Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
normally i make a seperate thread for it but oilers are actually in the playoffs this year so :effort:

go the finland jesse puljujarvis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

T-Bone posted:

Do we want to do a World Championship thread? Anyway for some reason good players went for the US this year, despite the Olympics not being a thing. Eichel and Gaudreau are there and a bunch of other guys like Hellebuyck, Trouba, McAvoy, Larkin, Keller, Lee, Nelson etc. It looks like the best US WC team in years.

Canada has got Scheifele, ROR, Giroux, Marner, MacKinnon, Wayne Train, Skinner, Couturier, to name a few. Their D looks like a fun one for international ice with a possible top four of Vlasic, Demers, Barrie, Morrissey.

Sweden has a ton of NHLers as well: Klingberg, Stralman, Lindholm, OEL, Nylander, Joel Eriksson Ek, Hedman, Landeskog, etc -- probably the most NHLers they've ever had at the WC.

More threads are always good.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Hand Knit posted:

More threads are always good.

I'll throw one up tomorrow.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The 2002 born kids are being drafted into the WHL right now so we're getting some real gems from the early days of the unique name movement.

Can't wait until a guy with no vowels in his first name scores a goal in the NHL. KRZ sounds like an airport code.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

The 2002 born kids are being drafted into the WHL right now so we're getting some real gems from the early days of the white name movement.

There we go

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
germany beat usa in regulation :laffo:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
It was a good day for Canada and therefore the World Hockey Championship.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

fits posted:

germany beat usa in regulation :laffo:

Stretch Marx posted:

It was a good day for Canada and therefore the World Hockey Championship.

World Championship thread is this way, my friends.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

ThinkTank posted:

The 2002 born kids are being drafted into the WHL right now so we're getting some real gems from the early days of the unique name movement.

Can't wait until a guy with no vowels in his first name scores a goal in the NHL. KRZ sounds like an airport code.

Mac Gross should drive an 18 wheeler.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
SJ wins the first game of the Q Championship with a score of 6 - 3. Shots were 28 - 27.

Good start, boys. Let's see if Seattle can start an upset.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Ethan Bear opens up the scoring with a slap shot from the top of the left circle: 1-0 :hawksin:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Seattle gets game one in overtime which is cool and good.

Here are the highlights from the Q game.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
SJ spanks BLB with a 4 - 0 win where they scored two goals 17 seconds apart.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye kill Kalamazoo 5-0 and advance to the ECHL conference finals :coolfish:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Saint John is one win away! Dove-McFalls scores the only goals of the game as SJ wins 2 - 0. Booth has back-to-back shut outs.

Holy Balls

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Colorado eliminates defending champion Allen Americans. ECHL conference finals are as follows, but in weird rear end formats, both best-of-7:

East: Manchester Monarchs vs. South Carolina Stingrays. 1st 3 games are in SC, last 4 are in Manchester.

West: Toledo Walleye vs. Colorado Eagles, 2-3-2 format with the first 2 games in Toledo.

:confused:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren::siren::siren:SJ are the QMJHL Champions with a 5 - 1 win! :siren::siren::siren:

Saint John only lost two games in the entire QMJHL playoffs and swept 3 of their series. I really think they're the most stacked team in the CHL right now.

:unsmith:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

DJExile posted:

Colorado eliminates defending champion Allen Americans. ECHL conference finals are as follows, but in weird rear end formats, both best-of-7:

East: Manchester Monarchs vs. South Carolina Stingrays. 1st 3 games are in SC, last 4 are in Manchester.

West: Toledo Walleye vs. Colorado Eagles, 2-3-2 format with the first 2 games in Toledo.

:confused:

What. :psyduck:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

it's probably to save on travel costs: i know a couple players for Janesville in the NAHL, and their division final was against Fairbanks, which necessitated a weird schedule depending on the series results after 2 games (they won the series 3-1). but that's more because of flights up from the lower 48 and all those sorts of logistics.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

lots of leagues can't afford the 2-2-1-1-1 structure you see in the NHL

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah WHL does 2-3-2 for the finals out here cause of :homebrew:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah i'm not surprised they go to unique formats but it's odd to see them run two different ones, and I've never heard of 3-4.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The AHL realigned (again), but no major changes from what I can tell.

