Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

dont be mean to me posted:

Why only a drone for Echo Four though?

Because once we get things up and running again and the horribly dangerous planet punchening is over, we're gonna grow her a new body of course. That poo poo takes time, probably.

Spiffy cyber-frame is ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

AJLO, mini vote on who we offer jobs/passage

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Dear Rightvoters,

Depending on how the next few segments play out, we are either about to set an endgame heading, or start a whole new chapter.

I am very interested to see which way this goes, and I'm glad people are bought into this enough to make it an interesting choice. Exploring the Erb wreck was always going to have a significant impact, and change the direction of (or even end) Regal's career, but this choice is probably the most important one we've made since the beginning of the game. To that end, GM!Regal will have no part in deciding ties during this choice; this is your direction to determine. I encourage you to, as some have already done, elaborate and collaborate on your future plans, both to promote excitement and creativity, and so that even if you don't get everything you want, there's something in the final product to look forward to.

Right now, votes are solidly behind keeping the Erb coordinates to ourselves and setting off on a radical space abolitionist adventure. We're more or less evenly split between where to host Echo Four's brain, and there's an exciting race over how to reconstitute the Erb vessel, evenly split between birthing a smaller ship and cracking the planet open to drink its sweet, sweet elements.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
CJLP

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

yeah fuckit Plan Blasphemaster, aka Plan loving Awesome

I can only imagine the fantastical voyage we are about to undertake.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

yeah fuckit Plan Blasphemaster, aka Plan loving Awesome

I can only imagine the fantastical voyage we are about to undertake.

Just gonna point out that this is a switch from CILP on Hexenritter's part because it wasn't explicitly stated.

Also, I doubt that the Erb won't eventually hear about us faffing about in their ship, so we'll probably have a run in with them in due time. EVERYONE who is in good/neutral standing with us on Thoon, or isn't a Gigas native WINS!

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

CJLO

Small ship guys so we can still have Han Solo style adventures

Please don't turn this into the not-Dynasty on the not-Beast of Thrall going after not-Donut citys slavery :-(

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 26, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Rogue Trader of Thoon you say?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I'd rather have whimsical space adventures with a tight knit crew of misfits than *another* empire building sim

That's just me though

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Fair point, the more intimate stuff (no I don't mean the sex) is fun too, and regardless of which vote wins I have faith in a big bag of nacho cheese to be delicious smeared over a burrito make it exciting and engaging.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Yeah I want what I want but things are gonna be awesome either way. :v:

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

The Neotroodontid Star Empire shall endure forever! last until Regal gets bored or sad, smokes too much spice, and crashes her city-sized alien hypertech star-fortress into her three dimensionally-displaced duplicates and a Hegemony shipyard. (And blames Midas.)

Alpaca's point is one I've definitely kept an eye on, and I'll continue to endeavor not to crash into themes of other games too much. But consider the nature of the game (and its inhabitants) and rest assured that we'll have good times with substance-abusing space criminals, is what I'm saying. :awesomelon:

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 26, 2017

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Tone is our Navigator.
Ramadi is our Majordomo.
Kamula is our Master at Arms.
Midas is our Jester/Secret Spymaster.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Yup. Let's blow this joint and have some sweet space adventures!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I don't see Regal as the kind of person to commit geocide. After the initial exhilaration of Erbship wears off, her actions would haunt her and tear her apart. Sure we want to stick it to the slavers, but that's because the lives of the oppressed people matter. Annihilating them would mean total and irreversible failure when the real goal is liberation.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
BGLP THE STARS WILL BE OUR NECTAR. gently caress YOU ELDER RACES. (I really want to get clans off the sinking poo poo first.)

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Grognan posted:

[BGLP] THE STARS WILL BE OUR NECTAR. gently caress YOU ELDER RACES. (I really want to get clans off the sinking poo poo first.)

That is either quite an intentional pun or the Typo of the Week.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I'm also hoping that we aren't just screwing over Nacho Cheese due to a deep amount of lore just getting tossed out the window as we go on awesome space adventures.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Volmarias posted:

I'm also hoping that we aren't just screwing over Nacho Cheese due to a deep amount of lore just getting tossed out the window as we go on awesome space adventures.

Not at all. Besides, since I presented the option, it would be on me if that were the case (but it isn't).

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Typo of the weak, this planet is not doing great.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Grognan posted:

Typo of the weak, this planet is not doing great.

