Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Don't tell me you all forgot.

That was a great episode, go watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I don't think we forgot, you are just 13 hours early.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Poetic Justice posted:

I don't think we forgot, you are just 13 hours early.

Apparently it's already available from unscrupulous sources.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Measly Twerp posted:

Unscrupulous? What would Lucifer think?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

counterfeitsaint posted:

Unscrupulous? What would Lucifer think?

He would want everyone to know about them because gently caress authority figures, that's why.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
"Pardon my German but gently caress your rules entirely."

*proceeds to post links on all the social medias*

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Measly Twerp posted:

oh neat I waited and now I get to watch radar because there's a tornado warning somewhere :flipoff:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
YES WE GET TO HEAR LUCI SING AGAIN

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Shame Lucifer didn't sit down with the bass player, I bet he would've had a fun comment about her nipple clamp necklace :v:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Ah, Lucifer. Perfectly capable of manipulating everyone around him, still too dumb to figure out his own feelings.

grack fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 2, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, he knows his feelings, he just had no idea if Decker's are her own or part of the Plan and he's erring on the side of Plan.

I wonder if he actually married Candi, it would have been weird to have him spend a whole episode actively lying like that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
If god is omnipotent, isn't every pairing that has, or ever will, occur because of him?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

counterfeitsaint posted:

If god is omnipotent, isn't every pairing that has, or ever will, occur because of him?

sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I wonder if he actually married Candi, it would have been weird to have him spend a whole episode actively lying like that.

Yeah, isn't one of his things that he never tells a lie? I kind of want to do a full rewatch and see if it's all word games, lies of omission, and letting people draw the wrong conclusion.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

counterfeitsaint posted:

This is Lucifer's eventual conclusion in the comic series. Midway through he creates his own universe to rule over and do a better job than God only to realize that this, too, is part of God's plan because Lucifer is still God's creation. The series eventually ends the only way it could after this: God's successor grants Lucifer's final wish and releases him from all of Creation, symbolically releasing him from the author's creation too and thus ending the series.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

This is Lucifer's eventual conclusion in the comic series. Midway through he creates his own universe to rule over and do a better job than God only to realize that this, too, is part of God's plan because Lucifer is still God's creation. The series eventually ends the only way it could after this: God's successor grants Lucifer's final wish and releases him from all of Creation, symbolically releasing him from the author's creation too and thus ending the series.

Only to bring the book back "ruining" a great ending

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Medullah posted:

Only to bring the book back "ruining" a great ending

Not if you consider that bad fanfiction...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Yeah, isn't one of his things that he never tells a lie? I kind of want to do a full rewatch and see if it's all word games, lies of omission, and letting people draw the wrong conclusion.

He referred to her as his bride, so likely they actually did get married for the ruse

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'd like to interrupt book / theological philosophy chat for a minute to ask if "Crime-solving devil / It makes sense~ / Don't overthink it" will fit as the thread title.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I still love that this made it into the show after so long.

https://twitter.com/virtual_don/status/756965097314983937

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
^ No idea but we need to try it and see

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I still love that this made it into the show after so long.

https://twitter.com/virtual_don/status/756965097314983937

this is the best show :haw:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else notice the really big Supergirl billboard in the opening crime scene? That was weird.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

muscles like this! posted:

Anyone else notice the really big Supergirl billboard in the opening crime scene? That was weird.

Yeah, I saw that right away. Seemed weird to have an ad for another network's show unless someone just messed up and didn't edit out a real billboard

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Azhais posted:

Yeah, I saw that right away. Seemed weird to have an ad for another network's show unless someone just messed up and didn't edit out a real billboard

Wouldn't have been a "real" billboard, but probably something they used before and didn't edit the code to have a different show on it. Though who knows, Networks are no longer competing against each other, they SHOULD be banding together to fight streaming. :)

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Azhais posted:

He referred to her as his bride, so likely they actually did get married for the ruse

If you divorce the Devil do you get half of Hell?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

grack posted:

If you divorce the Devil do you get half of Hell?

Knowing Lucifer, he'd gladly give you all of it and start laughing on his way out.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

They're both WB distributed shows, I'm guessing that would explain it. It certainly did jar me for a moment when I saw it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I guess this is airing one day early in Canada now or something? It was available last night on my [REDACTED] fully legitimate streaming services.

Really good episode, one of the best in awhile. I'll just leave it at that for now.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Knowing Lucifer, he'd gladly give you all of it and start laughing on his way out.

How fun would it be if that was exactly his plan in the show?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If he ever goes back to give it away *again*, that happened and is the reason Lux even exists.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Aww, Chloe and Maze make the cutest couple.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Had a good chortle at that "triple Decker" joke.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
"I'm gonna adopt a dozen puppies and let them sleep in your room."

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Loving "A foursome isn't an emotion, mum!" myself.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
OHSHIITTT is this the reaper with the missing sword? Azrael or whateverhernameis?

Edit: HAAAAA you know Maze has wanted to do that for a while

Awww, Luci!

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 9, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
The writing of these last two episodes doesn't seem as good to me compared to last season. Did they get different writers or something? Am I the only one?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Poetic Justice posted:

The writing of these last two episodes doesn't seem as good to me compared to last season. Did they get different writers or something? Am I the only one?

Probably if they didn't lock them down for the extended season.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It's still hilarious that the mystical flaming sword is a modest dagger.

Edit: OMG have you all seen the promo for next episode? I'm thrilled to have Timothy Omundson on my TV again. If we don't get a duet with him and lucifer I'm going to be very upset.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I'm guessing there is going to be a whole lot of crazy next week.

• Locked thread