Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Koopalings don't even get any dialogue until Paper Jam.

Didn't they have lines in Super Star Saga? I remember them having gimmick fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

You'll get Splash Hill again and you'll loving like it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Didn't they have lines in Super Star Saga? I remember them having gimmick fights

They didn't. They were awkwardly silent. Maybe that 3DS remake will change that

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Frankston posted:

I'm out there I

huh, x-files was right

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Emerald Hill has better visuals, design and music, I really don't get why it has remained untouched since its first inception.

This, and also the 2-player split screen music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z99fLBRH9j8

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Emerald Hill Zone is literally the first Green Hill Zone remake.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Frankston posted:

This, and also the 2-player split screen music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z99fLBRH9j8

As a kid I always wanted to play a full version of Azure Lakes Zone. Such good music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHJz228QZ7k

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

I always really liked seaside hills design. Sufficiently different enough to not just be a GHZ remake with some cool architecture.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah, it's gorgeous. Really striking colors, feels like a combination of the "sunken ruins" sonic archetype with the palm tree starting level archetype.

I was even more impressed trying Heroes last year, it's seriously a great level. That game would be fun if they did a serious remaster of it. Well, or so I'd think, I couldn't get past that section with the giant cannon. They'd just keep flying through the rails and dying.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/864247207515439104

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Not really that excited about Sonic Forces tbqh... Sonic Mania is where the magic is.

Modern Sonic fans are a subhuman slave race who deserve only shame and humiliation

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The new Sonic Forces character is your OC

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
loving INCREDIBLE

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
hey everyone who was badmouthing sonic forces: how does that humble pie taste

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
ahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

of all the custom characters to come up with as the showoff version, that's the one they picked?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MikeJF posted:

of all the custom characters to come up with as the showoff version, that's the one they picked?

it's honest

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't even deal with this this morning.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just wanted Generations 2. Don't honeypot me with less than a handful of Boost Sonic followed by gimmick "tech" platformer with every sonic OC becoming canon. :(

http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/160733709258/take-back-the-planet-from-dr-eggman-as-your-own
#sonic forces #yes - for the first time in series history #you can play as your own character along side Sonic and Classic Sonic #before you go off about a werehog or a swords #it plays pretty similarly to Colors Sonic #but not exactly #you might be able to check some gameplay out on our youtube #with great power comes great... something or other #we know the internet likes to google their name + the hedgehog #so we hope to see what you all create to take down Eggman #we'll be showing more off in time #but for now #thanks for waiting

Eh, i'll give it a chance when there's more than thirty second of gameplay, Colors was pretty good.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 16, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Well, I'm sure a lot of nerds on deviantart are very excited now. I guess Sega knows their target audience...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

OC Do Not Steal the gameplay feature

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

:allbuttons:

Truly, we live in the best timeline.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Oh God. Why Sega why.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

It's almost a surprise that they haven't thought of this earlier. You could make a Sonic MMO which would act as an containment zone for weirdo teenagers and furries

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
My only hope is that there will be an Elephant option, and I'll be able to create the ultimate OC.

Cage The Elephant.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

hahahahahhahahaha

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tbh the created character gameplay doesn't look awful, the grappling stuff still goes pretty quick, though I'll definitely be annoyed if Forces has less zones than Gens.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lol sonic team is just giving up and outsourcing their poor character design skills

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Oh... oh no

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I am all in for recreating Sonichu and zapping out to the extreme

e: or Coldsteel, whichever one comes first

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
hey, it worked for dragonball xenoverse

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

CAnnot wait to play through a sonic game as Fox McCloud

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That looks quite fun, and depending on the abilities could add some replay value; the series has been oddly bereft of generic manimal characters next to the humans (you know, Archie-style), so having some that aren't all full-on scripted characters is good.

Totes making a birdie.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Can you make Sonichu

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Someone check on Stephen 'sonichu' chandler to check if he hasn't gotten a heart attack.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Can I adjust breast size though

edit: breast number?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I am interested in a sonic game. That's new. I love dumb character creation poo poo though, it is entirely my jam. I have played far too many poo poo games because the customisation was fun. I hope you can make a crocodile and a bee and whatever that purple guy was.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

They need to let you play as a turtle, because turtles are the best and a fast turtle is ironic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
No but like for real give me a sunglasses, leather jacket, sharp teeth, and green skin option so I can make Scourge tia