Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Those who die in cost-battle are taken up to cost-halla to dwell among the godsdogs forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Daym Drops is a cool dude.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
what's yalls opinion of folks who take their cart into the hot dog line. They're first up against the wall imo

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Gorman Thomas posted:

what's yalls opinion of folks who take their cart into the hot dog line. They're first up against the wall imo

Crush them, Kill them, Murder them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

naem posted:

Those who die in cost-battle are taken up to cost-halla to dwell among the godsdogs forever

'Til Cost-halla

Someone photoshop the Nordic rune for Cost in there.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Cyborganizer posted:

My local Costco was robbed at closing time just the other day. Three suspects came in with ski masks to do a smash and grab on the glass jewelry display. The noble Costco employees responded by tackling one of the suspects and detaining him until police came. Would a Sam's Club employee do the same?

Joke is on them. Most of the diamonds in the display cases are fake.

Cyborganizer
Mar 10, 2004

Meydey posted:

Joke is on them. Most of the diamonds in the display cases are fake.

They must have been after the BB-8 Sphero toy I saw in there then.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It was actually a complete distraction. While the one set of guys were going after the fake jewelry, the REAL crew was making off with sacks full of delicious all-beef hot dogs, chicken bakes, and pizzas.

They even smashed and grabbed the onion container :(

Why didn't the receipt checker do something to stop them? WHY!?!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Tato posted:

It was actually a complete distraction. While the one set of guys were going after the fake jewelry, the REAL crew was making off with sacks full of delicious all-beef hot dogs, chicken bakes, and pizzas.

Because Costco will just make more. There'll always be $1.50 quarter-pound all beef hot dogs and 20oz beverages with unlimited refills for the people.

except me when my costco is revamping their food court :(

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I ate the hot dog too quickly to snag a pic, but got a shot from the parking lot as proof. Trip alone was worth it for the hotdog and soda :burger:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Behead those who bring their cart into the line, and the family of 15 in front of me every time I just want a quick purchase

Inshallah

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

C. Everett Koop posted:

Because Costco will just make more. There'll always be $1.50 quarter-pound all beef hot dogs and 20oz beverages with unlimited refills for the people.

except me when my costco is revamping their food court :(

:confused: costco...food court...revamped? and they don't have a temporary hot dog station or something? A COSTCO WITHOUT HOT DOGS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AFTER SHOPPING?!? What the gently caress is that garbage? That sounds like some Sam's Club horse poo poo :bahgawd:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Tato posted:

mother of god no!!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I'm the fat hispanic family that parks their carts right next to each free sample section, blocking the entire aisle while my 3 fats kids wait several minutes for the next snack to get cooked and cut up so they can take them all.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm the fat hispanic family that parks their carts right next to each free sample section, blocking the entire aisle while my 3 fats kids wait several minutes for the next snack to get cooked and cut up so they can take them all.

Same but me and only at the empanadas sample table.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Wasn't there some guy who shot another shopper for taking all the free samples at Costco? That should be legal

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The area near the frozen aisles is a loving nightmare of blender demos and fatties just parking their carts wherever and impeding people from doing their shopping so they can wait on samples and shove them down their mouths. That's why you need to just park your cart away from that area and venture in by yourself, grab the stuff you need, and get out. It's like hopping in and out of the tank in Blaster Master

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hi guys I have my paperwork from HR which aisle will inform me on what insurances to choose

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I dunno if I've ever gotten a sample from the frozen section, there is without fail fat family sitting on top of it and just taking the whole tray whenever they come out.

I do get enjoy the samples in their fresh section/ones where they have like whole grain toast or w/e.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Man, what kind of lovely Costcos are you guys hanging out in?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

the south. Costcos in VA and NC are full of the fatties in the frozen aisle. At least I got to the Hawaii one once and experienced the joy of fatty free frozen shopping

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tato posted:

the south. Costcos in VA and NC are full of the fatties in the frozen aisle. At least I got to the Hawaii one once and experienced the joy of fatty free frozen shopping

Hawaiians... not fat??

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Of course there were some fat people, but they plop Costco right near the suburbs and area on Oahu where the richer white folks live. But even the fat Hawaiians had a thing called courtesy and manners that kept them from blocking aisles just to inhale samples.

Also, the Costco food court there was outside and you just walked up to a window to order, you never have to even enter the Costco. Really convenient

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I often go to the first one ever. :smug:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

kloa posted:

I ate the hot dog too quickly to snag a pic, but got a shot from the parking lot as proof. Trip alone was worth it for the hotdog and soda :burger:

This photo could have been taken in any state. Costco is the true American ideal. :911:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Detective No. 27 posted:

This photo could have been taken in any state. Costco is the true American ideal. :911:

Not really, the sky is blue

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tato posted:

the south.

Ah. That explains it.

Chinatown posted:

I often go to the first one ever. :smug:

You in Kirkland? Was that the first one?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Everyone here in the PNW knows Costco is a privilege, not a right, and acts accordingly. I have seen many rear end in a top hat customers in my life but never there.
Edit- And the Kirkland Costco has terrible parking.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

First one is Seattle. Kirkland is store #08. Biggest is Tukwila #06. I think Portland is #02

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Meydey posted:

First one is Seattle. Kirkland is store #08. Biggest is Tukwila #06. I think Portland is #02

Awwww. I thought I previously lived at the Mecca.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Awwww. I thought I previously lived at the Mecca.

Technically the old Price Club stores in socal were earlier, but the were renumbered to 400 and up after the merge with Costco

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Tato posted:

The area near the frozen aisles is a loving nightmare of blender demos and fatties just parking their carts wherever and impeding people from doing their shopping so they can wait on samples and shove them down their mouths. That's why you need to just park your cart away from that area and venture in by yourself, grab the stuff you need, and get out. It's like hopping in and out of the tank in Blaster Master

holy poo poo a Blaster Master reference 0_0

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cyborganizer posted:

My local Costco was robbed at closing time just the other day. Three suspects came in with ski masks to do a smash and grab on the glass jewelry display. The noble Costco employees responded by tackling one of the suspects and detaining him until police came. Would a Sam's Club employee do the same?

How is it that the costco in your rich rear end Danville/san ramon area doesnt have a gas station. loving travesty.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How is it that the costco in your rich rear end Danville/san ramon area doesnt have a gas station. loving travesty.

lmao that was the san ramon costco? ahahha

its actually a pretty nice costco but ya gently caress the tri valley area

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Meydey posted:

Except the Seattle location moved, so it's really a different number now. They were just whiny bitches about it and demanded to keep the old number.

(I have a friend who worked there during the move)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
lol if your costco opened up after 1987 like some kind of noob costco

11/11/1986

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ah. That explains it.

First Price Club in San Diego.

Origin of the Food Court. :worship:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Beef jerky turned out amazing. Definitely using brisket again. From the high quality meat section at Costco of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i bought the Kirkland Steak Cut jerky on Sunday for the first tim, and now it's all gone. nothing sadder than an empty bag of jerky.

it was real good though. much better than that 'chefs cut' poo poo i bought from costco a month ago which was just gummy sweet garbage

also god drat jerky teeth. i think even after vigorously flossing im still feeling jerky bits between my teeth