Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I thought it was going to be something like taking a bullet for the Prime Minister but the reality is much different :confused:

BattleMaster has a new favorite as of 08:33 on May 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
So it's erotic role playing, presumably without the erotic part since they are just random employees?!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember that anime

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Baron Corbyn posted:

This article has more info

I'm not sure how this helps.

It does not.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Baron Corbyn posted:

This article has more info

I'm not sure how this helps.

So you pretend you want to gently caress yourself while roleplaying as the other person?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Also get hosed by yourself :pervert:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Zebra runs free across beach, collides with truck in Florida

http://wgntv.com/2017/05/06/escaped-zebra-runs-into-truck-injures-driver-in-hillsborough-county/

Arcade group promises ticket and claw games will no longer be “rigged”

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/05/arcade-group-promises-ticket-and-claw-games-will-no-longer-be-rigged/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Also get hosed by yourself :pervert:

This is Japan we're talking about here let's not pretend anyone's actually having sex

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Watch anime with yourself ?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
So I assume the woman roleplaying a man in a woman's body just immediately starts groping herself?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

So I assume the woman roleplaying a man in a woman's body just immediately starts groping herself?

That's too crass for Japan. She'll just sensually start brushing her teeth or run down the street with toast in her mouth.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's too crass for Japan. She'll just sensually start brushing her teeth or run down the street with toast in her mouth.

:wrong:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Orange County bar celebrates Cinco De Mayo with an inflatable "border wall" people can climb. If they reach the top, they will get a "permanent drinking card" (read: free drinks).

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-cinco-de-mayo-bar-20170506-story.html

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 00:32 on May 8, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Orange County bar celebrates Cinco De Mayo with an inflatable "border wall" people can climb. If they reach the top, they will get a "permanent drinking card" (read: free drinks).

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-cinco-de-mayo-bar-20170506-story.html

That's awesome. A little insensitive sure, but awesome none the less. Open bars heal all wounds.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Google Maps error is causing loads of tourists to accidentally show up at the wrong Norwegian village to see a famous cliff.

Related, last year a tiny English town got inexplicably swarmed with tourists.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love this. It's like the non-white equivalent of tourists visiting a native tribe village. Paul Phillips saw the obvious benefit of this.

In another and less pleasant case of role reversal:
Komodo dragon that bit S’porean gets diarrhoea, food poisoning

A vet posted:

This shows that the komodo dragon is not accustomed to eating junk food.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The MSJ posted:

:owned:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Never Before Seen: Deer Spotted Eating Human Bones

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/05/deer-eating-human-forensics-decomposition/

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Suspect Steals Truck, Boards Fish & Game Boat, Jumps Into Bay Before Officers Find Him Clinging to a Pirate Ship

He's got a unique face tattoo too.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

I love this. It's like the non-white equivalent of tourists visiting a native tribe village. Paul Phillips saw the obvious benefit of this.

If you have diarrhea, it means you ate poo poo.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Istari posted:

I don't suppose the horse is called Horse ?

Wasn't that a Richard Harris movie?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The MSJ posted:

This Singaporean keeps getting owned over and over.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

The MSJ posted:

...30 minutes after biting him? Then it wasn't the guy that caused it. Food poisoning takes a like 1-3 days.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

That is a top tier burn.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

lol

quote:

When officer caught up with Breaker, he was reportedly clinging to the back of one of the tall ships, shivering his timbers off.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

He now resembles the :qq:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Slime posted:

...30 minutes after biting him? Then it wasn't the guy that caused it. Food poisoning takes a like 1-3 days.

I thought it occurred within a few hours of eating, when your body begins digesting it. Food for humans takes roughly a day to pass through the body and be excreted. What's it like for komodo dragons?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I thought it occurred within a few hours of eating, when your body begins digesting it. Food for humans takes roughly a day to pass through the body and be excreted. What's it like for komodo dragons?

Yeah, for people it's within hours. I've had food poisoning before and I went from feeling great right after a meal, to projectile vomiting and in the ER about 2 and half hours later.

I would imagine that for animals it's much the same.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

chitoryu12 posted:

As Komodo dragons are cold-blooded, I imagine their metabolism is probably slower than a human's.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Suddenly everyone's an expert on komodo dragon digestive systems?

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

jojoinnit posted:

Just lol if you didn't write your phd dissertation on the highly sensitive komodo dragon GI tract

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I am not going to tell the big black cock joke everybody is thinking

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Istari posted:

As Komodo dragons are cold-blooded, I imagine their metabolism is probably slower than a human's.

Wouldn't that depend on the ambient temperature? Its metabolism could be pretty fast when it is hot out.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Slime posted:

chitoryu12 posted:

flosofl posted:

Yeah, for people it's within hours. I've had food poisoning before and I went from feeling great right after a meal, to projectile vomiting and in the ER about 2 and half hours later.

I would imagine that for animals it's much the same.

jojoinnit posted:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

genetic_knockout posted:

Just lol if you didn't write your phd dissertation on the highly sensitive komodo dragon GI tract

I only wrote my thesis on it, sadly all the komodo dragon digestive system doctorate positions were taken.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Depends on the type of poisoning. Some bacteria (like staph) produce a toxin as they grow in the food - this takes 1-2 hours to affect you and clears up relatively quickly. Others (like salmonella) actually infect you, taking about 24 hours to become noticeable but lasting much longer (possibly requiring antibiotics)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

Wouldn't that depend on the ambient temperature? Its metabolism could be pretty fast when it is hot out.

Yeah, they're poikilothermic, not "cold-blooded"

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Calm down people. The komodo dragon thing was fake news. Not like the fake news you get in the real news but real fake news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The pie on Qantas CEO's face certainly wasn't fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eg2p3s56nw