:raise:

Not sure if intentional...

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

The bridge around you is familiar, and not merely because you can feel the (in some cases literal) nerves of it throbbing in the walls around you. materiel-fabrication|executor, working off of her banks of stored schemata with input from you, has hybridized the new craft's design to smooth over any impossible angles and slap a coat of proverbial euclidian paint on any excessively eldritch protrusions.

You stand at the dais of your new command, thoughts racing as you observe the feed from your mote cloud. The stygian depths of Gigas have been transformed into an incandescent photoscape by the radical transformation undertaking the S̶áu͢͝-̵̧Ŗ̡r̡͟t̀͟, . Seawater bypasses gaseous state entirely, flashing directly to plasma as a staggering outpouring of energy, one that would not be out of place in the heart of a star, rewrites the molecular structure of S̶áu͢͝-̵̧Ŗ̡r̡͟t̀͟, with the casual finality an infomancer editing a piece of code. Your motes’ glare compensation is taxed to the limits, but through an uncanny use of stasis fields and less comprehensible Erb hypertech, the tiny drones (and you on the bridge, for that matter) are entirely unharmed by the seething eldritch crucible an arm’s reach distant.

“Those Praxis surveyors are definitely going to see that,” Vare speaks over your shoulder, pressing close.

“While a consideration,” Voulge adds, “the certainty that the Gigantes are aware of the erstwhile derelict’s reactivation should be of greater concern.”

“They can compose a strongly-worded krumping letter while they’re eating our thruster wash,” Kamula rasps. “I’m none too hacked to see the back of this frozen sleeb-stack.” You grin and begin to reply, but see Tone wringing his tiny hands, the Vordubiri pilot’s button eyes trembling with anxiety.

“We’re not leaving just this tick,” you offer, meeting Tone’s eyes and giving a slight nod. “I’m sure most of us have business to transact on Thoon before we start burning bridges.”

“Crew selection will prove vital going forward,” Voulge agrees, “not to mention materiel.”

“Can’t this marvel of transdimensional transit just conjure any sundries we might find ourselves requiring,” posits Midas. “Imagine making the Serrine-Tanzre run with a magical Erbtech anything machine. A neat hold of custom, duty-free As-You-Slotting-Like-It.”

\͊ͥ̍̉͋͗͏̤̬̺͓̱͕͚̭͡]̯̖͂̓̊ͩ̎ͯ̀͞[̣̫̘̦̳̠̺ͬ͝\̶̴͙̝͊̎ͬͯ́̀/̛͓̲͉̭̟ͨ͛͋̾̄ͣ̄̔͡/̷̹̜̻̑ͨ͛̄̈́̎̄ͅ|̘̼̩̠̳̏ͩ̐ͣͣ̈̈́ͪ|̬͙̪̲̟̦́͠\̻̰̟͚̜̙̾̄̌ͦ͐͊ͦ͐̊\̎̋̂̍͞҉͎̤̖̦[̺̦̗̝͔̒̈͌͆̒ͧͥ/̧̢͕̙ͮ͑͐́<̧̞̮ͨ̓ͪ̀<̤̱̭̣̝͙̬͆͒̈́͛\̴̝͈̊͒͠\͉̖͈̿ͪ͞,ͤ̂̽̆̍̓̓ͮͩ҉̧̱͜ͅ ̵̣̪̻̟͚̘̯ͬ̈́̓ͪ͊̑ͧͩ̍ ̍̄ͮͤ͆͏͉̲̮͙̥͠-̣̮͙̻̣̳̰̞̄̒̈͊̀̾̌̓ͦͅ]̽͋͑̀̇̅ͬ͒̉̀҉̧͓̰̱-̷̼͎̯̩̰̲͍͖͓̀͆̃̀̏͒ͨ̇͐[̧̥̥̠̠̬ͮ͐̾ͩͥ̇̐-͂ͩ͒̔̏͗ͬ͛͏̺͓̭̪̪͟ ̸̧̙̫͐̀̍͐|̝̱̉ͫͫ|̵͖̣͔̹̫͚̯ͤ̏̓̏̉̔́͝\̣̥̟͚̙̇̔ͥͣͪ̀ͮ͘͝ͅͅ\̭̠̌̏̂͑͝ͅ>̶͍̓͠!ͨͪ̎ͭͯ͏̨̰̞͈̭̙ͅ, utters materiel-fabrication|executor sharply, her communication appendage dropping peevishly from the ceiling of the bridge.

