Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, everything in the videos looks kind of... unadorned. Maybe because it's natural to compare it to the ornate Destiny 1 endgame stuff, but lots of the guns look smooth and boxy as well as the armor stuff already noted. Maybe everyone's playing with blues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Way too big. I don't want to be a world of warcraft character.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Hunters look like poo poo, just a bunch of cunts stuck in gas masks and draped in retard curtains. IB Y2 and Snow Angel are their only true escape from being fashion victims.

you shut your drat mouth, hunters are rad.

though I do agree titans are the master race, in certain configurations.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Re: titans.

Go to about 3:40 here and you see a female Titan with what are vary much D1 legs but with new D2 style shoulders. It's not a good look imho.

https://youtu.be/10TbML18pMg

Well that's healthy

e:Jesus christ that shade of grey blends in with the menu :cripes:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

Hunters look like poo poo, just a bunch of cunts stuck in gas masks and draped in retard curtains. IB Y2 and Snow Angel are their only true escape from being fashion victims.

Hunter had capes, hoodies. Has hunter you can look like a prince or hobo cyber rogue. Titans have.. that rear end towell you loot from year 1 raid.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

xzzy posted:

You gotta be the Glorious Golden Wi-Fi God!

RED BARS, BEGONE!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

:swoon:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

xzzy posted:

Seconding the Taken King FWC NASCAR armor as the best and leetest for Hunters

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 2 PC Thread: Please Find us on the Second Page

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

http://i.imgur.com/4vAdD8z.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

might wanna check your .gif drivers got some big time flickering there

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Re: titans.

Go to about 3:40 here and you see a female Titan with what are vary much D1 legs but with new D2 style shoulders. It's not a good look imho.

https://youtu.be/10TbML18pMg

I like it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My other post is dumb, so I will add some nuance.

You can look awesome with a Titan, but most of the time (leveling, with random gear) you look like a clown. And the gear that make you look may have bad stats more often than not.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I miss gearing for Atheon for the first time. Razor blade mohawk for my roboman, spikes all over the legs and shoulders, and a dishtowel for good luck.

e: Whatever happened to that Marathon project that was thrown around in documents anyway

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 19, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I think I was more excited for "Destiny 2: pretty much just Destiny 1 with maybe a few fixes" than what we actually got yesterday.

Titans are ugly, don't like the new subclasses changes, took away skating, nerfed lightning grenades, 4 v 4 pvp, new weapon categorizing etc it's all kinda disappointing isn't it

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

FishBulb posted:

I think I was more excited for "Destiny 2: pretty much just Destiny 1 with maybe a few fixes" than what we actually got yesterday.

Titans are ugly, don't like the new subclasses changes, took away skating, nerfed lightning grenades, 4 v 4 pvp, new weapon categorizing etc it's all kinda disappointing isn't it

It is. Which is why I never, ever pre-order season passes/dlc.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Don't know, I'm not a sweaty streamlord so I wasn't invited to play

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
the 4v4 only thing is weird but overall they all look like good changes and theres some salty whiny babies in here

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
The 4v4 change reads to me that Bungie really wants the crucible to play more like Halo and to have more of an emphasis on making Destiny esports compatible (lol).

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

el B posted:

It is. Which is why I never, ever pre-order season passes/dlc.

Well I did already so jokes on me

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Javes posted:

The 4v4 change reads to me that Bungie really wants the crucible to play more like Halo and to have more of an emphasis on making Destiny esports compatible (lol).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The Elim nature of count down basically means that Trials will shift to 4v4 CD. Calling it.

a good change imo. 3v3 Elim is loving trash

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

I like it all because it's new and wildly different while still being unmistakably DESTINY. We will have to learn everything again while still being able to use the past as reference, which makes it less a different thing than it is but an overhaul.

Idk, I confess to making a conscious choice to be anywhere from copacetic to happy about D2 and its specifics by force of will, but I genuinely feel like they're finally capable of delivering the game they wanted three years ago and that's more reason to exert trust than to doubt for what's being left behind.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

3v3 Elim is loving trash

Maker Of Shoes posted:

some salty whiny babies in here

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Maker Of Shoes posted:

the 4v4 only thing is weird but overall they all look like good changes and theres some salty whiny babies in here

Agreed, all the people who got to play said the gun feel was the same which is the most important thing for me. The PVE stuff seems to be greatly improved, especially with the story. The in game lfg seems cool too, I normally raid with goons but finding six people can be a pain in the rear end at times. The changes to pvp will cause salt but everything in pvp causes salt so whatever.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I dunno it all looks neat to me, and if they make exploring the world and stuff interesting and productive (using and building upon the type of stuff they did in TTK) I'll be happy

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

RBA Starblade posted:

I miss gearing for Atheon for the first time. Razor blade mohawk for my roboman, spikes all over the legs and shoulders, and a dishtowel for good luck.

e: Whatever happened to that Marathon project that was thrown around in documents anyway

Do you mean the open-source version of Marathon at http://marathon.bungie.org/ ?

The Aleph One download is here: https://alephone.lhowon.org/

ancient macfag colors shining through true here

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think he meant a clause in one of the leaked Activision contracts approving a project that had something to do with the Marathon IP. I don't think there have been any public announcements ever traced back to that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

I think he meant a clause in one of the leaked Activision contracts approving a project that had something to do with the Marathon IP. I don't think there have been any public announcements ever traced back to that.

Yeah I meant that one.

Aleph One's some good poo poo though.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

ufarn posted:

~ http://www.pcgamer.com/how-bungie-plans-to-make-destiny-2-on-pc-legit-on-day-one/

This is about PC, but it sounds like tick rate and netcode (still) aren’t a major priority from my pessimistic reading.
An even more categorical answer:

quote:

IGN: "Crucible tech, specifically Trials of Osiris, you guys know that is one of your premier multiplayer modes. Are we getting dedicated servers?"

Mark Noseworthy: "We are not getting dedicated servers."

IGN: "RIP the dream. Why?"

*long pause of silence*

Luke Smith: "It's just not an investment that we made for Destiny 2, like the uh... I understand there's certainly a desire for it. You know, the smaller team format, although it's one person bigger in the Trials case for sure here, in the smaller team format in general it's easier for us to find tighter matches. And we're also going to rechange the parameters for matchmaking, to refocus on connection quality instead of like Trials win matching. WE're gonna like change the, we're going to change a bunch of parameters to focus on giving people a better network experience."

~ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1376811 (video transcript)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah there's definitely an esports angle here, which makes sense given they weren't trying for that the first go round and still somehow managed to loving trip over their own feet into a game that the community was dying to make competitive. The acquiescence to private matches was the first evidence of that.

I'm not really sure how this is compatible with their p2p setup but I'm expecting some additional announcements on ladders and seasons.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ufarn posted:

An even more categorical answer:

~ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1376811 (video transcript)

Very interesting.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol the pc thread got moved to the blizzard subforum :agesilaus:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

We did it, fam.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie going after esports again seems like a bad idea as it was a giant tire fire when they attempted it in Halo.. it basically chased off everyone who played the game for fun because there was no way to escape the competitive setup.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yes

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The Elim nature of count down basically means that Trials will shift to 4v4 CD. Calling it.

a good change imo. 3v3 Elim is loving trash

:agreed: Can't wait for 4v4 Trials with FRESH MEAT

Also direct from Luke Smith's mouth in that quote up there:

quote:

You know, the smaller team format, although it's one person bigger in the Trials case for sure here

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think it looks Good. Just my opinion

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder if Trials will also get the revive point system or if it'll be the same, just 4v4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I mean that's not wrong.