Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I guess the app is finally dead since it's not loading the new episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Gyges posted:

They switched file hosts so it doesn't know where to look anymore. Same too since it was really handy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
They recommended watching Ninja 3 before the next episode drops. I have to strongly recommend that too. It's one of my favorite bad movies and a Cannon classic.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jose Oquendo posted:

They recommended watching Ninja 3 before the next episode drops. I have to strongly recommend that too. It's one of my favorite bad movies and a Cannon classic.

Where or how can we watch it?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

Where or how can we watch it?

It's not on streaming anywhere, but the Blu-Ray is only 14 bucks on Amazon.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Gyges posted:

I recently updated my copy of the app and still get current episodes on it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been using The Podcast Souce, and it won't update with the new episode. Guess I gotta switch to a new app.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's not on streaming anywhere, but the Blu-Ray is only 14 bucks on Amazon.

It's streaming on Starz, which Amazon offers a free 7 day trial of.

Edit: Wow, this really is a weird movie.

duz fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 18, 2017

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Should I tweet them my defense of Spider-Man 3 now or even the episode drops.

And Alien vs Predator turns out to have a bit in common with Prometheus and Covenant. I think I read a blog post about that. They should have replaced the precursors with Predators.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
What I gather from the responses in this thread is that no one has listened to the AVP episode yet, cause this may be one of their funniest episodes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Apes-Ma posted:

What I gather from the responses in this thread is that no one has listened to the AVP episode yet, cause this may be one of their funniest episodes.

The left-handed Predator bit was fantastic.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Gonz posted:

The left-handed Predator bit was fantastic.

"Mother, bring me my toilet!"

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've been using The Podcast Souce, and it won't update with the new episode. Guess I gotta switch to a new app.

Pocketcasts is my suggestion. There's even a desktop option which is rad because you can use your media keys with it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I bought Pocket Casts this week and it works great. It does the thing that you want it to do without being annoying, which is all I really ask of podcast app.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
You're not the pool boy!

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I embarrassed myself in public by laughing at their "serious Predator scholar" character. "Get the tapes! AND the books!"

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

There's an industry story that's been around for awhile that claims James Cameron had written a script for an Alien "reboot" after Alien: Ressurrection, and had been in contact with Sigourney Weaver and Ridley Scott to star and direct, respectively. As it goes, Fox went with AVP instead, and nothing more came of the project. If the story is true, it's kind of mind blowing to think that the winds blew that way. I'm not a big fan of Prometheus, but most of my issues stem from the script. I can only wonder what would have shaken out if that team had gotten together.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
My super-nerdy takeaway from the episode was those jokes about archeologists instantly reading the hieroglyphic scroll. That also bugged me about In The Mountains of Madness, the Lovecraft story. So maybe AvP is the movie version of that that we got instead of Del Toro's?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Prometheus was the Mountains of Madness adaptation we got instead of Del Toro's.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Pretty funny episode. The Arnold bits and the left handed predator bits were great.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Andrew Jupin Vs Stephen Sadjak Vs Chris Cabin Vs Eric Syzka!

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The Deleter posted:

Andrew Jupin Vs Stephen Sadjak Vs Chris Cabin Vs Eric Syzka!

I'd play that fighting game.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I'd play that fighting game.

With Justin Case, Ben Worcester and Vinny Brusco as hidden fighters.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Christopher Lambert as the announcer. Final boss is an unbeatable Wilford Brimley. Some stages have ladies throwing foil-wrapped fish from the sidelines

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Instead of "Finish him", the announcer yells "Figure it out!"

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Finally donated to the Patreon. Man, $8 for The Nexus is a steal. The story about Picard potty-training Data is HORRIFYING.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Kirk/Bones slash fic at the end of episode 8 had me absolutely howling with laughter, especially at Andrew and Steve's horrified reactions.

"SHARP TUGS?!?!?!?!?"

"HE DIDN'T EVEN TAKE THAT loving SMOCK OFF?!"

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

My local Cult Movie Night is showing EVILSPEAK tonight... dunno if I should listen to the episode before it & bite the jokes or after to avoid spoilers.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The last two eps have been like double the file size of other episodes and it loving sucks because I like storing them but if it's gonna be 80 megs a week, I dunno how feasible that is. :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The last two eps have been like double the file size of other episodes and it loving sucks because I like storing them but if it's gonna be 80 megs a week, I dunno how feasible that is. :(
...is 80 megs a lot? When did that become the case?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

...is 80 megs a lot? When did that become the case?

It's a pretty sizable amount when I'm storing them en masse and try to keep my hard drive as uncluttered as possible. :shobon:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Why are you storing them? Just stream them like a normal person.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Oh man, imagine how many goons would cream themselves is being a weeaboo was classified as a mental illness.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Man, Andrew is so good at blowing raspberries. I wish I could do half as good ones as he can

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

well why not posted:

Pocketcasts is my suggestion. There's even a desktop option which is rad because you can use your media keys with it.

I've been using Overcast, which has some really cool features. One of which is that it dynamically shortens silences, but in a way that still sounds natural. In the last month since I started using it, the app says it's saved my 2 hours using it.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
For some reason I had convinced myself they had done The Pest. After checking the episode list, I know what I have to request in the future.

....It's The Pest.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If there ever was a film that said absolutely nothing, it would be The Pest.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I'm really not looking to them do all the Transformers movies. Everyone and their dog has been tearing those movie down for ten years now.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That's a great idea, because not only is that movie insane, it features Jeffrey Jones as the villain so we'll get more jokes about The Troubles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Listening to an old mailbag, the one with summer camp stories, and the "Day Camp - UWAAA-AAAH - fuckin' on the night camp - *chrous* UWAAA-AAAAH" bit both kills me and drives me crazy because I have no idea what the hell it's referencing