Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GIVE IT TO ME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
They took out the crazy eye! Ridiculous.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

ShinGoji needed a rest after working on the English dub.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh God how do you dub that movie

That is like the least friendly movie to dub ever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funimation finds a way.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

or maybe they didnt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's the grand adventure of life.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am going to laugh my rear end off if they leave all the terrible original English dialogue and only dub over the Japanese.

Just, that would be perfect.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
EXTRAS looks loving dire, too

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Burkion posted:

I am going to laugh my rear end off if they leave all the terrible original English dialogue and only dub over the Japanese.

Just, that would be perfect.

Even better if they hire actors to do the dub an a style impersonating the original English dialog.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

So I finally broke down and decided I need to own every Godzilla movie. I bought all of the Blu-ray releases I don't own yet (only about 6 of them), plus the DVD box set from Classic Media. That left only two that I needed: Son of Godzilla, and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. Both of these are out of print and fetching stupid prices on ebay. But a little searching brought me to these places (I hope they're legit because I ordered them both): Son of Godzilla for $10, and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla for $30. Anyone ever bought anything from these sites?

Dylazodelan
Nov 9, 2009
I know a lot of people have gotten the out-of-print films (which until recently included The Return of Godzilla) from this site called Sumo Gorilla. The site's obviously selling bootlegs, but they're good quality ones.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm praying to the gods of lisencing that all of the out of print/never been Godzillas will hit bluray when King of the Monsters comes out.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I made a Letterboxd Godzilla list to help myself and others keep them straight: https://letterboxd.com/caiman/list/all-the-godzillas-so-many-godzillas/detail/

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Charles Dance is gonna be in the next American Godzilla movie and I legitimately can't wait to see how they manage to waste a great character actor this time around.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

HannibalBarca posted:

Charles Dance is gonna be in the next American Godzilla movie and I legitimately can't wait to see how they manage to waste a great character actor this time around.

Who did they waste in the last movie?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Detective No. 27 posted:

ERMAGHAD BRYAN KRANSTON!?!?!!

...I hate that poo poo, glad he died.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aaron Taylor Johnson was great in my opinion.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Detective No. 27 posted:

David Strathairn and Sally Hawkins. Two Oscar nominees given garbage roles.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Juliette Binoche was pretty wasted in Godzilla 2014 I'd say.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Choco1980 posted:

That was a really deep pull for someone that's in the movie for like 90 seconds. It's like Julie Delpy in Avengers 2. Did she have cut scenes or something?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I kind of loved the opening bits of G14, and if we'd gotten more of that level of emotional involvement instead of Woody McStoneface and his amazingly lifelike familial units, I probably would have liked the film a lot more.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Choco1980 posted:

She at least had something to do (die, unfortunately), but Sally Hawkins had a character that could have been portrayed just as efficiently by an extra off the street. It was such a waste.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Why can't my army guys be crazy action guys instead of a man who is stunned that a giant lizard has shown up on earth.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Choco1980 posted:

Well she got wasted alright.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Vintersorg posted:

Why can't my army guys be crazy action guys instead of a man who is stunned that a giant lizard has shown up on earth.

A narrative about how calm rationality is useless in the face of nuclear dinosaur god doesn't really work if your leading character is already a nutbar in act one.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

HannibalBarca posted:

She at least had something to do (die, unfortunately), but Sally Hawkins had a character that could have been portrayed just as efficiently by an extra off the street. It was such a waste.

Well, maybe they'll correct that for Godzilla 2, since it was just announced that she's returning.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 19, 2017

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

A narrative about how calm rationality is useless in the face of nuclear dinosaur god doesn't really work if your leading character is already a nutbar in act one.

Is he?

I haven't watched it in a while but I remember him just coming back from a tour, seeing his wife and son for a day then getting called to Japan cause his dad is in loving jail. And it's something he's been dealing with his entire life. Kinda wears one down. Or are we talking about different thing? :3: haha

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vintersorg posted:

Is he?

I haven't watched it in a while but I remember him just coming back from a tour, seeing his wife and son for a day then getting called to Japan cause his dad is in loving jail. And it's something he's been dealing with his entire life. Kinda wears one down. Or are we talking about different thing? :3: haha

Cranston was the leading character in act 1.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

He wasn't a nutbar. He just came off as one because people aren't inclined to believe "giant monsters exist".

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mantis42 posted:

He wasn't a nutbar. He just came off as one because people aren't inclined to believe "giant monsters exist".

He was a crazed prophet warning people that God was going to return to earth.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Shin Godzilla was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. The way everyone tries to deal with him via acceptance is hilarious. Such a perfect metaphor for Fukushima Daiichi.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if the person who tweeted this did the art, but:

https://twitter.com/mooncalfe1/status/869419419239362561

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Adam Wingard is slated to direct Godzilla vs King Kong. I can't imagine how his sensibilities will translate to giant monster action but at least we know the sound design will be top notch.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jenny Agutter posted:

Adam Wingard is slated to direct Godzilla vs King Kong. I can't imagine how his sensibilities will translate to giant monster action but at least we know the sound design will be top notch.

Sound design for 2014 Godzilla was already pretty top, so that is good news.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
2014 Godzilla definitely was a movie that understood sound. Seeing that in theaters was awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Neo Rasa posted:

2014 Godzilla definitely was a movie that understood sound. Seeing that in theaters was awesome.

Hell even before the movie started you knew it was going to be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQI50KnHLvY

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jenny Agutter posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamWingard/status/870336226120925184

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh this man.

This man has my vote.

Oh yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

This guy gets it.