Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

what's going on
what time is it nao

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
WHO CAN IT BE NAO
/saxophone

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
idolw@tch starting in less than 1 hour! https://cytu.be/r/kotori

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion posted:

idolw@tch starting in less than 1 hour! https://cytu.be/r/kotori

We're starting in 10!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
ARE YOU READY?

I'M LADY!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

needs more nirvana shirt nao

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

graybook posted:

WHO CAN IT BE NAO
/saxophone

Good.

This one is good too~

Speaking of which now that I've watched the movie, I'm madder than Zep on a rainy day.

Of which there were many, incidentally.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Mermaid Festa Vol. 2 swing master ver., available in JP for :siren: one day only :siren:.

Warning: there's at least one instance each of hold notes transitioning to swings, and vice-versa.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Speaking of which now that I've watched the movie, I'm madder than Zep on a rainy day.

Of which there were many, incidentally.

It has to rain until the drama is resolved, no exceptions.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

It has to rain until the drama is resolved, no exceptions.

I'm fine with the rain, the rain lets you have lots of real neat stuff, visually.
The problem is the cause of the rain. It's just so dumb.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, well, yeah. I definitely have issues with the movie in the more general sense.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, but it looked lovely! Except for this one random very obviously CG scene of spilled snacks. That was pretty jarring.

Visually, it was like the difference between that imas ova with the truck and the onsen and the anime. A+ would stare blankly at and try not to think about the pot again.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Literally me while boxing earlier, will be me while boxing tomorrow:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Yeah, but it looked lovely! Except for this one random very obviously CG scene of spilled snacks. That was pretty jarring.

Mostly I remember this when I think about that scene

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26963452 (http://polsy.org.uk/play/nico/?vidid=sm26963452)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well, that's certainly something. Notably, the joke looks less weird.

Also aaaaaaaa radio happy

also :/ I wanted to save those gems, Kozue.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
KOZUE 360

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I just used up all my stockpiled stamina drinks and caught up with over two years worth of Starlight Stage story missions and songs, because I only just remembered where the mission list was. I'm an idiot.
BUT boy was that a lotta fun. Chiisana Koi no Misshitsu Jiken made me smile a big teary smile.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

My green ticket luck from the 3 year anniversary login bonuses continues to hold, even if it's only a Riko I got this time, but what a Riko it is:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Boy, that live groove really cooled down at the end~

FauxLeather posted:

I just used up all my stockpiled stamina drinks and caught up with over two years worth of Starlight Stage story missions and songs, because I only just remembered where the mission list was. I'm an idiot.
BUT boy was that a lotta fun. Chiisana Koi no Misshitsu Jiken made me smile a big teary smile.

So, in events and stuff does it not use songs you haven't unlocked? I've been vaguely curious.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
you can definitely get songs you haven't unlocked in events

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Zenostein posted:

So, in events and stuff does it not use songs you haven't unlocked? I've been vaguely curious.
The songs from the story commus are playable during Live Grooves even if you haven't personally unlocked them yet. I rarely got lined up with songs that I was familiar with because I unlocked so few after all this time.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

GhostStalker posted:

My green ticket luck from the 3 year anniversary login bonuses continues to hold, even if it's only a Riko I got this time, but what a Riko it is:

almost forgot: nice riko

FauxLeather posted:

The songs from the story commus are playable during Live Grooves even if you haven't personally unlocked them yet. I rarely got lined up with songs that I was familiar with because I unlocked so few after all this time.

lol

Well congrats on like, an hour or so of commus
I still have a million of those other ones to get though eventually.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
It was an hour of heaven.
I didn't even know Nao had a song. That's how ignorant I was. But now I'm awake. I see the code.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

A world without koiiro energy is not a world I want any part of koi no hamburg, too

But hey, at least you caught up in time for radio happy!

say, anyone watch that korean idolmaster drama?

Cuz I saw some of this guy's tweets and uh wow

https://twitter.com/yuta_n/status/861576367518830592

They're from like yesterday, if you're inclined to see some other stuff.

poo poo's wild.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 10, 2017

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I was and am still tempted to make a thread for it. It'll hit a lot of the k-drama cliches though so expect lots of rains.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

FauxLeather posted:

NEW markers are very stressful for me, I couldn't live with that for so long.

Zenostein posted:

say, anyone watch that korean idolmaster drama?

I can't easily watch it so I'm just following the official blog and yeah, this wasn't the first thing I was expecting from an idol show.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

NEW markers are very stressful for me, I couldn't live with that for so long.

I can't easily watch it so I'm just following the official blog and yeah, this wasn't the first thing I was expecting from an idol show.

I've learned to ignore the new commu marker, thankfully. Those unplayed Debut songs, though…

Also yeah, the first batch of screenshots I saw had someone being called garbage and then getting a garbage bin upended on her head. I had to double-check that they hadn't switched shows halfway or something, because what the hell.

On a more pleasant note, wow Nono's a good sport~

On a much less pleasant note, I made the poor decision to reset all the song speeds to 8.5 and now I'm gonna spend the next month finding random songs that I wanted to be 8.8 or whatever. Man, I wish that was more of a "going forward" option, rather than a sledgehammer.

:/ too bad I didn't bother to play it on master to unlock the MV; I'm pretty sure the "dim the BG" option applies for the in-commu lives too, but it was kinda flickering in a weird way, and I kinda want to know if that was intentional or what.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

GhostStalker posted:

My green ticket luck from the 3 year anniversary login bonuses continues to hold, even if it's only a Riko I got this time, [...]

Pump those breaks my friend; Riko is a very good idol.

Also nice ticket pull.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

Also yeah, the first batch of screenshots I saw had someone being called garbage and then getting a garbage bin upended on her head. I had to double-check that they hadn't switched shows halfway or something, because what the hell.

Please link this one it sounds hilarious

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/yuta_n/status/861571107639377920

Bonus nonsense I saw on that person's TL:

https://twitter.com/twitettaseattle/status/860134938720354304

Unrelated: you can sorta play dressup in bang dream now. It's only for outfits for cards you've gotten, but it changes their outfit on the stage and in the little sketch things after a concert. Also there's profiles, in case you wanted to know someone's birthday, or that Kasumi hates natto. They also upped the stamina to 10, but seem to have made it so you can't play if you have 0? Idk, I didn't really feel like messing around with it beyond "i touched something and this is a purchase screen."

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Pump those breaks my friend; Riko is a very good idol.

Also nice ticket pull.

Meh, her self-deprecation in SIF can get on my nerves after a while, but her anime character grew on me, and she was great in concert, so ok. Was hoping for another Yohane or a Mari or Dia though, a Ruby would've been nice too. Still, maid Riko is a good Riko.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 11, 2017

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Hot drat, Hotaru Shiragiku looks fire.

Guess now's the time for me to learn how these Caravan events work.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Unrelated: you can sorta play dressup in bang dream now. It's only for outfits for cards you've gotten, but it changes their outfit on the stage and in the little sketch things after a concert. Also there's profiles, in case you wanted to know someone's birthday, or that Kasumi hates natto. They also upped the stamina to 10, but seem to have made it so you can't play if you have 0? Idk, I didn't really feel like messing around with it beyond "i touched something and this is a purchase screen."

Nice, I need to try that stuff out later. I just had time to burn all my stamina this morning before work. I can still get a decent score out of it and the card is still at 150,000 points so I think I'm fine with the changes.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Nice, I need to try that stuff out later. I just had time to burn all my stamina this morning before work. I can still get a decent score out of it and the card is still at 150,000 points so I think I'm fine with the changes.

It's kinda funny the way they tweaked the multiplier though, it still works like you'd expect for event points (5x, 10x, 15x), but the exp/items are like, 3, 6, 7 or something. Stamina refresh is still one/30min, it seems. Also, maybe it was just me, but when I started after updating, it started me with 3/10 stamina, which was kinda annoying.

You also get a little notification when you pull something from the gacha with a new outfit. …no Moka, tho :( There's also more main story, I guess.

FauxLeather posted:

Hot drat, Hotaru Shiragiku looks fire.

Guess now's the time for me to learn how these Caravan events work.

She looks more psycho than Mayuor that one Kyouko card, but whatever makes you happy~

Anyway get your starriest idol and plonk them in the middle of a unit, and then use that unit. Although if you haven't been doing the caravans, you probably don't have many idols with high star ranks, unless you've been super un/lucky with the gacha (and actually star ranked cards, instead of just using them for skill fodder). Each day has a specific song type, which I think changes over at 0h JST, but I'm not positive. The day's type is shown on the landing page for the event (as is a schedule, so you can see tomorrow's type): for the 11th you want Cool songs, and then Passion on the 12th. On the stage select screen, songs of the correct type will have a little banner over the album cover when selected, if you don't want to go to the page and check (go to the page and check, you get a daily (and it's only good for the day) +50stamina drink). I'm pretty sure that the live screen's song type banner also updates at the correct time, rather than rely on your phone's clock, but who knows.

You can get those cards either as rewards for stages, or by redeeming medals. The medals, like cards, are random bonus rewards, on master you can get a max of like 28x2 coins, I think? The medal exchange is on the event landing page, and you'll need 1000 coins for Hotaru and 500 for Kate (doubling to 2000 and 1000 respectively for the other two copies — you can buy a max of three, in addition to however many you get as drops. SR's star level maxes at 15, incidentally).

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Zenostein posted:

Also there's profiles, in case you wanted to know someone's birthday, or that Kasumi hates natto.

You missed the important part of the update. Michelle has a birthday now.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Christmas Cake posted:

You missed the important part of the update. Michelle has a birthday now.

:colbert: the picture is michelle, but it says misaki.

What's michelle's birthday, craft egg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good usamin altar