Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok let's try and squeeze in one more of these before deadline

Bifauxnen posted:

Previously on peraMYST: a ragtag group of 20 people linked into Myst. After arriving on the docks, they began to spread out and explore.

Most of the crew went to the Library, expecting that to be the best place to go for linking book action. However, the doors were sealed so no one could do anything yet except think about their wincons. The foul traditions of Sa were already taking root in the adventurer’s minds, making everyone wonder how to get the best of each other. Some people had noble goals, others had evil ones… but everyone had a rival or enemy they wished to outlive.

However, Corn Crowell, (now pictured with the moon icon) the closest thing to a leader so far, insisted that everyone could surely still work together, under the rule of “No Murders, No Bamboozles”. The popular pitfighter Chell seconded this sentiment, and vowed to help enforce it. The inventor Dr. Annie Carter also wished the group could work together, but wondered how much she could trust Corn’s words… after all, she was there with pure motives of discovery, and he was her rival that she wished to outlive out of spite. Surely that meant he must be a badguy in on some big evil conspiracy that reached to the top?!

Meanwhile, at the Statue Garden, a much smaller group split off and found a puzzle related to the star signs. They got some loot while they chatted amongst themselves, but the mysterious hermit Kemet Hays wasn’t saying much.

At the Cabin, Zulea had a private chat with Kaywinnet Lee Miller, a famous engineer and major VIP, the prestigious and successful Director of the Sa Science Institute! Unlike her brother…

Zanzian Miller, a mercenary who had been hired to protect the expedition. But how much could he be trusted with such a troubled and violent criminal past? (fwiw Auspol would love him, he robbed the hell out of this one rich dude) He had also split off from the group, sneaking his way back to the docks alone for some unknown reason.

Although Zan was quickly spotted, a couple others were much better at hiding, and remained unseen. How long was the No Murders rule really going to last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
update inaccurate

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##kill mmt

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is a stickup posted:

update inaccurate

ack you're right I had your layer still turned off you're just good at hiding ok!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

WHAT

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Its 8:00 where I am :colbert:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
VOTECOUNT FOR DAY 1

GulagDolls (3): Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Lumpen, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman
Infinitum (2): Max, this is a stickup, Murmur Twin, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, Murmur Twin
Mr. F! (2): Infinitum, chaoslord, Infinitum, Murmur Twin
Murmur Twin (2): Mr. F!, Mr. F!, Mr. F!, GulagDolls
Flying Leatherman (1): Infinitum
Bifauxnen (1): Podima, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Lynch No One! (1): Birdstrike
Moatillata (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Podima (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Quidthulhu (0): chaoslord, chaoslord
chaoslord (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (3): curiousCat, Flying Leatherman, Quidthulhu

WITH 15 ALIVE, IT'S 8 VOTES TO CONSUME. THE CURRENT DEADLINE IS May 17th, 2017 at 6 p.m. PDT -- THAT'S IN ABOUT 30 minutes.

THE WRETCHED INTRUDERS HAVE YET TO BE ELIMINATED.

:black101: GLORIOUS HONOUR VOTE :black101:

Bifauxnen (2) - Moatillata, Quidthulu
this is a stickup (2) - chaoslord, Flying Leatherman
Moatillata (1) - Bifauxnen
Max (1) - GulagDolls
Mr. F (1) - Lumpen
Lumpen (1) - Mr. F
GulagDolls (1) - Max
curiousCat (1) - Murmur Twin
chaoslord (1) - Podima
Murmur Twin (1) - this is a stickup

Not voting: Birdstrike, curiousCat, Infinitum

BIF AND THIS IS A STICKUP SHALL RECEIVE THE SLUTTIEST CORPSE. FEAST WELL, FRIENDS.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
MMT - Delta Squad; 10 soldiers HAS BEEN CONSUMED BY MR. F!

HIS GREED PLEASES NOT THE HIVEMOTHER, BUT SO SHALL IT BE.

