Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

UHD posted:

Never not feed Roy.

Yeah, chow time, Eirika!

TheKingofSprings posted:

I can't find it but there was an edit of a cartoon bulldog with Effie's face pasted over looking into a dog dish as the owner dumps Donnels, Marths and Eirikas in that stuck out to me for some reason

Hahaha, pretty much! I even hand Ninian eat her son for Triangle Adept. I regret nothing.

UchihaHirou posted:

What's a good B passive for Reinhardt? I was thinking B Tomebreaker.

That's what I was planning to give mine. Seems like a good idea, but I hear Vantage actually works pretty well. Haven't tested it out because mine isn't even 5* yet and doesn't have any inherited skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Any reason to summon for the current focus if I already have a strong blue in Linde and a dancer in my 3* Olivia?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

oliveoil posted:

Any reason to summon for the current focus if I already have a strong blue in Linde and a dancer in my 3* Olivia?

Klein for quick riposte 3 and death blow 3, 2 very good skills to have

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oliveoil posted:

If you care about arena score, running a 3* Olivia will tank that.

Hinoka is also the only source of hone fliers if flier emblem interests you. The other guys also have some pretty good inherited skills and Klein isn't a bad unit by himself either.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I want a Ninian because I want a 5 star dancer and I have interest in toying around with Dragon Emblem and I want a Hinoka because I think that's the only thing I'm missing from Flier Emblem. Also Klein is either the best or second best archer in the game, probably, and has good skills to feed other characters.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I also pulled a Caeda so now I have everything Flier Emblem could want other than maybe Cherche. Might actually be cool to set something up for that now.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wow apparently you WANT a high tier-- I thought being Tier 1 was the way to go, not being Tier 16. I'm a dumb rear end. I was like "how is a 4600+ score making me lose ranks"

Ugh.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Actually, how essential is Bunnilla to Flier Emblem? I feel like as the only ranged flier, she's probably pretty important? The only bunny I pulled was Blucina, does that sink any flier emblem plans?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

Actually, how essential is Bunnilla to Flier Emblem? I feel like as the only ranged flier, she's probably pretty important? The only bunny I pulled was Blucina, does that sink any flier emblem plans?

Bunilla is the unit that holds the whole thing together. You can run flier emblem without her but it is a lot worse.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Well, so much for that plan :v:

Still want to try out dragon emblem if I get a Ninian, though.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Elyv posted:

Well, so much for that plan :v:

Still want to try out dragon emblem if I get a Ninian, though.

I mean if you've drawn Cordelia and Hinoka then you can try for some of the amazingly meme based Cordelia builds. Like Olivia/Cordelia/Hone Flier Camilla or Cherche functions because Cordelia will just straight kill three units in one turn.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Flier Emblem will be in a very strong place when they release a flying dancer

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Personally I'm hoping for a flying archer. Reina, anyone?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Probably gonna get elincia for all our flying healer needs first :unsmith:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

huh

I'm guessing +spd/-def is a better nature for Klein than +res/-spd?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Well, Lloyd was easy. Male Robin lured the horse archer and killed him immediately, then Klein (I think this is the first time I used him since the arena where he was a bonus unit) killed the dragon knight and Olivia danced him to kill Lloyd. Nino then killed the Lance horseman. Finally, Nino killed the blue mage. Done Lunatic in 5 turns.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
There is no real dragon emblem, we only have one of the two mass buffs atm.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

THE loving MOON posted:

Probably gonna get elincia for all our flying healer needs first :unsmith:

Considering she has a Unique Weapon, she's probably going to be a flying sword lord. I totally want to see if her weapon's effect will be a brave effect like it is in her native games, imagine a brave weapon with 16 (as all close up unique weapons have) Might.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

huh

I'm guessing +spd/-def is a better nature for Klein than +res/-spd?

Hmm don't take this the wrong way but gently caress you

E: for having good luck, three 5 stars in 3 summoning sessions is phenomenal luck

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 19, 2017

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Stephen9001 posted:

Considering she has a Unique Weapon, she's probably going to be a flying sword lord. I totally want to see if her weapon's effect will be a brave effect like it is in her native games, imagine a brave weapon with 16 (as all close up unique weapons have) Might.

It's probably not gonna be that much. Olwen and Reinhardt's Dire Thunder wasn't 14 MT despite being a unique weapon for them after all.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If they did make a Brave unique melee weapon, it'll probably just be a Brave Sword+ with some bonus effect tacked onto it. They couldn't make it any higher than 8 Mt without making it 'better' than all the other legendaries.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

CodfishCartographer posted:

So I used my big orb bonus for some summons, here's the stuff that's (moderately) notable:

Adult Tiki: +Def/-Spd
Cherche: +HP/-Spd
Cordelia: +HP/-Def
Palla: +Res/-Spd

Any of these worth training up and using? I've heard Cordelia and Tiki aren't bad, but I dunno how those stat spreads treat them.

Reposting this for new page, are these good fire emblems or bad fire emblems?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

If they did make a Brave unique melee weapon, it'll probably just be a Brave Sword+ with some bonus effect tacked onto it. They couldn't make it any higher than 8 Mt without making it 'better' than all the other legendaries.

