Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

there's another thing that gets you instant meat at the press of a button its called grindr

I'm a lesbinum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The one poster never told me how the Montreal Costco was.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kirkland pesto on the sweet tortellini is the bomb

dot com

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
just about as retarded as you'd think
key costco items for life

that 64oz bucket of kimchi
unscented detergent
calamari salad/seaweed salad
frozen mix of mussels, clams, calamari, and shrimp
jug of kalamata olives, or literally any pickled item from that aisle (you know the one)
clif builder bars (protein packed +tasty)
costco blanco tequila
coconut oil (for literally everything except cooking)
2 gallons of distilled vinegar
friday poke bar
2doz pasture eggs for like $8
kirkland trail socks

costco fails
kirkland canned diced tomatoes (had a bunch of green flavorless tomatoes in it)
kirkland chopped sundried tomatoes in oil (it was like just a bunch of tomato skins???)
an air mattress with a built in pillow (sucked to sleep on)
pacific almond milk that tasted like dust.
nice olive oil (its nice, but it goes rancid before i get through it, and tj's has it for the same price)

ofc i just returned them for a full refund

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I feel like a 64 oz of kimchi would make me begin to sweat fermented and eventually no one would want to be near me.

I like the small jar of it from Safeway in my fridge :kimchi:

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
just about as retarded as you'd think
that jar from safeway is bad and small (ive had it) and this one is good and big

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I made a discovery today friends! Kirkland individually sealed frozen chicken breasts. This is gonna take my no flavor sous vide chicken to the next level! Praise be!

I have been buying a big bag of those chicken titties once a month, every month, for the last 5ish years. super easy to store and they make great meals every time. sometimes I pound em flat and fry a few up for breakfast, sometimes I dice em and add that Costco pesto, toss with pasta and you got yourself a piss easy dinner that makes plenty of leftovers.

now that I'm thinking about it I've never gotten anything from Costco freezers that didn't turn out good.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Goddamn so many pro-tier posts in here I can't keep up.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FogHelmut posted:

$119 cash back from my Executive Membership.

Just realized how much I had to spend to get that. :aaaaa:

My mom got back 1200 last year. They use their card for literally everything though and just pay off the balance immediately.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Straight eating some this Kirkky Pesto out the bottle while my chickies finish in the oven.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what's the shelf life on that costco pesto y'all?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Straight eating some this Kirkky Pesto out the bottle while my chickies finish in the oven.

you are an animal

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

smoobles posted:

i actually forgot about my half bottle for 2 weeks... still 100%... so at least two weeks.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
Do they have beef jerky at Costco? I hope so, all the convenience stores around me sell those stupid little 1oz bags or whatever for huge money.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FanofPortals posted:

Do they have beef jerky at Costco? I hope so, all the convenience stores around me sell those stupid little 1oz bags or whatever for huge money.

yeah. the kirkland steak-cut brand is actually really good, i end up eating a whole bag after 2 days though since i have no self control and loving love jerky

stay away from "chef's choice/(cut?)" brand, it's garbage. they also have pacific gold which I used to really like in the 90s but last few times I've tried it I didn't like it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

smoobles posted:

I would say about a month fairly comfortably. Probably wouldn't push it past that though.

Costco pesto used to be really loving good and cheap, full of basil and pine nuts. they've revamped their recipe several times and now it's mostly all cheese, vaguely green food coloring, salt, and trace amounts of basil with some garlic flavor, but still a decent buy, just not as awesome as it used to be (prolly since pine nuts+basil were too expensive)

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 18, 2017

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Xaris posted:

yeah. the kirkland steak-cut brand is actually really good, i end up eating a whole bag after 2 days though since i have no self control and loving love jerky

stay away from "chef's choice/(cut?)" brand, it's garbage. they also have pacific gold which I used to really like in the 90s but last few times I've tried it I didn't like it.

Awesome. I've been meaning to get a Costco membership but was always too lazy and just went to the nearest grocery store instead.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Xaris posted:

I would say about a month fairly comfortably. Probably wouldn't push it past that though.

