Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dwarf74 posted:

I just pulled a Sima Yi off challenge stones. Seems kind of great for DAthena. However, I rarely see him mentioned. Is it just that he's not as good as ReHaku?

Nothing is as good as RHaku because RHaku is simply busted as hell due to being Gungho's waifu. I use Sima Yi as a sub in my D.Athena team (and as my alt's leader now), he's not super amazing but he's absolutely good enough to use if you aren't one of those jerks with 3+ Hakus.

Thanks to the evo rush popping up earlier I was able to evo my alt's Sima Yi and Sheena as well as get the mats for Cruse who needs xp so I can evolve them which gives them devil typing and a TPA, allowing them to actually be useful for damage. Carrying them through the descended challenge levels before that ends as well though even when my main team is up, the lack of the extra 2x damage that a 2nd D.Athena lead would give is noticeable in that I actually have to put some effort in to combos if I want to kill 6+ million HP stuff in a single turn.

DaveWoo posted:

So... what should I be doing with all these Killer Latents I'm getting? Which ones should I be putting on my DAthena? (I'm guessing God Killer is out because of Sopdet, and Balanced/Devil because of Parvati, but I'm not sure about the rest.)

Physical killer(s) for Seiryuu is popular, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
My coop partner also booted their third Haku for Sima Yi. Seems to be a very popular decision.

I tried to get a Sima Yi to replace the Revo Pandora on my DAth team but no dice this time around. I'm basically deciding between Revo panda who does very mediocre damage or a dark cecil who has a useless base active and all right damage. Might just try the other Lumiel ult when it comes out.

Pondering it for a bit now. Think I'll just farm up a Hino the next time it's around and go with that /wrists

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 07:57 on May 15, 2017

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.
I have a decent DAthena team (RHaku/RPersephone and other goodies depending) But I'm not good with assists and don't have most of the ones mentioned.
I have nothing for binds... what do you guys do?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Chest3r posted:

I have a decent DAthena team (RHaku/RPersephone and other goodies depending) But I'm not good with assists and don't have most of the ones mentioned.
I have nothing for binds... what do you guys do?

I don't think people really worry about binds on DAth - she's tanky, bind immune herself and has a delay.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
DAthena pals who have both Durga and A.Okuni who do you use as your SBR pal? I'm leaning towards Durga more since her multiplier is higher, the Athena LS mitigates the fact it drops you to 1HP, and most bosses have immune shield to kick Okuni in the nuts.

I wouldn't normally ask but I didn't realise we had the +15 PAL event, and spent all my palpoints on enhance mats last week. I'm in +egg poverty right now. :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

Are any monsters in this game uglier than Sea Serpent? I mean, the Light Cyberdragon Valhalla is close.

grimrock

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

pookel posted:

Wait, what are sub boxes?

I use favoriting for specific stuff I'm using on a team or something, I pretty much never feed anything on accident so I'm not worried about that.

Currently I seem to be doing much better with Apocalypse dragons than with Odin blue guys, is this going to change at higher levels? I have a hard time doing enough damage with the blue team.

Also I currently have the green Baron on most of my teams, because maxed guard break is great at my level, but I assume later on I'll have a better way to get through defenses, yeah?

You're using a weaker evolution of Blue Odin, and should be teaming with Meridionalis. Once you do that you will get waaaaaaaaaay more damage than Apocalypse. Later on there are many ways to deal with high defense cards, green Barron is pretty trash.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pierson posted:

DAthena pals who have both Durga and A.Okuni who do you use as your SBR pal? I'm leaning towards Durga more since her multiplier is higher, the Athena LS mitigates the fact it drops you to 1HP, and most bosses have immune shield to kick Okuni in the nuts.
I, uh... use Loki :shobon:

With a jewel girl inherited, to handle the situations where I need a spike. But I'd use Durga if I didn't have him.

