Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Prolly best to make sure that video is at the top of every page in the thread from now one.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The guys at Namco have put together a recap for the first 3 Tekken games in case you're new to the story. With the rest probably coming soon.

It's a very serious and heartwarming tale.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

IMO they should've included the extremely canonical and important scene of Heihachi biting an axe from the otherwise garbage T2 anime movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5rbxDRdVUs

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Man, after thousands of hours spent in Tekken 2-TTT2 I was sure I'd never play another one since I don't have access to a console and don't want to spend that kind of money, so I'm pretty hype for the PC release. I remember there being a playable version of T7 at an arcade I went to in 2014, how did it take this long before the home release?

Looking forward to deathfisting fools and screwing up EWGFs all day, but Kazumi is also looking really fun to play.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I was looking for more info on Miguel and I found a useful video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVR3NussHQk

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

miguel: hunky spaniard who kicks rear end

that guy: some wino

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
is paul the most ryu of tekken chars? have i been living a lie my whole tekken life?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Insofar as the whole cast has to figure out how to alter their game plan around you pressing qcf+p, they are basically exactly the same!

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
:negative:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Also Paul is kind of a karate(/judo) bum and they wear the same lovely frayed gi and they're simpler than their respective casts so yeah they really are kind of similar.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Paul Phoenix being a judoka will never not be funny. My favorite part of judo practice was always repeatedly deathfisting people against a wall.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The guys at Namco have put together a recap for the first 3 Tekken games in case you're new to the story. With the rest probably coming soon.

This is so amazing.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Veib posted:

Paul Phoenix being a judoka will never not be funny. My favorite part of judo practice was always repeatedly deathfisting people against a wall.

Judo is cool

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Very informative. Should be added to the OP.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

boxcarhobo posted:

miguel: hunky spaniard who kicks rear end

that guy: some wino

Actually Eric Jacobus owns super hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5xAbp1SW5c

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

inthesto posted:

Actually Eric Jacobus owns super hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5xAbp1SW5c

yeah i was more just commenting on the style and how it made him look

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
What are the usual rules for stage selection at tournaments, since stages have different layouts? It seems like it's just randomly selected at the start of a set and then randomed again if someone changes characters, but can a player request a fresh stage after a match?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Random select is pretty much the tourney standard (Evo lets you pick a stage if both players agree; if not, you random). As in any tournament for any other fg, if you've won a match there is no reason for you to expect that you get to return to character select unless the other guy wants to. People don't generally whine about stages bc it's not like it's the Smash community.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Brosnan posted:

People don't generally whine about stages bc it's not like it's the Smash community.

Forgotten Temple has 3 floor breaks that cover the entire stage and it also has random half second freezes in the arcade version. 😭

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The OP mentions controllers but not much more. Is everyone using a Dual Shock?

I was thinking of using the same Xbox360 controller I've been using for every PC game but after trying it out on an emulated Dark Ressurection (for some babby practice and to get a better grip on the controls) it seems like the d-pad really sucks for Tekken? I'm not sure if it's the controller or my thumb, but I really struggled to do diagonal inputs. :( Because of this I've spent the last few hours getting my Wii U Pro Controller to work on my PC and it seems to work a lot better. I'm sure it has its own problems (looks like a claw grip would be really awkward on it due to right stick position) but it should suit me fine as a casual newbie yeah?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, definitely Dual Shock. Xbox d-pad is really awful for fighting games.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bone controller is pretty good but I've only played ki for like an hour

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
When's Julia and lei?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Can we have a thread title? I vote for "deathfist my rear end, paul phoenix"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Tekken 7: Akuma's Side Hustle

That's all I got :shrug:

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Akuma and Kuma's Excellent Adventure

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Waiter, there's a narco titty vampire in my DLC

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Luna Was Here posted:

deathfist my rear end, paul phoenix

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
This came up in chat but I played mostly VF rather than Tekken. I think it was explained to me that VF is mostly taking turns doing your thing between opponents, whereas Tekken is more about taking the opponent's turn. This makes sense to me, so I figured I'd post it here in the event it helps someone else too!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
2 more weeks!

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Tekken has always been popular in Finland (there was no Capcom scene before SF4, it was all Tekken with a small slice of Guilty Gear on the side) and now our scene is gonna have a tournament specifically for T7 and oh hey they're flying JDCR over to win it. I haven't played in a Tekken tournament since 5 but I think I should probably go. I don't even have PS4 stick, gently caress.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Is Snoop in this game, rapping about Tekken? If not I am afraid this game is a hard pass for me

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Is Snoop in this game, rapping about Tekken? If not I am afraid this game is a hard pass for me

Only ps4 has the jukebox mode where you can choose old music and if Knocc em down isn't in there there'll be riots

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Luna Was Here posted:

Only ps4 has the jukebox mode where you can choose old music and if Knocc em down isn't in there there'll be riots

it isn't

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKOFXfYejek

lol whats up with that rock

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I WANT DRUNKEN BOXING...hic.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sometimes Reddit comes through with a winner: