Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I've determined that if I want to quickly charge my phone or play with it charging I have to use the outlet adapter, if it's plugged into my computer I get prompted whether to access my phone's storage device each time I wiggle the wire, and for some reason my desktop's USB port charges a lot slower than plugging it into the power bar on my desk.

Oh yeah no, that's always a thing with portable devices that have internal batteries in them. You are never going to charge them quickly or at all via computer USB hubs. Having them charge via USB while in active use is just a way to reduce energy consumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Endorph posted:

there's soem decent gags in here but on the other hand it's really long for an abridged ep and it's starting to hit the problem some abridged stuff has where like half of it is just a serious fandub with barely any added jokes.

I feel like DBZA strikes a good balance; the jokes still service the plot that they are still semi-faithfully adapting.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I feel like you do at least have to have the plot, because a parody doesn't work unless it's also a working example of the thing it's parodying.

I've already determined by showing it to a friend that this abridgement makes no sense if you aren't familiar with F/SN already.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

I've determined that if I want to quickly charge my phone or play with it charging I have to use the outlet adapter, if it's plugged into my computer I get prompted whether to access my phone's storage device each time I wiggle the wire, and for some reason my desktop's USB port charges a lot slower than plugging it into the power bar on my desk.

Aside from the fact onboard USB ports don't supply much power (for obvious reasons), it sounds like your cable might be a bit broken and loses signal if you wiggle it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh. Is there any node where more than one Type X Eater can appear?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
No.

Better use those CEs that boost spawns.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Unfortunately those don't make more Type Xes spawn. :negative:

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
The Gil 5* CE that spawns Eater, however, also hits the Type X since it's an Eater.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Happy Mother's Day!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sylphid posted:

Man, fighting Kiara is like pulling teeth. I'm currently at turn 18 and I'm not even done with the first life bar. I mean, my front line is not the most impressive offensively (Astolfo, Mashu, and Merlin), but this is a long fight.

I literally could not even imagine fighting her without debuffing her to hell.

Turn 34: will lose and Quartz shortly. I was just thinking, would a team of Mashu, Merlin, and Tamamo, all at skill level 10 for all skills, let's say, be the tankiest team that ever tanked?

I feel like healing based parties are almost necessary for really long fights like this, since otherwise you end up losing through attrition (and there's no way to do a ton of damage against Kiara specifically unless you have access to multiple Alter Ego servants).

I was able to out-heal damage (and prevent her NP long enough to recharge Merlin's party invincibility) up until her last bar, which I was fortunately able to burn down, but I dont know what I would have done without at least Merlin and Tamamo (since I needed the latter to recharge Merlin's invincibility fast enough and speed up NP usage). I feel like I would have gotten whittled down by damage + the occasional NP I couldn't block otherwise.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Beat Kiara with Mashu/Support Merlin/Demiya/Dantes :toot:

Did end up fully debuffing her before I fought her though, so she wasn't too bad. Probably could have beat her without losing Emiya Alter, but I underestimated how much damage Kiara's NP would do with NP Power Up, even after Mashu's 1st Skill + Lord Camelot.

Also have to admit, it was beautiful watching my boy the Count demolishing Kiara's last HP bar in one critical brave chain. :allears:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yeah I lost the first time against Kiara with a more DPS oriented party because I hadn't realized you couldn't use Command Seals to revive, I thought getting all of the XP things let you do this unless I missed it (There's one 500 XP one I forgot to get but didn't realize until I beat her already).

And maaaaaaan, damnit Delight Works, if you're going to have both Shiki's as a final boss you might as well make her a Event Servant so I can use her instead of a support Jack!

Store is almost cleared, just silver XP cards to burn into free mana prisms and the Horse shoes left to go.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yeah I lost the first time against Kiara with a more DPS oriented party because I hadn't realized you couldn't use Command Seals to revive, I thought getting all of the XP things let you do this unless I missed it (There's one 500 XP one I forgot to get but didn't realize until I beat her already).

And maaaaaaan, damnit Delight Works, if you're going to have both Shiki's as a final boss you might as well make her a Event Servant so I can use her instead of a support Jack!

Store is almost cleared, just silver XP cards to burn into free mana prisms and the Horse shoes left to go.

You can use Command Seals / Quartz to revive if you buy everything from the Karma Shop.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's the strategy I used:

The support Melt the game gives you (though if you have one on your friendslist that has a great CE and at least NP 2, go for them)
Mash with any sort of defensive or survivability CE.
Anne & Mary Rider with Black Grail
Asterios (Kaleidoscope)
Lu Bu with Ideal of the Holy King (The Leo CE)
Mysterious Heroine X Alter (just green black keys)
Atlas mystic code in case she charms you

Turn 1:

Mash uses her first skill
Asterios uses his first two skills.
Melt does nothing

Try and gets Asterios some arts cards if your Kaleido isn't LB'd.

Turn 2:

Pop Asterios's NP.

Turn 3:

Melt uses her first and third skill, let Asterios die. Anne & Mary step in.

Turn 4:

Melt pops her NP (pop a command seal if she doesn't have it naturally).

Turn 5:

Melt pops her NP again (using a command seal)

Then let Anne & Mary get down to red health, have them use their NP, and it'll do like 600k or something stupid. Use Mashu's invinicibility buff on them if you have to to keep them alive/give them the NP they need.

Then finish with Lu Bu and Xalter. Pop a third command seal on either of them if you have to.

Replacements:

Anyone with a defense down NP can take Asterios's place. Helena, Mata Hari, whoever. That said, Asterios is a bronzie and has the best defense debuff, so he's easy to pull off and probably the best choice.
Anne & Mary are hard to replace due to how their NP works, but theoretically they're replaceable by anyone with a very strong single target NP.
Lu Bu and Xalter are just single target berserkers that can be replaced by any other single target berserker, or anyone with a very strong single target NP.