Reinhardt's/Olwen's Dire Thunder is 9mt

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

It's probably not gonna be that much. Olwen and Reinhardt's Dire Thunder wasn't 14 MT despite being a unique weapon for them after all.

Hmmm, point, though Hauteclere and Mystletainn are 16 MT Killer weapons, I suppose asking for a 16 MT Brave weapon is too much... 13 or 12 MT then? Or perhaps, in a surprise twist, they could make it a brave weapon without the speed penalty, meaning 8 MT but without the brave weapon downsides.

This is all assuming they don't give it some sort of weird effect of course. Insofar as I can tell however, the unique weapons get given an effect related to their game when they had something special about them in the game other than just being strong, Hauteclere got the killer weapon effect because it had high crit (like killer weapons) for example, and all the Distant Counter swords (there's what, 3 of them?) were 1-2 range weapons in their games. But hey, you never know, they might not make Ammati (that was Elincia's sword right?) a brave weapon, though odds seem reasonable it will be.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stephen9001 posted:

Hmmm, point, though Hauteclere and Mystletainn are 16 MT Killer weapons, I suppose asking for a 16 MT Brave weapon is too much... 13 or 12 MT then? Or perhaps, in a surprise twist, they could make it a brave weapon without the speed penalty, meaning 8 MT but without the brave weapon downsides.

This is all assuming they don't give it some sort of weird effect of course. Insofar as I can tell however, the unique weapons get given an effect related to their game when they had something special about them in the game other than just being strong, Hauteclere got the killer weapon effect because it had high crit (like killer weapons) for example, and all the Distant Counter swords (there's what, 3 of them?) were 1-2 range weapons in their games. But hey, you never know, they might not make Ammati (that was Elincia's sword right?) a brave weapon, though odds seem reasonable it will be.

Dire thunder is considered a unique weapon. It has 2mt more than brave bows (tomes and bows have the same mt normally)

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Already have Klein, but I would love a Hinoka.

*Gets a pull with 5 blue orbs.*

Oh boooooy

OH BOOOOY

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

FartingBedpost posted:

Already have Klein, but I would love a Hinoka.

*Gets a pull with 5 blue orbs.*

Oh boooooy

OH BOOOOY

wow lucky, you got a 4 star

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lovechop posted:

wow lucky, you got a 4 star

First pull, which made me believe. Too bad I've already melted down three Odin's for Blarblade.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

Considering she has a Unique Weapon, she's probably going to be a flying sword lord.

She'd better be, I'm still a little annoyed from Lachesis being a healer when her base class used Swords and Staves and her promotion could use straight up every weapon and tome type.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

So I used my big orb bonus for some summons, here's the stuff that's (moderately) notable:

Any of these worth training up and using? I've heard Cordelia and Tiki aren't bad, but I dunno how those stat spreads treat them.

At least they are good to munch for skills :p
(I think they are the "good but not great" units, but I am kinda mediocre at this, so what do I know? The value likey depends on what else you have anyway, and whether they can fill out a team or specialized roles for GHB).

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Hmm don't take this the wrong way but gently caress you

E: for having good luck, three 5 stars in 3 summoning sessions is phenomenal luck
I know, it took me 200 orbs on the Hector banner before I got any 5*s

gently caress me

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Not really. If you are desperate for a red unit, Adult Tiki can do work for you until you pick up something better. Cordelia wants +Atk unless you have Flier Emblem buffs. Cherche needs to inherit a Brave Axe+ and ideally wants to be +Atk. Palla is inheritance fodder.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
They really, really need to bump some more characters down to 3*

E: also throw Raigh out of the loving game

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I've drawn nothing but junk and a few all right inherits with my last 120 orbs and it really highlights how boring the gameplay is in comparison to just building your favorite characters. But I'm out of cool characters to build rip~

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Lloyd is basically the less cool version of Jagen

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Ostentatious posted:

Lloyd is basically the less cool version of Jagen

I have a +Atk/-Def Hana, help me make her into the monster I know she can be.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Is a +SPD/-ATK Nowi usable? I'm thinking that might be the worst possible nature for her but she's the only interesting thing I managed to pull off of the Lloyd banner.

God I want a Hinoka to attach to my SCamilla so bad.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

LightningSquid posted:

Is a +SPD/-ATK Nowi usable? I'm thinking that might be the worst possible nature for her but she's the only interesting thing I managed to pull off of the Lloyd banner.

God I want a Hinoka to attach to my SCamilla so bad.
Not even close to her worst nature, +SPD is really good for Nowi since it means she gets doubled a lot less. -ATK is obviously not ideal, but my Nowi has the same exact nature and does just fine in arena.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I'm learning some interesting things about using a healer in Arena with Genny. Rehabilitate is incredibly underwhelming for Hector and Lucina. Rehabilitate is the worst heal in the game for when you're trying to top Hector to 80% hp or above, but he isn't below 50% hp. And it's entirely useless for Lucina who can self heal and is never in need of a big Rehabilitate. RIP Lissa and 450 SP. You died in vain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
lloyd sucks