Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream
you can also long-press on pretty much anything in the game and get a detailed explanation of what it is and what it does. it's definitely a pain in the rear end at first but i'm at r70 and only ever used the mobile version so it's not impossible to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Axiem posted:

I'm...not really sure what you mean by this? Should I not just get every upgrade and get as many of each building as I can?
The game does a pretty good job of easing you into things - as you get to higher reincarnations you'll get Mercenaries which can mix-and-match abilities from the races, Bloodlines which give out a special ability to anybody, and even higher than that you'll get Research which allows you to mix-and-match bonuses for the races as well. There are a lot of 'builds' you can generate from all the different options and tailor to your own idle/active playtimes.

In the meantime, yeah, you're just getting upgrades and buildings as it goes to reach the gem prestige threshold. Try out the different races, some of them are better than others at different gem levels - Goblins for instance are good at high gem levels, while Elves are good for getting faction coins at the start without having to click all day.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm wrapping up unlocking all the stuff in the first round of research on R16, am I about to go on another roller coaster ride like when I first unlocked mercs?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Axiem posted:

I'm currently working on getting Drow and Dwarves, but it's quite a slog for either of them.

Jeez. I only just hit 1e18 gems recently. I think it might still be a while...

I'm...not really sure what you mean by this? Should I not just get every upgrade and get as many of each building as I can?

Like Ghostlight said, you'll later get the ability to mix and match upgrades, and Druid has a lot of little things that're used for builds that people do. You should probably just buy every upgrade right now, I can't think of a reason unless you're going for a specific trophy.

quote:

That probably explains why Faceless is the only faction that gets me in the e40's ranges.

I've tried finding some guides, but they all seem to assume some entry-level knowledge I'm simply lacking in, or want me to do random things to get trophies, and I'm still in the phase of "I still don't understand why people say this game has depth. How do I shot web?"

I typed up a lot of stuff about each of the factions, then copied it over to a text document to flesh out. I'll post it in a day or two when I can go over it and make it a good primer for RG, this thread doesn't really have one that I know of. In the mean time, If you're stuck at a gem amount in R0, I would just go titan and cast lightning strike 2-4 times, buying the upgrades, heritages, and royal exchanges (last) when you can, it'll increase your gem count by 10-100 times in 20 minutes, probably.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Axiem posted:

I've tried finding some guides, but they all seem to assume some entry-level knowledge I'm simply lacking in, or want me to do random things to get trophies, and I'm still in the phase of "I still don't understand why people say this game has depth. How do I shot web?"

Some of the reason why they're pushing you to get trophies is that a hell of a lot of the more interesting trophies (particularly the ones called secret trophies) each have an associated upgrade to them. Some of those upgrades are really quite good.

For example, you may say to yourself "why would I bother with speedrunning the game for the speed run trophy?" and the answer is "so that when you're first starting out an abdication you're clicking for a million coins each time instead of one coin each time" because of the upgrade it unlocks.

Another example is the Mathematician secret trophy which gives another nice upgrade. If you haven't already gotten that one you're not too far off from getting it (the hardest part is the 1024 farms, going fairies with high enough gems takes care of that).

Drow themselves aren't popular at that point in the game to actually use, but you need to have them unlocked in order to get, say, the Premeditation secret trophy, which has an upgrade increasing your max mana by 200 (and you can use that upgrade as any faction once it's unlocked, not just when playing evil/drow).

A lot of the game is like that - you alternate between coin/gem grinding and doing one or another one-off task, perhaps less immediately gem-profitable, for the sake of permanently unlocking a useful mechanic or option or upgrade.

Emron posted:

I'm wrapping up unlocking all the stuff in the first round of research on R16, am I about to go on another roller coaster ride like when I first unlocked mercs?

Yeah, once you finish with all those R16 unlocks you basically sail through effortlessly into the low R20s or so. A lot of the unlocks in the next few reincarnations (you get access to more researches with more RP, and your RP cap rises with each R) are basically "have both researches X and Y already unlocked" with no additional requirement of their own, so it goes pretty fast.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Axiem posted:

I'm currently working on getting Drow and Dwarves, but it's quite a slog for either of them.

A tip for getting the 10k spells required for Drow: they don't need to be evil spells, so you can go into Angels, get all of their mana regen upgrades, then just have Tax Collection autocast over night and you'll have more than enough for them.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Vil posted:

Yeah, once you finish with all those R16 unlocks you basically sail through effortlessly into the low R20s or so. A lot of the unlocks in the next few reincarnations (you get access to more researches with more RP, and your RP cap rises with each R) are basically "have both researches X and Y already unlocked" with no additional requirement of their own, so it goes pretty fast.

