Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

iajanus posted:

Lots of talk that this is Moses' last Tigers game tonight, which naturally leads to the assumption that we must be getting someone in as a replacement. Apparently he's been pretty apathetic at training, too. Our big target has been Lolohea atm so who knows what might be in the mix in the next couple of days.

Bring Back Braith!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Abalone Malone posted:

Bring Back Braith!!

Look I'm currently on a health kick and don't need to add a drinking problem to the mix so no thanks

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

bowmore posted:

the Knights are also going hard for Cronk apparently

They were talking on MMM this morning about the Panfers going for Cronk as well, and pair him up with Nathan Cleary.
I don't know how that'll work out on the whole "Live close to Sydney thing". Probably be faster to get to Sydney from Newcastle with the way the M4 is these days.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Eh the F3 has its moments.

Id like him at the tigers to mentor brooks and enhance the grub.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

The gently caress is going on with Wests' shirts today? I mean I understand it's the Indigenous round, but that shirt is so eye-searing I almost want one.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Moses doing his best impression of a turnstile

he's very good at it

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Was sorry that I had a soccer game so missed the game tonight

Saw what happened

Was happy I had soccer tonight, even though I got drilled in the crotch by the ball and we got flogged.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Was sorry that I had a soccer game so missed the game tonight

Saw what happened

Was happy I had soccer tonight, even though I got drilled in the crotch by the ball and we got flogged.

Having watched the game I am jealous of your evening

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
I too am happy that iajanus got drilled in the crotch by a soccer ball.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Looks like the Storm are getting cleaned out next year with Chambers signing with the Roosters

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That was a bit of quality defence by the warriors there

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Also does anyone else think the bullshit double header tonight is literally the NRL apologising to Brisbane for them not having a Thursday or Friday night home game this week? I could just about understand it if either they or the titans had a home game this week but to have two games from other states moved to be a double header at Suncorp makes no logical sense at all.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
The Warriors scoring points? What is this world coming to?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Jono C posted:

The Warriors scoring points? What is this world coming to?

Don't worry there is a second half

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

Also does anyone else think the bullshit double header tonight is literally the NRL apologising to Brisbane for them not having a Thursday or Friday night home game this week? I could just about understand it if either they or the titans had a home game this week but to have two games from other states moved to be a double header at Suncorp makes no logical sense at all.

Brisbane doesn't want to play Thursday/Friday night games because they make more ticket sales for Saturday/Sunday games. Broncos games draw the biggest TV audience on Friday/Thursdays though so thats why channel 9 basically force them to play then

Better ticket sales is also the exact same reason Manly are playing their home game at Suncorp

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

LOL, WARRIORS

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

cpaf posted:

Don't worry there is a second half

BCR posted:

LOL, WARRIORS

:smith:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The Warriors were a mistake.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

cpaf posted:

Brisbane doesn't want to play Thursday/Friday night games because they make more ticket sales for Saturday/Sunday games. Broncos games draw the biggest TV audience on Friday/Thursdays though so thats why channel 9 basically force them to play then

Better ticket sales is also the exact same reason Manly are playing their home game at Suncorp

Yes, I fully agree that the Broncos, widely regarded as one of the least powerful teams in the NRL with no pull whatsoever in the political sphere of the game, has been secretly seething and doing nothing about it for the last few years as they consistently got the same timeslot and had a regular length recovery time that every team in the league was jealous of :rolleyes:

Also holy poo poo warriors wtf

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

Yes, I fully agree that the Broncos, widely regarded as one of the least powerful teams in the NRL with no pull whatsoever in the political sphere of the game, has been secretly seething and doing nothing about it for the last few years as they consistently got the same timeslot and had a regular length recovery time that every team in the league was jealous of :rolleyes:

If the Broncos could just play whenever they wanted they would play on Saturday when Foxtel has exclusive rights, and when they get better ticket sales?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I mean not to get in the way of your meltdown about club disparity but you were baffled as to why Manly would play their home game at Suncorp outside of a systemic Broncos conspiracy and the very simple answer is because Manly will get 40-50k ticket sales for a home game at Suncorp compared to 10k at Lottoland

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
The worst thing about Warrior games like that is the horrifying inevitability of it all.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

cpaf posted:

I mean not to get in the way of your meltdown about club disparity but you were baffled as to why Manly would play their home game at Suncorp outside of a systemic Broncos conspiracy and the very simple answer is because Manly will get 40-50k ticket sales for a home game at Suncorp compared to 10k at Lottoland

Apparently only manly gets those ticket sales, even though two teams gave up home games. Clearly Suncorp has 100000 seats in it this week.

