Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Wonder what his SA forum name is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Well friend, let me tell you about Costco's return policy

EDIT:

Fresh adventure begins today!!!!:

Sup Atlanta buddy, I shop either there or at the Town Lake one, Cumberland's farther but bigger and has more poo poo.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Well friend, let me tell you about Costco's return policy

EDIT:

Fresh adventure begins today!!!!:

:wth:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

That anime character on the TV looks just like how I feel about anime. :frogout: of my Costco.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I have to go to IKEA today and it makes me sick knowing the absolute lovely dog that awaits me.

Just don't get one. They're proof that the Scandinavians have never forgiven the world for the Second World War.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Has anyone used the Costco Autos program? I'm in the market for a used Honda Odyssey and wonder if it would be a good deal to go through Costco.

naem
May 29, 2011

IKEA is great when you're just starting out in life and you need a chair/desk/shelving/bed frame combo and your budget is $237.42

7 years later that bright red minimalist chair and the shelf/desk/sock drawer are sitting in the corner of your apt looking a bit shabbier and it's like, perfectly good why get rid of it, you've had three long term girlfriends do their grad thesis while sitting at it, before having the same angry breakup, and your current attempt at a girlfriend is painting her toenails and some got on the desk, right next to that other spot where another girl painted her toes there, you're like, am I ever going to get married?? Should I buy a new desk? Do they still make the Fflüûrrghn'D'rùūndle??

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

anonumos posted:

Has anyone used the Costco Autos program? I'm in the market for a used Honda Odyssey and wonder if it would be a good deal to go through Costco.

If you're not into the whole negotiating thing it's good since Costco does that for you.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

naem posted:

IKEA is great when you're just starting out in life and you need a chair/desk/shelving/bed frame combo and your budget is $237.42

7 years later that bright red minimalist chair and the shelf/desk/sock drawer are sitting in the corner of your apt looking a bit shabbier and it's like, perfectly good why get rid of it, you've had three long term girlfriends do their grad thesis while sitting at it, before having the same angry breakup, and your current attempt at a girlfriend is painting her toenails and some got on the desk, right next to that other spot where another girl painted her toes there, you're like, am I ever going to get married?? Should I buy a new desk? Do they still make the Fflüûrrghn'D'rùūndle??

You've got a type, and you should consider branching out quickly because you're not getting younger.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

naem posted:

Their bookshelves are perfect for vinyl collectors. And you can pick them right out of the warehouse without having to walk around the store.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet IKEA dogs are made from turkey and pork

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

the good fax machine posted:

I bet IKEA dogs are made from turkey and pork

I'm pretty sure you'll find they are actually horse meat.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

anonumos posted:

Never used it myself, but many co-workers have. Nothing but good stories.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I haven't been to Ikea in years but that place really was great when I was dirt poor. So like, 10 years or so. They are always far away from me though so I've only been to maybe 2 of them a couple of times.

I just had that veggie bowl and am a fan. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
This loving thread. It is just myself and my four year old daughter, but the ease of which i could buy some Robert Irvine fit crunch bar and this thread sent me on my way and now I am a bottom tier executive member. I bought 400 nitrile gloves and 36 bars. Feels good.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

This thread inspired me to ditch hot dogs with only ketchup and to instead try one with mustard, relish, and loaded with them onions. It changed my life

Also - 15 bottles of pure leaf unsweetened tea for 10.99. They go for 1.99 individually in stores so to me its worth 30.00. A deal good enough to slam yo mama for

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Does anyone's Co' still have Chamelon cold brew in the 64oz boxes? It seems to have vanished from all the Houston stores. It was a significantly better deal (like $16 for 64oz) vs $1/oz for the 10oz bottles at HEB.

We had some today in Austin but it was low. I can check tomorrow if we're still carrying it, it sold way better than that bottled coffee we had.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
8pm Monday evening Costco run!

Got normandy blend veggies (as usual), rotisserie chicken, bottle of IPA (Lat 33 BLOOD orange), salami, jalapeno stuffed olives, huge pallet of diet coke, frozen bibimbap bowls and, BITCHIN' SAUCE(!!!)

$70bux

Thanks Costco!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I picked up an enormous bag of veggie potstickers and enormous bag of normandy veggies and two 2+ lb things of protein powder. And my cash went to wages for my community members.