Also, they switched around the formatting of the regular season. From what I can see from the Monsters' format, they aren't playing teams 12 times anymore, and get to face the California teams now. However, they are going old-school MLB style and not playing any games outside of their conference.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hockles posted:

The AHL realigned (again), but no major changes from what I can tell.

Also, they switched around the formatting of the regular season. From what I can see from the Monsters' format, they aren't playing teams 12 times anymore, and get to face the California teams now. However, they are going old-school MLB style and not playing any games outside of their conference.

That's odd, since Milwaukee will play Hershey and Wilkes-Barre next year, and we rarely get to play Eastern Conference teams

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Are Binghamton and Belleville new teams or just reworking logos?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DJExile posted:

Are Binghamton and Belleville new teams or just reworking logos?

Relocations. The Sens moved their farm team from Binghamton to Belleville (which is closer to Ottawa) and the Devils moved their team from Albany to Binghamton because it's a better hockey market.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aaah

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm not quite sure how Belleville will work as Yardman Arena has international sized ice.

e: NM they're doing an arena upgrade that will make it NHL sized

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Speaking of new teams, Laval's uniforms somehow look boring and horrible.

Those sleeves. :barf:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hoo boy :stare:

What's the shield thing right at the elbow?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Stretch Marx posted:

:siren::siren::siren:SJ are the QMJHL Champions with a 5 - 1 win! :siren::siren::siren:

Saint John only lost two games in the entire QMJHL playoffs and swept 3 of their series. I really think they're the most stacked team in the CHL right now.

:unsmith:

May I ask what you think of Jakub Zboril please? I don't watch junior at all and I usually just rely on what Bruins blogs say about him for scouting reports, and they're usually pretty brief blurbs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Go The Toledo Walleye, bithc

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Infidel Castro posted:

That's odd, since Milwaukee will play Hershey and Wilkes-Barre next year, and we rarely get to play Eastern Conference teams

Oh, I didn't delve deeper into the format. I just looked at the Monsters and thought it was the same for every team.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

DJExile posted:

Hoo boy :stare:

What's the shield thing right at the elbow?

It's says

L E
R O C
K E T

In case you forget the team name, I guess.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

May I ask what you think of Jakub Zboril please? I don't watch junior at all and I usually just rely on what Bruins blogs say about him for scouting reports, and they're usually pretty brief blurbs.

Same but with Simon Bourque.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i guess nobody in laval will have a 9 in their number this year huh

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Zboril is real good. He plays mostly with Chabot so his play might be inflated because of it, but from what I've seen he's another prototypical puck-moving defenceman. He's a cannon who can actually hit the net as well. Defensively, again, he might be being floated a bit by Chabot but the two of them are really good at taking the man without taking penalties. That was something I really noticed from the games I watched; both of them can tie up two or three forwards with just stick work. They poke check everyone and very quickly get to a forward. I don't think he's a number one defenceman but he's definitely in the top two pairings guaranteed.

yellowcar posted:

Same but with Simon Bourque.

Bourque isn't on Chabot/Zboril's level but he's still another good puck mover. He likes to pinch and is one of the better defencemen at doing so. Defensively he's average. Kind of reminds me of Gardiner in that he can skate around people and wire a shot but might make a mental mistake every so often. But that's mostly because he's so aggressive on the fore check. Bourque likes to run over other defencemen.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye with 2 goals in a minute to go up 3-1

Walleye, bithc

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Welp, I'm off to the very last time I'll see Barzal, Bear, True, Eansor, Gropp and Kolesar play together here in Seattle kent

:sigh:

Go tbirds

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

WALLEYE TAKE GAME 1 :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
After falling behind 0-2 early in the first period, the tbirds rally back to, again, kick the poo poo out of Regina 7-4 and it wasn't really that close after they caught up.

The final ENG was easily from like 4/5ths the entire ice surface away.

:toot::woop: hope they take the final game on Sunday! Regina looked beat & deflated as hell in the 3rd period.

• Locked thread