Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Drunk Theory posted:

I'm the button of the squatting legs making GBS threads out a baby.

Edit: You know, I just realized I threw out that comment without any understanding of context. Was that image from something Star Citizen related?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXzJR7K0wK0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Rad Russian posted:

Crobbler is making GBS threads out something called 3.0 this July, and it has none of the features* that were promised of 3.0 last year. It will also not be released until October.

At least we know what the Gamescom demo in August will be, look at 3.0 which you'll have in 2 weeks*.

*may take longer.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Thanks.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DarkRefreshment posted:

I lucked out and got a gently used range P90 once for $1200. It was my dream toy. I mainly blame it on how cool they made it look in Stargate SG-1. Couldn't afford to shoot it much as the round price was ridiculous. I had the 30 mag. It was as amazing even with the wonky reloads.

Then my wife found out how much it cost and the price of the ammo boxes.

I no longer have a P90. :smith:

:sever:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Oh poo poo I almost forgot to tell you guys I went on vacation this last weekend and freedived (freedove?) a bunch of caves and got my head stuck in one and it was rad. When the thread gets lean again you can make fun of me for almost dying in the dumbest possible way lol

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

trucutru posted:

I personally can't wait to be poisoned and then have to wait a few hours in line at the space emergencies room while the space doctor plays minigames. It is fidelitious as gently caress

So maybe this guy was just leading us to the inevitable pitch of RobertsCare. It will be like LTI but for your commando.
Also like real life insurance, it will be funded by those that never get in to accidents or get sick while paying for the assholes that repeatedly pet venomous animals on planets or get their heads stuck in a loving cave or some poo poo.

e: Page 1100... Still more fidelity than SC

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 9, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh poo poo I almost forgot to tell you guys I went on vacation this last weekend and freedived (freedove?) a bunch of caves and got my head stuck in one and it was rad. When the thread gets lean again you can make fun of me for almost dying in the dumbest possible way lol

DarkRefreshment posted:

So maybe this guy was just leading us to the inevitable pitch of RobertsCare. It will be like LTI but for your commando.
Also like real life insurance, it will be funded by those that never get in to accidents or get sick while paying for the assholes that repeatedly pet venomous animals on planets or get their heads stuck in a loving cave or some poo poo.

e: Page 1100... Still more fidelity than SC

Woooops.... :smug:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Citizens , Like massive idiot babbys getting their heads stuck in things

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:laffo:

I feel like you might be talking about someone there but I can't quite put my finger on who...

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Hav posted:

Ask yourself the question about what kind of person you are if you dream of a job stacking boxes in your truck.

Funny you should ask.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Rugganovich posted:

Funny you should ask.

This, except without any power equipment.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

:laffo:

I feel like you might be talking about someone there but I can't quite put my finger on who...

I dunno man. On a side note, seen any venomous space creatures that could use a solid belly rub recently? :wotwot:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Rugganovich posted:

Funny you should ask.

since when have CIG spoken about being able to buy a sweet-rear end forklift in Star Citizen?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Decrepus posted:

This, except without any power equipment thing.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

starkebn posted:

since when have CIG spoken about being able to buy a sweet-rear end forklift in Star Citizen?

Gif of buggy slamming into the steel causing it to collapse.gif

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Decrepus posted:

This, except without any power equipment.

Glad we can enslave NPCs for this trivial task.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Decrepus posted:

And I walked over to the bench there, the game developer bench... where they put you if you may not be able to make a good videogame. Peter Molyneux, Chris Roberts, Derek Smart... Derek Smart sitting right there on the bench next to me!

And they was mean and nasty and horrible game devs sitting on the bench next to me. And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest game developer of them all, was coming over to be and he was mean and ugly and nasty and horrible and all kinds of things and he sat down and said, "Ever do motion capture?" I said "I didn't capture anything I just lost $50 and can't even play yet"

He said, "What are you here for, kid" And I said, "Releasing a videogame" and they all moved away from me on the bench there and they was being all kinds of mean and nasty things until I said "...without most of its features" and they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the bench, talking about funding, cutting content, minimum viable products. And everything was fine, we was smoking cigarettes and all kinds of things until the Lawyer came over.

