Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Basically Reinhardt has a much higher ceiling because he has a brave tome and horse buffs gives him at least +6 atk/spd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
How do I fight stronger teams in arena? I am using a team of 5*, LV40 units with all their skill slots full, and I am still fighting mostly 680 teams.

Last week I got to fight a bunch of 692 teams that had 4 Armor units with distant counter, and that was great because Armor units are bad, but Getting 4770 out of a deathless run feels kind of weak.

Sitting here at 3600/4200 and worried I'm gonna have to perfect finish this again and pray the RNG for team selection is more on my side

EDIT: VV Does Fury help with that? Been thinking of giving Xander Fury 3 to go with Vantage, and then +12 to his BST sounds like it should get me into 4800 and Tier 18.

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 17, 2017

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Gensuki posted:

How do I fight stronger teams in arena? I am using a team of 5*, LV40 units with all their skill slots full, and I am still fighting mostly 680 teams.

Last week I got to fight a bunch of 692 teams that had 4 Armor units with distant counter, and that was great because Armor units are bad, but Getting 4770 out of a deathless run feels kind of weak.

Sitting here at 3600/4200 and worried I'm gonna have to perfect finish this again and pray the RNG for team selection is more on my side
Run units with a higher base stats. Two main options for this: armor characters or merged characters.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Gensuki posted:

EDIT: VV Does Fury help with that? Been thinking of giving Xander Fury 3 to go with Vantage, and then +12 to his BST sounds like it should get me into 4800 and Tier 18.
Make sure you're running as many of the highest level skills in those slots, not just having the slots filled. Fury will not count for raising base stats. Merging helps the most.

Sounds like you might have just got a bad draw though, there's a lot of variance.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Gensuki posted:

Fury used to, but no longer does after the first arena rebalancing I believe, but someone may correct me. Calvary has a lower total stat points than just regular infantry, so its not as easy to get higher scores without them.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Lovechop posted:

who are the best anti-reinhardt heroes? i hate him a whole lot

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

this is so great :allears:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Fritzler posted:

Fury used to, but no longer does after the first arena rebalancing I believe, but someone may correct me. Calvary has a lower total stat points than just regular infantry, so its not as easy to get higher scores without them.

I think Fury still does actually in that it's a level 3 skill so that the influence is much smaller than it used to be.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ChronoReverse posted:

I think Fury still does actually both in that it's a level 3 skill and that it increases BST a bit except that the influence is much smaller than it used to be.
Yeah, skill inheritance in general apparently provides a buff, but it's nowhere near the level it was when it would give you +12 points.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

UHD posted:

this is so great :allears:

You should have seen the first ones. They were essentially what led to that picture. :allears:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

this is beautiful and very moving thank you

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Even though Robin is going to lose, I've made about 9000 feathers so picking the losing team has paid off I think. I failed to even rank for the last round Camilla previously and decided that picking the winning team was a losing cause.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Does inheriting skills provide more of a buff than equipping the character's default skills?

Right Now I have Xander with Armored Blow so he can have an easier time cleaning up Vantage Takumi and Hector and (?) Anna (?). Would replacing that help him out?

EDIT: wow the wording on this is poo poo ambiguous. Would replacing Armored Blow with Defense +3 increase the difficulty/score of my arena opponents?

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 18, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

This keeps getting funnier the more I look at it. I've been sick as a dog all week and I can't stop laughing. :allears: Thanks for that!

Folt The Bolt posted:

You should have seen the first ones. They were essentially what led to that picture. :allears:

Mm hmm. Go on. I'm listening.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Let's be honest, Julia doesn't need those buffs.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Robin might actually get that last second win since it is possible for the 3x to trigger on the last hour.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Snipee posted:

Robin might actually get that last second win since it is possible for the 3x to trigger on the last hour.

Don't get your hopes too high. Sanaki and Julia both had that chance too

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I'm Team Tharja. If it makes you guys feel better though, my cumulative score is 988,078, and I am ranked exactly at 10,001. I have no flags left.

Snipee fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 18, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The 3x is going to kick in after I've spent my last 200 flags

I can feel it

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

The 3x is going to kick in after I've spent my last 200 flags

I can feel it

You have the perfect avatar for this post.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
So what's the best part of this game? At first, I was excited but now I've got a 5* Lyn and a 5* Linde and I'm steam-rolling through the story and it's not very challenging and it seems like it mostly feels like I go through simple battles, get more units, and level them up through simple battles so that I can get more units (through quest bonuses).

