Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

alf_pogs posted:

if you caught this week's untucked, it really comes to the fore. shea - and just about all the other queens - has had enough of nina's poo poo!

Oh, I did. I mentioned earlier that her attitude, and Shea reading her to filth on it was kinda a wakeup call for how my own negative self-image colors my interactions with others, and I need to stop that poo poo.

...So I start by declaring the person I identified with the villain of the series. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Oh, I did. I mentioned earlier that her attitude, and Shea reading her to filth on it was kinda a wakeup call for how my own negative self-image colors my interactions with others, and I need to stop that poo poo.

...So I start by declaring the person I identified with the villain of the series. :suicide:

haha oh no! apologies, new to the thread, but in for the love of drag race until the bitter end.

also i just stumbled onto Valentina synching 'Yes Sir I Can Boogie' and it's saved my monday

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

the escape goat posted:

Alexis in the back practicing her lipsync, noticing that something was happening, and pulling out her earbuds had me cackling.
That deserves to go down as an all-time classic Drag Race moment. It was perfect, especially with the She-Hulk getup. (Accurate, Trinity.)

alf_pogs posted:

shea - and just about all the other queens - has had enough of nina's poo poo!
Shea is such a goddamned saint that if she's had it, you know it's been REAL bad.

I totally thought Nina had gotten a little ways past her bullshit before I saw Untucked. Whoopsie.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
for some reason I came into this season really not liking shea and having a real sympathetic streak for nina but now I want shea to win and nina to just gently caress off already

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
not that her looks haven't been goddamned INCREDIBLE but I can't remember the last time I had this level of animosity towards a queen, let alone one who I shared so many traits with

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Not even the one that didn't go to the reunion in the last all star cycle?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tired Moritz posted:

Not even the one that didn't go to the reunion in the last all star cycle?

Fifi right? I spent the entire all stars season kind of laughing at her trying to redeem herself for being a shady bitch by.... being a shady bitch

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nina's incredibly frustrating because all her problems are so self-inflicted. hell, even her direct competition in the race have supported and cheered her on, and all they've gotten in return is a big fat load of hooey. i think she really deserves a redemption edit in an all-star season sometime. at least Alexis' style of villainy is vainglorious and bombastic in a way that is fun to watch. long live the Incredible Sulk!

also i love Valentina, she's still my favourite from this season, cracks and all. i can't remember the context, but when she responded to a situation by saying "escandalo!" it laid me out cold. love her. her and Trinity are my big crushes, but i'm more than happy to see Sasha, Shea and Peppermint continue to dominate.

also this year Untucked > Main Event

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

Eight Dollars posted:

Farrah confirmed on Instagram that it was Nina. Apparently she hasn't left a note the whole season?

Well, at least she's consistent. I hope Nina gets out of her own way but she is pouting on my last nerve.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Sasha's Michelle is so Jersey she named her second kid "White Flight" joke had my jaw hit the ground, good loving god

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Noise Machine posted:

Sasha's Michelle is so Jersey she named her second kid "White Flight" joke had my jaw hit the ground, good loving god

:same:

I couldn't believe the crowd didn't come with her on that one! And then she pulled it back out of the dive and they laughed with her at the flop and it was amazing.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

alf_pogs posted:

also this year Untucked > Main Event

It astonishes me how much this is true this season. I skimmed through the workroom scenes, got bored with the Roast half way through, skipped straight to the critiques/lipsync, went back to see Peppermint's roast since it was apparently actually good (and it was) and then immediately went to watch Untucked which was immediately awesome all the way through and could have kept going if the queens didn't need to get back on stage. Nina and Val kiki'ing. Nina going full LaGanja Estranja. Shea having NONE OF IT. Trinity freaking out with her eyes. Alexis freaking out about lipsyncing and then stopping to eavesdrop on the drama. Dang.

Are different people editing the main show versus Untucked again? Because the quality difference is just night and day.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
http://fusion.kinja.com/rupauls-drag-races-valentina-on-latina-excellence-in-th-1795166439

gently caress it, I am now head over heels in love with Valentina.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

That's a really good interview. She's so amazing.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that information about her performance background and education explains a lot about how she has such a developed aesthetic and so much confidence for a relatively new queen. It sounds like she's been working on being Valentina since she was in the womb; it was just ten months ago that she put on the clothes.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm a big fan of Justin Sayre from his many appearances on SiriusXM's OutQ :rip:, and while I never saw his show The Meeting* in person I was so excited that they were broadcasting the final shows live on YouTube last night.

