Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
24 players, is that a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
somebody summon Krell please

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

24 players, is that a joke

Ecco is almost done with a game that started with 24 players.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

busb posted:

The gently caress you talking about magnus

I think mercury does all those things

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Two out of three ain't bad Magnus, but mercury doesn't crumble.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Amoeba102 posted:

Two out of three ain't bad Magnus, but mercury doesn't crumble.

Darn. I always considered busb a mad hatter.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'll start a 100 player no rules mafia

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

suikoden mafia 108 player go

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

First rule - Don't sign up

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

GulagDolls posted:

In suikoden mafia you have to no lynch everyday and successfully block the nk every night or you don't get the best ending

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hey busb check this one out

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/1097189.html

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Your Personal Muse posted:

I'll start a 100 player no rules mafia

Beat you to it biiiiitch

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Video didn't load on my phone but sounds good

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

GulagDolls posted:

....I would play in this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

....I would play in this.

so would I, just 106 to go!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Just make a game where players get a new role after they die. At the end of the game if you were scum X number of lives then you won/lost with scum.

Like respawning in a game but it's mafia and you can switch teams.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Just make a game where players get a new role after they die. At the end of the game if you were scum X number of lives then you won/lost with scum.

Like respawning in a game but it's mafia and you can switch teams.

If you respawn as town after being scum wouldn't you just sell out your former team?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Of course. :getin:

(Teams of three, one-round sit out, no vanilla scum)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
absolutely criminal if moldova doesn't win eurovision

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Have some completely unasked-for Comedians Hot Takes:

Dave Chappelle is using the exact kinds of stereotypes about gay people that he used to mock about black people. Louis CK's abortion jokes sure were words that a person could say. Bo Burnham could be really good if he'd stop getting so caught up in praising himself for how deep he is. Gabriel Iglesias isn't my favorite comedian, but I like him and I've yet to meet anyone who actively dislikes him. My favorite 'White Guy Making Jokes About Being An Awkward White Guy' is John Mulaney. Lewis Black tried to make a career out of being a knock-off George Carlin without actually understanding why Carlin was important, and there is a part of me that is deeply satisfied that he's completely fallen off the radar. I can't think of a single female stand-up comic that I like as a comic more than as a TV actress and I'm not sure what that says about me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

I can't think of a single female stand-up comic that I like as a comic more than as a TV actress and I'm not sure what that says about me.

Maria Bamford?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Maria Bamford?
Oh, yeah, good call. Thank you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

PMush Perfect posted:

Have some completely unasked-for Comedians Hot Takes:

Dave Chappelle is using the exact kinds of stereotypes about gay people that he used to mock about black people. Louis CK's abortion jokes sure were words that a person could say. Bo Burnham could be really good if he'd stop getting so caught up in praising himself for how deep he is. Gabriel Iglesias isn't my favorite comedian, but I like him and I've yet to meet anyone who actively dislikes him. My favorite 'White Guy Making Jokes About Being An Awkward White Guy' is John Mulaney. Lewis Black tried to make a career out of being a knock-off George Carlin without actually understanding why Carlin was important, and there is a part of me that is deeply satisfied that he's completely fallen off the radar. I can't think of a single female stand-up comic that I like as a comic more than as a TV actress and I'm not sure what that says about me.

I agree with most of these. I super agree with John Mulaney, he's pretty great.

I also agree with RF w/r/t Maria Bamford, and I'll also add that Margaret Cho is pretty swell and that's my HOT TAKE.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
watch Chelsea Peretti's standup special on netflix now fyi

you're welcome in advance.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poque posted:

watch Chelsea Peretti's standup special on netflix now fyi

you're welcome in advance.

Also a pro-tip

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Out of all the Netflix stand up stuff, many were good but the one that was such a great surprise and truly took me by surprise was Jen Kirkman. I think she's just the bee's knees.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
ross noble and bill bailey are v good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

you shoulda accepted my fb request

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Out of all the Netflix stand up stuff, many were good but the one that was such a great surprise and truly took me by surprise was Jen Kirkman. I think she's just the bee's knees.
ALso noted!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Retro Futurist posted:

Maria Bamford?

tig notaro as well

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
heh... i think carlin is kinda boring and i think that fact makes me interesting

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

tig notaro as well

Notaro is good too, but they only have that excellent documentary about her on Netflix as opposed to a special it seems.

While I was watching stand-up (I've now stopped for the moment) I watched some of the old specials they had. Richard Pryor was really funny and I enjoyed Eddie Murphy's things too aside from his inexcusable atrocious homophobic material.

Snooze Cruise posted:

heh... i think carlin is kinda boring and i think that fact makes me interesting

How do you think he's boring? I find at times he can get too angry but he's often great for a laugh.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

you shoulda accepted my fb request

that seems more like a friend move than a rival one

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think Burnham's self praise is part of the act, though. I like him.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Does he even do that much self praise lately? His last two shows have been a lot of "I am really sad and this was all a big mistake, please just stop laughing."

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Doug Stanhope crushes every other comic imo.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Bo Burnham is ridiculously smarmy and unfunny.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Watching someone fail so hard at being self-deprecating and clearly just fellating themselves is such a waste of time.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm here to relay a message of mysterious provenance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 28, 2020