Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Microsoft games on Nintendo Switch... never thought I'd see the day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spellman posted:

Did you know there was a Viva Pinata game on the DS?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spellman posted:

They like their money, after all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
of course for the true Minecraft experience, you have to play the WIndows 10/Xbox/Mobile cross play versions. They can't even be bothered to make PS4 Minecraft cross compatible with Vita outside of one way map exports.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dehry posted:

of course for the true Minecraft experience, you have to play the WIndows 10/Xbox/Mobile cross play versions. They can't even be bothered to make PS4 Minecraft cross compatible with Vita outside of one way map exports.

PC version is the best anyway. The Minecraft console versions all have a smaller player limit. Still a really fun game and worth playing on all platforms.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did you know there was a Viva Pinata game on the DS?

The list of Microsoft-published games on Nintendo consoles can be counted on two hands, in fact. Like both Banjo Game Boy Advance games, or Age of Empires DS, or Diddy Kong Racing DS.

Or two versions of Minecraft.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Patter Song posted:

The list of Microsoft-published games on Nintendo consoles can be counted on two hands, in fact. Like both Banjo Game Boy Advance games, or Age of Empires DS, or Diddy Kong Racing DS.

Or two versions of Minecraft.

THQ actually handled publishing on those GBA games but they were still definitely Microsoft products.

Don't forget these:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Discount Viscount posted:

THQ actually handled publishing on those GBA games but they were still definitely Microsoft products.

Don't forget these:

Where these before the Xbox? Sony also published games on Nintendo before the PS1.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

irlZaphod posted:

Well it might be (unless you know more than I do), but like I said there's no PR and I forgot that it was on 3DS.
Yacht Club's own release info page has May 11th for EU/AUS Wii U, but "May TBD" for EU/AUS 3DS. I want to remember that Wii U and 3DS used to be listed together earlier.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Looper posted:

It's not the length, it's the poorly paced and constant backtracking and grind heavy job system
The 3DS version did a lot to fix those things (as well as evening out the awful difficulty curve).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Updated drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Garou: Mark of the Wolves | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical | PAL | £ ? / € ?
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition | NA | PAL | $29.99 / £ ? / € ?
NBA Playgrounds | NA | PAL | $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (May 9)

WiiU
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove | PAL | £ ? / € ? (free upgrade for owners of Shovel Knight)
WinKings | PAL | £8.99 / €9.99

3DS
Elliot Quest | NA | PAL | $1.99 / £ ? / € ?

New 3DS
Pixel Hunter | PAL | £2.69 / €2.99
Triple Breakout | PAL | £ ? / € ?

DLC
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment | PAL | £ ? / € ? (free update for owners of Shovel Knight)

Both NBA Playgrounds and Minecraft are hitting the Switch eShop this week. Also Hamster are continuing to fill the eShop line-up with NeoGeo ports, which is good.

The Dark Witch Music Episode is a port of a stand-alone smartphone rhythm game which was originally a mini-game in Legend of Dark Witch 2. It's hitting the PAL Switch eShop this week apparently, no word about NA though.

Spectre of Torment is out stand-alone on WiiU in PAL regions this week also. And the Zelda 2-esque Elliot Quest is coming to 3DS.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I read Dark Witch game is coming to NA as well. Probably Thursday.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Does anyone know yet how much card space Minecraft Switch takes up? I still have the default memory in mine, and if Minecraft takes up a lot of space then I will probably wait for the cartridge version.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

JustJeff88 posted:

Does anyone know yet how much card space Minecraft Switch takes up? I still have the default memory in mine, and if Minecraft takes up a lot of space then I will probably wait for the cartridge version.

Other console releases of minecraft are less than 3 gigs with all the updates I believe? So less than that for the switch.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/4JStudios/status/862596977175003138

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

NOE's site says 551.5MB.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Minecraft-Nintendo-Switch-Edition-1214741.html

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ineffiable posted:

Other console releases of minecraft are less than 3 gigs with all the updates I believe? So less than that for the switch.

I'm kinda surprised Minecraft is under 3 gigs in size. For some reason I thought it'd be around the 10+ mark.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Final-ish drop for this week. They really are making it a pain.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Garou: Mark of the Wolves | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical | PAL | £6.99 / €8.00
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition | NA | PAL | $29.99 / £19.99 / €29.99 (May 11 NA/May 12 PAL)
NBA Playgrounds | NA | PAL | $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (May 9)

WiiU
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove | PAL | £ ? / € ? (free upgrade for owners of Shovel Knight)
WinKings | PAL | £8.99 / €9.99

3DS
Elliot Quest | NA | PAL | $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99

New 3DS
Pixel Hunter | PAL | £2.69 / €2.99
Triple Breakout | PAL | £4.99 / €4.99

DLC
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment | PAL | £ ? / € ? (free update for owners of Shovel Knight)

Both NBA Playgrounds and Minecraft are hitting the Switch eShop this week. Also Hamster are continuing to fill the eShop line-up with NeoGeo ports, which is good.

The Dark Witch Music Episode is a port of a stand-alone smartphone rhythm game which was originally a mini-game in Legend of Dark Witch 2. It's hitting the PAL Switch eShop this week apparently, no word about NA though.

Spectre of Torment is out stand-alone on WiiU in PAL regions this week also. And the Zelda 2-esque Elliot Quest is coming to 3DS.