Well, She. Went. In. on this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI378Kb7DDI&t=1013s

I died, came back to life, and then died again.

(Later in the stream: "Elaine Stritch or a goat?")

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

The bachelorette party seems to be taking an awful loving lot of liberties with Val's personal space.

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

Trig Discipline posted:

The bachelorette party seems to be taking an awful loving lot of liberties with Val's personal space.

No kidding! The lack of respect was just embarrassing, but Valentina handled it like a complete professional. That lip sync is incredible though, proof that a killer performance doesn't necessarily mean acrobatics and stunts.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm a big fan of Justin Sayre from his many appearances on SiriusXM's OutQ :rip:, and while I never saw his show The Meeting* in person I was so excited that they were broadcasting the final shows live on YouTube last night.

"princess crayola". i loving lost it

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Trig Discipline posted:

There's a reason gay bars are banning bachelorette parties…Drunk straight white girls cannot seem to see gay dudes as anything other than loving toys to be played with, or accessories for their imagined wild and urbane lifestyles.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

There's a reason gay bars are banning bachelorette parties…Drunk straight white girls cannot seem to see gay dudes as anything other than loving toys to be played with, or accessories for their imagined wild and urbane lifestyles.

The only thing worse than bachelorette parties at gay bars are the people who shout "reverse discrimination" and take offense at the idea that bachelorette parties shouldn't be allowed at gay bars.

The fact is, an overwhelming number of straight girls, who are normally otherwise perfectly behaved and sane and allies of the gay community, the second they enter a gay bar with their girlfriends, behave abhorrently.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Nihonniboku posted:

The only thing worse than bachelorette parties at gay bars are the people who shout "reverse discrimination" and take offense at the idea that bachelorette parties shouldn't be allowed at gay bars.

The fact is, an overwhelming number of straight girls, who are normally otherwise perfectly behaved and sane and allies of the gay community, the second they enter a gay bar with their girlfriends, behave abhorrently.

thats because gay guys are my peeeeopleee oh my godd its such a shame you aren't straaaightttt i love you sooo muchhhh you guys get meeee! im like a gay guy in a girl's boddyyyy!!!

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
I kind of like Adore's more confident style of performing. It's more raw.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1528976457115369&id=386755931337433

Of course her narrow-minded fans are turning against her in the comments though, because she's not performing perfectly tucked and completely in drag but, gently caress it, I love it.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
"My gays"

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4L_A4G7nNU

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 16, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Lady Videogames recently introduced me to this. She's been a fan since season 2 and I hadn't seen it before, so she showed me season 6 on Netflix (because Bianca is one of her most favourite queens).

Good grief it is just the most tremendous fun! We are watching this new season live and I am very firmly a fan of Sasha, Shea and Valentina! They are easily my top three and I really hope one of them wins (Valentina most of all! :D )

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

tote up a bags posted:

thats because gay guys are my peeeeopleee oh my godd its such a shame you aren't straaaightttt i love you sooo muchhhh you guys get meeee! im like a gay guy in a girl's boddyyyy!!!

right before they try and make out with you because, "it's okay since you're gay." Or the woman who after finding out I had never been with a woman, kept on trying to grab my dick at the bar saying, "I'm going to make you hard by the end of the night."

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Nihonniboku posted:

right before they try and make out with you because, "it's okay since you're gay." Or the woman who after finding out I had never been with a woman, kept on trying to grab my dick at the bar saying, "I'm going to make you hard by the end of the night."

With my physical contact issues I'm pretty sure I would have been in jail if someone had tried that on me. Bravo on your restraint.

The one I'm still salty over was some girl pressuring me to go to a club I'd never been to, at a time when my self-confidence and mental health were in the negative numbers. I spent the night socially anxious, and just drank until I convinced myself I was happy (took about 10 G&Ts), and felt humiliated, because no one wanted to talk to the drunk bear who was staring at the floor in a trendy bar full of daddy's money twinks.