“You served a godlike alien intelligence and you just pasted together a starship on the fly,” Midas retorts with a scowl. “Savvy Parlance, for Grife’s sake!”

“She says,” you explain, unable to keep the grin off your face, “that she is a highly-trained fabricator, and engineering a star faring vessel is a far cry from distilling bootleg ‘swig in your hygiene module.”

“I find that incredibly doubtful,” Midas replies.

“Roughly translated,” you amend. “But Voulge is right. Like it or not, and I lean heavily on not, we’re not quit of Thoon just yet.”

“There is,” Vare chimes in, “for example, the matter of Fury Praxis. Leaving her in the lurch probably isn’t the wisest course, and offloading the hardware of obviously off the table at this point, but Midas spec’d a ‘base of scans that are probably worth an unhealthy sum.”

“Plunder poor Uncle Poole’s retirement fund to pay off your creditors,” Midas grouses gently, “I spec the lay of it.”

“Your turn in the barrel, Uncle Poole,” smirks Ramadi, probing the tiny bud of her regrowing eyestalk.

“Don’t forget our munificent benefactor,” Midas notes, glancing at Voulge. “I’m sure our good friend Vrade wants a return on their investment as well.”

“Vrade would find the data a gift appropriately reciprocal to their previous generosity,” Voulge asserts. “Additionally, as you will be outward bound, Vrade would be quite willing to take custody of Fluke for you.”

“I'm sure there are any number of parties who would be quite willing to take custody of Fluke,” Vare counters. “We could buy some serious goodwill stationside with a piece of hardware like this.”

Fluke would go a fair span toward leveling the game board for some of Thoon's perennial short-enders,” Ramadi counters. “How much margin could your nest swing with a beast like that, Tonez-sa?”

“Much of families accommodations,” Tone chirps solemnly. “Cuttings back on rents in additions to very more jobs.” The little Vordubiri smooths his whiskers and peers up at the rest of the crew. “Deep jobs, much ducats.”

Ramadi looks from Tone to you and gives you a there you go sort of gesture. You notice she didn't mention giving Fluke to the Raq Enclave, but you're dead certain it's near the top of her mind.

1. What do you intend to do with the scan data from the Erb derelict?
Enter a percentage to give to Fury, a percentage to give to Vrade, and/or a percentage to give to another specified party. Total percentage does not need to equal 100 (you don't need to give it all away, and you can give duplicate data.)

2. What do you intend to do with the Fluke?
A. Give it to Vrade.
B. Sell it to Vrade for a good price.
C. Give it to the Raq Enclave.
D. Give it to Tone's family.
E. Sell it to the highest bidder.
F. Sell it to someone else specific: ______________
G. Have materiel-fabrication|executor dismantle it for raw materials (and store the schema in case of future need).

3. Speaking of materiel-fabrication|executor, that designation is quite a mouthful. Redesignate her, if you wish:

4. Rechristen the S̶áu͢͝-̵̧Ŗ̡r̡͟t̀͟, to something actually pronounceable without a synthetic 128-channel vocoder?

Later, in the docking cyst, you stare up at the Fluke wistfully.
“Never got a chance to really know you, girl,” you croon.

“You realize,” Ramadi says, “that Fluke's probably the only piece of tech in this place without the brainmeat to appreciate that.”

“Better safe,” you counter, nodding sadly. “I wish I could change your mind about coming with us, Ramadi.”

“They need me here a fair span more than you need me out there,” she replies. “You convinced Tone that he can ship creds home, but it's a sight trickier to remit the leadership of a militant band of refugees. Some of us have only got the one body, Skip.”

"I'm sure Najaf is more than capable," you protest weakly.

"Could be as he is," Ramadi shrugs. "I'm not about to leave Jafi with that scrab-pile; I own it."

"Ramadi," you say with a squint, "you didn't do anything, I was the one who--"

"I know, Regal," she cuts you off. "And we'll just forbear to revisit it. Truth is...it's probably for the best you sent Midas to deactivate that drive whatsit. He's as slimy a sleeb as you'll flush out a hold, but he's always had your best interests at heart. You don't give him enough credit."

You feel a cold weight in your chest as you peer plaintively at your longtime friend. The idea of Ramadi Kinu betraying you is wholly alien, and that you could have brought her to the brink of it is an abhorrent thought.
"Are you...is it that bad with us?"

