Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Xaris posted:

we don't go that often, probably about 1.5x a month on average.

i like to imagine that once a month you get halfway to costco and then go "nah" and turn around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

smoobles posted:

2 people going through a gallon of milk is kinda difficult unless those 2 people are a bit gross, not judging

Maybe if you're lactose intolerant. Even beyond that the cheese and yogurt are all reasonably portioned.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

smoobles posted:

2 people going through a gallon of milk is kinda difficult unless those 2 people are a bit gross, not judging
what if you're using most of it to make cheese

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

what if you're using most of it to make cheese

that's allowed for sure. cheese kicks rear end.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I have a bowl of cereal every morning and Costco is a life saver. :yum:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

smoobles posted:

i like to imagine that once a month you get halfway to costco and then go "nah" and turn around
nah, not that exciting, although i've done that when we show up at the parking lot and went gently caress that. mostly because our costco can get insane thunderdome, even 10 minutes before they open.

it's more like there'll be months we go 2x, and others we go 1x. probably total # of visits is something like 15/yr

also the thing with milk is it's still cheaper to buy 2 gallons and throw half a gallon out that it is to go to safeway and buy 2x1 gallons. it also lasts a surprisingly long time if its UHT

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I just drink milk instead of soda/juice when I want something other than water or tea.

All that vitamin D is nice too cause I never go outside.

e: also they had 2 big ol boxes of cheerios for like 4 bucks so that's a good use for milk.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Cheese, bread, meats (both cured and reg), FOOD COURT, 2L kirkland vodka, pallet of Snapple, 62oz peanut mm, breaded chicken tenders, cereal, that big box of chocolate chip cookies, double sixpack of muffins, case of gross kirkland light beers

👌

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I go to the 'co weekly but I'm in a weird situation where I get off work at 3pm and one is a five minute detour on my way home. If I had to go when everyone else does and it took more than five minutes to drive to I'd go way less.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Norman

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dy

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

I go to the 'co weekly but I'm in a weird situation where I get off work at 3pm and one is a five minute detour on my way home. If I had to go when everyone else does and it took more than five minutes to drive to I'd go way less.

My gf lives practically nextdoor to a costco so we go once a week just to walk around the aisles even if we don't need anything. We'll be that couple checking out with like a single bag of spinach.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

1500quidporsche posted:

You are blessed, my friend.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

are there any hidden gems in the frozen section that you guys would recommend? i am wary of trying new things sometimes.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

smoobles posted:

are there any hidden gems in the frozen section that you guys would recommend? i am wary of trying new things sometimes.

the god damned ling lings pot stickers if they bring them back.

the beer battered cod is delicious with some malt vinegar.

the chipotle chicken bowls are okay filler.

the frozen pizza is very good (for frozen pizza)

the normany blend veggies

bagged broccoli

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Costco really should find a way to get me a dog combo while I'm filling up at the pump.

They should just do a throwback to how they started the food court with a classic hotdog cart.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I do Costco for two as well and we're not particularly big eaters. I don't understand what people have against portion wrapping meat?

Like we only buy meat every six weeks or so and then we just plan meals 2 days ahead and can really eat poo poo on a whim, which is awesome.
"I want steak tomorrow"
*Puts steak in the fridge

Got pork chops, sausage, chicken thighs, breast, breast skin on bone in, cod, and a rack of ribs in the freezer right now. I don't own a chest freezer either because I am a scum of the earth apartment renter.

I need to get dogs more often. I'm literally in a Costco 2-3 times a week and I haven't had one in months. A shame.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Normandy frozen veggies, brown rice, vegan protein powder.

I am made of Costco.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I went to Costco yesterday and it always shocks me how happy and nice the staff are. Like some random dude stocking shelves just made a friendly joke towards me because of something I was wearing. The cashier and boxer were cracking jokes and making the line smile. Everyone is so nice and good.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I make it work for one but I'm also bulk buying cuts of meat and putting them in freezer bags. I was pretty skeptical at first but it's meant a huge savings. The key is to just bulk buy poo poo you'd normally buy as opposed to just going around picking poo poo up that you normally wouldn't buy because it's cheaper.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

Costco has good stuff but as a 2-person household the only things we can get are toilet paper and frozen pizza, any meat or produce is like 10 pounds or more and would have to be frozen or we'd get sick of it.

$5 rotisserie chickens tho, god drat.

