Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ever play (public lobby) Diablo 3 on a console? That's one reason.

*instantly gains 50 light levels*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the good fax machine posted:

Can't say that I have.. so what's the deal?

It adds a layer of unnecessary complexity that can be taken advantage of. In D3's case it was cross save from different generations that allowed pc modified files to be transferred to current Gen.

Not saying this is exactly what's going to happen but it's just one example.

Besides, there isn't a huge population of gamers that jump entire platforms on same title so why bother?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Please post the steve gif again. No real reason.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://i.imgur.com/dI1M8Ey.gifv

It unites us all

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CheeseFactory posted:

Please post the steve gif again. No real reason.

It should probably go at the top of every page honestly.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

ahh that's better.

DrNutt posted:

It should probably go at the top of every page honestly.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man I'm glad the Destiny 2 reveal was so good because God drat that new Star Trek trailer was dog poo poo.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hm. Please loving god no more Taken ever again. Ever. Also nice editing there.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Honestly I'd rather have Taken than those Siva fuckers. Punish me for headshots you fucks!?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Timewarp Anomalies sound cool but they're probably gonna get real infuriating aren't they

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh, probably no worse than those traps the hive had in RoI and before.

Pvp looks super reliant on having to shoot motherfuckers in the face which has me tumescent. Nothing worse than cunts abusing abilities to compete.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AH AHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

loving Bungie

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hahaha, i like the line thats pretty much. "Play with your mates or use the the aspergers system."

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Eh, probably no worse than those traps the hive had in RoI and before.

Pvp looks super reliant on having to shoot motherfuckers in the face which has me tumescent. Nothing worse than cunts abusing abilities to compete.

Yeah i like this.

A little confused as to how shotguns/fusion rifles are in the same category as grenade/rocket launchers... wondering how they balance that.

Looked like you pretty much had to hit someone with a grenade launch to kill them. But it's still pretty drat good

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!
I guess it's time to pre-order and never play this game like ME:A and Overwatch and other games :cry:

I'm just happy not everyone is quitting the Bone and going PC.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So I haven't had a chance to watch the whole reveal but the snippets I've seen make it look like it's the same four enemy races and the same three classes (albeit new subclasses) again?

Because that sucks. I hope Bungie's at least splashed out and make a handful of new (not reskinned) models this time around. Say, four completely new enemies per race. That'd be something.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well we saw a freaky looking knight dude in the trailer and the vex seemed to be a bit remodeled along with some new attacks like the minotaur having a laser beam

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Random opinions:

By getting pretty much the same game we avoided a bullet. Old game + new skills + new story + new maps + new activities +new weapons is about the better combination that was in the cards. Much better than a completelly new game that had none of the qualities of the original.

My theory is that game developers often don't see the game the same way has us, players, they see different strengths and different qualities. So when they translate a game, they translate what they see and miss the things we consider important. The way they are making Destiny 2, it looks like nothing is going to be lost in translation.

There are things for concern. Slower gameplay is a No Thanks. Part of the joy of a game is ample agile movements. I hope 4vs4 is only one of the gamemodes at 6vs6 exist.

I remain optimist in all areas because "low level RPG game character" is about the most underpower and numb thing in existence. You must start weak, then start the power creep that end you killing gods. If you start killing gods with oneshots, theres not room for grown.

The beta I don't expect to be more than what Destiny 1 beta was.

---------------
Dear Bungie,

Speed = Fun. Don't nerf speed options.

Thx, bye.
---------------

Video is not related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jNrtWrCyc8

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 19, 2017

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I like that the best way to kill in pvp is headshots with guns

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm kind of amazed how little they've changed the UI. It also looks like Bungie recorded the footage with a pretty crappy bitrate, so we'll have to wait for streamers and youtubers to upload something proper themselves.

I hope they swapped the map editor so we won't get the map rehash problem.

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013
I liked that being in certain rooms in PvP gives you a little notification on where your at so you can do callouts, the combat seemed way more "punchy" and less "floaty" if that makes sense. I can see where the overwatch comparisons come from but I kind of get more of a futurama feel from the map that I saw.

I thought the ghost dialogue was cute, the floating robot rezzes my rear end constantly so the least I can do is listen to his lovely jokes. I think the protag not speaking a whole lot is good because the only thing they should give a poo poo about is getting better guns, it's Characterization. Strike boss battle looked bad but I liked that drill section with the moving parts, I'm actually kind of bummed I didn't get to see that in game unspoiled. All in all: can't wait to shoot my Nerf Maverick at some retextured brutes from halo

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG posted:

I liked that being in certain rooms in PvP gives you a little notification on where your at so you can do callouts, the combat seemed way more "punchy" and less "floaty" if that makes sense. I can see where the overwatch comparisons come from but I kind of get more of a futurama feel from the map that I saw.