THE SUN SETS ON THE GLORIOUS HIVEMOTHER'S LANDS.

24 HOURS FROM THE ORIGINAL DEADLINE TO GET YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS IN.

THREE HONORINGS HAVE GIVEN WAY TO THE POTENTIAL FOR INTRUDERS TO MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE CORPSE OF BELOVED VIVANOVA, YOU SICKEN THE HIVEMOTHER WITH YOUR TREACHERY.

peramene fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 18, 2017

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
VOTECOUNT FOR DAY 2

Not Voting (13): Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, curiousCat, Flying Leatherman, GulagDolls, Infinitum, Lumpen, Max, Moatillata, Mr. F!, Podima, Quidthulhu, this is a stickup

WITH 13 ALIVE, IT'S 7 VOTES TO CONSUME. THE CURRENT DEADLINE IS May 19th, 2017 at 6 p.m. PDT -- THAT'S IN ABOUT 1 day, 5 hours.

THE WRETCHED INTRUDERS HAVE YET TO BE ELIMINATED.

YOU HAVE ELIMINATED SEVERAL WRETCHED INVADERS, YET STILL SEVERAL REMAIN. THE HIVEMOTHER DEMANDS MORE.

THE HIVEMOTHER IS FURIOUS: THE INTRUDERS HAVE MANAGED TO SLAY RAMESSU, OUR FRIEND CHAOSLORD, BY UNKNOWN MEANS.[/b]

TODAY THE HIVEMOTHER OFFERS UP THE ABILITIES OF WHAT IS COMMONLY KNOWN AS "A DOCTOR" TO THE MOST SUBJECTIVELY HONORABLE.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Nvm

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
As the bloodied trees wavered and were uprooted by the might of the Klendan, the losses to the Expedition to Klendu only grew. Delta Squad did not make the rendezvous and the remaining survivors knew why. They had no time to mourn their losses. They split up once again, reporting the information to command.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ideas, fellow humans?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I think stickup is scum

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

GulagDolls posted:

ideas, fellow humans?

Go straight

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:ghost: my glorious return to mafia is over as quickly as it started :rip: :ghost:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

:ghost: my glorious return to mafia is over as quickly as it started :ghost:

THIS IS NOT A DEATH CRY but ok everybody pretend he used zalgo text or something

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I am the town savior.

All bow down to me

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
bif why would you kill slord

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

I think stickup is scum

wow, I decided to let your 7:59 mistake slide and this is how you repay me?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

bif why would you kill slord

Oh jeez

##vote bif

wow, I decided to let your 7:59 mistake slide and this is how you repay me?

I take it back bby

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
curiousCat

Help me help you

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene fudged the rng

bif, cat, and mmt are scum together

peramene posted:

MMT - Delta Squad; 10 soldiers HAS BEEN CONSUMED BY MR. F!

Murmur Twin posted:

quotes bif

:glomp:

quotes cat

##honor Cat

Murmur Twin posted:

Finding out Bif is a shitposter is like finding out Santa Claus isn't real :(

Murmur Twin posted:

Stickup wouldn't lie to me. ##vote bifauxnen

very subtle distancing and silly joke vote from a player almost always intent on pulling the game away from joke phase

Murmur Twin posted:

I have a scum read on Pod based on a double meta call:

(a) that his tone in this case has the false confidence that I associate with his scum game (given the relative vagueness of the point he's trying to make)
(b) that pera would find it hilarious to make Pod scum.

I think his case sounds like he picked Bif as his fake case and then read over her posts trying to spin innocuous stuff as shady.

hard defense of bif for bad reasons. mmt wasn't expecting to be day vigged d1. her points on pod can be said of bif as well, especially b.

