Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice

choprite posted:

costco food court lifehack: buy a rotisserie chicken and a loaf of bread and then order a polish and soda. eat all of that right there and wash it down with endless pepsi

are you 300 pounds

that's an open question for the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

choprite posted:

costco food court lifehack: buy a rotisserie chicken and a loaf of bread and then order a polish and soda. eat all of that right there and wash it down with endless pepsi

I feel like this is less of a lifehack and more "things to aspire to"

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

That's just Medieval Times Experience (tm)

Why not throw a free pack of those comfy tees out and watch a fight for them if we're being medieval

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Super Waffle posted:

Can I get a trip report on the hot turkey and provolone sandwich? Much like the above poster with the brisket, its hard to take the plunge when theres a fresh hot chicken bake RIGHT THERE

Had the hot turkey and provolone for the first time last night and I thought it was quite tasty. I'd already eaten a dog for lunch, so I heated up the turkey sandwich in the microwave later. It probably would have been even better had I eaten it right away, when the bread was the crispiest.

Haven't had the chicken bake yet though, so no way for me to compare.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Kassoon posted:

are you 300 pounds

that's an open question for the thread

I was going to ask the same thing but hey man, can't Costco shame.

Also since the question was asked, I am not 300lbs. Thanks to the weightloss forum in YLLS (everyone go there if you are interested), I'm down over 20lbs since January. 5' 11" 187lbs. :boom: Although I have to attribute a lot of that to the past few weeks since I stopped drinking, and eating for that matter. I'm getting my appetite back now though so I can fit more dogs in my gut.

Those veggie bowls were really good. Also Costco is the perfect place for getting bulk chicken breast and fish and lots of frozen veggies.

Costco wants us to be happy and healthy!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Big City Drinkin posted:

Does he have PTSD?

Personally, I can tell you from eating hot dogs, that he does

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Oscar Wild posted:

Protip: bring your own jars and walk out with massive amounts of hotdog fixings. They charge you for the 'dog, not the fixings.

Lmfao I'm picturing some goony fucker sitting at the hot dog stand in a Costco frantically filling mason jars with hot dog toppings

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This should be our Costco mascot. :burgerpug:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This should be our Costco mascot. :burgerpug:

Dog too small

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

This is true. Someone get the original pic and shop in a 1/4lb All Beef Hot Dog PLUS 20oz Soda (With Refill).

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i'm going to the bx!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Wanna take a moment and just contemplate on how fuckin epic the Normandy Veggie Mix is because god drat... its epic.

naem
May 29, 2011

Ive never been as happy as this guy is about that dog

naem
May 29, 2011

Although it looks like he's about to put the dog and drink in his mouth at once like just, stuff them in there just mush em up in there

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Wanna take a moment and just contemplate on how fuckin epic the Normandy Veggie Mix is because god drat... its epic.

i put a lil parm and hot sauce on it with my rotisserie chicken :discourse:

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Brothers and Sisters,

It has been seven years since I was a member of Costco, and reading this thread continuously has reawakened the spirit of Costco in my heart. Today, I took part in the sacraments, and renewed my membership (they still had me on file, so it wasn't a new membership). I went up and down all of the aisles, reminded of those items I had seen so many times over the years, yet had not seen in person in so many years. I shopped and stockpiled on a few supplies, including the frozen Jamaican Beef Patties I had for a late lunch. It's been so long, yet it was like coming back home.

I finished my shopping trip as one should when in the Holy Land:

The peace of The 'Stco be with you all.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Pro onion distribution, nice mustard application even though it globbed on there at the end a bit there, a little extra 'stard never hurt a man.

Welcome to the executive club my friend

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Tato posted:

Pro onion distribution, nice mustard application even though it globbed on there at the end a bit there, a little extra 'stard never hurt a man.

Thanks; that was the mustard pump's initial ejaculation of mustard -- I must have been the first person to use it today.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Count Freebasie posted:

Brothers and Sisters,

It has been seven years since I was a member of Costco, and reading this thread continuously has reawakened the spirit of Costco in my heart. Today, I took part in the sacraments, and renewed my membership (they still had me on file, so it wasn't a new membership). I went up and down all of the aisles, reminded of those items I had seen so many times over the years, yet had not seen in person in so many years. I shopped and stockpiled on a few supplies, including the frozen Jamaican Beef Patties I had for a late lunch. It's been so long, yet it was like coming back home.

I finished my shopping trip as one should when in the Holy Land:

The peace of The 'Stco be with you all.

Praise be unto Costco

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tato posted:

I agree. That's quite the hot dog condiment skill.

Also, welcome back to the Costco. Did they baptize you right there or since you were a previous member did they let you just jump ahead to the hot dog communion?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I prefer to add my mustard lines on either side of the dog.

God drat, I want one now.

I read recently that you'd have to spend $2,750 per year to break even with an Executive membership (I upgraded a few months ago). That translates into roughly 1,833 dog n' drink combos.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I agree. That's quite the hot dog condiment skill.

Also, welcome back to the Costco. Did they baptize you right there or since you were a previous member did they let you just jump ahead to the hot dog communion?

The lady at customer service still had me on record. I had to give her all of my updated info; address, phone, etc., and she asked me if I wanted to renew the Executive Membership I had before. She reinstated it, I got my picture taken, grabbed a cart and then got my stroll on.

