Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Max Awfuls posted:

The last time I saw JDS he looked like a shadow of his former self against Overeem. I know it is heavyweight and anything can happen, but has anything changed since then to show that Cain didn'ruin him for life and that Stipe isn't a fairly solid bet?

Well JDS beat Stipe shortly after being ruined by Cain the second time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Lloyd Boner posted:

Well JDS beat Stipe shortly after being ruined by Cain the second time

I know, but that's already three years ago and since then Stipe has been doing well while the only JDS fight I have seen since then was him looking like an 80 year old Rocky against Overeem. I didn't catch the Rothwell fight, so mainly my question was if in that one he looked better or if he was still stuck being the shambling ruin of a once great fighter.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Put a 20 on Joachim Christensen and Polo Reyes to play spoiler early in the night. LHW is a garbage fire and that fights probably more of a toss up against a brand new Russian and I like Polo Reyes' heart.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

What does JDS' new partner look like? Its important for betting.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

jase1 posted:

Hello friends, it's been awhile. I have mostly been betting on the NBA. Stipe is fighting tonight so I have to put money on my hometown homie.

5k on Stipe @ -135

5k on edgar at -115

5k on Maia @ -120

I shouldn't make fun of you if I have no money on the line, so I put $100 on JDS at +110.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Max Awfuls posted:

I know, but that's already three years ago and since then Stipe has been doing well while the only JDS fight I have seen since then was him looking like an 80 year old Rocky against Overeem. I didn't catch the Rothwell fight, so mainly my question was if in that one he looked better or if he was still stuck being the shambling ruin of a once great fighter.

people were saying rothwell was going to be the next heavyweight champion and then jds beat him soundly and looked in top form doing it. i havent seen any other jds fight except the ones with cain

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

people were saying rothwell was going to be the next heavyweight champion and then jds beat him soundly and looked in top form doing it. i havent seen any other jds fight except the ones with cain

His run to the title was terrifying and cool. He knocked out Go Horse with one punch in his UFC debut then went on to knock out or completely outclass every other opponent.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i put some dough on JDS, Frankie, and Gamebred. not particularly confident in any of these bets

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
20 euros bet on a parlay of Edgar, Maia, Joanna and Stipe to make 165 back.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
This is a fun card to bet on but i dont see a ton of value since the fights are all so evenly matched and there are no huge underdogs. Maybe Andrade if you can get +180ish. Good luck to those who bet

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
doubled up on masvidal, gently caress it lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skip My Posts posted:

Bold man. Good luck. I think Maia wins, though.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Skip My Posts posted:

ooo rootin for you

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

manyak posted:

This is a fun card to bet on but i dont see a ton of value since the fights are all so evenly matched and there are no huge underdogs. Maybe Andrade if you can get +180ish. Good luck to those who bet

Yeah.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Congrats jase1 on the first win of the night.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

This is cool.

Also, lol at me.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
If maia wins ill throw another 5k on stipe. My bookie is here with me tonight and is 2 fisting my expensive scotch after that asswhoopin. I have been on a hot streak after winning 11k on the cavs sweep.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
good start

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

2 for. Congrats again Jase1

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Upping the stipe bet to a total of 10k. Freerolling for 20k makes for a fun night!

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
bullshit decision

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

bullshit decision

i could have seen it either way man

goondolences

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nah maia won, masvidal did pretty well

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

jase1 posted:

If maia wins ill throw another 5k on stipe. My bookie is here with me tonight and is 2 fisting my expensive scotch after that asswhoopin. I have been on a hot streak after winning 11k on the cavs sweep.

Shame to throw all of your winnings away on a guy who is going to get KO'd

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Weird to see that Asian dude who managed Joanna in Jessica's corner now.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
NC on Alvarez, won on Edgar, Maia and Joanna C* so I put some cash on Stipe because I think perhaps maybe - just maybe - a HW will defend more than twice

Stipe will prob lose

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

oh poo poo I got jase on my side tonight

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

he's walking out to the music of a guy that lost

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

old.flv posted:

NC on Alvarez, won on Edgar, Maia and Joanna C* so I put some cash on Stipe because I think perhaps maybe - just maybe - a HW will defend more than twice

Stipe will prob lose

This will be his second defense, so if anything it'd be the next fight he's guaranteed to lose.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

old.flv posted:

he's walking out to the music of a guy that lost

He's gone through the entire Rocky scenarios catalogue already, all that's left is for some Russian guy to kill one of the Nogs in an exhibition match.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Max Awfuls posted:

He's gone through the entire Rocky scenarios catalogue already, all that's left is for some Russian guy to kill one of the Nogs in an exhibition match.

It would have to be Cain to be more accurate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Max Awfuls posted:

Olexsky Olinyk just got a phone call from Dana.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Congrats Jase1

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

jase1 posted:

Upping the stipe bet to a total of 10k. Freerolling for 20k makes for a fun night!

drat dude

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

CLEVELAND MOTHERFUCKERS!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

jase1 posted:

Could I borrow $100?

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Mr. Nice! posted:

Congrats Jase1

Nice. Grats.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Extremely good

NickRoweFillea