Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

texaholic posted:

They really say player made custom emblems at one point too? Or was I just imagining things?

I'm pretty sure that was just for Clan banners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Alteisen posted:

He's on both sides for some reason.

I hear ya. People should really pick a console and stick to it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

the good fax machine posted:

Same here.. Actually, I did dabble in the Andromeda thread for a bit, and he's right. As has been said a thousand times before, it shouldn't be difficult for someone to start a hardware thread if they can't figure out where the Optimize button is in Nvidia control panel or whatever. Nobody wants to read about that poo poo, myself included.

SH/SC is also thataway ===>

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

coming back for this one

not sure if i'm still in the old krew or not so i'm resigning up all fresh

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Policenaut posted:

I'm pretty sure that was just for Clan banners.

Yeah, but think of all the endless potential for banners with dicks on them.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

limaCAT posted:

Saying "Destiny PC Thread" in front of a mirror three times make your virginity last one year longer.

This is true I told my fiancée I might want to preorder D2 on PC instead of Xbox and she slowly began to fade away into nothingness.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

PC is just IBM console. Segregation is good, if both threads are successful x2 more opportunities to shitpost. If the PC one dies, well. Nothing is lost. I hope PC people have has much fun I had with Destiny 1 with Destiny 2.

texaholic posted:

They really say player made custom emblems at one point too? Or was I just imagining things?

I dunno. But Clains will do.

I wonder how the Clan leveling will work? will people invite me to their crappy clan raid to help them farm a raid to powerlevel their clan level or something?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

limaCAT posted:

Saying "Destiny PC Thread" in front of a mirror three times make your virginity last one year longer.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

xzzy posted:

Why does wrecks turn into cheese factory?

Honorary member and there can be only one alpha per squad

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm going to guess that the guided matchmaking modes will absolutely poo poo stuff at participating groups to get them to sherpa people who want to see the raid

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Meat Dimension posted:

I'm going to guess that the guided matchmaking modes will absolutely poo poo stuff at participating groups to get them to sherpa people who want to see the raid

That's honestly not a bad idea. I was wondering what the incentive would be otherwise. My group has encountered enough retards that we usually just cancel when we can't field a full team.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I hope it's at least an extra pull or something as that's a good idea

I'm sure whatever they come up with will be exploited by poopsockers somehow so it can't be too insane.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think opening the raid for randoms to enter is the "we have tried everything and did not work, press the panic button" at 01:20 AM.

Is not something serius raiders are going to do, except on the most extreme cases, and it will almost always backfire in hilarious ways. THEN we will always get the random story about that random that was a decent player, and everybody was amazed by that.

Has for dirty tier raiders.. I dunno. I guest a group of people will be able to complete the entire raid that way, but none of the original players will finish the raid, none. If you don't find a group and enter that thing, have god pity of your soul.

The one problem they want to solve is people without friends, so I think they have good intentions, even if is more like fishing with dynamite.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

Why does wrecks turn into cheese factory?

Me and cheese factory are analogous in skill level, representing the best and brightest of both consoles

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's pretty obvious they are gonna make the raids doable by 5 strong players and a retard, which is maybe okay but reeks of dumbing down.

They probably understand player numbers better than me so I'm willing to roll with any negative effects given they are smart enough to not go down the fully matchmade route.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Solo raid group finder?

Who's laughing now motherfuckers?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
We are, at you

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I am hearing at 6pm PST all the streamers and youtubers can start posting their gameplay from today.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

GET MY BELT SON posted:

coming back for this one

not sure if i'm still in the old krew or not so i'm resigning up all fresh

Yesssssss

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I hope it's at least an extra pull or something as that's a good idea

That would be a good idea, at least to keep competent/decent players in the raiding pool after tuesday night.