It's good for throwing parties, they have local beers in bulk (Sam's Club has gently caress off Anheiser brands) and lots of party foods.

so freeze the meat? i've got a whole separate freezer for costco meat

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I made a discovery today friends! Kirkland individually sealed frozen chicken breasts. This is gonna take my no flavor sous vide chicken to the next level! Praise be!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Costco is good, it gives and gives

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I made a discovery today friends! Kirkland individually sealed frozen chicken breasts. This is gonna take my no flavor sous vide chicken to the next level! Praise be!

Thank you for this.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Teikanmi posted:

Costco is good, it gives and gives

Praise be

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I love their pre-seasoned pork tenderloins, I'll grill 'em up and freeze them in sandwich bags for later.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
2 x 1 litre bottles of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for $17 like gently caress yesssssss

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is my wife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47wjeTLOz7w

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

$119 cash back from my Executive Membership.

Just realized how much I had to spend to get that. :aaaaa:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My Costco Citi card year to date earnings is $211, if you do all things Costco you can get some serious moolah.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

:eyepop: jesus h dickshitting christ I honestly expected a costco cake for 48 to be bigger

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nfcknblvbl posted:

My Costco Citi card year to date earnings is $211, if you do all things Costco you can get some serious moolah.

I'm at $25. But I just started using mine last month. poo poo's going to pay my membership very soon.

I don't know why but since I started living on my own about 1.5 years ago I am eating a lot less meat. It's probably the whole "I have to cook this" thing. My sad brain probably has a lot to do with that part. I should really consider buying Costco meat and portioning it for my freezer. The people who lived here before me left a stand up freezer in the basement. I don't know if it works but poo poo..... a whole refrigerator sized freezer. At least I think it's a freezer. It's downstairs and I'm upstairs right now so who knows when I'll ever find out.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm at $25. But I just started using mine last month. poo poo's going to pay my membership very soon.

I don't know why but since I started living on my own about 1.5 years ago I am eating a lot less meat. It's probably the whole "I have to cook this" thing. My sad brain probably has a lot to do with that part. I should really consider buying Costco meat and portioning it for my freezer. The people who lived here before me left a stand up freezer in the basement. I don't know if it works but poo poo..... a whole refrigerator sized freezer. At least I think it's a freezer. It's downstairs and I'm upstairs right now so who knows when I'll ever find out.

Good news friend! Costco sells chicken breasts frozen singly! I just found out today and it is a true blessing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Good news friend! Costco sells chicken breasts frozen singly! I just found out today and it is a true blessing.

That's awesome because whenever I buy a big bag of chicken breasts they get freezer burned pretty bad since I don't eat them very fast.

naem
May 29, 2011

I got a pressure cooker for Xmas and now I get near instant meat at the press of a button

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a vacuum sealer and big thing of bags for $150 today at Costco. Also a 1/2 pound all beef dog WITH DRINK for $1.50 afterwords.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I'm going to try this whole trip report thing on my second Costco haul since I joined

Spindrift variety pack (my wife's gonna be sad when I tell her there's no blackberry)
Cholula
Meats: Tilapia, 10 lbs lean ground beef, 7 lb pork loin, pulled pork, indiv. frozen chicken breasts, Tyson panko breaded chicken
Veggies: Normandy veggies, stir fry veggies, broccoli
Snacks: Kirkland granola bars, Bark Thins, dried mandarin oranges
Vanilla ON whey
Nut butter CLIF bars
Garlic Parmesean bread
Ibuprofen
Allergy pills
and a rotisserie chicken for tonight's dinner!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

GI_Clutch posted:

I'm going to try this whole trip report thing on my second Costco haul since I joined

Spindrift variety pack (my wife's gonna be sad when I tell her there's no blackberry)
Cholula
Meats: Tilapia, 10 lbs lean ground beef, 7 lb pork loin, pulled pork, indiv. frozen chicken breasts, Tyson panko breaded chicken
Veggies: Normandy veggies, stir fry veggies, broccoli
Snacks: Kirkland granola bars, Bark Thins, dried mandarin oranges
Vanilla ON whey
Nut butter CLIF bars
Garlic Parmesean bread
Ibuprofen
Allergy pills
and a rotisserie chicken for tonight's dinner!

God drat, I say it again GOD drat! That's a pro tier haul, and on your second trip? You will fly among the stars friend. Though, how do you take your dog?

Fastball LIVE in concert posted:

Kirkland pesto is really loving good.

agreed

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 18, 2017

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
Kirkland pesto is really loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

naem posted:

I got a pressure cooker for Xmas and now I get near instant meat at the press of a button

there's another thing that gets you instant meat at the press of a button its called grindr