Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I've only got a Venom 2, but holy poo poo it's as fun as I was hoping. You can bounce shells around the corners and behind cover once you get used to the arc and bounce.

Stick it on a soldier, abuse turbocharge, and you can literally shell the poo poo out of entire waves from across maps as they spawn. Or fill any indoor area with a shitload of explosions. :allears: Extraction is hilarious.

Pure comedy on bronze, the RoF makes it a bit iffier on silver, and I imagine it would need to be maxed to be as helpful on gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
So funny story:

I have a power cell specced human soldier that has absurd burst damage when you can spam 5 frag grenades and 6 concussive shots in 10 seconds. Last night I threw a frag grenade at an enemy Pariah with her Backlash up, thinking it'd just wipe her out. It actually bounced off her shield, turning it into a double damage enemy frag grenade that immediately downed my two melee specced teammates.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Digirat posted:

Looks like there's a new assault rifle the "X5 ghost." It looks like an avenger with massive mag size and it gets more accurate the longer the trigger is held down.

Nice, the gun that everyone's carrying in cutscenes is finally available to actually use in the game now

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm kind of speechless. We were all talking about needing 50-100% buffs to guns, and that's what they went and did.
I expected the Vanquisher nerf, but to only drop it 10% shows that they're actually listening.

What the hell?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Two Finger posted:

I'm kind of speechless. We were all talking about needing 50-100% buffs to guns, and that's what they went and did.
I expected the Vanquisher nerf, but to only drop it 10% shows that they're actually listening.

What the hell?

Thumbs removed from assess perhaps?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Two Finger posted:

What the hell?

They ran out of drugs?

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Even the assault turret is mowing down raiders :lol:

I guess they thought just give us what we want and we'll actually play it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well poo poo I deleted the game yesterday to make space for nier.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There's three new equipment items that will probably be rolled out weekly like the others:

Enhanced Munitions: Increased combat power damage
Revive Pack Transmitter: Using a revive will also revive nearby downed teammates
Shield Enhancer: Raises maximum shields

Revive is gold, other two are silver

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Goddamn that incinerate buff is good. My double incinerate specced Turian Havoc, she strong now. I might try respeccing my Architect to double Incinerate w/ duration plus missile Remnant VI.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Houdini posted:

Even the assault turret is mowing down raiders :lol:

I guess they thought just give us what we want and we'll actually play it.

The Diablo 3 method

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Oh man, buffed Soned means my gimmick Accuracy Turian Soldier is going to be fun af. I did an APEX mission with buffed rifles before the patch and could mow down enemies while slowly walking at them like a loving Terminator.

Now I can do it in regular missions with even more headshots!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This game is slowly killing Bioware:

http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-1795100285

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

You can buy stuff through the app now, too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Zigmidge posted:

2+ asari teams are going to make a joke of Kett matches now, hell they already were. Those shield debuffs didn't need to happen.

Everything else sounds great.

Yeah we kept the entire extraction level of a gold kett nearly clear most of the time. poo poo dies so fast it feels like bronze.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Unlocked the Salarian Architect tonight. One point in incinerate still hits like a truck on bronze .

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm glad of it

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Just found a bug where everything is shrouded in darkness.
Finished an apex mission and in the lobby it looks like someone turned the lights off

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo, they literally doubled, tripled and in one case quintupled the damage of some things. :stare:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

precision posted:

Holy poo poo, they literally doubled, tripled and in one case quintupled the damage of some things. :stare:

Yep. And lowered a lot of enemy health.

But if you didn't like it before you just needed to git gud, scrub. Now this game has been ruined by FILTHY CASUALS.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I, for one, applaud Bioware for bringing the multi to the level it should've been at day one after they cancelled their multiplayer beta.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
My adept is happy.
Now to respec singularity into combo damage instead of expose...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The thing I'm most shocked about is the change to Assault Turret. Having the cooldown start when you deploy it, so that you can re-deploy quickly, is great. But it's still weird since they never bothered making Combat Drone good in ME3.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Error 404 posted:

My adept is happy.
Now to respec singularity into combo damage instead of expose...
Expose is still pretty great imo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nova

Increased base damage from 400 to 420

This feels more like a joke than a necessary change :j:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Poor avenger...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ainsley McTree posted:

Poor avenger...