What's the best way to farm SDR? Ideally solo with DAthena rather than coop with ALB, I'm lazy and at work.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

trucutru posted:

He's a top-tier sub. That skill is great because it doesn't get rid of hearts, combos with Haku, and removes locks. Great awakenings, with two fingers and a solid body. I run one in JP instead of a third haku, he also helps doing a bit extra damage to Ilsix and can inherit any killer.
Cool. Good to hear he works out. I am torn between running him as-is for the fingers, or inheriting him on top of a Haku...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nothing is as good as RHaku because RHaku is simply busted as hell due to being Gungho's waifu. I use Sima Yi as a sub in my D.Athena team (and as my alt's leader now), he's not super amazing but he's absolutely good enough to use if you aren't one of those jerks with 3+ Hakus.
I don't have 3 hakus. I have 4. And I think I sold 1-2 at various points. I never thought I'd be happy that GungHo kept throwing Hakus at me for a solid year.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

change my name posted:

Dathena is making those last few technicals I'd been stuck on a breeze. I don't think it's even possible to beat the 8 twin dragon one (Sea of Stars) without having like 3 delays on your team?

It's definitely possible. I don't remember if I used Myr or Bastet for that dungeon, but at most I had a single one-turn delay, more likely none at all.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
The best solo teams for SDR are Ilm/Ilmina/Minerva and Leader Tsubaki, both of which is in large part due to how stupidly good/broken Dragonkiller TSubBaki is in that dungeon. Critical actives are GrOdin, Poison/Delay and Spike.

Great subs for either team:
TSubBaki (obviously, two is best, one is fine)
NY Yamato/Leilan
ACaoCao
XMas Hatsume
Napoleon
Laila
ROdin/ROTamazo
Gadius
Elgenubi

If you have a Silk to inherit it just goes absolutely apeshit for a Tsubaki team. All of this is slightly less true for Krishna but still (probably) works. I haven't tried it, due to enjoying Tsubaki, but it seems like it should.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 15, 2017

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

Pierson posted:

I wouldn't normally ask but I didn't realise we had the +15 PAL event, and spent all my palpoints on enhance mats last week. I'm in +egg poverty right now. :(

I switched to Durga after trying out aokuni for a while. Okuni's damage compared to the rest of the team is really lackluster whereas Durga is a bit closer. I like okuni's skill better than Durga's but most of the time I'm stalling for my gemstone anyways and using that instead.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

change my name posted:

Dathena is making those last few technicals I'd been stuck on a breeze. I don't think it's even possible to beat the 8 twin dragon one (Sea of Stars) without having like 3 delays on your team?

I did it with a ReNeptune team for some ungodly reason, no delays, it worked but never again

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Read posted:

I don't think people really worry about binds on DAth - she's tanky, bind immune herself and has a delay.
As a Ra Dragon fan, having a bindable team drives me absolutely bonkers.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TheQuietWilds posted:

The best solo teams for SDR are Ilm/Ilmina/Minerva and Leader Tsubaki, both of which is in large part due to how stupidly good/broken Dragonkiller TSubBaki is in that dungeon. Critical actives are GrOdin, Poison/Delay and Spike.

Great subs for either team:
This is like a giant list of things I have sitting in my box. Well, not the entire list, but I can do Ilm, Minerva, 2 Tsubaki, Napoleon, Rodin, 2 Gadius - and also LGadius - and/or Elgenubi.

How do I deal with resolve idiot on floor three? Looks like Ilm leads with two Tsubakis will handle the rest just fine. No Silk to inherit, but I don't even know if I need a spike with two dragonmurdering subs.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How do I deal with resolve idiot on floor three? Looks like Ilm leads with two Tsubakis will handle the rest just fine. No Silk to inherit, but I don't even know if I need a spike with two dragonmurdering subs.

Well, remember the part where he said poison/delay is a critical active?

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

isndl posted:

Wait what are you trying to farm exactly?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They're talking about Special Descended Rush to farm skill delay resist tamas.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

TheQuietWilds posted:

You're using a weaker evolution of Blue Odin, and should be teaming with Meridionalis. Once you do that you will get waaaaaaaaaay more damage than Apocalypse. Later on there are many ways to deal with high defense cards, green Barron is pretty trash.
Ooh, thanks for pointing this out. I'd forgotten there was another Odin option - I ult'd him early when I only had the materials for the first one.