Found out the next day she was up for a promotion, and her boss was gay, so she wanted to be able to talk to him about her Gay BFF™ and how good of a hag she was. Which, you know, made my self-esteem just shoot up through the roof. And that's when I started considering suicide. :3:

(I'm a lot better now, don't worry.)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nihonniboku posted:

So many people don't realize it isn't just lesbians who have to deal with that kind of bs from drunk straight people. Or sober!

I feel for you, fam.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Pinwiz11 posted:

He encapsulated my feelings about Alexis perfectly, and I am kinda in love now.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

"I need an hour a week where can I escape and snap at my television and criticize outfits I have no business criticizing. You see what I wear. And think I know anything about contouring. I just want to have an hour where I'm an expert and life is good."

Same Justin. Same.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Nihonniboku posted:

What. The gently caress. I am so sorry. That is crass.

I'm a straight woman who has been going to gay clubs since the mid-90s and I just can't wrap my mind around acting like that. Part of me wants to think *maybe* women act like that because they've been treated that way for so long (that is BY NO MEANS an excuse, just offering perspective) but gently caress these bitches, I hope they get bounced and I support banning their bachelorette parties. No one deserves to be treated like that.

I have know girls who treated their gay friends as novelties and said things like, "OMG we should totally get married if we're still single in our thirties," or "OMG I want you to be my sperm donor." Um loving gross, you don't talk to your friends like that. It's just really disrespectful. I really hope more "token gay friends" will have a Come To Jesus with their dumb girlfriends.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Inadequate Areolas posted:

I really hope more "token gay friends" will have a Come To Jesus with their dumb girlfriends.
It should also go without saying that other straight women need to be checking that nonsense and hard.

The Abbey in West Hollywood banned bachelorette parties a while back and it's become a much more pleasant place to hang out. Don't know if the other WeHo bars have followed suit but I sure hope so.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pinwiz11 posted:

Haha holy poo poo this guy is hilarious

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

With my physical contact issues I'm pretty sure I would have been in jail if someone had tried that on me. Bravo on your restraint.

The one I'm still salty over was some girl pressuring me to go to a club I'd never been to, at a time when my self-confidence and mental health were in the negative numbers. I spent the night socially anxious, and just drank until I convinced myself I was happy (took about 10 G&Ts), and felt humiliated, because no one wanted to talk to the drunk bear who was staring at the floor in a trendy bar full of daddy's money twinks.

Found out the next day she was up for a promotion, and her boss was gay, so she wanted to be able to talk to him about her Gay BFF™ and how good of a hag she was. Which, you know, made my self-esteem just shoot up through the roof. And that's when I started considering suicide. :3:

(I'm a lot better now, don't worry.)

It took me too many years to realize that just because I'm gay, it doesn't mean that I have to go to gay clubs. They were never the place for me. I don't care for the music, I don't care for dancing, and I have poor hearing, which means that I can't hold a conversation at clubs.

I still go to gay bars, but oof. I spent too much money at clubs on drinks just to get myself drunk enough to enjoy them, by which point I was too drunk for anyone want to deal with.

Inadequate Areolas posted:

What. The gently caress. I am so sorry. That is crass.

I'm a straight woman who has been going to gay clubs since the mid-90s and I just can't wrap my mind around acting like that. Part of me wants to think *maybe* women act like that because they've been treated that way for so long (that is BY NO MEANS an excuse, just offering perspective) but gently caress these bitches, I hope they get bounced and I support banning their bachelorette parties. No one deserves to be treated like that.

That pretty much is the excuse that many straight women have. "I love going to gay bars to get away from groping men at other bars." Then they go ahead and behave just like how straight men treat them.

spite house posted:

It should also go without saying that other straight women need to be checking that nonsense and hard.

The Abbey in West Hollywood banned bachelorette parties a while back and it's become a much more pleasant place to hang out. Don't know if the other WeHo bars have followed suit but I sure hope so.

E! has a new show called What Happens at the Abbey, which is a rip off of Vanderpump Rules. It's not a gay rip off, no, much of the cast is straight. Apparently The Abbey no longer advertises itself as a gay bar? Instead they say it's a bar for everyone.