Seriously, I haven't been a member for years, but it seemed like I was just shopping there only yesterday. The uniformity and consistency (even the Costco smell) are pretty amazing between both locations and the difference in time.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Sometimes I like to put the red pepper flake and parmesan packets usually meant for the pizza on my hot dog. Tasty!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just sliced up my brisket from Costco and put it in the marinade for a lovely overnight bath.

I just started throwing poo poo in there. It was a fine cut of meat and the perfect size for jerky. Of course it is, it's from Costco. I just cut the fat cap off and got as much as I could out of there. Then I took a ziploc bag and dumped in soy sauce, teriyaki, worcestershire, liquid smoke. apple cider vinegar, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne powder, ground black pepper, red pepper, and brown sugar to hopefully cut the immense amount of salt.

Tomorrow I'm going to throw those bitches on a dehydrator that I just found in my basement that is 10+ years old and let it work it's magic.

This was all on a whim too. I was at Costco, saw some good meat, quickly googled a good type of meat for jerky and bam. I bought it. 2.55lbs for $17. I hope this works out.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I was walking down the beach one day and I looked back and on occasion I only saw one set of footprints. I asked Costco why there were only one set of footprints andand Costco said it was then that I offered you a quarter lb hot dog and soda[free refills]

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

rezatahs posted:

i'm going to the bx!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I was walking down the beach one day and I looked back and on occasion I only saw one set of footprints. I asked Costco why there were only one set of footprints andand Costco said it was then that I offered you a quarter lb hot dog and soda[free refills]

I cry every time

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Just sliced up my brisket from Costco and put it in the marinade for a lovely overnight bath.

I just started throwing poo poo in there. It was a fine cut of meat and the perfect size for jerky. Of course it is, it's from Costco. I just cut the fat cap off and got as much as I could out of there. Then I took a ziploc bag and dumped in soy sauce, teriyaki, worcestershire, liquid smoke. apple cider vinegar, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne powder, ground black pepper, red pepper, and brown sugar to hopefully cut the immense amount of salt.

Tomorrow I'm going to throw those bitches on a dehydrator that I just found in my basement that is 10+ years old and let it work it's magic.

This was all on a whim too. I was at Costco, saw some good meat, quickly googled a good type of meat for jerky and bam. I bought it. 2.55lbs for $17. I hope this works out.

I'd never thought about making my own jerky from the brisket.

Maybe I need a dehydrator.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

All of the $2.99/lb prepackaged chicken breasts were covered in chicken juice.

Anyone compare these to the already frozen ones? I just freeze these anyway.

Cyborganizer
Mar 10, 2004
My local Costco was robbed at closing time just the other day. Three suspects came in with ski masks to do a smash and grab on the glass jewelry display. The noble Costco employees responded by tackling one of the suspects and detaining him until police came. Would a Sam's Club employee do the same?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'd never thought about making my own jerky from the brisket.

Maybe I need a dehydrator.

I've probably made jerky once before on my own and I don't remember what kind of meat I used. Probably a bad cut. I chose the brisket just because I saw it and it looked perfect for jerky slices. That's when I googled it and it said it was one of the best for jerky along side flank steak and top round. As soon as I build up the motivation I'm going to get off of my couch and wash the dehydrator and throw those babies on.

Cyborganizer posted:

My local Costco was robbed at closing time just the other day. Three suspects came in with ski masks to do a smash and grab on the glass jewelry display. The noble Costco employees responded by tackling one of the suspects and detaining him until police came. Would a Sam's Club employee do the same?

:allears:

Sam's Club employees don't get paid enough to give a poo poo about anything.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Cyborganizer posted:

Employees love and respect Costco so much they would take a bullet for the very institution. I'm moved to tears and thinking about some big dogs and refills!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
If Sam's Club's policies are like Wal-mart's, they would probably get fired immediately. I've seen a number of articles of people getting fired from Wal-mart for physically intervening with a shoplifter.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmRZiDRt8ww

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Cyborganizer posted:

Sorry, but the Costco employee should not have done this. He or she is part of the Costco family and put themselves at great risk to tackle a guy, they could have been killed. The merchandise is insured and even if it wasn't, the amazing financial acumen of Costco would allow them to easily absorb the loss. But the Costco employee? Irreplaceable. If they had been killed, no amount of 1.50 hot dogs or tub-sized Queso containers could fill that void. Costco values its employees, it pays them well and treats them nice. This employee should treat themselves better too.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

The employee loved something worth protecting, worth loving. Worth dying for? Perhaps. Who can make the judgement? God bless I say, god bless.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Maybe. I guess none of us ever know how we'd react when put into a situation with great danger and a need to protect something valuable. Like if beloved Costco CEO W. Craig Jelinek told me I had to kill a man for him or the hot dog/fountain drink combo would increase to 1.75....it's hard to know what I'd do in the heat of the moment.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My house smells amazing right now.

Makes me want a hot dog right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Just coming in to say I took a stroll down to the Costco by my work on my lunch break, only a short 4 block walk. Picked up a 1.5lb bag of organic baby kale, chard and spinach for $2.50. It boggles my mind that it's that cheap

So close to Costco every day, truly blessed