Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

veni veni veni posted:

CV was cool when it came out but it doesn't look like it's aged well. If nothing else it was cool seeing RE step into the next gen at the time.I really liked it but I don't remember anything about it and have no desire to return to it.

RE6 was a big turd shooter in a sea of better turd shooters.

man i wish there were shooters that had all the combo moves and dropkicks that re6 had, but better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

veni veni veni posted:

CV was cool when it came out but it doesn't look like it's aged well. If nothing else it was cool seeing RE step into the next gen at the time.I really liked it but I don't remember anything about it and have no desire to return to it.

RE6 was a big turd shooter in a sea of better turd shooters.

The most fun I had in RE6 was playing as Jake and melee attacking everything to death, especially once you figure out the dodge move controls.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

All of these remasters so far have been of good games (Zero possibly excluded, although i don't mind it) i hope that if this one flops they won't stop making them, we only have so many more "mainline" games before they HAVE to remake Outbreak 1 at the very least.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

We still need resident evil outbreak files.

Those games were released far too soon.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I'd put the original Revelations in the same camp as Zero and Code V. With Zero, I can praise the visuals and some of the atmosphere. With CV, I can praise the villains and the goofy matrix inspired action sequences. Revelations is... bland. Nothing about it stands out in any way. Something about the gameplay just feels crummy. Nothing in the game feels like it has any impact or menace.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Revelations has a kick rear end raid mode and "I'm buying you lunch."

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It also legitimizes my desire for Chris Redfield by having him actively push away a scantily clad woman who literally throws herself at him.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

It also legitimizes my desire for Chris Redfield by having him actively push away a scantily clad woman who literally throws herself at him.

Also Chris gets the best alternative costume in the entire series.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Better than Jessica's one exposed butt cheek wetsuit?!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am glad the Resident Evil developers wisened up very early on to the prospect of making Chris look extremely homoerotic in alternate costumes because it makes me a happy young man

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dude has a massive gay following in Japan from what I understand, which apparently influenced those costumes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And thank goodness for that!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Jolo posted:

I'd put the original Revelations in the same camp as Zero and Code V. With Zero, I can praise the visuals and some of the atmosphere. With CV, I can praise the villains and the goofy matrix inspired action sequences. Revelations is... bland. Nothing about it stands out in any way. Something about the gameplay just feels crummy. Nothing in the game feels like it has any impact or menace.

I still argue that the build up to the part with the Scagdead is one of my favorite moments in all the Resident Evil games. MAY DAY MAY DAY!!!!

Also, the barnacle monster's instant death animation is brutal to watch.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

CJacobs posted:

And thank goodness for that!

Oh no doubt. :haw:

Still think it's brilliant how they've left his feelings for Jill ambiguous. I think it's cuter if they're just platonic.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh no doubt. :haw:

Still think it's brilliant how they've left his feelings for Jill ambiguous. I think it's cuter if they're just platonic.

The world of Resident Evil isn't a great place to start a relationship. Excella, Steve, Simmons and Leon haven't had the best of luck when it comes to relationships.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Please don't bring speak down on my idea for a survival horror based platonic dating simulator.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Leon can't date because that would involve getting into a vehicle with a woman.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Please don't bring speak down on my idea for a survival horror based platonic dating simulator.

I also forgot Piers. A bromance than ended in tragedy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

blackguy32 posted:

I also forgot Piers. A bromance than ended in tragedy.

Relationships maybe not but based on Piers I feel its safe to say that Chris and Leon definitely hosed at some point. Claire and Jill are too busy saving the world though.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Raxivace posted:

Leon can't date because that would involve getting into a vehicle with a woman.

And 99% of vehicles he enters will crash or flip over.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Leon Scott Kennedy's Exploding Flaming Wreckage Of A Bicycle Built For Two

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I see we both peruse the same gentlemen-only club.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Lunethex posted:

And 99% of vehicles he enters will crash or flip over.

I like to think that whatever friends or family Leon has offscreen are adamant and careful about never, ever letting him drive under any circumstances.

