Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Wait is titan skating gone? :ohdear:

Apparently warlock and titan skating are both gone. Congrats to all the giant pussies who mained hunters crying about skating you got your wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Anyone here have a pvp video of destiny 2? I want to see how players slide around :D

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PC version may not be out on September 8, no confirmed date yet: http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-pc-release-date/

rekt

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Good, balancing the entire meta around discovered movement styles is bad and 80s gay

Why does literally every game have the fastest travel method be some convoluted process that involves a ton of extra button pressing?

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Wow I didn't know Betty was playing

I'm glad they designed an outfit for me.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Why does literally every game have the fastest travel method be some convoluted process that involves a ton of extra button pressing?

Because the spergs that discover these tricks vastly outnumber the programmers that make the code and think they covered all the edge cases.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

PC version may not be out on September 8, no confirmed date yet: http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-pc-release-date/

rekt

I'll just play my PS4 copy in the meantime :shrug:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Because the spergs that discover these tricks vastly outnumber the programmers that make the code and think they covered all the edge cases.

No not always. Most games it's faster to repeatedly roll or some poo poo to travel in a straight line. This is hella lame.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

is ther4 a mac version

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Alteisen should not be your role model.

Pick a side. :colbert:

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

This is what I will most certainly be doing! But Xbox version

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still holding my breath for mobile

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It seems almost like a bad idea to split the D2 threads on the basis of platform, but the things that'd be dependent on are still in the Rumor stage (cross-saving, release dates) and some things that are hard fact (Bone Krew unstoppable)

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Menstrual Show posted:

is ther4 a mac version

Will this game be playable on my early-2015 12" MacBook??

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRUbWDEzKnw

Also,

quote:

"We're not committed to a PC date yet, but at Bungie we're totally committed to making a PC build as great as we can," Smith said. "Our partnership with Blizzard and being on Battle.net, we want to make sure that this version of the game has the time it needs to bake in the oven so it's a delicious piece of bread when it comes out."

http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-pc-release-date/

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

Apparently warlock and titan skating are both gone. Congrats to all the giant pussies who mained hunters crying about skating you got your wish.

I'll miss skating, on the other hand the game cannot have people just go "bunny hop" in a game that is purposefully slow and where it's relatively difficult to even strafe around to avoid splash damage from missiles. This is not quake.

They either had to keep both blink bladecancers and titan skating (and build pvp on it, therefore rebuilding the whole pve around that kind of mobility) or just complete the nerf to mobility and remove skating.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Probs play on PC and PS4, text chat is to good to pass up.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Tei posted:

Anyone here have a pvp video of destiny 2? I want to see how players slide around :D

I don't think they can be released until later tonight

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Waffle House posted:

It seems almost like a bad idea to split the D2 threads on the basis of platform, but the things that'd be dependent on are still in the Rumor stage (cross-saving, release dates) and some things that are hard fact (Bone Krew unstoppable)

Actually it's good to segregate PC gamers from the console folks.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Waffle House posted:

The laat thread was already getting aids. We had to cut out the corruption.

Also

Supers take bonus damage from elemental weps. Goldie has 6 shots but shorter duration.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/iHkB9Lo.gifv

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Actually it's good to segregate PC gamers from the console folks.

fair, but hopefully doesn't get too weird with any double dipping that happens

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
E: it's only weird if you make it weird

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

The laat thread was already getting aids. We had to cut out the corruption.

You just had to wait until christmas to declare victory, in the meanwhile you could have mocked the people talking about their ryzens with 32gb of ram and 15 minutes crucible waiting queue.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Still holding my breath for mobile

Jumping would be really fast on an iWatch.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

:vince:

e WAIT since when is cheesefactory Bone Krew?!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

lmao

"we're actually not done porting it yet" ~a bungie employee

enjoy your console port ya fuckin dorks

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

limaCAT posted:

You just had to wait until christmas to declare victory, in the meanwhile you could have mocked the people talking about their ryzens with 32gb of ram and 15 minutes crucible waiting queue.

I will not enjoy this part of the PC port but oh well

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Why does wrecks turn into cheese factory?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

Every PC gaming thread on this forum features a massive amount of "my graphics card drivers won't let me enable v-sync" type bullshit that sucks major rear end and all such posters should be fired into the sun. Separating the threads was far too merciful imho.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

in extremely gay pc gamer voice: actually i have the correct kind of ram

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Every PC gaming thread on this forum features a massive amount of "my graphics card drivers won't let me enable v-sync" type bullshit that sucks major rear end and all such posters should be fired into the sun. Separating the threads was far too merciful imho.

Ah. Yeah, guess this is just a shortcoming on my part, but I pretty much only post itt on this here Games forum

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

:vince:

e WAIT since when is cheesefactory Bone Krew?!

He's on both sides for some reason.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Typing "Destiny thread" into Bing gives results for Hardforum and Reddit.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
They really say player made custom emblems at one point too? Or was I just imagining things?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffle House posted:

Ah. Yeah, guess this is just a shortcoming on my part, but I pretty much only post itt on this here Games forum

Same here.. Actually, I did dabble in the Andromeda thread for a bit, and he's right. As has been said a thousand times before, it shouldn't be difficult for someone to start a hardware thread if they can't figure out where the Optimize button is in Nvidia control panel or whatever. Nobody wants to read about that poo poo, myself included.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

el B posted:

We still have 4 months of Destiny 1 to play!

don't tell me what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Saying "Destiny PC Thread" in front of a mirror three times make your virginity last one year longer.