Similar things are happening to gay bars all across the country. Here in DC, Nellie's was hands down the most popular gay bar in the city for years. Today? It's been taken over by straight people looking to do some gay cultural tourism, and the gay community has mostly moved on, feeling unwelcome at our own bar. Many times I'll be walking by on my way to another gay bar (that the straight community hasn't really discovered yet), and see a line around the block to get into Nellie's, almost entirely filled with straight people.

Last time I went to Nellie's, half of the second floor was taken up by a drunken straight bachelorette party, plastic tiaras, penis beaded necklaces and all. I had words with one of them who announced out loud that she was going to cut in line in front of me at the bar, proceeded to cut in front of me, then acted aghast when I called her out for it.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
The Abbey is pretty terrible, you go there to meet people and be seen then go somewhere else to dance (the Factory, maybe) or drink.

Bachelor/ette parties are pretty terrible no matter the genders involved. I went to the Abbey last fall where some friends-of-friends had bottle service and a table because they were getting (gay) married. It was a miserable drunken shitshow. I think it's just worse with straight female groups where there's an assumption that since it's a gay club and they don't want to get in your pants, anything goes. Which is not cute.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pellisworth posted:

I think it's just worse with straight female groups where there's an assumption that since it's a gay club and they don't want to get in your pants, anything goes. Which is not cute.

Yup. That is an attitude a lot of straight people have at gay bars. It's a gay bar, it must be wild and crazy and sexually free. Again, about Nellie's. It's a gay sports bar. There are sports on tv. People are eating bar food. Yeah, they'll still play like Britney and that poo poo, and you might meet someone there and go home with them. But there is no back room. There are no underwear parties. It's just not that kind of place. I was there years ago and 4 guys began a fourway makeout, and people were staring, just shocked, because you just don't see those kind of things there.

A friend was there recently on a Sunday afternoon. It was bright out. There was no music, because they had the sound for some sports game playing. It wasn't crowded. And this drunken straight couple came in. They began making out in the middle of the room. And then the guy stuck his hand up the girl's very short skirt and began fingering her. Just right there. Fingering her in front of the 15 people or so there.

Because it's a gay bar.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

Yup. That is an attitude a lot of straight people have at gay bars. It's a gay bar, it must be wild and crazy and sexually free. Again, about Nellie's. It's a gay sports bar. There are sports on tv. People are eating bar food. Yeah, they'll still play like Britney and that poo poo, and you might meet someone there and go home with them. But there is no back room. There are no underwear parties. It's just not that kind of place. I was there years ago and 4 guys began a fourway makeout, and people were staring, just shocked, because you just don't see those kind of things there.

A friend was there recently on a Sunday afternoon. It was bright out. There was no music, because they had the sound for some sports game playing. It wasn't crowded. And this drunken straight couple came in. They began making out in the middle of the room. And then the guy stuck his hand up the girl's very short skirt and began fingering her. Just right there. Fingering her in front of the 15 people or so there.

Because it's a gay bar.

to be fair this absolutely happens at many WeHo and east-side clubs (Akbar, Faultline, Bootie, others) it's just those are kinda grungy bars/clubs most straight people don't want to touch

other than Bootie which is cool and good because nobody gives a gently caress

e: like, there are plenty of clubs that project gay porn on the walls of the dance clubs. but over the top or particularly raunchy behavior doesn't fly most places while a lot of straight people assume it does because gay club = anything goes

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 17, 2017

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pellisworth posted:

e: like, there are plenty of clubs that project gay porn on the walls of the dance clubs. but over the top or particularly raunchy behavior doesn't fly most places while a lot of straight people assume it does because gay club = anything goes

Yeah, this is what I was trying to say.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hell I'm a nice looking straight dude that likes to go out to gay clubs and I rarely have any issues with dudes groping me uninvited bc bodily autonomy is a thing and its mindblowing to me whenever people act like its a normal thing to just handle other peoples junk unsolicited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

drowned in pussy juice posted:

hell I'm a nice looking straight dude that likes to go out to gay clubs and I rarely have any issues with dudes groping me uninvited bc bodily autonomy is a thing and its mindblowing to me whenever people act like its a normal thing to just handle other peoples junk unsolicited

did you know, groping someone against their will is also sexual assault if you're gay?!

• Locked thread