Is this the Brisbane version of Queensland's persecution complex always pretending there's a massive conspiracy against them? Why can't teams who consistently get massive advantages and experience huge success just admit as such and stop trying to pretend they're the victims?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'm not saying Brisbane isn't a powerful club, I'm just saying the reason the double header is being played is because the teams will make a lot more money from ticket sales, not because of some nonsense garbage about appeasing them for not having a Friday home game or whatever

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

cpaf posted:

If the Broncos could just play whenever they wanted they would play on Saturday when Foxtel has exclusive rights, and when they get better ticket sales?

Also lol, it's funny that you don't even have this bit right. (using figures for the last two years)

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/10/27/bums-seats-truth-nrl-draw/amp/

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

cpaf posted:

I'm not saying Brisbane isn't a powerful club, I'm just saying the reason the double header is being played is because the teams will make a lot more money from ticket sales, not because of some nonsense garbage about appeasing them for not having a Friday home game or whatever

Whilst I was making a joke with my first post, your logic here is hilarious since if we used it as a basis for decisions we should just move 90% of all home games for all clubs to Suncorp since almost nobody makes near the money they could by doing this.

There's literally no basis in logic for Melbourne and Manly to just decide to move their games to Brisbane this weekend apropos of nothing and it smells completely like there's someone who's pulled strings somewhere to make this happen for some reason that isn't being disclosed.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

Also lol, it's funny that you don't even have this bit right. (using figures for the last two years)

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/10/27/bums-seats-truth-nrl-draw/amp/

I mean that is great if you ignore the fact the article has a sample size of two for Saturday games (and doesn't make any reference to what teams they played, which makes a huge difference), agrees with my point about higher attendance on Sundays (which is also worthless information with a sample size of 1) and agrees with my point about the double header being a massive success in terms of ticket sales

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

Whilst I was making a joke with my first post, your logic here is hilarious since if we used it as a basis for decisions we should just move 90% of all home games for all clubs to Suncorp since almost nobody makes near the money they could by doing this.

There's literally no basis in logic for Melbourne and Manly to just decide to move their games to Brisbane this weekend apropos of nothing and it smells completely like there's someone who's pulled strings somewhere to make this happen for some reason that isn't being disclosed.

I was just making a joke but yes actually in fact there is a giant conspiracy and clubs making a shitload of money out of ticket sales for a once a year event that has been massively successful previously is just a staggeringly stupid and arrogant explanation that I've come to expect from a Broncos supporter

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

cpaf posted:

I mean that is great if you ignore the fact the article has a sample size of two for Saturday games (and doesn't make any reference to what teams they played, which makes a huge difference), agrees with my point about higher attendance on Sundays (which is also worthless information with a sample size of 1) and agrees with my point about the double header being a massive success in terms of ticket sales

But a double header isn't a success in terms of ticket sales when you factor in that there are two games on so the take is split. 50-odd thousand / 2 is a lot less than the normal figures for the Broncos. As such, they're losing out in terms of that.

You'd think that a team with any pull whatsoever who honestly thought they'd be better off doing so would somehow manage to get more than 3 games on the weekend in two years. The entire fact that they literally play an irrelevant amount of games in those days (and put worthless teams in those spots, like the eels and tigers) speaks volumes about how they desire them.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

cpaf posted:

I was just making a joke but yes actually in fact there is a giant conspiracy and clubs making a shitload of money out of ticket sales for a once a year event that has been massively successful previously is just a staggeringly stupid and arrogant explanation that I've come to expect from a Broncos supporter

Well, yes, the Broncos presumably aren't spending the money themselves that manly are getting and are benefiting from a free home game, so I agree that there seems to be something going on. A good point.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jesus Titans, how lazy can you be in defence up the middle?

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Well done Titans, completely unexpected but lovely none the less

Also, hah you're poo poo Hayne ahhhhhhhhh

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hahaha gently caress off storm

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Smorgasbord posted:

The worst thing about Warrior games like that is the horrifying inevitability of it all.

To be fair that was their worst collapse of all time

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

What's with manly playing St George?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

This is fun, go *shudder* Manly!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Um that pass might have been a little forward

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

cpaf posted:

Looks like the Storm are getting cleaned out next year with Chambers signing with the Roosters

Where are you getting your transfer rumours from? I used to rely on zerotackle but it's gone to poo poo this year.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Saul Goode posted:

Where are you getting your transfer rumours from? I used to rely on zerotackle but it's gone to poo poo this year.

Reddit, mostly while looking for info for fantasy. It's just a rumour from Matty Johns though lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Great win Newcastle, but absolutely putrid from Canberra

• Locked thread