I'm a gabafool in love with Costco

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Does Costco carry Teriyaki Sauce? I found plenty of soy sauce, and some Mr Yoshidas marinade (which seemed like a thicc bbq/teriyaki hybrid), but nothing else. I had to make it a brief 'scto trip but I think I went up and down all the aisles.

I want to buy following things:

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
just about as retarded as you'd think

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

This thread inspired me to ditch hot dogs with only ketchup and to instead try one with mustard, relish, and loaded with them onions. It changed my life

ok now top it w kraut and crushed pepper

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Just had this today at Costco:

Got the turkey provolone sandwich to go for later, I've never tried one.

Next time I'll try a chicken bake, never had one of those either.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
The gigantic fuckoff tub of Utz cheese balls is the bane of my existence :negative:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like their relish is too sweet, onions + mustard is choice tho.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like their relish is too sweet, onions + mustard is choice tho.

my only real weird food quirk is that i hate sweet relish

EXCEPT for dogs. something about the sweet relish and bitter onion or kraut, plus that tart vinegary mustard

:discourse:

ALL FOR ONLY ONE DOLLAR FIFTY PLUS SODA WITH REFILL!!!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
You do you boo, food is all about what you enjoy I was just saying personally I don't like it on my dogs for the same reason I'm not a fan of ketchup, it's just too sweet. I'd totally be down for a pickle grinder by the onion one tho.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

anonumos posted:

I used it in February 2015 to get a new Honda Fit. One of the best decisions I ever made, going through Costco. They sent me to a dealership where I was expected and treated well, and the only haggling involved at all was over the trade-in value for my old car. I ended up getting exactly what I expected and hoped they would offer me for it, so it was a fantastic experience overall. Love the Fit, too.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Eatin a lil rotisserie leg with some morning Kirkland(STARBUCKS!!!!) coffee. Sad I won't be at Costco today but grateful for the tidings I've been left with until I next set foot in the house of dog. PBUC

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Meydey posted:

FYI It's all Kimberley-Clark

On the West Coast, at least, Kirkland is all made by Georgia-Pacific.

Source: I used to haul it from the paper mills in Halsey, Oregon all the way to San Diego, Winnipeg, Grand Prairie(B.C.) and all points in between.

Delivering freight to Costco is almost as nice as buying poo poo there - unlike 90% of receivers, their unloading people and managers are competent, quick and personable. I could deliver paper products to three Costcos in one city in like three hours. Only downside is that they get all their deliveries before the stores open, so you can't pop inside and grab a dog.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
They have BBQ brisket sandwiches at our Costco. They are pretty drat good but they're like 5 bucks. Hard to take that plunge when the cheaper hog dogs, italian sausages, and chicken bakes are right THERE man.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

thinkin about grabbing the special series 805 roomba. only available at costco.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Can I get a trip report on the hot turkey and provolone sandwich? Much like the above poster with the brisket, its hard to take the plunge when theres a fresh hot chicken bake RIGHT THERE

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
You can get a better deal than the car buying program but if you're interest in an in demand vehicle that dealers won't mark down, it's a pro choice. I mean some might find it worth it to save the hassle anyway

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Does Costco carry Teriyaki Sauce? I found plenty of soy sauce, and some Mr Yoshidas marinade (which seemed like a thicc bbq/teriyaki hybrid), but nothing else. I had to make it a brief 'scto trip but I think I went up and down all the aisles.

Yes, but only in the 5 gallon pail. It's one aisle over from the 25 lb bag of rice.

choprite
Sep 29, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

Can I get a trip report on the hot turkey and provolone sandwich? Much like the above poster with the brisket, its hard to take the plunge when theres a fresh hot chicken bake RIGHT THERE

rest assured, both it and the brisket are terrible

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's not very assuring at all :(

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

binge crotching posted:

Yes, but only in the 5 gallon pail. It's one aisle over from the 25 lb bag of rice.

Trolls NOT needed here!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Back in college, I once bought that huge tub of que bueno nacho cheese sauce. Simultaneously the worst and best purchase I've ever done at costco.

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
costco food court lifehack: buy a rotisserie chicken and a loaf of bread and then order a polish and soda. eat all of that right there and wash it down with endless pepsi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

binge crotching posted:

The funny part is that most people's impressions of Costco are stuck in the late 90's, when massive bulk buckets of goods were most of what they sold. In modern times they usually sell bulk by bundling multiple packages that you could buy from the regular grocery store, and a large amount of their inventory isn't sold in bulk.

If you want the true old school Costco experience, go visit a Business Costco.