The Raq lets out a long sigh through both bronchoids.
"It's fine. Skipper...Reeg," it's only when she says it that you realize how long it's been since Ramadi referred to you by that diminutive. "Reeg, you're trying to do poz by us. I receive that. It was speccing highly nebulous for a few ticks there, but I think you're becoming something, maybe something great. And the sooner you're off Gigas, the better for you and everyone you touch."

"Ramadi..."

"You'll always have a contact on Thoon," Ramadi notes, igniting her narcojet with a click and a whine. "So as your attorney, I strongly recommend you jet this peerless cap of hydrine-XI, then get yourself to commanding, Commander Kore..."

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
80% to Fury, 80% to Vrade (same copy), 5% to Tone, 5% to Ramadi, 5% to Midas and 5% to Kamula (If they do not want to handle it, suggest negotiating payment from Vrade or Fury for their portions) Vare is coming along for the ride for sure she gets the whole database to research

2.C

3.Cristeta

4.Talon

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Can we take Tone's whole family?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

CRAP.

1. Keeping in mind that Fury has no drat idea what is what unless Vrade's people are compromised;

55% to Fury 45% to Vrade with 50% overlap in Fury's favor. Fury gets the desired 'first pick' in the form of more know-how, Vrade gets a favor from the awesome crew with the badass ship. This is miscellaneous general tech knowledge without going too deep into a given tech tree. Spread the net for profit. Vrade's favor can be industry specific know-how as long as it doesn't preclude fulfilling our promise to Fury.

25% to Ramadi HEAVY into residential/environmental/medical tech, max 66% overlap with Fury and Vrade so she gets some exclusive knowhow for her dudes. This is a buyout also.

Choice of 15% each, max 66% overlap with anyone else of tech choices for Poole and Kamula.

THE SHIP IS OURS gently caress OFF.

2. D. It goes to Tone. This thing moves. Tone moves. End of discussion. If he wants to come with, awesome we'll accommodate the​se genuinely small creatures and he gets 50% salvage value as we ErbZap the Fluke for parts.

3. Griswold.

4. Chain Breaker or just Breaker.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. Plan Blasphemaster, except 35% for Ramadi instead of 25%.
2. D, Tone deserves thanks for keeping us all alive for the past few missions and his family can get more use out of the Fluke than anyone else.
3. Muffin
4. The Impossible

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Blasphemaster posted:

CRAP.

1. Keeping in mind that Fury has no drat idea what is what unless Vrade's people are compromised;

55% to Fury 45% to Vrade with 50% overlap in Fury's favor. Fury gets the desired 'first pick' in the form of more know-how, Vrade gets a favor from the awesome crew with the badass ship. This is miscellaneous general tech knowledge without going too deep into a given tech tree. Spread the net for profit. Vrade's favor can be industry specific know-how as long as it doesn't preclude fulfilling our promise to Fury.

25% to Ramadi HEAVY into residential/environmental/medical tech, max 66% overlap with Fury and Vrade so she gets some exclusive knowhow for her dudes. This is a buyout also.

Choice of 15% each, max 66% overlap with anyone else of tech choices for Poole and Kamula.

2. D. It goes to Tone. This thing moves. Tone moves. End of discussion. If he wants to come with, awesome we'll accommodate the​se genuinely small creatures and he gets 50% salvage value as we ErbZap the Fluke for parts.

3. Griswold.

Sounds good.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

poo poo. We have to add a clause to all % votes such that all knowledge directly regarding our new ride is VERBOTEN!!!

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Toughy posted:

Can we take Tone's whole family?

Blasphemaster posted:

2. D. It goes to Tone. This thing moves. Tone moves. End of discussion. If he wants to come with, awesome we'll accommodate these genuinely small creatures and he gets 50% salvage value as we ErbZap the Fluke for parts.

Possibly? Tone is currently coming, but I will add getting his family on board as one of the options for Final Stationside Business.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

You never know when you'll need a horde if space weasels. :v:. I'm confident Tone's family would like to get away from Thoon in the company of people who like him and will keep them fed so you know. No more baby weasel cannibalization.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Blasphemaster posted:

CRAP.

3. Griswold.

Thirding this. Chainbreaker is a good name!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

CRAP.

