Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I didn't know about supports when I played FE7 on my gba v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

THE loving MOON posted:

edit: I want them to add Canas. gently caress I might try to find my FE7 cart

Tier list of characters they ought to add:

I will whale for them tier
Ishtar (thank gently caress she'll be a GHB not gacha, probably)
Tsubasa Oribe
Tiki (TMS version)

I will zero out my f2p orbs tier
Mareeta
Myrrh
Marcia
Jill
Micaiah
Mist (FE10 version, assuming she's a sword and not a healer)
Nagi
Cynthia
Nah
Selkie
Mitama (assuming she has something to set her above the usual pile of interchangeable garbage healers)
Velouria
Kiria Kurono

I will roll a few times tier
Sigurd
Lewyn
Tailtiu
Arvis
Nanna
Teeny
Canas
Athos
Lute
Owain
Delthea
Caeda (TMS version)

Who? tier
Everybody else

All ratings based assuming they aren't utter garbage

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Elyv posted:

I didn't know about supports when I played FE7 on my gba v:shobon:v

In my first run I didn't know about the limited time you had to pair Eliwood and Ninian so he died a lonely man :smith:

edit: forgot about Athos, that would be cool.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Tier list of characters they ought to add:

I will whale for them tier
Tiki (TMS version)
Agreed.

quote:

Mist (FE10 version, assuming she's a sword and not a healer)
FE10 Mist does have an unique sword, so there is a chance.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Oh man Julius and Ishtar will be GHBs at some point

That rules

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
They should do a Santa Claus Athos later this year who hucks a bunch of legendary weapons as his attack

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oh man Julius and Ishtar will be GHBs at some point

That rules

Save me whaling for him, at least. I would whale for Alvis, too, but ditto on probably being GHB.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I'd whale out for Mitama or Selkie, or Panne for that matter. Maybe Canas too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So going by the current rates, apparently there will likely only be two more 3x rounds for Robin (the next one in an hour!) while there will be none for Tharja. Manage your flags accordingly.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Philip Rivers posted:

I'd whale out for Mitama or Selkie, or Panne for that matter. Maybe Canas too.

I thought Panne was really unpopular in Japan?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

So going by the current rates, apparently there will likely only be two more 3x rounds for Robin (the next one in an hour!) while there will be none for Tharja. Manage your flags accordingly.

Looks like it. I was holding on to mine on the offchance Tharja got a 3x but it doesn't look like it will happen. Just gonna burn flags in units of 100 to get the last free ones then burn the rest i think

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

THE loving MOON posted:

Looks like it. I was holding on to mine on the offchance Tharja got a 3x but it doesn't look like it will happen. Just gonna burn flags in units of 100 to get the last free ones then burn the rest i think

kind of sucks that most of team tharja missed out on the single time she got the bonus this round because it was in the wee hours of the morning (myself included) but thems the breaks

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Centzon Totochtin posted:

kind of sucks that most of team tharja missed out on the single time she got the bonus this round because it was in the wee hours of the morning (myself included) but thems the breaks

I got most of what i need for cumulative ranking from merric and Julia so I'll still make out alright. As long as I hit 20k feathers I don't really care where I place

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Tharja's had two bonus hours, actually. Robin and Tharja were rubberbanding past each other for a while until Robin couldn't get past the Same Zone anymore.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Yeah the percentage based system is dumb because it rewards the people who are awake when Im asleep immensely more than me.

I bet they love it, though :shrug:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Geostomp posted:

I thought Panne was really unpopular in Japan?

Don't care I like her

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's your fault for voting with the harlot!

(I actually like Tharja alright but I don't have one and I like Robin just as much so my choice was clear.)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like Awakening Tharja but I don't like the version of her in Fates/TMS/Cipher/Heroes

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You know what? -Atk +Spd Celica isn't doing too bad in the arena, mostly in how she one rounds Tharja's who were my team's greatest weakness.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I didn't know I could recruit her in Awakening because it was my first FE game so I just killed her

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's a testament to the power of boobs and full-body micromesh that a tertiary plot-irrelevant character that many players unwittingly kill is leading a popularity contest.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
she's about as tertiary as gaius, who is one of the most popular awakening male characters, who can also be unwittingly killed, and is equally 'plot-irrelevant' (in the same way that almost everyone except chrom, the avatar and lucina is)

just because tharja is bad doesn't mean you have to make up nasty stuff about her

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's a testament to the power of boobs and full-body micromesh that a tertiary plot-irrelevant character that many players unwittingly kill is leading a popularity contest.

Robin tears are delicious

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm not on team Robin, I rolled a Tharja like a day before the gauntlet so I figured I'd take advantage.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tertiary characters are often extremely cool.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Tharja isn't even the best boob character in awakening

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Tharja isn't even the best boob character in awakening

Aversa???? who you get to use for like 3 maps

Oh uh, strong general lady from the west or something

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Adult Tiki

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm still amused that "boob" character is someone that doesn't even show cleavage in game

Female Robin shows way more than her in-game.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I want Walhart

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

I'm still amused that "boob" character is someone that doesn't even show cleavage in game

Female Robin shows way more than her in-game.

Awakening Tharja is a better character than meme Tharja

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I wish Awakening Tharja was a better mum because she's a good and cool character in all her other supports.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I sure do love Henry in awakenings. His casual disregard for everyone is amazing.

"Hello, Robin! I sure do love lunchtime, and ripping off thumbs!" :D

"You see, when a mummy zombie and a daddy zombie love each other very much..." :D

Tharja is okay when she does her mumbly sinister asides, because I like to pretend they're not asides at all and she is obliviously calling the person she's talking to a foolish rube. As for her 'boobs', doesn't Nowi comment on them in one of the DLCs?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tharja basically helps cure half the problems of the team with her magic, and the other half is making Virion repair orphanages and build bridges.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clawtopsy posted:

I sure do love Henry in awakenings. His casual disregard for everyone is amazing.

"Hello, Robin! I sure do love lunchtime, and ripping off thumbs!" :D

"You see, when a mummy zombie and a daddy zombie love each other very much..." :D

Tharja is okay when she does her mumbly sinister asides, because I like to pretend they're not asides at all and she is obliviously calling the person she's talking to a foolish rube. As for her 'boobs', doesn't Nowi comment on them in one of the DLCs?

I would count the DLC interactions as solidly in meme-land along with Heroes and the character reprisals in Fates

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If you are on team Tharja, please make your party leader anything other than a red unit. You're killing me. tia

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tae posted:

Tharja basically helps cure half the problems of the team with her magic, and the other half is making Virion repair orphanages and build bridges.

I wonder how many of the people who are super upset about Tharja's character ever did any of Tharja's supports in Awakening.

She's not perfect, but the A support with Noire shows that she at least wants to be a good mother.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It is relatively possible that the only reason Tharja didn't become a mother nearly as bad as her future self is because she had an example of what happened right in front of her. Still that's only a possibility, so excoriating her over that isn't entirely fair. The real reason a lot of people really don't like her is a combination of her being a relatively love it or hate it archetype, and a relatively stock one in most respects at that, combined with just how in-your-face popular she's been made to be.

Because seriously, if you think her popularity has anything to do with her potentially complex character or her supports, I have a bridge to sell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Because seriously, if you think her popularity has anything to do with her potentially complex character or her supports, I have a bridge to sell you.

The same could be said for basically any character. Most people don't read more than 2 supports in the grand fandom.