I disagree. The Avenger is not meant to be more than a fallback.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

Nova

It's base damage though. You're doing an extra 20+ whatever dmg modifiers you have to each enemy in its radius.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

precision posted:

Nova

You can get 155% power bonus damage from passives, plus another 75% vs shields or armor, which changes it from 1020 damage to 1071, or 1320 to 1386.

Not really noticeable, but maybe it changes Raiders from having a sliver of health after charge+nova? Or one shots wraiths after their health nerf?

Or they were running the vanguard numbers on 4/20.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It was just a weed joke guys :j:

I wonder why they gave Barricade an extra 1 second? Was anyone even asking for changes to Barricade? They could post "Barricade: Now fires Explosive Blades every 2s" and I'd still have to think about whether I want more than 1 point in it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Flipswitch posted:

Expose is still pretty great imo.

It is, I was specced for expose to help the team because combos did fuckall.
E: and the buffs to weapon damage across the board will likely more than make up for the expose damage my team had in the >1 second I had singularity up to detonate something before I exploded it.

But now, im gonna bring the boom.

Kandros [Comms]: Teammate flatlined!

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 10, 2017

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

It was just a weed joke guys :j:

I wonder why they gave Barricade an extra 1 second? Was anyone even asking for changes to Barricade? They could post "Barricade: Now fires Explosive Blades every 2s" and I'd still have to think about whether I want more than 1 point in it.

My bad on the :420: joke.

Barricade always kinda felt short on deploy time, it's a good reliable power and helps in a lot of tough situations since Bioware made the Team-Hack/3-Point Upload locations have minimal cover.

More importantly, Ruzad does double the damage now! Time to gently caress poo poo up in the face!

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
I just played a game of 4 krogan engineers and it was amazing, just an 11-minute fireworks show. New combo-tastic glass cannon asari adept is going to take some getting used to. I probably won't be playing her unless I feel like putting in the time to host my own games, because boy howdy does a tiny bit of lag gently caress you now - being caught between cover at the wrong second in front of a hydra is now a death sentence for her, but setting off a biotic combo with warp will kill a gold raider DEAD in ONE loving SHOT. YES. Having so many combos go off in your face is kind of blinding since people are bothering to set them off now, though.

The silver shotgun skirmish is loving hilarious with a soldier now too, took a katana because why not, and ruzad X and that was great. I aimed at a raider's head across a room and enough pellets hit to kill him; loving fabulous!

edit: kett still the worst, but being able to actually strip their shields with one overload and the fiend not being a guaranteed death because he thought about you while he was in an adjacent loving area code go a looong way to improving them. Improving interactions between cobra missiles and the ascendant's dumb face was also a nice boost.

edit 2: double xp boosters are still a thing

vvv ushior with extended mag has 3(or more for a soldier) shots and is boss as gently caress now. The Valkyrie is also in a much better place. Haven't tried the Dhan's enhanced weakpoint damage yet

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 10, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have a Ruzad 8 or 9 that I thought was "almost pretty good" before, I'm surprised it got such a huge buff. Definitely gonna actually try and get some of those weapon nameplates now!

Ushior with double damage and 2 shots per clip is surely a very good option for Infiltrators?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How much better is the lag?

Also did they buff everything because this is the last patch we'll get?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Rocketpriest posted:

edit: kett still the worst

That didn't take long.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Were level 4 ammo things around before the path? I've had two today and never got one before

Also unlocked the Turian Havoc which I've wanted since first playing with the jet pack. It's a bit weird she doesn't have a lot of weight capacity to carry two decent guns though.

Oh and HOLY poo poo TRY THE KATANA!!!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Zigmidge posted:

That didn't take long.

Yeah I don't get it. The only thing that seems annoying now is if you get caught out in the open and don't react to an Annoited. But aside from that everything just MELTS and dies in seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I was in a few gold games (never bothered with gold before today) and we were all biotic/sentinels. After two games against Outlaws, the host switched to Kett and all three of us left straight away. :v:

They're still pretty tough on bronze with low level characters. They die a lot quicker but still hit harder than they should and the anointed really need something that stops them just walking in to you firing their miniguns and even jumping over cover to get you.

• Locked thread