3. Griswold.

Throwing in once again with threadbuddy Blasphemaster.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm happy with tone's family coming if we can 'accidentally' infest every world we visit with a few of them.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Very busy month at work, and a somewhat rough patch for the kid neurologically. I'm aiming to get the update out on Friday.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

big bag of nacho cheese posted:

Very busy month at work, and a somewhat rough patch for the kid neurologically. I'm aiming to get the update out on Friday.

Take your time duder, and I hope the wee one's alright.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Hexenritter posted:

Take your time duder, and I hope the wee one's alright.

Exactly! Best wishes for your family!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Don't bother updating us unless it's cathartic for you. For what it's worth my 6 yrs of xp in counseling is a PM away (I'll buy you plat if you don't have it already).

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Your ready-room off the bridge is a comfortable lair, built to spec by the fabrication cyborg you've taken to calling Griswold, and reminiscent of one of the various cozy hidey-holes you dug out in the bowels of Thoon. Only cleaner. And less pungent. As Griswold puts the final touches on Breaker's fuselage, you yourself struggle to put together a list of tasks to perform on Thoon in the limited time allotted you.
As you look up in thought, pondering the next entry on your list, you see Tone watching you from the hatchway to the bridge, whiskers trembling.
“Tone,” you ask, “something eating you?” You see the little pilot’s fingers clench, and you wonder if your words were ill-chosen.

“For jokes,” Tone mutters aloud, as if assuring himself. “Only…Thoons have many troubles, and Vorduburi have much smallnesses.”

“Is…this about your family,” you probe, puzzled. “Are you having second thoughts?”

“Negs,” Tone says, waving his hands in a frantic dismissal, “negs, Commanders, only…”

“Tone,” you coax patiently, “it’s chel, what do you need?”

“Did ergonomicals, and all would have spaces…Gris-wolds says impacts on provisions minimal…All would do works….”

“Is…Is this about your family,” you finally parse out. “Are you asking if your family can come?”

“Negs,” Tone waves his hands again, “negs! Only…yes. Yes?”

“Kid,” Poole’s voice breaks your concentration, “we need ourselves a palaver. What’s this static I hear about you inviting Khaldeans on this pleasure cruise?”

“We’ve got an Erbtech gunship,” you snap, blinking away your holo-display, “and a contingent of frozen Khaldeans already. Why the change of heart?”

“I’ve got no issue with the built-ins,” Midas insists. “A cadre of expendable front-liners is not an asset to be dismissed rashly. But CII-Batruzii has a stated interest in ventilating my torso, and I might only assume that sentiment extends to her entire war-clade?”

“I’m sure she’s mellowed in the intervening period,” you offer. “Honestly, I thought that whole ‘kill on sight’ thing was just how Khaldeans flirted.”

“Not that it’s any of your business,” Midas groans, “but I never docked at that particular port-of-call.”

“I’m not judging,” you reply judgmentally. “I found my diverse array of ‘aunts’ very educational.”

“Those aunts also put food in that gullet,” Midas says, pointing at you, “so have a modicum of gratitude for your upbringing and perhaps consider not inviting someone on board to shoot me in the face. Respectfully, Commander.”

“Commander Kore?”

You will your eyelid not to twitch as you blink aside the list once more and look up at Voulge, standing in her own gelatinous version of parade rest.

“Voulge? I’m still analyzing your assessments; can I get back to you?”

“Certainly,” Voulge replies, “only…” Unlike Tone, you’re certain Voulge’s hesitation is entirely affected.

“Voulge, I’m getting real sick of onlies this cycle. Disgorge it.”

“We wanted a moment to speak to you alone. Specifically, about our continued association with this expedition.”

“You want to stay on,” you ask, raising a brow. “I’d figured you’d be eager to get back to Vrade.”

“Uncle Vrade is an able steward,” Voulge agrees, “but while the protection and opportunity they offer is excellent, it all remains firmly within Vrade’s interests.”

You peer at the Rigele carefully. “You’re looking to branch out on your own,” you posit. “I didn’t think Rigele went in for that sort of thing.”

Voulge looks more uncomfortable than you’ve ever seen them, their plasm cloudy behind a tense outer membrane. “Our reasons are between us, Commander Kore,” they state, “and not to pass otherwise. But the collective Vrade has fostered on Thoon is…unhealthy.”

You say nothing, pursing your mouth and gesturing for Voulge to continue.