I thought the ghost dialogue was cute, the floating robot rezzes my rear end constantly so the least I can do is listen to his lovely jokes. I think the protag not speaking a whole lot is good because the only thing they should give a poo poo about is getting better guns, it's Characterization. Strike boss battle looked bad but I liked that drill section with the moving parts, I'm actually kind of bummed I didn't get to see that in game unspoiled. All in all: can't wait to shoot my Nerf Maverick at some retextured brutes from halo

>>I liked that being in certain rooms in PvP gives you a little notification on where your at so you can do callouts, <<

This is interesting and obviusly designed to help Osiris.... erhh... the Nine.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

CheeseFactory posted:

I like that the best way to kill in pvp is headshots with guns

:vince:

:hellyeah:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I am looking forward to this.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I kind of wish the rumor about more Halo style vehicle stuff was true, but on the other hand vehicle stuff in loot based games turns out pretty bad a lot of the time.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I kind of wish the rumor about more Halo style vehicle stuff was true, but on the other hand vehicle stuff in loot based games turns out pretty bad a lot of the time.

Continuing with the Overwatch comparisons, It will be good if we get a scort the payload pvp mode, where the payload is a tank, and actually defend itself.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

quote:

Is it still peer-to-peer in terms of the multiplayer? Are there dedicated servers?

It is a complicated typology. We do not have dedicated servers for Destiny 2 on PC.

Because one of the issues with Destiny 1, people complained about the tick rate that was being used, right?

Yep.

That led to a lot of trading and stuff, and that was where they kind of identified that that’s where some of the lag was coming from. Is there going to be a different tick rate?

I would say that, today, we don’t have a good answer for that, meaning we’re not talking about the server side of things at this time. I can tell you that we have had conversations and we’re aware of—we try really hard to listen to the community and hear what their concerns are, and we try to take those and turn those into the plans.

~ http://www.pcgamer.com/how-bungie-plans-to-make-destiny-2-on-pc-legit-on-day-one/

This is about PC, but it sounds like tick rate and netcode (still) aren’t a major priority from my pessimistic reading.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This reddit post list what seems a complete list of class skills?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6c1scy/i_typed_out_the_complete_skill_trees_for/

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ufarn posted:

~ http://www.pcgamer.com/how-bungie-plans-to-make-destiny-2-on-pc-legit-on-day-one/

This is about PC, but it sounds like tick rate and netcode (still) aren’t a major priority from my pessimistic reading.

From all reports from the PvP dudes on twitter it felt better than years gone by. It certainly looked a little smoother and snappier. Of course the only thing that really matters is how they implement it when we're 6 months in and an expansion is still a month away, the good players are starting to emerge and the casuals are dropping off and I/We just want to get a clash bounty done. If it's more 10 minute waiting periods to land a lobby of red bars I'll justifiably and impotently rant into my headset for all to hear. If it's sweaty but still snappy and smooth then I'll probably be pretty happy.

The poo poo that worries me is two players who casually play PVP (see entry: "poo poo cunts who taste my balls on the reg, until SBMM rear end fucks me"), talking to the Dev's saying "it's important to make sure there's skill gating" and some oval office from activision/bungie (I don't remember where the bloke was from) saying "I agree".

Nothing gives me the shits more than some pussy who can't handle getting their rear end whupped because they have no talent and refuse to get better at a something. If you get your rear end kicked its because you're lesser. Just make peace with it and bite the pillow, don't beg daddy bungie for protection and don't gently caress up my game experience because of it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

BlindSite posted:

From all reports from the PvP dudes on twitter it felt better than years gone by. It certainly looked a little smoother and snappier.

Of course it did, there was 0 geographical latency

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Is destiny 2 going to be good?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

ufarn posted:

"Hey people want you to have [good feature everyone else has had for five years], will you have it?"

"Well we get a lot of feedback about [good feature everyone else has had for five years], and we're listening really closely to what our players want, but no, we won't have it."

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Is this DLC gonna be full price?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fun Shoe
A shooter in 2017 with no dedicated servers? Is this just a money-saving thing or what? It seems like a really loving weird decision for one of the biggest games of the year.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I think some of you need to realize that Bungie is never gunna get rid of SBMM and either stop playing a game you hate because of a feature that's going nowhere or accept it.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
gently caress me. My local friends are all PS4 owners and when D2 was announced they all scoffed. "Even though I put in hundreds of hours on Destiny, Destiny 2 is dumb and it'll be boring and gently caress that." Suddenly after yesterday it's "LET'S GET THE BAND BACK TOGETHER TIME TO GO DESTINY HOO-RAH." At the same time, my friends I do a lot of PC stuff with are all excited to get D2 on PC.

I'm gonna have to level two sets of characters. God dammit Bungie.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Making PvP more fun for the top 10% and poo poo for the remaining 90% seems like it would be, you know, a really bad idea...

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

I think some of you need to realize that Bungie is never gunna get rid of SBMM and either stop playing a game you hate because of a feature that's going nowhere or accept it.

GOOD!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought they said cross-save in the drat opening? So it's all just bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

the only place that mentioned cross save was that bullshit gaf post