Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"We really blew our candle budget for the year." -Vince Gilligan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Platystemon posted:

Yeah but in‐universe, it’s a massive weight gain.

As opposed to Gus, who apparently suffered a mid-life crisis and started doing spinning classes after 2003.

quote:

That's like 60kg in six years
7700 extra calories per kilo = about extra 211 calories every day for the first year double that on the next year triple on the year after that...
Two twinkies are 270 kcal
That's about 3422 extra twinkies he'd have to consume.

E: After adding his BMR into the calculation he'd have to eat about 4-5 extra twinkies a day to get this fat over 6 years

Maybe he ate one of those giant pizzas that Walt threw on the roof every day.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Show will end with the characters discovering The Fountain of Youth

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

SlipkPIe posted:

Show will end with the characters discovering The Fountain of Youth

To resurrect Walt and make Breaking Bad 2.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

some guy on the bus posted:

To resurrect Walt and make Breaking Bad 2.

Walt gets resurrected by the Fountain of Youth. "Jesse, we have to destroy the Fountain of Youth!"

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's pretty easy to gain weight when your career path goes from illegal oddjobs to sitting in the same chair in a waiting room all day

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nail Rat posted:

Maybe he ate one of those giant pizzas that Walt threw on the roof every day.

Welp if he had a whole roof 🍕 every day in addition to his required calories, he'd get there in less then a year.

E: Huell had found a way to burn his body fat to travel back in time, this time he'll be sure to grab Walt's cash barrels.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 10, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Insert dipping sticks reference here

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
It just occured to me that this is the first time Saul's secretary saw her boss being an utter bastard. She certainly looked pretty dour throughout the episode.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Mob posted:

It's pretty easy to gain weight when your career path goes from illegal handjobs to sitting in the same chair in a waiting room all day

Wait, wha- oooh, I read that totally wrong. :shobon:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't think he was that big of a bastard in this episode. No more than Chuck has been to him, anyway. What we saw was Jimmy being a skilled defense attorney, leading his opponent into a trap and discrediting his testimony. If he were up against anyone other than his brother, everyone would just be smitten with his skill.

And I don't think it's going to be anything to do with Chuck's insanity ruining the reputation of the McGill name that causes Jimmy to start operating as Saul. I think he still truly feels sorry for his brother, and he's going to change his name out of respect for him, so that the McGill name can go out with Charles when he gets forced into retirement from HHM. I don't think they'd go so far as to have him disbarred unless he truly loses his mind and continues to try to bring suits against his brother.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"We really blew our candle budget for the year." -Vince Gilligan

Me and my TV show are going broke can someone help me figure this out.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It seems that Chuck is only stopping if he gets commited or dies.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

It just occured to me that this is the first time Saul's secretary saw her boss being an utter bastard. She certainly looked pretty dour throughout the episode.

An utter bastard for.... exposing Chuck's obvious mental illness for a mental illness?

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
I would say that exposing the mental illness as such was a little underhanded, but the rear end in a top hat part was bringing in Rebecca to get Chuck off his game and to pour salt on his wounds.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jimmy is probably changing his name to get out of Chuck's shadow more than anything else. He only got into law because he looked up to his brother and wanted his respect. Now that that dream's dashed it's time for a change in perspective.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

He had to maximize the probability that Chuck would "lose his train of thought". Rebecca was an additional stressor. It's clear that Jimmy regretted having to bring her in, but he was backed into a corner.

As his attorney, he is legally obligated to put for the strongest defense possible. THE LAW IS TOO IMPORTANT to do otherwise.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maybe Chuck kills himself and Jimmy takes a new name out of guilt.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I really hope we get a reference to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6cyDsuNx_U

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

ditty bout my clitty posted:

An utter bastard for.... exposing Chuck's obvious mental illness for a mental illness?

Exposing his mental illness is fake, while proving he has an entirely different mental illness!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Just today I was thinking "aw man the season's gotta be almost over right?" And then when I was listening to the podcast and they said 305 I was like hell yeah.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Do you guys think the show will eventually move into the monochromatic Cinnabun hellscape?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It was a good episode because we finally got a definite answer to the Chicago sunroof thing.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

vermin posted:

Do you guys think the show will eventually move into the monochromatic Cinnabun hellscape?

It's set way after BB I think? Or :lost: plot twist, it's before he became a lawyer!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

vermin posted:

Yes, almost certainly. There's no way they'd keep teasing us with that unless they planned on making it pay off somehow. I think it'd be tops if they ended the whole series with an entire post-BB season for their final season.