“Tainted by personality,” Voulge explains. “Voulge has grown so long without meaningful opposition that ego has asserted itself in the monoculture. Vrade is not simply in charge of the Rigele on Gigas…Vrade effectively is the Rigele on Gigas. We find that increasingly…distasteful.”

“And time and distance have only reinforced your distaste.”

“Just so.”

“Then why offload the angst? Why not just ask to come along?”

Voulge is silent for a moment, then seems to come to a decision. “We...require assistance. Vrade holds what one might consider a hostage.”

“A…who does he have?”

If Voulge notices your pronoun lapse, they don’t mention it. “Vrade has possession of our mother-mass.”

“Your…wait, Voulge has your…”

“Do not draw false equivalency. It is our generative culture, a substance containing the genetic material required to reassert our autonomy of form, or to reproduce meaningfully.”

You consider yourself fairly open-minded, but you find yourself somewhat flummoxed regardless. “What would you have me do?”

“Not to engage in hostilities or theft,” Voulge assures you, “if that is your concern. We request you speak to Vrade and convince him of both your need for our services, and the advantage to Vrade in extending their reach to the stars. I have prepared a primer on like avenues of persuas—“

“Thanks, just…send it to me and I’ll take a look.”

“Commander Kore?”

“Voulge?”

“Thank you for your consideration.”

Your holodisplay flickers as Kamula paces through the middle of the text field like a coursing trakknix, an intent sort of scowl on his face. “What’s the problem, K,” you sigh, dismissing your editor and rubbing your implant join sites.

“Krumping grocery list is all torch and poz,” the cyborg growls, “but how d’you intend to get to Thoon? Either Praxis or the slotting worms’ll make us as soon as Fluke pokes her head out of this trench.”

“Breaker can—“

“Figured you for wanting a clean break,” Kamula interjects. “The tick you roll up in this sled, everybody on this dirty ice ball is gonna slotting well want a piece.”

“We can handle a little trouble,” you protest.

“You feeling a dustoff with every grife-begging orb-plat and picket frigate between here and the L3 pinged up and rowdy? I could do real chel without a grip of thirsty gunboys breathing up my cloaca, Kore.”

“Don’t hold back,” you offer dryly. “How do you suggest we proceed?”

Kamula steps over to a data console and pulls up a navigational module, dragging the selector over Mimon station in Gigas's southern basin.
“Mimon,” he rasps. “Anyone getting off this ride takes Fluke to Mimon until the smoke clears. We, in the meantime, break for the Drift and don’t look back.”

“I don’t like abandoning crew to the tender mercies of either Praxis or the Gigantes,” you counter.

“It’s a risk,” Kamula admits, “but as I spec it, worm and sundry will be too glued to their krumping sensors watching us ride this spicy toaster into orbit to worry about one no-account fish. And our mates kipped on Thoon; getting by on Mimon will be juve-fancies.”

“And how are we getting into orbit without docking at a station? I suppose we’re just going to blow a hole through the ice crust,” you offer sarcastically.

Vaporize would be the verb of choice, I’d reckon,” Kamula says with a grin. “No blastwave to speak of. I, ah, talked to the guns a bit.”

“Of course you did…”

DO YOU...
1. Split crew between Fluke and Breaker?
2. If you answered yes to the above, who do you send on Fluke? Anyone remaining on Gigas will default to this.
3.Talk to Vrade about retaining Voulge's services? Voulge will remain behind, otherwise.
4.Pick up Tone's family? Tone will still be coming along if No.
5.Recruit CII-Batruzii and her war-clade?
6. Recruit anyone else from Thoon? If so, whom?
7. Gather any other particular items or resources from Thoon?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

1.  let our crew decide individually
2. See above.
3. Sure why not.
4. ABSOLUTELY.
5. DOUBLE ABSOLUTELY. Condition that they do not run Midas through a juicer just yet. We'll work out a compromise.
6. Can't Think of anyone just yet.
7. BOOZE AND NARCOJETS. The corpse of Queen Croc Bitch to be repurposed as a trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Blasphemaster posted:

1.  let our crew decide individually
2. See above.
3. Sure why not.
4. ABSOLUTELY.
5. DOUBLE ABSOLUTELY. Condition that they do not run Midas through a juicer just yet. We'll work out a compromise.
6. Can't Think of anyone just yet.
7. BOOZE AND NARCOJETS. The corpse of Queen Croc Bitch to be repurposed as a trophy.

This all looks good

And let me please say again how much I appreciate the art and the general style

• Locked thread