Oh wow.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

starkebn posted:

It's not a forklift silly, it's a Flurförderfahrzeug, something that Foundry 42 in Frankfurt have been secretly working on.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Decrepus posted:

Gif of buggy slamming into the steel causing it to collapse.gif

got you fam

starkebn fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 9, 2017

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

trucutru posted:

Space Canada here I come!

Ha! We have built a hyper-wall! Checkmate etc etc....

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-GZJhfBmI

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Well, I clicked that and...

These dudes bend with the slightest wind.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

aha, gremlich tries not to seem hateful. What's it look like when he is?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Hail Stimperor! :zpatriot:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

holy poo poo I found that hilarious, goes to show how important music can be in a film

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Rugganovich posted:

Funny you should ask.

Welcome friend, please share your Star Citizen story, this is a friendly space

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Welcome friend, please share your Star Citizen story, this is a friendly space

Thank you, kind SA person.

It all started in the mists of game development time, 2012.
I was eagerly looking for a new game to waste money on, when I heard a rumour of a possible comeback from Coding Guru - Christopher Roberts.
I think I may still have a poster of him, or perhaps he is in my Scrapbook titled,
"Coding Legends of the 80-90's- Where Are they Now?"

Anyhoo, I digress.

I eagerly jumped on to the Kickstarter site looking for said game, but hailing from a country other than the Unites States, was wary of said Kickstarter.
The whole setup looked a tad dodgy.

But word was afoot that CIG would be opening their own site, where donations could be donated for 'packages'.
Once that occurred, I jumped straight on to donating for a 'Freelancer' package, as a homage to the mind numbingly brilliant job that 'The King of Code - Chris Roberts'™ had performed on the game with the same name (until the wet blanket, Micro$oft, spoiled the party)

The rest, as they say, is history.

I have been eagerly watching the refactoring of Star Citizen ever since.
I still possess my package, as I really want that 8 Gig spaceship thumb drive.

I stumbled upon this forum of like minded optimists, after googling "Is Dyson OK for performing fellatio"
No idea what half of that meant, but I'm teaching myself Latin and it sounded like a fun combo.

Thanks for listening.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Did the lack of a gender-specific pronoun give me away? In closing, two weeks y'all. (Because Florida is in the south see.)

Sorry for the late reply. I've gotten behind on creating puppet accounts reading this thread.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Rugganovich posted:

I was eagerly looking for a new game to waste money on, when I heard a rumour of a possible comeback from Coding Guru - Christopher Roberts.
I think I may still have a poster of him, or perhaps he is in my Scrapbook titled,

Anyhoo, I digress.

I eagerly jumped on to the Kickstarter site looking for said game, but hailing from a country other than the Unites States, was wary of said Kickstarter.

But word was afoot that CIG would be opening their own site, where donations could be donated for 'packages'.
Once that occurred, I jumped straight on to donating for a 'Freelancer' package, as a homage to the mind numbingly brilliant job that 'The King of Code - Chris Roberts'™ had performed on the game with the same name (until the wet blanket, Micro$oft, spoiled the party)

I stumbled upon this forum of like minded optimists, after googling "Is Dyson OK for performing fellatio"
No idea what half of that meant, but I'm teaching myself Latin and it sounded like a fun combo.

Thanks for listening.

Make sure you memorize the Tome of the Fourth Stimporer, there is an exam. And Beet does so love his de-boneification rack.....

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

thatguy posted:

If I had to prove to an insane person that I'm not Derek Smart meeting them for coffee is pretty far down the list.

But it's worth it for the comedy option when it turns out the guy calling you Derek Smart is like 14 years old and can't come without parental supervision.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

If I had to prove to an insane person that I'm not Derek Smart meeting them for coffee is pretty far down the list.

Not if you're a Fed. Most of them carry a weapon you know.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Did the lack of a gender-specific pronoun give me away? In closing, two weeks y'all. (Because Florida is in the south see.)

Sorry for the late reply. I've gotten behind on creating puppet accounts reading this thread.

Florida is as much in the "south" as Star Citizen is a "game".

I feel the same about Virginia. It knows what it has done.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Rugganovich posted:

Anyhoo, I digress.

Thanks for listening.

Welcome back, Samizdata. Please don't doxx and kill my pets.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

The gift that keeps on giving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 9, 2017