Still guided activities might fix nightfalls for most people but I seriously doubt that it would fix "raiding" for people who don't have those 3 contiguous hours (and a room where you are able to shout obscenities in a mic) to dedicate to raiding. Oh well, at least there will still be those solo dungeons and more dlc and poo poo.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's pretty obvious they are gonna make the raids doable by 5 strong players and a retard, which is maybe okay but reeks of dumbing down.

They probably understand player numbers better than me so I'm willing to roll with any negative effects given they are smart enough to not go down the fully matchmade route.

I don't fear this. They have resisted the temptation so long, I don't think they are going to fall now.

And lets not get too ahead of ourselves...

Crota was 1 good players and 5 that can fire a rocket when asked to.

Carrying happens.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Steve2911 posted:

Solo raid group finder?

Who's laughing now motherfuckers?

Lol, I hope all +1 dudes get bagged every time they die.

I will probably be the one getting bagged

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
LMFAO if there is no mic requirement

and also :rip: endgame PVE

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

What? People who scheduled raids for three years will still schedule.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sure, but they'll have the build the raid around the fact that at least one moron might be incapable of communicating with the rest of their team

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FFXIV contains some of the dumbest god drat players and public raid queues still work out because the game's equivalent to strikes do a decent job teaching you mechanics. Simply make a normal mode raid for storyline completion purposes and a hard mode for the cool looking top tier armor.

edit: or put mechanics training in story line mission.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I cannot wait to jajajaja at the soccer fields

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Every raid except kingsfall was fairly easy to sherpa a 6th and even that wasnt super tough.

I still lol at people wanting full match making. It took some team 3 hours to kill askis on some reddit post and that was an lfg 4 carrying 2 this week.

I think we should have an early end to match made raids would be fine. Make friends. Dont be too weird.

Ive done askis in 2 phases with a 5 without swords and bows. It'll be fine.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

From that trailer tho

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pretty sure that was supposed to be in D1 and got recycled

e sorry about the ridiculous image but it's all I could find

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 18, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

D2 subtitle confirmed

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sure, but they'll have the build the raid around the fact that at least one moron might be incapable of communicating with the rest of their team

loving hell you talk like D1's raids were the height of complex game design.

Endgame multiplayer has been this way for over a decade now and it's fine.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Console thread? So what Bungie is giving up on the PC version and letting Blizzard add in guardians to Heroes of the Storm?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tyberius posted:

Console thread? So what Bungie is giving up on the PC version and letting Blizzard add in guardians to Heroes of the Storm?

Can we do the Overwatch thing of finding "ships"?

Ikora Rey + the funny robot hunter guy.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Like the Cabal raid that was canned for years? :v:

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Tei posted:

Can we do the Overwatch thing of finding "ships"?

Ikora Rey + the funny robot hunter guy.

Oh God, I foresee more butt controversies over Tracer x Mara Sov and will guardians in Destiny 2 will have butt sliders.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Meat Dimension posted:

Like the Cabal raid that was canned for years? :v:

I suspect we'll also finally see Fate of all Fools or whatever the gun they gave that terminal dude was called, among other things

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

kzin602 posted:

FFXIV contains some of the dumbest god drat players and public raid queues still work out because the game's equivalent to strikes do a decent job teaching you mechanics. Simply make a normal mode raid for storyline completion purposes and a hard mode for the cool looking top tier armor.

edit: or put mechanics training in story line mission.

This is probably something they are doing. They mentioned "adventures" having new and different mechanics, which I'm guessing will be things that end up in raids.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tyberius posted:

Oh God, I foresee more butt controversies over Tracer x Mara Sov and will guardians in Destiny 2 will have butt sliders.

come on son Mara Sov x Widowmaker it's like you're not even trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Tyberius posted:

To be fair there's only one place the butt slider ends up

I suspect we'll also finally see Fate of all Fools or whatever the gun they gave that terminal dude was called, among other things

We didn't get one but two guns out of it; the model went to No Time To Explain and the mechanic (when it started working) went to Jade Rabbit