Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
oliveira is 3-1 dog against will brooks. it's way closer than that.

on top of my hundo on weidman, i've put a parlay on cormier, weedman and oliveira as the underdog parlay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

do you think it's because he lost to alex oliveira and people assume it's a rematch

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

nevermind i got it the wrong way round in my brain

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

i can still taste him posted:

Ha ha no, that didn't hit (shocking, I know).

I've had issues reupping with Bodog recently. What site do other Canadians use these days?

Sports Interaction is the site I use and its actually Canadian.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i can still taste him posted:

Working on going $1k on Thiago Alves at +140, but Bodog is interfering.

did you get it on?

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Marching Powder posted:

did you get it on?

Sigh, no. I was traveling for work and couldn't get it done that sitting, then second guessed myself the next day and didn't pull the trigger.

And thanks, Le Saboteur. I will check out Sports Interaction. I apparently need someplace more receptive to my impulsiveness.

i can still taste him fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 9, 2017

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
gently caress... weak

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

seeing a lot of potential value in a few bets tonight. specifically, lauzon as the underdog even though he looked like poo poo in his last fight, it's definitely an outlier in his career. jake elleberger as the dog despite being at least as likely to kill perry as perry is to kill him and finally diego sanchez as a massive underdog. al has been out for years and diego is always dangerous and a cardio machine.

also thinking of going leites by sub, ellenberger by ko, dodson by ko and cub by ko in a parlay

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marching Powder posted:

seeing a lot of potential value in a few bets tonight. specifically, lauzon as the underdog even though he looked like poo poo in his last fight, it's definitely an outlier in his career. jake elleberger as the dog despite being at least as likely to kill perry as perry is to kill him and finally diego sanchez as a massive underdog. al has been out for years and diego is always dangerous and a cardio machine.

also thinking of going leites by sub, ellenberger by ko, dodson by ko and cub by ko in a parlay

Did you make any of these bets?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Did you make any of these bets?

All of them, natch. 50 poorer.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Demian Maia +100 to +115 depending on where you bet.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Duck of Death posted:

Demian Maia +100 to +115 depending on where you bet.

He will lose. This will probably look similar to Whittaker vs Jacare with the smaller quicker guy avoiding any grappling exchanges and throwing quick shots to disrupt takedown attempts and the pace.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I like Masvidal, but Maia is stupid loving strong at 170 and will likely drag him down and choke him out.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He also doesn't rely on athleticism to get takedowns the way Jacare does.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I have a bad feeling about the fight as a Maia fan, but those odds look off to me (and are apparently the result of Luca Fury betting a huge amount on Masvidal). Maia has also looked nearly flawless lately while Jacare was getting tagged by Boetsch.

The Duck of Death fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 26, 2017

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Duck of Death posted:

I have a bad feeling about the fight as a Maia fan, but those odds look off to me (and are apparently the result of Luca Fury betting a huge amount on Masvidal). Maia has also looked nearly flawless lately while Jacare was getting tagged by Boetsch.

Jacare outstriking and tapping Mousasi was IMO as impressive as anything Maia has done at WW. Maia literally has only one way to win and that is to take Masvidal down. He will be way more helpless on the feet than Jacare.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tesilential posted:

Jacare outstriking and tapping Mousasi was IMO as impressive as anything Maia has done at WW. Maia literally has only one way to win and that is to take Masvidal down. He will be way more helpless on the feet than Jacare.

Not at all. Maia hits deceptively hard and at one point was outstriking Anderson Silva (when he wasn't hiding behind Herb Dean). Carlos Condit even said Maia knocked him senseless with strikes. They were GnP, iirc, but still.

Also, almost no one at WW has shown any ability at all to stay standing when Maia gets his hands on them. Rory and Jake Shields are the only people who have had any success at all against him at 170.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not at all. Maia hits deceptively hard and at one point was outstriking Anderson Silva (when he wasn't hiding behind Herb Dean). Carlos Condit even said Maia knocked him senseless with strikes. They were GnP, iirc, but still.

Also, almost no one at WW has shown any ability at all to stay standing when Maia gets his hands on them. Rory and Jake Shields are the only people who have had any success at all against him at 170.

