Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Zelder posted:

Why does dog suck so bad
No dogs in Sonic canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

If you try to make an echidna, Ken Penders comes out of the screen and sues you.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can't imagine why the race whose only remaining members are the last living member of the species and his ghost ancestor isn't playable.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I can't imagine why the race whose only remaining members are the last living member of the species and his ghost ancestor isn't playable.

Nobody ever remembers Sonic Chronicles.

Good.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Yeah, but speedy hedgehogs, there's a whole THREE members of that race.

Oh four. I forgot Silver. He's stupid, but still.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sega exiled Chronicles to non-canon territory, which is for the best, as much as I liked its world building elements (and not the gameplay).

Craptacular! posted:

Yeah, but speedy hedgehogs, there's a whole THREE members of that race.

Knuckles is explicitly the last of his kind and we saw how they all basically died. That's a bit different from "only four hedgehogs show up on screen".

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This is a game where Sonic teams up with himself, and non-canon OCs are a valid option. Let's not be pedantic here.

There's no limit to the amount of fantastic bullshit in Crisis On Infinite Sonics that should prevent an echidna option.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm just saying, Sega has been pretty insistent about that sort of thing, even more so since someone tried suing them over characters only vaguely resembled Ken Penders' ones. Can you imagine how that lunatic would react if someone found out a way to make one of the Knuckles' comic characters, even if it was unintentional?

Sonic teaming up with himself is one thing, but subverting the canon and what has been a pretty consistent mandate for a character whose role exists to mostly be "this new dude shows up to help" isn't going to make them reverse course on something like that.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

im going to play as Bob from Animal Crossing

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm just saying, Sega has been pretty insistent about that sort of thing, even more so since someone tried suing them over characters only vaguely resembled Ken Penders' ones. Can you imagine how that lunatic would react if someone found out a way to make one of the Knuckles' comic characters, even if it was unintentional?

Sonic teaming up with himself is one thing, but subverting the canon and what has been a pretty consistent mandate for a character whose role exists to mostly be "this new dude shows up to help" isn't going to make them reverse course on something like that.

Look, we all know Silver wishes you in on the Chaos Emeralds to protect the timestream, so it's okay if things don't line up perfectly.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Not even the dragonballs can overcome fear of litigation.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Donut the Steel

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I was thinking about sonic 3 and knuckles and man I hope the final boss in mania is some sort of followup to eggmans giant mecha.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Full disclosure, I made a sonic OC character once and I'd like to tell his story.

I was in second grade, his name was "phonic" and he was a raccoon and purple. I drew a bandana around his face and he was helping sonic and tails on Wing Fortress Zone (I couldn't beat it on my own yet so I fantasized constantly over what wonders lie waiting for me after the bullshit wind platform part). It was great...what more could a young boy ask for? However, fate would take Phonic from me...Very shortly after, "hooked on phonics" commercials began airing on Nickelodeon and with it came a fear of being associated with nerd stuff like reading, thus I had to bid Phonic the Raccoon adieu.

Perhaps 25 years later it is time for him to make his come back...to a future he was robbed of...A future he can fix by joining...the resistance...?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You're too good for this world, beep.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Finally it becomes reality

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Lizard Wizard posted:

If you try to make an echidna, Ken Penders comes out of the screen and sues you.

You joke, but that might legitimately have been a factor.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

Full disclosure, I made a sonic OC character once and I'd like to tell his story.

I was in second grade, his name was "phonic" and he was a raccoon and purple. I drew a bandana around his face and he was helping sonic and tails on Wing Fortress Zone (I couldn't beat it on my own yet so I fantasized constantly over what wonders lie waiting for me after the bullshit wind platform part). It was great...what more could a young boy ask for? However, fate would take Phonic from me...Very shortly after, "hooked on phonics" commercials began airing on Nickelodeon and with it came a fear of being associated with nerd stuff like reading, thus I had to bid Phonic the Raccoon adieu.