Takoluka posted:

I read Dark Witch game is coming to NA as well. Probably Thursday.
No sign of it yet on NOA's site.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

irlZaphod posted:

No sign of it yet on NOA's site.

https://twitter.com/FlyhighWorks/status/861839102177492993

Keep an eye out, because Flyhigh confirmed NA on 5/11.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Still upset about the inferior version of Mark of the Warves, but I still want to buy it because more MotW is good???

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Machine posted:

Still upset about the inferior version of Mark of the Warves, but I still want to buy it because more MotW is good???

What's inferior about it, out of curiosity?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I assume they're referring to the fact that it's an arcade port and not one of the newer ports on other consoles with netplay and some additional features.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

There are some sales on the PAL eShop right now.

WiiU
Ducktales Remastered - £3.95 / € ? until May 25
Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - £2.24 / €2.49 until June 1
Resident Evil Revelations - £4.79 / €5.99 until May 25

3DS
Mega Man Legacy Collection - £4.79 / €5.99 until May 25
Mutant Mudds - £2.02 / €2.24 until June 1
Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - £2.24 / €2.49 until June 1
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - £9.99 / € ? until May 25
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies - £6.39 / € ? until May 25
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice - £12.49 / € ? until May 25
Resident Evil Revelations - £5.82 / €6.99 until May 25
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - £3.59 / € ? until May 25
Super Street Fighter™ IV 3D Edition - £4.49 / €4.99 until May 25

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm ten gold coins shy of the discount on Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Any cheap Wii U/Switch games worth picking up? Is Blaster Master Zero any good?

EDIT: Also, if I use gold coins to get a discount on something do I then get gold coins for the discounted purchase I made? If so, is it gold coins based off how much I paid or what the original price was?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Kaubocks posted:

Is Blaster Master Zero any good?

Yeah.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kaubocks posted:

I'm ten gold coins shy of the discount on Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Any cheap Wii U/Switch games worth picking up? Is Blaster Master Zero any good?

EDIT: Also, if I use gold coins to get a discount on something do I then get gold coins for the discounted purchase I made? If so, is it gold coins based off how much I paid or what the original price was?
Yes and yes, and it's based on original price.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kaubocks posted:

Blaster Master Zero is very good. It's a remake that fixes basically every issue the original had. There's also some free DLC for it for a new character that stops being free after today so make sure to grab that too.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Thanks everyone! On the way to the purchase screen I noticed it had a demo so I tried it out first. Unfortunately ended up not really caring for how it felt to play so I bought Ogre Battle 64 on Wii U VC instead.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Blaster Master Zero is very good. It's a remake that fixes basically every issue the original had. There's also some free DLC for it for a new character that stops being free after today so make sure to grab that too.

Thanks for posting this because I'd been playing it offline and didn't even know there was DLC, or a patch required to enable it. :stare:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SeANMcBAY posted:

Oh hey, thanks for the heads up on that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can also download it even if you don't have the full game yet so if you're waiting for a sale or whatnot, I'd still grab it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Also chiming in for the thanks. I had no idea whatsoever that the DLC character existed, let alone was a timed free download.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh wow, the new difficulty mode for Blaster Master 0 looks awesome. The game was very easy beforehand, but the new difficulty looks brutal. I really wanted a hard mode after beating it the first time and this is far beyond what I thought they would do.

quote:

In the Destroyer Mode, you need to choose the right gun level to kill enemies, otherwise you won’t deal any damage at all… you cannot simply stick with the highest level available to you and call it a day. What’s more, the Energy Guard item has absolutely no effect in that mode! Same for Life Up items, who simply do not work either.

You also need to be careful: when enemies are destroyed on side view maps, they unleash bullets (that fly in your direction). Going through those levels all gun blazing will most likely result in an untimely death for you.

The developers also took the opportunity to change the placement of items throughout each area, and that includes those you get from defeating mid-bosses. Finally, one last (minor) change: in this mode, Jason and SOPHIA III’s colours are different.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I was looking forward to Destroyer Mode but the "rebalanced" top-down sections are just annoying, frankly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, EB Games is dumping their remaining copies of Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water for all of $9AU. Amiibo are also $9AU apiece, and Rodea the Sky Soldier's $15AU (It's even the version with the Wii release included).

Devil's Third is $4AU :v:.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

When is THUMPER going to drop for AU/NZ?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
40% off coupons for Picross e3 and e4 are on PAL MyNintendo sites for 150 platinum coins each. There goes another 70-odd hours

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ausgoons, EB Games is dumping their remaining copies of Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water for all of $9AU.

Huh, was in EB at lunch today and didn't notice that. Might have to swing by and have a look again tomorrow, would be willing to give it a crack at that price.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Box of Bunnies posted:

Huh, was in EB at lunch today and didn't notice that. Might have to swing by and have a look again tomorrow, would be willing to give it a crack at that price.

Be aware it's only the new copies. I'm not sure if it's the standalone or collector's editions, I'm going by the OzBargain listing and they've delisted it from the website. The pre-owned ones are still like $49.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Since it's a dead console, I'll ask it here. Is Xenoblade Chronicles X just a bunch of grinding and micro-managing skills? I've played about 5-8 hours of it and it's just not clicking with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The only gigantic open world game you should be playing on the Wii U right now is breath of the wild