Awesome. I've only got the 750 fairy chanting and 666 hellfire blasts ones left, so I figure letting it go overnight should wrap up this reincarnation. I appreciate that things change so dramatically, mechanics-wise. It's like there are chapters to this game that each radically shift the way you play it. I'm glad it's not like "run that titan/fairies mercy build until your eyes bleed"

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

I've been scouring through the Reddit and Kongregate forums on Realm Grinder regarding the 1e29 wall at R45. I've read through threads discussing builds to overcome the hurdle (perhaps outdated?), but they do not specifically address the wall itself. I've been stuck at Xe29 gems for about.... 4-5 days using Titans. If I were to abdicate as of this post, I'd be at about 5e29 gems. I can get to 1e28 within a few hours, and then the grind starts. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the Titan ~ Olympian Hall R42+ build listed here.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

What's the sweet spot for prestiging in Egg, Inc?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Null1fy posted:

I've been scouring through the Reddit and Kongregate forums on Realm Grinder regarding the 1e29 wall at R45. I've read through threads discussing builds to overcome the hurdle (perhaps outdated?), but they do not specifically address the wall itself. I've been stuck at Xe29 gems for about.... 4-5 days using Titans. If I were to abdicate as of this post, I'd be at about 5e29 gems. I can get to 1e28 within a few hours, and then the grind starts. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the Titan ~ Olympian Hall R42+ build listed here.

You're going to want to start unlocking spell tiers to break that particular wall. Casting multiple Call to Arms at once makes W180 extremely, extremely powerful. Gem Grinder also gets massively stronger as you add tiers.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Revolution Idle linked a few pages ago with the spinning circles is interesting.
You upgrade your circles so they spin faster and give you more currency to spend. There is also a compounding factor making your currency/sec increase all the time.
Once you have upgraded a certain circle enough you can ascend it, resetting it to 0 but making each upgrade more powerful
There is also a prestige where you reset all your circles but get an additional multiplier to the compounding.
Aparently there are more features to unlock later but i have not gotten that far yet.

Do not play the game in Firefox though. The game will slow your entire PC to a halt eventually resulting in a Blue Screen of Death. I got 2 BSODs in a couple of hours when playing on Firefox. I cannot remember the last time i got a literal BSOD, maybe a decade ago or so?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Revolution Idle linked a few pages ago with the spinning circles is interesting.
You upgrade your circles so they spin faster and give you more currency to spend. There is also a compounding factor making your currency/sec increase all the time.
Once you have upgraded a certain circle enough you can ascend it, resetting it to 0 but making each upgrade more powerful
There is also a prestige where you reset all your circles but get an additional multiplier to the compounding.
Aparently there are more features to unlock later but i have not gotten that far yet.

Do not play the game in Firefox though. The game will slow your entire PC to a halt eventually resulting in a Blue Screen of Death. I got 2 BSODs in a couple of hours when playing on Firefox. I cannot remember the last time i got a literal BSOD, maybe a decade ago or so?

Played it for 3 days or so on Firefox, not a single BSOD in sight. It is Flash though so who knows what kind of fuckery may happen.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

ungulateman posted:

You're going to want to start unlocking spell tiers to break that particular wall. Casting multiple Call to Arms at once makes W180 extremely, extremely powerful. Gem Grinder also gets massively stronger as you add tiers.

Right. I have 5/5 unlocked. Problem I'm having is affording the tier upgrades past T2 - I cap out at e68 coins or so. RE bonus is currently at 80%, ascension is brutal.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

GrossMurpel posted:

Played it for 3 days or so on Firefox, not a single BSOD in sight. It is Flash though so who knows what kind of fuckery may happen.

My game didn't BSoD, but I couldn't click anything.

Trimps is interesting.

korora
Sep 3, 2011

Null1fy posted:

I went through R45 fairly recently. I used the first build here and abdicated after getting 2x gems or so.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What's the sweet spot for prestiging in Egg, Inc?

It depends on whether you've done all the missions or not I think. Once you've done all those, you get trophies to work towards instead for having X amount of chickens for each egg type. They give you a ton of Soul and Gold Eggs. Most of my Soul Eggs came from there, so really I guess it's whatever works for you to do the missions and trophies.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

My game didn't BSoD, but I couldn't click anything.

Trimps is interesting.

Revolution gives you a bank of super-speed-up time that you can toggle on and off, if you close the window. So if you come back in a couple days, you can do 5 seconds of speeding, buy up next round of upgrades, 5 second of speeding, etc. It gives you a whole lot of it, too.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Devor posted:

Revolution gives you a bank of super-speed-up time that you can toggle on and off, if you close the window. So if you come back in a couple days, you can do 5 seconds of speeding, buy up next round of upgrades, 5 second of speeding, etc. It gives you a whole lot of it, too.