It does eat up three command seals though, so you have to be able to eyeball it and figure out if it'll work before you start popping them. If you want to do it without using command seals, some combination of Mashu/Hans/Waver/Merlin and a strong single target NP would probably work. I'd still recommend an Asterios somewhere in there, using the plug suit to swap him in to pop his NP before the nuke turns.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ungh. Down to the last two missions, ascending BB all the way (or is it just to 3rd ascension?) and the mission for completing the other 99 missions.

I suppose I could also do the Kiara rematch but frankly I'd rather not.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Ungh. Down to the last two missions, ascending BB all the way (or is it just to 3rd ascension?) and the mission for completing the other 99 missions.

I suppose I could also do the Kiara rematch but frankly I'd rather not.

It's only the third ascension, thankfully. On that note,

Mission accomplished. 3rd ascension was my last one.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Beaten kaira with berserker team. Still out damage her when she heals 5000 a turn. I think she also heal 15000 later? :v:

drat i forgot to check turn, but it is like 10 turns?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do we really have another week left (I'm not sure if the days left for missions is just referring to how long you can turn them in)? If so I should be fine, but otherwise I'll have some trouble finishing all the missions.

I find my biggest bottlenecks are currently class skill upgrade gems, money, and (strangely) experience cards. I have way more than enough of almost everything else, particularly class statues. Exp cards can be grinded, but it's actually hard to get enough to level servants up if you just do dailies using alotted stamina and don't blow some apples grinding.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's actually kind of weird how hard DW is starving players for skill gems, since they're ridiculously annoying to farm, while still being required in huge amounts, with skill levelling being as vital as it is

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I didn't believe that money could be a problem, but I've finally run out and must grind it for the first time since starting the game. Huh.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
On the other hand, i have like 400 gold apples.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Freak Futanari posted:

It's actually kind of weird how hard DW is starving players for skill gems, since they're ridiculously annoying to farm, while still being required in huge amounts, with skill levelling being as vital as it is

Yeah, the game shits out a million statues through events, but gives very few skill gems (I want to say that this event maybe gave no more than 10 of each class and type, and some events don't give any at all).

Even ascension items are pretty easy to come across provided you're willing to wait for events, with a few exceptions (like those medals required for some of the Round Table knights).

edit: I've gotten to where I never upgrade skills unless I'm really sure that I'm going to be using a servant in the long term and won't ever be replacing them (Mashu is the only one I've completely maxed out, since she'll never really be replaced). I hosed up early on and upgraded the skills of some servants I really shouldn't have, which ended up leaving me short later. I think this is because you get a bunch of skill gems from story quests (which are obviously just a single time deal) so I spent a bunch without thinking.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I didn't believe that money could be a problem, but I've finally run out and must grind it for the first time since starting the game. Huh.

It suddenly becomes an issue once you start doing the final several upgrades for skills, which can cost 5/10/20M each for 4/5* servants.

edit: I think that fully upgrading the skills of a single 5* servant ends up costing well over 100M gold.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 15, 2017

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Freak Futanari posted:

IIRC they expect you to max out like 6 servants a year. That's the so-called "item budget" they mentioned shortly before new year's.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Kyte posted:

IIRC they expect you to max out like 6 servants a year. That's the so-called "item budget" they mentioned shortly before new year's.

I guess the joke's on them, because in order to max 6 servants a year you need to have 6 servants worth maxing each year

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

joke's on them, i've maxed 30 servants in the past six months

*said while glancing at my army of bronzies*

i love you all

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
They should let us buy grails with Quartz so that we can make our own 5-stars instead of not getting anything good from the gacha ever

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Freak Futanari posted:

They should let us buy grails with Quartz so that we can make our own 5-stars instead of not getting anything good from the gacha ever

I'll vote for you.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Har, a grailed Passionlip actually has more attack than Melt.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Just me or is grinding QP from event coins not worth it?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Freak Futanari posted:

I feel like that would be a good business decision for them, but I wouldn't like it from a gameplay perspective I don't think. I kind of like how the limited grails make you think long and hard about who you want to make "special." The number they give you are enough to get quite a few 1-4* servants to level 80 or 90. I feel like grails are far more useful when used to make some non-5* servant more viable than to take a 5* from 90 to 100.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Grinding the QP from the event is generally not worth it, I think the exception was the crossover with Kara no Kyoukai?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The QP turnin's just there for either when you clear out the shop or when you have all the event items you want.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

IIRC what others mathed out, Lu Bu with double LB'd event CE plus +19 bonus is when you start getting equivalent returns.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Man, what the hell is happening? Rushed through the remainder of Camelot, cleared Babylonia and the final chapter, then managed to draw Melt and Suzuka Gozen with a few 10-summons, and then snatched up Passionlip and Kiara through one-draw tickets.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Har, the devs screwed up: when the boss battle Shiki turns into her saber self, she still takes extra damage from Alter Egos :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kyte posted:

IIRC what others mathed out, Lu Bu with double LB'd event CE plus +19 bonus is when you start getting equivalent returns.

It's still not worth it, because unlike some of the event enemies, the ones in the cash dailies don't do anything annoying other than crit you occasionally, assuming you arn't running a team that just NPs the lot of them off the board.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Har, the devs screwed up: when the boss battle Shiki turns into her saber self, she still takes extra damage from Alter Egos :v:

Free Quartz!!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Octuplet Twin Crystals are the worst material. Very low drop rate, and it seems every other Servant of mine needs the stupid things. DW really needs to put more of them in event stores.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I need loving chains. Both to finally finish ascending King Hassan, and also because I have several Servants that need them for skils (King Hassan again, also Nitocris and Gorgon).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I need plumes. :(