Is this basically a Fire Emblem version of Brave Frontier?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Arena is the part of the game that keeps you coming back

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

oliveoil posted:

So what's the best part of this game? At first, I was excited but now I've got a 5* Lyn and a 5* Linde and I'm steam-rolling through the story and it's not very challenging and it seems like it mostly feels like I go through simple battles, get more units, and level them up through simple battles so that I can get more units (through quest bonuses).

The "meat" of the game is the arena (PvP) and, to a lesser extent, the quests. The story is secondary at best and mostly serves as a way to give you orbs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Hey Andrast, did you end up promoting to 17 despite using a 4* Zephiel out of curiosity?

Nope but it was really close. I was only like 500 places away from it.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

oliveoil posted:

The last few story maps can be legitimately challenging on lunatic

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Huh, today I learned doing a gauntlet fight rerolls your training towers matches, if you ever need to do that and want to save one stamina

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Well, we tried, Team Robin. We tried.

Quick question while I'm here. I ended up with a second mounted healer off the Celica banner. This time it's Priscilla. Who would be better, her or Clarine? They're both -HP/+Res and I don't have any particular affinity for either of them.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

Well, we tried, Team Robin. We tried.

Quick question while I'm here. I ended up with a second mounted healer off the Celica banner. This time it's Priscilla. Who would be better, her or Clarine? They're both -HP/+Res and I don't have any particular affinity for either of them.

The best mounted healer is Elise because she does her best just like Nino

But seriously, Priscilla naturally has rehabilitate (the best healing ability) so I'm going to say she's better

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Priscilla gets doubled by a lot of characters without a +Speed nature while Clarine doesn't. They're both marginally worse versions of Elise but Clarine is slightly better (after skill inheritance for a Horse Emblem team, which is the only time you should be using either).

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Rehabilitate can be moved to whoever you want, and Elise has the best Atk stat to make use of wrathful staff, so if you had both you could just make Elise better imo.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I switched over Priscilla simply because I hated the snobby classist flavor text that came with Clarine's level ups, but the difference comes down to whether you want Rehabilitate to better heal your units towards full health or Swift Winds Balm for a speed buff with your heals. The Still-Water Balm for buff resistance is not as useful, and if you really want to build a horse healer, I would feed one of them to the other for the skill inheritance. If you just want to use your healers for training purposes, Clarine also has Fear as a weapon for lowering the enemy's attack stat by 6.

Snipee fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 18, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

For some strange reason, the Voting Gauntlet quests are apparently still around for another 3 hours, despite the gauntlet closing in 54 minutes. Strange, since there's nothing other than flags available in that tab, and you can't keep flags for the next time. That's not the daily server refresh time either, unless it's really rounding down.

GLAAD trash bags posted:

Rehabilitate can be moved to whoever you want, and Elise has the best Atk stat to make use of wrathful staff, so if you had both you could just make Elise better imo.

Or just give your healer of choice a Pain staff, and proceed to ignore their ATK stat entirely. Sure they can't kill anything, but non-Training Tower healers don't have a particularly great ATK (Wrathful Staff or no) regardless - Elise is still mediocre at best overall.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So, over a billion point difference is the same? Okay.

I'm guessing the difference between characters to get from same to winning/losing is percentage based, but does anyone know the percentage?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

gently caress, I was busy loving around on my new computer and missed out on the chances to spend flags during the 10PM round and now I'm sitting on 200 unused flags.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

I'm guessing the difference between characters to get from same to winning/losing is percentage based, but does anyone know the percentage?

Ten, I think.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What's the best way to make Xander a sword God? Is there a go-to method of making him Horselord Supreme?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I have more than 20k feathers for the first time and im not sure who i want to promote to 5 star, if anyone. Ill have to take a look tomorrow

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

BlazeEmblem posted:

It said 10% in the update initially, which makes sense because 2.7 billion or so was the trigger for the last x3 at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Praise be to the scantly clad stalker! There's another 20k feathers and I'm tossing up between:
- Cecilia (+SPD, - DEF), and I'm going to build her with Gronnblade
- Xander, to replace Leo on my pony team because Leo is trash
- Zephiel because I lack a 5* red armour unit and I have a spare Distant Counter for him

Decisions! Decisions!

Nihilarian posted:

I have more than 20k feathers for the first time and im not sure who i want to promote to 5 star, if anyone. Ill have to take a look tomorrow
As a general rule:

Your husbando/waifu > a good-natured version of whatever weapon type you're lacking > a good natured version of whatever movement type you're lacking > Shareena > Anna > Alfonse = a decent healer = save your feathers.

Check their IVs before promoting and post the good ones here as well as what team you usually run/what you already have 5*'d and we'll help.