Ak Gara posted:

It's set way after BB I think? Or :lost: plot twist, it's before he became a lawyer!
It can't be too far from BB, I'd think. I'd guess less than a year

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ak Gara posted:

He was watching videos of his own commercials from the future! Saul Goodman confirmed time traveler. This also explains how he found Walter White so quickly...he had already done it!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Last Chance posted:

Yes, almost certainly. There's no way they'd keep teasing us with that unless they planned on making it pay off somehow. I think it'd be tops if they ended the whole series with an entire post-BB season for their final season.

I agree. Each season's Cinnabon segment has been longer, and in this season's he finally talked as his desire to be a lawyer is starting to override his cowardice. There's every reason to think there will be some significant post-BB stuff if it doesn't get canceled.

I know I'll be shouted down for this but I really want his final act to be to somehow get Jesse out of the charges that are surely coming down on him.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Cojawfee posted:

It was a good episode because we finally got a definite answer to the Chicago sunroof thing.

Jimmy already explained that way back in the Bingo meltdown scene.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

I agree. Each season's Cinnabon segment has been longer, and in this season's he finally talked as his desire to be a lawyer is starting to override his cowardice. There's every reason to think there will be some significant post-BB stuff if it doesn't get canceled.

I know I'll be shouted down for this but I really want his final act to be to somehow get Jesse out of the charges that are surely coming down on him.

I think it's a safe bet that the end of the series will be Jimmy (going by his old name.....in Mike's voice) in court either defending himself or someone else.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

One little Chicago Sunroof, and suddenly I'm Charles Manson?!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

nah, only Ted Kaczynski.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think it's a safe bet that the end of the series will be Jimmy (going by his old name.....in Mike's voice) in court either defending himself or someone else.

I think Donald Kaufman had it best when he made the victim, killer, AND cop the same person!

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Last Chance posted:

Saul went bald pretty fast then. He still had great hair at the end of BB.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
We got paid in full last episode. So so juicy.

Is it Monday night yet??

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bring back old gbs posted:

Maybe Chuck kills himself and Jimmy takes a new name out of guilt.

I'm pretty sure this is where it's heading. Even if Chuck doesn't drop a toaster in the bath the rest of his life is going to be terrible enough that Jimmy will either feel too guilty to keep the name or will want to strip it to help him forget.

I can't imagine this is Chuck's last move against Jimmy though. I imagine he's going to try to scheme out the next plan with Hamlin, who will then immediately drop him and run as far away as physically possible. He'll probably spend the next five episodes realising he's completely alone and sliding into hopelessness. Maybe he'll continue plotting against Jimmy from his home, but all anyone (including Jimmy) will do in response is pity him.

That last shot was incredible. Chuck looked so, so small.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

Last Chance posted:

It definitely needs some kind of payoff, and I'm sure there'll be one. But I don't think that necessarily means moving the whole thing to Gene full time. A short and sweet scene that does something to assure us that Gene's going to be okay would be good enough. Maybe he unlocks a storage unit and we see that he has pallets full of money stored there, just like Walter White. And then he takes just a few bills to buy a new DVD player or something. He can't live like a guy who has a preposterous amount of money because he has to keep a low profile.

That said, shouting at the guy to "get a lawyer" clearly shows us some movement in the character.

What I'd like to see is Gene deciding he's had enough of living the Cinnabon life, and he's going to make one last, grand, desperate attempt to do something BIG--something that'll result in either death, prison, or excessive wealth. But no matter the outcome, at least he'll have tried, by God. We don't even need to see him carrying out whatever the scheme is. All we would really need is just need to see him commit to it, probably getting past the point of no return.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Secret Agent X23 posted:

It definitely needs some kind of payoff, and I'm sure there'll be one. But I don't think that necessarily means moving the whole thing to Gene full time. A short and sweet scene that does something to assure us that Gene's going to be okay would be good enough. Maybe he unlocks a storage unit and we see that he has pallets full of money stored there, just like Walter White. And then he takes just a few bills to buy a new DVD player or something. He can't live like a guy who has a preposterous amount of money because he has to keep a low profile.

That said, shouting at the guy to "get a lawyer" clearly shows us some movement in the character.

What I'd like to see is Gene deciding he's had enough of living the Cinnabon life, and he's going to make one last, grand, desperate attempt to do something BIG--something that'll result in either death, prison, or excessive wealth. But no matter the outcome, at least he'll have tried, by God. We don't even need to see him carrying out whatever the scheme is. All we would really need is just need to see him commit to it, probably getting past the point of no return.

Yeah, we see signs of life with the "get a lawyer" thing like you said, so I want to see Gene at full attention, facing down some final obstacle. I'd really like it to be him slippin' his way out of some horrific charges accumulated during the feds' search for Walter White.

But I'd imagine that would take more than a single episode to show.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Just to get this straight, Saul's in hiding because Walt was dragging everyone to hell with him? It's been so long since I've seen Breaking Bad but I don't remember the specific reason he disappeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I like that the vet is still a legit vet.

• Locked thread