I haven't yet seen anyone with a Meridonalis, but I'll keep an eye out. Thanks.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is like a giant list of things I have sitting in my box. Well, not the entire list, but I can do Ilm, Minerva, 2 Tsubaki, Napoleon, Rodin, 2 Gadius - and also LGadius - and/or Elgenubi.

Ilm+Tsubaki(GrOdin)/Tsubaki(Fenrir)/ROdin/Gadius should work. ROdin can be gfe or tamazo version. Odin draws/resists the bind on floor one and poisons the resolve guy. GrOdin+Fenrir get rid of all of Linthia's garbage debuffs. Three full boards for anything you can't combo your way through. Full activation should really be all you need to clear anything but the top floor, which will almost certainly get dusted by an Ilm board.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So, I know what the ~beep boop~ optimal team is for Revo Kushi is. And that seems to be what 90% what people want to post about. What are some good non-optimal subs? Cause I have her, although not REvoed yet but I'd like to use her.

HEre is my PAD Herder if it helps, its about 90% up to date.

http://www.padherder.com/user/vulturesrow/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dwarf74 posted:

Cool. Good to hear he works out. I am torn between running him as-is for the fingers, or inheriting him on top of a Haku...

I don't have 3 hakus. I have 4. And I think I sold 1-2 at various points. I never thought I'd be happy that GungHo kept throwing Hakus at me for a solid year.

Jerk. Gimme those Hakus. :mad:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Evil Fluffy posted:

Jerk. Gimme those Hakus. :mad:
Well, on the flipside, the only Meimei I ever got was a chibi version. I mean, this doesn't make it even, but for a while - during the Awoken Bastet phase - I was super annoyed about it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

vulturesrow posted:

So, I know what the ~beep boop~ optimal team is for Revo Kushi is. And that seems to be what 90% what people want to post about. What are some good non-optimal subs? Cause I have her, although not REvoed yet but I'd like to use her.

HEre is my PAD Herder if it helps, its about 90% up to date.

http://www.padherder.com/user/vulturesrow/

Just drop your best healers in there. Seems to me that in your case it's blue stuff. So Sunquan, Famiel. I&I , U&Y, Gabriel, Amon, etc. Then you inherit skills like like Mori's or Urd's on top of some of them. Best subs among those are the ones that have prongs, so that you can hit harder.

e: This guide has a good list of subs for each color: https://eveningpad.wordpress.com/2017/05/06/reincarnated-kushinadahime/

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 15, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

isndl posted:

Don't worry, it's me, the guy who read "54% resolve" and also thought he had a preemptive status shield. Rodin will work just fine.

TheQuietWilds posted:

Ilm+Tsubaki(GrOdin)/Tsubaki(Fenrir)/ROdin/Gadius should work. ROdin can be gfe or tamazo version. Odin draws/resists the bind on floor one and poisons the resolve guy. GrOdin+Fenrir get rid of all of Linthia's garbage debuffs. Three full boards for anything you can't combo your way through. Full activation should really be all you need to clear anything but the top floor, which will almost certainly get dusted by an Ilm board.
Linthia herself will get rid of half the garbage debuffs if you bring an Ilm and give her a turn alive :ssh:

e: actually that might be false, does light/fire skyfall overwrite jammer skyfall? time to find out!

(but yeah you do have to bring GrOdin to clear her absorb bind)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 15, 2017

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hi, new to PAD here. I rerolled a few times and ended up with Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin. My Friend ID is 344,720,493, Guesswork_SA on padherder. Is there anything that I should not do to avoid loving myself up right off the bat?

Chard fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 15, 2017

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Chard posted:

Hi, new to PAD here. I rerolled a few times and ended up with Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin. My Friend ID is 344,720,493, Guesswork_SA on padherder. Is there anything that I should not do to avoid loving myself up right off the bat?

