Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

does anyone have tag2 on ps3 and would like to occasionally gently caress around in it before t7 comes out? Preferably east coast but w/e ill play anyone that isnt brosnan because he isnt fun to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Something that is to be noted wrt that Tekken 7 tier list is that even Chloe has seen tournament play, and a lot of charcters in B Tier are common sights in Tourneys. Pick who you want, there are no 3s Chun-Li's here

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Tekken 7 pools at Battle Arena Melbourne are about to start. Saint and JDCR are there, so there should be some good matches. Australia has some pretty good players thanks to our arcade scene too. https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcoeurope

I couldn't make it to this tournament so I'm just watching. 😭

Luna Was Here posted:

Something that is to be noted wrt that Tekken 7 tier list is that even Chloe has seen tournament play, and a lot of charcters in B Tier are common sights in Tourneys. Pick who you want, there are no 3s Chun-Li's here

Chloe is legit and a fun character. I hated her when first I saw the reveal, but after playing 7 she grew on me.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I played jinpachi in TT2, dunno who if anyone in this game is similar. Failing that I can't wait to join the akuma army watch as people parkinsons wavedash past my fireballs.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

boxcarhobo posted:

does anyone have tag2 on ps3 and would like to occasionally gently caress around in it before t7 comes out? Preferably east coast but w/e ill play anyone that isnt brosnan because he isnt fun to play

Ay man gently caress you

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyColdbloodedKimchiLitFam

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
what is actually in the season pass, the description is vague as heck

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Extra single player mode
2 dlc characters from different game franchises
Costumes

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Two unannounced guest characters and an unannounced game mode at some point. Believe there's suppose to be a bunch of additional costumes too.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If the surprise game mode is Tekken Ball I'm gonna JF S Harada's D.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
what if it's tekken force

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Story Mode is already the evolution of Tekken Force, would be kinda redundant.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
So youre saying dont get it

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
In general I think season passes are dumb so unless you're diehard (me in this case), there doesn't seem like much reason to get it until we actually know what the specific content will be.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

There's also no savings on buying the deluxe edition or season pass now instead of later unless they bump the price, so there's really no reason to get it in advance.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Top 8 at Battle Arena Melbourne is about to start, first match is JDCR vs Saint. https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcoeurope

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

So youre saying dont get it

Don't get it, i'm sure that the extra 2 characters and the extra mode will be separate dlc as well if you really want them. This is coming from a dude who got the deluxe version before knowing it was only two extra characters.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is there like an even more basic guide than the basic guide posted in the OP? I'm not a fighting games person so I don't understand all this talk about "yomi your opponent to crush their okizeme" jargon and just want to casually punchmans but also still would like to get just a little more proficient than "randomly press buttons" :saddowns:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Your Computer posted:

Is there like an even more basic guide than the basic guide posted in the OP? I'm not a fighting games person so I don't understand all this talk about "yomi your opponent to crush their okizeme" jargon and just want to casually punchmans but also still would like to get just a little more proficient than "randomly press buttons" :saddowns:

Consult the fight game glossary.

Yoming someones okizeme means playing mind games with them when they get off the ground

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.
Yomi my okizeme rear end.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

The in-game tutorial will probably suit your needs

And if you want a basic introduction to fighting games in terms of "what should I actually be trying to do when I'm playing?" this video is a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4

The 2 main concepts (controlling space and pressing the advantage) are core to basically every fighting game, T7 included. you'll hear "okizime" or "oki" in reference to Tekken a lot, and all that means is specifically pressing the advantage after you knock the opponent down.

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 14, 2017

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
I've read that bound has been removed but in the videos i've watched the moves that would have bounded in the past seem to produce a similar animation and in other videos i've seen combos result from picking the person back up.

What's changed, functionally?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rookoo posted:

I've read that bound has been removed but in the videos i've watched the moves that would have bounded in the past seem to produce a similar animation and in other videos i've seen combos result from picking the person back up.

What's changed, functionally?

Certain moves cause a new state called "screw" where the opponent spins 360 in the air and lands with their legs pointing up. It's similar to bound because you can only get 1 per combo and it lets you keep a combo going off the ground, but I think it's more limited in terms of how long the combos after can be.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Also, compared to Bound, more stage carry in combos but you can't really use them to extend combos at walls.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
In retrospect it was pretty dumb that you could B! people from wallsplat in TTT2 and just do a gang beatdown in the corner, so the screw thing is probably a pretty good replacement. Also means good bnbs are also automatically decent wall carry.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Will this game have custom soundtracks like TT2? I really miss when tekken had actual variety instead of every single song being dubstep/D&B of varying quality

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

darealkooky posted:

Will this game have custom soundtracks like TT2? I really miss when tekken had actual variety instead of every single song being dubstep/D&B of varying quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv2p3dNC32c

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

tekken 6 had great music, yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsB14OVlcrs

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
You do know that the guy that composed that has been in charge of Tekken music for like 10 years right? Including T7.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

It's so hosed up that only PS4 is getting the jukebox mode.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Some of these new tracks for the console version are sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPLxkMd35g0

Dog Hausu posted:

It's so hosed up that only PS4 is getting the jukebox mode.

Yo what explain more

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Some of these new tracks for the console version are sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPLxkMd35g0

Yo what explain more

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/01/23/tekken-7-hits-ps4-on-2nd-june-watch-the-epic-new-trailer/

quote:

Tekken 7 will feature exclusive content on PlayStation 4: a Jukebox mode will allow you to create playlists composed of songs from previous games in the series and listen to them while playing the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cant live without jukebox mode

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I can do that in the PC version, right now, without even having the game

also isn't jukebox mode missing KNOCKEMDOWN, loving RIP

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Knocc*

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

So...How important is frame data to Tekken

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smoking Crow posted:

depends on how good you wanna be. If you wanna be really good it's really important.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Babe Magnet posted:

I can do that in the PC version, right now, without even having the game

also isn't jukebox mode missing KNOCKEMDOWN, loving RIP

If they put knocc 'em down in Tekken 7, it must also come with the music video that shows exactly how no party involving fighting videogames goes down, in any house, ever.

If they can't do that, then this is for the best

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Smoking Crow posted:

Pretty important for learning to punish, but you don't need to know the frame data for all of your moves. Just learn the best punishes for your char and start learning what they work on from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO4SKdyO8xI