Perhaps 25 years later it is time for him to make his come back...to a future he was robbed of...A future he can fix by joining...the resistance...?

i actually, no foolin', have a similar story, my character was called blink and he was a black and white cat who was a magician, his tail had a white tip and looked like a magic wand and he could throw his hat to teleport to it. i never really did much with him apart from that but not long after a character called blinx the time sweeper came out and he was also a cat so i let blink go to perform magic shows in peace

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I only drew Sonic when I was in second grade.

The very idea that I could make my own OC was verboten to my young mind.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just realized that Sega is going to successfully trick me into making my first OC.

You ain't fooling anyone

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Seems these are the only options available.

no rhino option, i'm out

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I had a Sonic OC named Drinky the Hedgehog who was Sonic's Third cousin who worked in Robotropolis as a data clerk for Robotnik to pay child support and generally was just a grumpy alcoholic low level rando who got lovely because his idiot cousin and hippie friends who lived off the grid in Knothole would keep doing terrorist attacks on the city and made life hell.

So if character selection options include a cigarette and bleary eyes....

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There better be Nolan North and Laura Bailey voice options :colbert:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pants Donkey posted:

All the voice acting choices for the OC should only be performed by actual DeviantArt posters.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A Sonic themed cafe opened up recently in Japan (similar to the recent kirby one, pokemon etc). It has the usual stuff you'd expect from some sonic themed eats but uh, there's also Shadow the Hedgehog Cheese.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Sonic Xenofurs

You're welcome, future thread creator.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

This unironically made me cautiously optimistic for this game since character creators are my weakness.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I want to make a Sonic character with this new game and when I ultimately die in the line of battle I want Sonic to know I gave it my all.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I'm gonna need Steve Blum because all my fan characters were always just Spike Spiegel but a [noun].

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

SupSuper posted:

No dogs in Sonic canon

There's one in the comic.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Shadowlyger posted:

There's one in the comic.

Reboot Muttski is my favorite minor gag in the comics.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

A Sonic themed cafe opened up recently in Japan (similar to the recent kirby one, pokemon etc). It has the usual stuff you'd expect from some sonic themed eats but uh, there's also Shadow the Hedgehog Cheese.

Does it have a cool soundtrack like the Kirby Cafe did?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I mostly just drew Sonic, Knuckles and Robotnik. Instead of inventing new characters I would mostly think up new badniks and mechs for Eggman.

One time when I was like six years old, I thought up a two-headed turtle named "Heads" because there was a two-tailed Fox named "Tails". I guess I was making puns even at a very early age.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Just let me play as Bean the Dynamite. I don't want to play as lovely Sonic and Fake Classic Sonic.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That was last year, and there were two different ones. There were even posts in the thread about it! I ate at both, of course. My biggest regret is not eating the exact replica of the ice cream sundae Chip eats in Sonic Unleashed. It was like 45 degrees outside so I had the Sonic Mania pancakes instead. I guess I also kinda regret not trying the Chili Dog at the first Sonic Cafe, but I've never had one and figured Japan, which generally doesn't even have them, wouldn't be the best place to start.

Ventana posted:

Does it have a cool soundtrack like the Kirby Cafe did?

No, just tracks from the games. They seemed to just be playing Amy's theme on loop when I went though. The second cafe didn't have any music as far as I can remember, probably because it shared some of its space with the Pen Pineapple Apple Pen cafe.

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/EKxdx

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 17, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

That concept art reminds me; I hope there's a cavalcade of various Eggmen and Robotniks that make up the boss encounters this time around.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What in the hell is that PPAP café about?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
A Meme.

I love Sonic Boom Sonic glaring angrily at the back of Classic Sonic's head.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

What in the hell is that PPAP café about?

I accidentally uploaded that picture along with the others, but it's based on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFlgNoUsr4k

It's basically just a youtube video that became so popular in Japan that it gets merchandise and the guy's career has skyrocketed. If I never hear it again it will be too soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Didn't we just have a Sonic game where you spend a bunch of time waiting for the grapple to finish, mow down a room full of enemies, and then repeat? I'm not calling cycle here, but I'm expecting a third wheel of weaker gameplay.

Why did Oc the Character have to bind the enemy in the trailer? Sonics just when straight through it. I highly doubt the player will be doing that too.