General starting advice: Favorite any rare egg machine pulls you do. Roll the gently caress out of all your pal points this week to get a ton of +eggs (even if you can't afford to fuse them all yet, buy box space). Don't spend stones on the rare egg machine outside of godfests. Add lots of goon friends and use them to clear content.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Chard posted:

Major points:

1. Favorite everything you pull from the Rare Egg Machine or Collab
2. With that said, only roll from the REM when there is a Godfest. You can ignore most collabs for now.
3. ROLL the current Pal Egg Machine as much as possible right now. Those +egg mons can be some quality subs for a newbie, plus when you're done with them, the +egg bonus will help.
4. Get up to Rank 67 asap, you want to be able to do the 48 stam gift dungeon every day for the 5555 monster points. You can do this by running Snow Globe gift dungeon with a Ganesha friend and then running the EXP of a lifetime dungeon with a Ganesha friend.
5. From there, get a hang of the game by running Normal dungeons.
6. Save stones! Run dungeons that will give you stones such as the freebie dungeons that we are getting right now.

Kuros fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 15, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's not a lot you can do wrong tbh. don't sell your rare egg machine pulls unless you have multiples of them. also don't roll outside of godfests since your chances of getting anything decent are abysmal outside of those, plus there are godfest exclusives that are really good

I wouldn't spend stones on restoring stamina or on continuing failed dungeon attempts either, personally, but it's up to you. maybe it's worth it if you're willing to sink money into the game but eh

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Man there's a lot going on here. For favoriting monsters, is that the little on/off rainbow flag toggle in the top-right of their info screen? Also is it a Godfest right now? The news tab says it is but I'm don't see the text on the machine.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Godfest ended. The next one will probably be in about two weeks.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Yeah Godfests typically happen on the last day and first day of the month and then a weekend near the middle of the month.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Next Godfest needs to be a PCGF so that everyone can vote for their favorite D.Athena subs. :buddy:

e: And maybe Liu Bei.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Evil Fluffy posted:

Next Godfest needs to be a PCGF so that everyone can vote for their favorite D.Athena subs. :buddy:

e: And maybe Liu Bei.
PCGF has been on May 31 the last two years so maybe the voting site will pop up this week

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Chard posted:

Man there's a lot going on here. For favoriting monsters, is that the little on/off rainbow flag toggle in the top-right of their info screen? Also is it a Godfest right now? The news tab says it is but I'm don't see the text on the machine.

Yes, the rainbow flag toggle is Favorite toggle. It's not a Godfest right now, it just passed. The news tab will have the dates of the godfest as well.

iPodschun posted:

PCGF has been on May 31 the last two years so maybe the voting site will pop up this week

I believe the KR server just got their poll for PCGF up.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

PCGF has been pretty lovely last time (two times?) around though. Buncha GFEs voted in at lovely rates, IIRC

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nosre posted:

PCGF has been pretty lovely last time (two times?) around though. Buncha GFEs voted in at lovely rates, IIRC

yea but last time everyone was chasing stuff like kaede and dkali. like kaede was first place, wasn't she?

this time it's gonna be hakus all the way down

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can I vote for Fire Myr?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Chard posted:

Also join the pad goon discord https://discord.gg/E7ac2 to get help in real time, whether that be carries through content you wouldn't normally be able to get to as a newbie or just team advice.

I sent you a friend invite as EvilKitSA, Karin was my starter roll as well and I'd love an excuse to play through content with her again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nosre posted:

PCGFs are lovely, since people chase the 6*s (and for good reason) and now you have like 20+ GFEs available at any regular godfest. So, in the end, it is like rolling in a sub-par godfest where you have a really loving good pantheon, fewer than average 6* GFEs, and no 5* GFEs as consolation prizes.

My guess for top 15:

Haku, Kushi, LiuBei, Loki, Indra, Orochi, Anubis (if US players have half a brain) plus

D.Kali, Fujin, Raijin, Ryune, Ilm, Rodin & Escha(they always get in), Kanna. All 6*, all the time.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 16, 2017