Not to mention that I consider the Jake and Rory losses to be the catalyst for Maia starting to look monstrous. Also, even completely gassed, Maia came within a hair of beating Rory legitimately on points, and when fresh in the first he effortlessly took Rory down. Masvidal can win. He's a great fighter, but he will be on his back.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Masvidal is really good and technical everywhere but also sometimes lets the fight come to him too much, i could see him winning or letting Maia get too deep on a takedown attempt on the fence before he realizes hes in trouble and getting owned

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
One guy betting on anyone isn't going to move the lines

A coin flip is pretty fair for that fight, I think. Frankie Edgar seems cheap at -135

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't disagree with your points, but I still believe Jacare is a lot more dangerous as a striker than Maia is. Maia is not pillow fisted but is slow and predictable on the feet. Masvidal is a slick as poo poo striker. Maia will win if he can get him down (and keep him there) before gassing but he won't win a striking battle.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Hello friends, it's been awhile. I have mostly been betting on the NBA. Stipe is fighting tonight so I have to put money on my hometown homie.

5k on Stipe @ -135

5k on edgar at -115

5k on Maia @ -120

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Finally MMA is good again

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Edgar is only -115? Rodriguez is a terrible style matchup for him but there's no way he should be less of a favorite than Stipe

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
These are my bookie lines and his lines don't always shift as fast as Vegas so he might be off a few.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

jase1 posted:

These are my bookie lines and his lines don't always shift as fast as Vegas so he might be off a few.

the lines are opening up a bit but -115 is about the going rate online.

I don't normally mess with props but the main event going to decision is a pretty decent value

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

good money on frankie, jj, jds, maia, reyes imo. yet to bet but i'll be getting on for sure.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jase1 posted:

Hello friends, it's been awhile. I have mostly been betting on the NBA. Stipe is fighting tonight so I have to put money on my hometown homie.

5k on Stipe @ -135

5k on edgar at -115

5k on Maia @ -120

I think stipe and maia are good bets but Frankie is going down.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think stipe and maia are good bets but Frankie is going down.

this may well be but i don't see how decisioning bruce leeroy and bashing up an ancient and pathetic bj penn leads you to this conclusion but be damned if i ain't keen to see.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yair gets more and more efficient with his energy footwork and kicking every fight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
He is but Frankie invented being better at Cardio than anyone so long as he hasn't lost a step, he'll overtake Yair.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

He is but Frankie invented being better at Cardio than anyone so long as he hasn't lost a step, he'll overtake Yair.

He also likes to try to catch kicks in order to turn them into takedowns. Benson Henderson was chewing him up with kicks and Yair is way more dangerous than Bendo.

Edit: Aldo in the first Edgar fight also landed a ton of really hard leg kicks while Edgar looked to take him down. By the time Aldo stopped kicking he had already won 3 rounds.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 13, 2017

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

jase1 posted:

5k on Stipe @ -135

5k on edgar at -115

5k on Maia @ -120

I think all three of those bets are good, Edgar is probably the riskiest but like someone else said, he should win if he hasn't lost a step.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He also likes to try to catch kicks in order to turn them into takedowns. Benson Henderson was chewing him up with kicks and Yair is way more dangerous than Bendo.

Edit: Aldo in the first Edgar fight also landed a ton of really hard leg kicks while Edgar looked to take him down. By the time Aldo stopped kicking he had already won 3 rounds.

That's somewhat where my mind is at. Frankie eats a lot of kicks in order to try to get takedowns, and he's paid the price for it a number of times in the past. If Yair's takedown defense is on point, Frankie is going to get kicked all to hell.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Queering Wheel posted:

I think all three of those bets are good, Edgar is probably the riskiest but like someone else said, he should win if he hasn't lost a step.

i would say stipe was just cos heavyweights can finish eachother with 1 solid punch

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Bold call here, but Jose Aldo is better at kicking legs than Yair Rodriguez.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Bold call here, but Jose Aldo is better at kicking legs than Yair Rodriguez.

And Yair is better at kicking everywhere else. If Frankie is trying to catch kicks he is going to take a shin to the dome.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
If I remember, Aldo was catching him on the counter and had trouble landing them when he was leading

I like Chas Skelly and maybe Marco Polo Reyes as a spoiler, as well as JDS, Maia and Edgar

vainman fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 13, 2017

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

And Yair is better at kicking everywhere else.

I disagree, and I don't think Frankie taking a kick to the dome is the end of a fight, unless time has caught up with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
The last time I saw JDS he looked like a shadow of his former self against Overeem. I know it is heavyweight and anything can happen, but has anything changed since then to show that Cain didn'ruin him for life and that Stipe isn't a fairly solid bet?