Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/865493584803266561

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

So, Assange is free? Does this mean I'm going to see his smarmy white haired head on the telly more?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Julian Assange is dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApG1XdI-Dd4

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
A hero is freed.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Sweden always does the right thing.

Sweden is the greatest country on this earth.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
cia cgi disinformation media generation is at straight up scifi levels

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is rape considered a part of Swedish culture now?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
i remember when assange lost his poo poo over the panama papers because he didnt control their release

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
Oh god drat it now we actually have to hear from Assange now, a man who once had a righteous crusade, but is now more concerned with settling his grudge against Clinton & Obama than any mission to hold those in power to account

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
A hero is freed the greatness it's happening

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serak posted:

Oh god drat it now we actually have to hear from Assange now, a man who once had a righteous crusade, but is now more concerned with settling his grudge against Clinton & Obama than any mission to hold those in power to account

IDK, i also would hold a grudge against the woman that jokingly asked in defense meeting why the military couldn't just drone strike me.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
that november 2016 interview of him is cgi as gently caress. proof of life faked

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

IDK, i also would hold a grudge against the woman that jokingly asked in defense meeting why the military couldn't just drone strike me.

If I stumbled into a defense meeting I'd ask if we could drone assange

I'd he just has a dronable face

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Considering he's Putin's buttbuddy the current US government probably don't want to go after him anymore, ergo there's no reason for the Swedes to keep up the pretense of a rape charge.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol rape apologists in this thread

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alan Smithee posted:

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

Well there's no guilty verdict so he's not a rapist.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I I I you should ALWAYS apologize for rape

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its best to drop the charges against him. it would be really awkward dragging his body from the torture room of a us black site all the way to sweden just for a trial

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol trump voters in this thread

but I repeat myself

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/865506318966075393

Looks like the women of London are safe from infamous sexual predator Julian Assange for a while longer

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
hahaha gently caress sweden finally realised how shameful this poo poo is wonder how long it will take the uk to catch up

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
i mean the assmans dead already probably

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

theperminator posted:

Well there's no guilty verdict so he's not a rapist.

rape is the crime where you're guilty until proven innocent

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Snatch Duster posted:

Julian Assange is dead

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

hahaha gently caress sweden finally realised how shameful this poo poo is wonder how long it will take the uk to catch up

Sweden has more rape investigations to not pursue.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Assange violated his bail conditions, so I'd expect him to be arrested and charged when he leaves the Ecuadorian embassy.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Plucky Brit posted:

Assange violated his bail conditions, so I'd expect him to be arrested and charged when he leaves the Ecuadorian embassy.

He's dead dude lol

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
The case isn't exactly dropped, it's just suspended because we can't really do much so there's no point in wasting resources.

If he returns to Sweden we'll restart it.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thoughtless posted:

The case isn't exactly dropped, it's just suspended because we can't really do much so there's no point in wasting resources.

You guys planning on moving forward with the other rape cases or you guys suspending all rape cases?

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SEALD
IN
DICT
MENT

clap
clap
clapclapclap

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Lol if you dont think assange has a narrative given the poo poo he flips over leaks that didnt go through him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Snatch Duster posted:

He's dead dude lol

good

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

You guys planning on moving forward with the other rape cases or you guys suspending all rape cases?

I'm sure this is meant to be a joke or something but I don't get it

So yes.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thoughtless posted:

I'm sure this is meant to be a joke or something but I don't get it

So yes.

Didn't Sweden drop rape cases involving refugees

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Assange was good but less clearly good than Snowden or Manning.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Thoughtless posted:

Assange surrenders for rape case.
Gets extradited to United States.
Either gets found not guilty or charges are dropped, but he remains in a United States prison.

Considering Swedish penalty for rape is 4 to 10 years and he's been cooped up in the embassy for about five years and hat swedish prisons are closer to an American student dorm than a prison, if he wasn't fearing extradition he'd just say gently caress it and go for it at trial.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

Didn't Sweden drop rape cases involving refugees

I don't know man, which rape cases? There's a lot of rape cases.

If we did it wasn't big news here.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's a lot of raping going on in Sweden? Whose population is under 10 million?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Snatch Duster posted:

There's a lot of raping going on in Sweden? Whose population is under 10 million?

Hi can you stop repeating this racist as gently caress dog whistle over and over again.

Rape in Sweden has a much larger definition than the relatively straightforward definition used in most of the rest of the West. In many cases Sexual Assault can be considered rape in Sweden. In addition to this there's way less stigma about reporting rape in Sweden. Swedish rape victims are often much, much more likely to report a rape than they are elsewhere in the West and rape is considered a very serious crime in Sweden and will actually be investigated thoroughly.

There is no RAPE EPIDEMIC in Sweden. If people in France were more inclined to bring up their cold sores to doctors than the rest of the world then you'd say there was a COLD SORE EPIDEMIC in France.

• Locked thread