Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Vosgian Beast posted:

We're all going to horse hell, but only because all dogs go to heaven

Rather be in Horse Hell than Dog Heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Iron Crowned posted:

Rather be in Horse Hell than Dog Heaven

"I want to go to dog heaven"
-Val Kilmer in The Island of Dr. Moreau

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

"I want to go to dog heaven"
-Val Kilmer in The Island of Dr. Moreau

What an utterly perverse movie.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

enigmahfc posted:

I seem to remember years ago when Bill Burr did a podcast (does he still do one?), all his ads were complete shitshows in the best way. Like, it was obvious he had never read the copy and had no clue what some of the stuff he was plugging even was, and he had interest in hiding that fact. I think i recall a read for Sherri's Berries where he was all, "holy poo poo, what is this? I can;t tell if this is awesome or terrible!" the whole time.

Unless I dreamed it, which is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5JDzvkEA0

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Calaveron posted:

While funny on its own, why would Michael Richards and Liam Neeson go to horse hell?

Neeson was a big supporter of keeping the horse carriage rides around the city when they were going to be cut, and Kramer for the Seinfeld episode were he pretends to be one.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ok I have a theory: Steve disrupted fate when he shouted loud enough to remind that tweaker to buckle him in on Batman: The Ride: The Chiller, but instead of being stalked by death, he's being stalked by some sort of spirit that generates News of the Weird. That's why he lives in a different New York than everybody else. That spirit is always trying to draw him back into bizarre stories that would lead him not just to his death, but to a wacky death late night hosts would make jokes about.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

If you are that upset about them having ads I hope you don't listen to them because you deserve the least amount of enjoyment in your life as possible

They all still have day jobs, too. Take that Patreon amount, subtract 30% (for taxes), and split it four ways, and that's what they're actually making per month.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Latest Mailbag was fantastic. Them last stories about drugs (all taking place in Colorado, ofcourse) were really funny. I love to hear the guys talk about their college years.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Steve's reaction to how long Chris's father was doing the Columbia House scam was great.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So Chris Cabin is the prototypical fat beardo who people in parties either warn you to stay away from because you're going to black out for a full day or tell you to hang out with because you're going to black out for a full day

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
My favourite bit was Eric going on a rant over the Zootopia sloth clip and then Stephen quietly telling him "Read the next sentence".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Calaveron posted:

So Chris Cabin is the prototypical fat beardo who people in parties either warn you to stay away from because you're going to black out for a full day or tell you to hang out with because you're going to black out for a full day

So he is Jack Mack?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

My favourite bit was Eric going on a rant over the Zootopia sloth clip and then Stephen quietly telling him "Read the next sentence".

Mine is how Andrew, Eric and Steve all pretty much say in unison they have a similar story with Chris Cabin as the deuteragonist and you can pretty much hear Cabin gleefully rubbing his hands together

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

So he is Jack Mack?

Guess who hasn't died in a murder-suicide over some dog racing bets yet?

https://www.jackmack.com

Edit: The website's copyright notice says "© 1980-2017" :kimchi:

BArbershop***.jpg

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 1, 2017

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

There's something strangely believable about that guy at the video store quoting Steven Seagal flicks while he's yelling at the teenaged clerk. I know someone like that and it's hilarious to think about

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

a day late but dammit I'm proud of my bit of idiocy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just finished rewatching Death Wish 3 to prepare for the episode. Jesus Christ, the body count has to be in the hundreds. Bronson just blasts people left and right like it's nothing.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

Latest Mailbag was fantastic. Them last stories about drugs (all taking place in Colorado, ofcourse) were really funny. I love to hear the guys talk about their college years.

I feel like we all learnt something that we already sort of knew about Crabin

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And I thought it was jupin the guy with the weird drugs who pressured his friends

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Noted WHM punching bag Scott Eastwood showed up on the Joe Rogan podcast a few weeks ago and he seems pretty chill. Also lol at him being rejected after an audition for American Sniper.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
He's the typical entitled bro, but with some self depreciating charm because of his fathers emotional and physical abuse.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

thanks me too

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L2_jgZQRNY

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Aaaaaaand I read the comments.

I heard Tim Cook will be announcing the new Giggler at the next Apple event.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Aaaaaaand I read the comments.

I can only imagine. As it is the scene is an NRA nut's wet dream.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I found this last night and it made me laugh like an idiot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHgz8KOzyM

Also there's one that shows every person Bronson kills in Death Wish 3 and the count goes up to 83 :lol:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I think it's cool that they turned every arcade machine shooter into a movie.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Paraphrasing one of the (many) Bronson impersonations they did:

:clint: "Are you REALLY saying you want to have sex with me? Am I understanding you correctly? Because I look like an old basketball with a caterpillar crawling on it."

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Paraphrasing one of the (many) Bronson impersonations they did:

and not a single "HEY MA. HOW BOUT...SOME COOKIES."

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

and not a single "HEY MA. HOW BOUT...SOME COOKIES."

"NO DICE... NO DICE."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Are you sure? Because I look like a walnut that's been in the microwave

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Calaveron posted:

Are you sure? Because I look like a walnut that's been in the microwave

Or an old jack-o-lantern!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm gonna blow your little candle out
Whooo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Whoooo

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It's weird them talking about a Charles Bronson movie. Was this the first time he's been on the show?

The high-pitched imitation of bemused audience members Stephen does in the Three Men And A Baby episode is what sold me on WHM. Re-hearing him do that made me cackle out loud. Couple episodes later was the Super Mario Bros episode which was another sampler I tried when I wanted to check out WHM and its also really good. My third time listening and its still a fun time.

One of my favourite mailbag episodes is the Hamsters, Hobbits, and Horrible Parents episode where Chris recalls seeing Sophie's Choice with his dad and all his dad can say is, "The nazis... they were trouble." The mailbag episodes are such good bonuses to the mainline show.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Catching up on whm and I'm on the Side Kick episode and I gotta say, I always saw a lot of similarity between that weirdo kid and the weirdo kid from Apt Pupil.

They'd get along so well.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
New episode is the best they've done in a while. That is all.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
300 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's unintentionally hilarious.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pops Mgee posted:

New episode is the best they've done in a while. That is all.

It really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm sure they exist out there but people who hate BvS but give 300 a single inch of slack should be thrown over cliffs like babies being murdered by a fundamentally worthless slaveholding culture of hicks that never gave the world anything of value other than machismo fetishism for the last X hundred years and totally got owned by 300 Thebans

I just remember when there were good reasons to hate Zack Snyder, as opposed to him making a punchman film some people thought was mediocre