I meant I can't click anything. If I try to purchase something it acts like I'm not clicking a button. It's like I'm staring at a .gif. :shrug:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I meant I can't click anything. If I try to purchase something it acts like I'm not clicking a button. It's like I'm staring at a .gif. :shrug:

It's the laggiest idle ever. It really hates Firefox but plays vaguely ok in Chrome.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Which "Promotion" should i do first in Revolution Idle?

They all seem very lackluster, only increasing revolution time by 1,73 for example (isn't that just a 73% increase in currency?) whereas prestiging have given me around 100 times increased currency every time i have done it. Prestiging has stagnated something fierce now though, a full day and my multiplier is only doubled.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

They all seem very lackluster, only increasing revolution time by 1,73 for example (isn't that just a 73% increase in currency?) whereas prestiging have given me around 100 times increased currency every time i have done it. Prestiging has stagnated something fierce now though, a full day and my multiplier is only doubled.

Upper left is a 100x multiplier. You'll get them all eventually, since there's no apparent added costs involved other than the time it takes for the run.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Ineptitude posted:

Unless I'm being a math idiot, it should be more than a 73% increase in currency over any given timespan since it's also an increase in your rate of multiplier growth.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Top left is x100, always take that first. Don't feel stupid if you missed it, according to the chat on Kong, about 50% of people think it's x1.001 instead of x100.1 because the font is utter poo poo.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Revolution Idle: when do you do your first Rebirth and what do you buy?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

is that the thing that was answered one post above you? i didn't make it that far so not sure.

is spaceplan done when you enter the black hole or whatever? i click that and a couple things of flavor text scroll by then nothing happens.

e: i guess it's broken for me cause i loaded up my save from the web version and it seems to be a rebirth type thing when you click that.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sindai posted:

Revolution Idle: when do you do your first Rebirth and what do you buy?

At 155 or 160 MAPA (you need 31 points), and get auto-buy, battle, and red attack.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is revolution just idle bouncer 2

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like it a lot more than idle bouncer. Progression feels much faster.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
It is pretty drat fast once you get that first promotion. Unfortunately there's not any new mechanics after rebirth so how long the game keeps your interest just depends on how long it takes until you get bored of the same thing over and over.

nerox
May 20, 2001

GrossMurpel posted:

It is pretty drat fast once you get that first promotion. Unfortunately there's not any new mechanics after rebirth so how long the game keeps your interest just depends on how long it takes until you get bored of the same thing over and over.

Yeah it was a lot of fun, but now that I have auto-buy and auto-ascend, I just check it to prestige occasionally.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

korora posted:

I went through R45 fairly recently. I used the first build here and abdicated after getting 2x gems or so.

What was your average time to 2x? I'm 1d 33m into that build and still only 5e28 gems.

korora
Sep 3, 2011

Null1fy posted:

What was your average time to 2x? I'm 1d 33m into that build and still only 5e28 gems.

Sorry, I might have been thinking of R44—if you've bought all the affordable spell tiers and you're still not making progress try the Goblin Bank build from the same forum post.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

GrossMurpel posted:

I went until I had all the circles solid and decided that was victory (after 3 or 4 rebirths). Rebirthing over and over again just for levels didn't seem particularly compelling. Fun while it lasted though.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

Top left is x100, always take that first. Don't feel stupid if you missed it, according to the chat on Kong, about 50% of people think it's x1.001 instead of x100.1 because the font is utter poo poo.

Yep i thought there was a . there so top left looked pretty lackluster.

For promotions start top left and go clockwise.

I haven't seen any red attack or auto battle yet, i guess that is a 4th type of prestige mechanic?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Yep i thought there was a . there so top left looked pretty lackluster.

For promotions start top left and go clockwise.

I haven't seen any red attack or auto battle yet, i guess that is a 4th type of prestige mechanic?

Yup, unlocks at 150 MAPA.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'll just drop these off here

Space Company - Collect resources, go to space, get more resources. Still in Beta

Fill the Oceans - A Cookie Clicker-like with water

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I only played for a minute but that second one looks like just re-skinned cookie clicker and seems pretty dead from the subreddit.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Cinara posted:

I only played for a minute but that second one looks like just re-skinned cookie clicker and seems pretty dead from the subreddit.

That's because it is a reskinned cookie clicker and hasn't updated in like a year.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Got to the Population grind in Mine Defense and I feel like it's going slowly. Is there anything I can do to accelerate my Steel production beyond making shitloads of Baggers and Rock Golems (trading post dirt to stone and produce stone) to upgrade the Smelting Pit? Before unlocking whatever comes at 50 population, I mean. I know there are upgrades at 1m Baggers and Titans that I don't have yet, but my alchemists are working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Have you gotten 1 million goblins and/or education 250?