Costco pesto used to be really loving good and cheap, full of basil and pine nuts. they've revamped their recipe several times and now it's mostly all cheese, vaguely green food coloring, salt, and trace amounts of basil with some garlic flavor, but still a decent buy, just not as awesome as it used to be (prolly since pine nuts+basil were too expensive)

I must have gotten a bad one then since it was fully basil and no food coloring? Strange. Not many pine nuts though.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

smoobles posted:

:eng101: freeze that extra Kirkland Signature Basil Pesto in the Oxo No-Spill Ice Cube Tray (2 pack), then store the pesto cubes in the Ziplock Gallon Smart Zip Freezer Bags (4 pack) and throw them in the Danby 7.1cu ft Chest Freezer. They'll last about six months in the freezer and it's super easy to grab a few at a time for cooking.

Costco provides.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I loving looove their parmigiano reggiano wedges, they get us the best part of the wheel.

naem
May 29, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I have been buying a big bag of those chicken titties once a month, every month, for the last 5ish years. super easy to store and they make great meals every time. sometimes I pound em flat and fry a few up for breakfast, sometimes I dice em and add that Costco pesto, toss with pasta and you got yourself a piss easy dinner that makes plenty of leftovers.

now that I'm thinking about it I've never gotten anything from Costco freezers that didn't turn out good.

same

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Gonna be stocking up tomorrow for a CROSS COUNTRY ROAD TRIP. Gimme your best recs im counting on you guys.

Ps: everything will either be in a cooler or just sitting in the car, reccomend accordingly

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

There is a Costco Grand opening at 8am tomorrow in North KC. Our 4th in the area.

Maybe I'll blow off work and check it out.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Have Blue posted:

Gonna be stocking up tomorrow for a CROSS COUNTRY ROAD TRIP. Gimme your best recs im counting on you guys.

Ps: everything will either be in a cooler or just sitting in the car, reccomend accordingly

Right now you can get 30 natures valley protein bars for 10 bucks. They hella good too.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Have Blue posted:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Have Blue posted:

jerky, protein/cliff/granola bars, nuts, muffin calorie bombs, pub mix, some candy like gummy bears or something, big box of gum, giant box of apples, case of sparkling water, vitamins/allergy/excedrin as necessary

also grats, i havent done a road trip in several years. wish I could

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I took one of those large Costco tubs of salted pretzels into my office last week and it was gone in 48 hours.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Costcos nuts in the hard plastic containers aren't a good deal. The Kirkland walnuts in the plastic beg are excellent however

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

No Butt Stuff posted:

There is a Costco Grand opening at 8am tomorrow in North KC. Our 4th in the area.

Maybe I'll blow off work and check it out.

Show up tonight after 6 and get the VIP treatment / meet executives.

They get a catering company to cook up stuff and have the regular food court fare too. All for free.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Math You posted:

Show up tonight after 6 and get the VIP treatment / meet executives.

They get a catering company to cook up stuff and have the regular food court fare too. All for free.

That sounds awesome, I hope I'll get to enjoy this experience some time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

That sounds awesome, I hope I'll get to enjoy this experience some time.

On Earth a... Valhalla.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

eating out of one of these right now

also the metal tins of blistered peanuts are the best peanuts

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Good suggestions. I'll keep them in mind on my pilgrimage tomorrow, maybe throw in a pic of the haul

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 18, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Marcona-Almonds%2C-17.63-oz.product.100333695.html

Thinkin' bout them almonds

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Thinking about getting a membership...

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I loving looove their parmigiano reggiano wedges, they get us the best part of the wheel.
Yes :pray:

Over There posted:

Thinking about getting a membership...
Do it

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

just bought some tickets to a local zoo for 50% from costco and they send them to my email.

thanks costco!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I haven't purchased any gift cards yet from Costco but it's amazing they sell money for cheap!

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
The Tire Center is awesome because if the tire gets hosed up by whatever it's a cheap replacement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Had one of my Kirkland dogs for dinner (the same kind they serve at the food court) minus the bun, with real German sauerkraut from Aldi, and plenty of Silver Spring jalapeno and chipotle mustards. Pro-tier dinner for sure.

The Seafood Roadshow is back next weekend, and my buddy will be in town so I want to get both kinds of the ahi tuna poke for him to try. I've been raving about them to him for over a year now. Poor guy took his mom to Hawaii last year and never got to try poke out there, since his mom is a big baby who only eats the simplest, blandest foods.