Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I have this theory that goons make up more of the audience for Bayformers and David Cage games than they know, due entirely to perverse hatewatching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Gyges posted:

Why did you guys even watch all those Transformers?

I get drunk and go to the midnight showing of every transformers movie. The crowds they attract make it worth it and more entertaining that it should be.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Is there any place online to listen to the first WHM episode? It's not on their website.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I have this theory that goons make up more of the audience for Bayformers and David Cage games than they know, due entirely to perverse hatewatching.

It takes so much work to appreciate David Cage, at that point you could stop lying to yourself and just admit you like it.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It takes so much work to appreciate David Cage, at that point you could stop lying to yourself and just admit you like it.
I don't know if it actually takes that much to appreciate a David Cage game. His stuff is always at least interesting. I think actually liking his stuff is the hard part.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

clown shoes posted:

Is there any place online to listen to the first WHM episode? It's not on their website.

There used to be. It's just Wired but with lovely audio quality and no jokes.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

weekly font posted:

Yeah, they redid it as episode 35 with the experience needed to make a good podcast.

Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

Is the new franchise they're tackling Transformers? That's all I got when you mention Ruff (Shia) LaBuff.

there is the other big Shia franchise Holes

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Isn't Holes the sequel to Hole?

Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Are you serious? Chinese and Taiwanese directors have made dozens and dozens of great (though chauvinist) action films, epics, etc.

Both Shanghai films (Cowboy and Knights) are produced by American studios

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Yep, that's the one. It's like they decided 75 9/11s wasn't enough and decided they needed to add 75 9/11 jumpers too.

I don't think so, just permanently disabled and blinded one. Which is so much better.

I thought they decapitated her? Or whatever the term is for when the top of your skull comes off. Can you survive that happening to you? That definitely seems worse. :ohdear:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

weekly font posted:

I'm surprised Wired doesn't come up on their "worst movies ever" list. It's offensively horrible.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm surprised Wired doesn't come up on their "worst movies ever" list. It's offensively horrible.

Great episode, too, still one of their best.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

clown shoes posted:

Isn't Holes the sequel to Hole?
Head Like A Holes

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I thought they decapitated her? Or whatever the term is for when the top of your skull comes off. Can you survive that happening to you? That definitely seems worse. :ohdear:

Can't find any specific mentions of the exact injuries the woman suffered, but she survived apparently, though with severe brain damage, and mental impairment - at least, according to some articles I dredged up.

[e]: Ah, didn't even think to wiki it :doh:
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 14, 2017

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

^^^^
According to Wikipedia

quote:

Due to a failed weld, a steel cable snapped from a car being towed and hit the extra's car, damaging her skull. The extra, identified as Gabriela Cedillo, had to undergo brain surgery.[59] The injury has left her permanently brain-damaged, paralyzed on her left side and her left eye stitched shut.

Gyges posted:

Why did you guys even watch all those Transformers?

The first was morbid curiosity and childhood fandom. I didn't hate it, but felt no desire to see the others. 2 and 3 were Rifftrax viewings, and after finding out how long the 4th was, gently caress that, riffing or no.

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 14, 2017

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

The Highlander cartoon is some woefully animated poo poo. Should make a fantastic episode.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Should we send the podcast the massive Transformers exegesis that's been posted on this subforum? It's a close-watch that's really transformed how I view the movies, and it's now in PDF.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 15, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Last weekend I watched Mac and Me, because it was on Comet on a lazy Saturday afternoon. I need time to speed up.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I just watched the clip from Transformers 3 where Optimus Prime is getting the poo poo beaten out of him by Leonard Nimoy bot, then gets the upper hand and literally blows his brains out, then Megatron, who had saved him, offers a truce, to which Prime says "nope" and loving murders him too. I have no idea who these movies are for, the combination of idiot baby toys with loud ugly action complete with robots being basically disemboweled is such a weird match.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tender Bender posted:

I just watched the clip from Transformers 3 where Optimus Prime is getting the poo poo beaten out of him by Leonard Nimoy bot, then gets the upper hand and literally blows his brains out, then Megatron, who had saved him, offers a truce, to which Prime says "nope" and loving murders him too. I have no idea who these movies are for, the combination of idiot baby toys with loud ugly action complete with robots being basically disemboweled is such a weird match.