Especially Claire. Claire was the first person to wind up surviving the Kennedy Kurse. She has a brochure she hands out to new acquaintances.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The true biohazard was Leon S. Kennedy's driver's license all along.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I like to think that whatever friends or family Leon has offscreen are adamant and careful about never, ever letting him drive under any circumstances.

Especially Claire. Claire was the first person to wind up surviving the Kennedy Kurse. She has a brochure she hands out to new acquaintances.

I can only imagine that Leon was late getting to Raccoon City because he crashed a dozen cars on the way there. It's also why he didn't hear about the zombie outbreak.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The curse comes to claim him in RE6 if you mess up on the Highway in the Prologue or Leon Ch5. It's especially funny if you stop on top of the trucks right before the helicopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNgywEWDXZA&t=18s

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I can only imagine that Leon was late getting to Raccoon City because he crashed a dozen cars on the way there. It's also why he didn't hear about the zombie outbreak.
Lmao according to one of the wikis he was late because he spent all day getting drunk in a motel after breaking up with his girlfriend the night before.

Clearly the RCPD has the highest of standards.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lunethex posted:

The curse comes to claim him in RE6 if you mess up on the Highway in the Prologue or Leon Ch5. It's especially funny if you stop on top of the trucks right before the helicopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNgywEWDXZA&t=18s

That video reminds me, that faceless soldier that hops out of the helicopter is a true hero. He had no intention of trying to make it back. He just wanted to shoot some zombies to needlessly protect the protagonists.

Edit

Raxivace posted:

Lmao according to one of the wikis he was late because he spent all day getting drunk in a motel after breaking up with his girlfriend the night before.

Sounds about typical for American police.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Raxivace posted:

leons haircut makes a lot more sense with this context

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Raxivace posted:

This would actually explain Ada. She's the rebound girl for him.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still a step up from literal serial killer I guess.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Raxivace posted:

After playing both RE2 and RE3 dozens of times I stop and think "just how loving incompetent was the average RPD officer?" when I see all the corpses littered around the station. Leon turns up with a hangover and kills an assortment of mutants and monsters with a high count of zombies splattered for good measure, all while procuring a ridiculous amount of ammunition in the process. The rest of the RPD officers? Too busy being pecked to death by crows, or shooting their evac pilots 25ft in the air instead of the zombies 3ft in front of them. A new high in the standards of incompetence.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Ever played Resident Evil Outbreak, especially with pubbies? That puts incompetence in the RE universe into perspective.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

After playing both RE2 and RE3 dozens of times I stop and think "just how loving incompetent was the average RPD officer?" when I see all the corpses littered around the station. Leon turns up with a hangover and kills an assortment of mutants and monsters with a high count of zombies splattered for good measure, all while procuring a ridiculous amount of ammunition in the process. The rest of the RPD officers? Too busy being pecked to death by crows, or shooting their evac pilots 25ft in the air instead of the zombies 3ft in front of them. A new high in the standards of incompetence.
Chief Irons traded away his best cops to pay for his art addiction.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The RCPD had a lot of issues with mismanagement to say the least.

One that comes to mind is how a city with a population of a little over 100k warranted not only one, but two, full time SWAT departments, complete with their own personal transport helicopter.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I made it to the trailer in 7. I only need two more coins for the mag. Should I splurge or should I just go for the upgrades? Perhaps it's hard to find ammo this early in the game?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Renoistic posted:

I made it to the trailer in 7. I only need two more coins for the mag. Should I splurge or should I just go for the upgrades? Perhaps it's hard to find ammo this early in the game?

I've never used the magnum, and only found 7 rounds for it the entire game. Shotguns worked well enough for me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Even if you never pick up the Magnum you'll have far more ammo than you ever need for your other firearms in RE7.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Renoistic posted:

The Magnum is genuinely a waste, there's nothing worth using it on and ammo is scarce. The way the bosses are designed doesn't really reward having a big heavy single-shot weapon and the Molded aren't strong enough to justify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Thanks for the answers, seems like I'll just go for the upgrades then. I just wasted almost all my shotgun ammo on the hives , but that's OK. The game feels more tense the less ammo you're carrying around anyway.