Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Which character is going to best identify me as a total scrub?

Akuma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What about from the usual tekken roster?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

OP posted:

Kazumi Mishima (small movelist, throws tigers at people)

I will be playing my heart out with this character.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Real hurthling! posted:

What about from the usual tekken roster?

Asuka traditionally if you're flailin for counters like no one's business. Or eddy if you wanna go old school makin folks upset

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Real hurthling! posted:

Which character is going to best identify me as a total scrub?

Eddie

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I think Asuka is the noob favorite for some reason.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Proposed video for the op: https://youtu.be/XRhuJeCQX7M

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This game looks fun and I'm looking forward to getting it on PC. :unsmith:

I have a wired pad that's been in storage for a while that I might be able to use for this!

Brosnan posted:

Honestly I think Asuka is the noob favorite for some reason.

It's probably the titties. (unless :thejoke:?)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

Apparently easy to play, and also waifu material. Plus tiddys. Makes sense.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

teagone posted:

I will be playing my heart out with this character.

Same here, how can you say no to.. tigermancy? I guess? Also probably the best part is her quite literal Tiger Uppercut with her and her tiger bro.

Man the rules of the canon Tekken tournament seem awfully wishy-washy. No weapons except when there are, also go hog wild with tigers and eye-lasers/becoming a literal devil.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Same here, how can you say no to.. tigermancy? I guess? Also probably the best part is her quite literal Tiger Uppercut with her and her tiger bro.

Man the rules of the canon Tekken tournament seem awfully wishy-washy. No weapons except when there are, also go hog wild with tigers and eye-lasers/becoming a literal devil.

Also you can bring a gun too who cares really

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

It's been added in the appropriate place. :ssh:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

DizzyBum posted:

Nah I wasn't being snarky, a lot of new players gravitate toward Asuka and I don't think she's all that hypersexualized of a character or anything (at least, relative to some others).

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This was awesome :stare:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I haven't played any fighting games since I was stupid and bought SFV when it came out, and haven't played Tekken since TTT. I hope to have fun with this on PC or PS4 depending on which I can get cheaper.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Well that was amazing. Also the music is :krad:

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Do any pro players play non claw pad? Just curious what kind of configs they use. I'm guessing not though cause it wouldn't be fast enough.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
I'm as excited for the thread as I am the game, because it means that the game can't be delayed anymore! Now it HAS to come out.

RE Lei Wulong: there is an article about how DLC characters are going to be separated from "Returning Characters", in that returning characters are not considered purchasable DLC, but rather might be free additional content to the game. I imagine this is still in effect, unless it has somehow been debunked.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

poe meater posted:

Do any pro players play non claw pad? Just curious what kind of configs they use. I'm guessing not though cause it wouldn't be fast enough.

I'm willing to bet there's some crazyman out there who plays only with the shoulder buttons

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

poe meater posted:

Probably not, 'cause there isn't really a reason to do anything else. Just using thumbs is too slow.

Lothire posted:

I'm as excited for the thread as I am the game, because it means that the game can't be delayed anymore! Now it HAS to come out.

RE Lei Wulong: there is an article about how DLC characters are going to be separated from "Returning Characters", in that returning characters are not considered purchasable DLC, but rather might be free additional content to the game. I imagine this is still in effect, unless it has somehow been debunked.

I don't think anything in his tweet very strongly implies that they will be releasing free characters. He said selling season passes would enable them to do "free updates and support" aside from the paid DLC characters, but it seems like a long shot to assume that "free updates and support" means adding entire free characters back in to the game.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Brosnan posted:

Probably not, 'cause there isn't really a reason to do anything else. Just using thumbs is too slow.

I don't think anything in his tweet very strongly implies that they will be releasing free characters. He said selling season passes would enable them to do "free updates and support" aside from the paid DLC characters, but it seems like a long shot to assume that "free updates and support" means adding entire free characters back in to the game.

Although they have done this with previous titles.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Is Zafina in this game and is she still the cutest?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDK2Da5-tbI

bring this item back

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Is Zafina in this game and is she still the cutest?

no

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Asuka is the best since we can't play as Jun.

Also can we go back to good music in Tekken? This dub step poo poo is terrible. More Moonlight Wilderness please.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I was planning on giving Asuka a shot at some point (like after unlocking some better outfits) because I like reversals and heard that's her thing, but so far I'm having a pretty good time with Dragunov in T6.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ghostinmyshell posted:

Asuka is the best since we can't play as Jun.

Also can we go back to good music in Tekken? This dub step poo poo is terrible. More Moonlight Wilderness please.

Gargoyle's Perch was always one of my favorite tracks in the series.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Armor-Piercing posted:

I was planning on giving Asuka a shot at some point (like after unlocking some better outfits) because I like reversals and heard that's her thing, but so far I'm having a pretty good time with Dragunov in T6.

You're in luck, Drag has them too!

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

ghostinmyshell posted:

T7 music, like every other Tekken Soundtrack, owns. Sorry about you´´re bad taste.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I want the Moonlit Wilderness stage back. It's the one thing I want. Give it to me.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i eagerly await the angry mail from akuma mashers stark with disbelief that they lost to a stupid capo

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.

Armor-Piercing posted:

you're in luck, dragunov is crazy good in 7

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn posted:

dragunov is crazy good in 7

ff,f+2

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn posted:

dragunov is crazy good in every tekken

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.

DR not so much

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The load times were bad for a long while, do we know what they're like now?

very sane now, 15-20 seconds with instant rematch as an option. presumably even faster on pc

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Europe's getting PS4 bundles, Pro and Slim:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Bit of a long shot but I don't suppose if anyone knows if this will have legacy (PS3) fightstick support? Not quite ready to retire my MadCatz (RIP) SFIV TE stick.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Durzel posted:

Bit of a long shot but I don't suppose if anyone knows if this will have legacy (PS3) fightstick support? Not quite ready to retire my MadCatz (RIP) SFIV TE stick.

Yep!

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/858551127989563392

basically, PS3 sticks will work on PS4 but PS1/2 converters won't. X360 sticks don't work on XB1 for the usual reasons, PC compatibility will be discussed closer to release.

I think they're running their own compatibility driver and not the Lab Zero driver so I don't know what that means for PCB-modded PS3 sticks.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Nice, nice. Thanks for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Lasher posted:

How bullshit is the arcade boss? Azezel or whatever from 6 was TERRIBLE and don't give me any bullshit about how easy he was, it was utter dogshit and just because there was an easy way to cheese the oval office doesn't negate that fact.

Kazumi / Devil Kazumi is easy to beat in the arcade version of the game. She is pretty much a standard Tekken character rather than a giant mess like Azazel.