I've learned that if you want a good Transformers movie, just watch the original one. Sadly my 25th anniversary DVD seems to have succumbed to some kind of degradation making it unplayable half way through (on both wide and full screen versions, there's a highly visible discoloration along round sections of the outside of the disc). Luckily I still have my old Rhino DVD release which still works fine.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Optimus in the show and comics used to have compassion? He tried to save people and wanted to bring bad guys to justice and poo poo? What a pussy! He totally should have just blown everyone away like a MAN does! That's how you make a franchise appeal to the grown-up fans!"

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The first was morbid curiosity and childhood fandom. I didn't hate it, but felt no desire to see the others. 2 and 3 were Rifftrax viewings, and after finding out how long the 4th was, gently caress that, riffing or no.

Years ago I tried to watch the Rifftrax of 3 but couldn't make it passed the first half hour because of Shia being a whiny child and the non stop up skirt shots of his model girlfriend.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I saw Transformers 2 in theatres and wanted to die during that hour-long final battle.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Deleter posted:

I saw Transformers 2 in theatres and wanted to die during that hour-long final battle.

My girlfriend at the time made me watch the DVD. I think I fell asleep, and never wanted to see another Transformers as long as I lived

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I've only watched Transformers 1 at a friends house, and he just FF and rewound to all the cool action parts over and over. I figure I got enough out of them movie that way.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Dark of the Moon has a pretty dope invasion of Chicago scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPwTkJYoOMU&t=40s

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The Transformers films are pretty good evidence of nerd misogyny, because it gave us three films worth of Shia Labeouf and five films worth of Michael Bay, and people still somehow zeroed in on two films of Megan Fox's nothing love interest as the reason it sucked.

Somehow

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Tender Bender posted:

The second film also has Optimus ripping off the bad guy's face before offing him. That robit has some issues.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Pops Mgee posted:

The second film also has Optimus ripping off the bad guy's face before offing him. That robit has some issues.

"Give me your face" is without a doubt the creepiest line a hero has ever said in a movie.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tender Bender posted:

It gets worse. In 4 (Age of Extinction) he forces the Dinobots at swordpoint to fight on his side. Like there's a long fight where he's basically yelling "I'M TRYING TO SAVE YOU" while beating the poo poo out of Grimlock (who of course doesn't have his idiosyncratic speech patterns and thus is indistinguishable from any other of these walking hunks of metal that look like a knife store exploded) and then goes "JOIN OR DIE" while threatening to behead him. Naturally they do, and the Autobots are all like "Man Optimus is so awesome" when he literally press-ganged/conscripted a bunch of robots into their war. It's a really big departure from "Freedom is the right of all Sentient Beings". Of course as has been pointed out, Bayformer Optimus is an unhinged psychopath. 4 is the worst-rated Transformers film yet still the 16th highest grossing movie of all time. Who is watching these? The only reason I know about the scene I mentioned is because I worked at a Best Buy for a time and that was the movie they played in front of the Magnolia Home Theater department for what felt like 2 months straight.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 15, 2017

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is this the longest people have posted about how boring and lovely the Transformers movies are without someone coming in and explaining why they're "interesting" and how Bay is an auteur?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Drunkboxer posted:

Is this the longest people have posted about how boring and lovely the Transformers movies are without someone coming in and explaining why they're "interesting" and how Bay is an auteur?

Man I think these movies are lovely and boring and I haven't seen one since the first, but this pre-emptive grumpiness about the very idea that someone might have an alternative opinion is never not vaguely annoying.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Angry_Ed posted:

Who is watching these?

Me. These things are in the same category of hilarious trainwreck as Resident Evil for me.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

END ME SCOOB posted:

Me. These things are in the same category of hilarious trainwreck as Resident Evil for me.

Mafia account confirmed

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I've seen all the Transformer movies because they were all part of Ntflix/Amazon Prime at some point. Each film is pretty much 10-15 minutes of entertaining stuff wrapped in 2 1/2 - 3 hours of poo poo. They're basically a huge turd with one M & M in it.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Man I miss when somebody low-key posted the new episode 2 days early in the back catalogue.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

END ME SCOOB posted:

The Resident Evil movies take way way longer to get interesting. The series is worthess until like, the fourth one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Deleter posted:

I think seeing Transformers 2 in IMAX is one of my biggest cases of buyer's remorse I've had at a movie theater in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Steve singing Stand out of nowhere in the new episode killed me.