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe I should kill all humans, they sound like dicks

:ironicat:

:yeah:

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm telling you guys, it's the water fiend all over again

##vote Gulag

hmmmm

Bifauxnen posted:

btw sorry all for making such a drat long post but I literally cannot resist pointing out how literally everything in Pod's post is wrong wrong wrong, I gotta get payback somehow :v:

after a really bad reaction to a case, bif apologizes for defending herself. not self-conscious, definitely not

Bifauxnen posted:

btw I know I'm dangerous and all but god just wait to NK me, this is just sad! low energy!

more awkwardness

Bifauxnen posted:

wow, I was hoping my shitposting without a care in the world and risking silly posts like that would draw some lovely cases on me but I expected better from you

you weren't hoping this and you are flustered. the tone in your posting is all over the place.

Bifauxnen posted:

Throwing your honor vote around willy nilly means you might throw it to a scum.
Failing to vote sounds like it guarantees you vote for scum.
SO loving VOTE BEFORE YOU BAIL BEFORE DEADLINE :v:

I don't buy this level of pushy in this instance. you're not gaining much by doing this. I am reminded of the ff games where scum openly and vocally have pushed for the safest choice to look extra townie

Bifauxnen posted:

mags: mmt is scum
I think you could be on to something about her reaction, I've enjoyed your little gambit (?) so far with the scumclaims making everyone get all awkward. But other people have also reacted strangely. (like Gulag and Pod :buddy:)

So not sure why you think it's worth trying to force a claim out of her this early.

subtle distancing while still subtly defending mmt.

Bifauxnen posted:

mags: I have a day ending vig and want to kill mmt
Haha fair enough then

boy this sudden full stop tone shift isn't weird. I expected this, as it is normal, and not awkward

Bifauxnen posted:

Omg why didn't you, have you no sense of dramatic timing man

The moment's passed now :unsmith:

subtle tossing of pod as a target while leaving a way to absolve herself if mags does shoot pod

##vote bif

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Birdstrike posted:

curiousCat

Help me help you

what am happen

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cat is a prime candidate for interrogation. I'm pretty good, but accidents can happen.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I buy that bif reasoning + result, want to wait and see what she has to say first tho

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I want to wait and see if stickup bothers correcting that convenient misunderstanding first tho

Also, this is all you need to know the case is fake:

I don't buy this level of pushy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw my point still stands, even if you are buying Stickups' "oh look the scums trying to look all townie town" argument, the least you slackasses can do is not let suspected scum be better at towning than you.

Cast your goddamn honor votes

##honor Birdstrike

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thanks Bif but I lost my honour long ago. I've never fought for anyone but myself.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
also I can't die :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

also I can't die :v:

Yay! Don't see what that has to do with you potentially doctoring somebody else though

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

Yay! Don't see what that has to do with you potentially doctoring somebody else though

That's more of a Naomi thing, don't you think?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I like Stickup's case. I re-read Bif on my own and noted that there is a lot of effort but no sincere Scumhunting in all of it.

##Vote Bifauxnen

Looks like scum gonna get rolled hard this game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lumpen posted:

I like Stickup's case. I re-read Bif on my own and noted that there is a lot of effort but no sincere Scumhunting in all of it.

##Vote Bifauxnen

Looks like scum gonna get rolled hard this game.

Hmmmm so your identical case for Gulag wasn't sincere either?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bif is unlynchable today remember. Honor vote from yesterday sadly. Don't rush and waste today.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Birdstrike posted:

curiousCat

Help me help you

I was refusing to post here until sara read a thing I sent her

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lumpen has been added to my list.

Btw still waiting for your correction Sticks, I mean especially since you went to the effort of making that whole case so you wouldn't need to rely on a fakeclaim

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I am scum

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

bif if you make more fun posts I won't vote for you fucker

(mmt was scum right??? humans bad??))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

curiousCat posted:

bif if you make more fun posts I won't vote for you fucker

(mmt was scum right??? humans bad??))

To be fair I'm sure I could get away with deadposting them too :v:

Yes she was, yes humans bad, yes vote Gulag