Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I feel like a really long haired wet Japanese girl is about to crawl out of the screen at me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Titanic posted:

I feel like a really long haired wet Japanese girl is about to crawl out of the screen at me now.

Geesus, you have a waifu too?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DarkRefreshment posted:

Well I haven't paid attention in a while. The top end Castle de Autism is 7g now. gently caress it, might as well get in now before the SC collapse and all the whales run to this game and I have to buy it at twice the price from MoMA later. Who wants to be in my guild if I plop down the price of a used car on this castle fantasy land*?

*Hamster race only, must be willing to role-play nightly with me as my furry subject

This is sad.

Thank you CIG. This is what you will be remembered for. Inventing the "macro transaction" for stupid digital goods. Putting the unfinished game behind a tremendous paywall. And of course the huge disappointment of a project people sink thousands into going belly up with no way to recover your lost money.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

The Titanic posted:

Confirmed feature in SC 4.0 Gandhi patch. Pledge now and get your Waifu VHS Tape flair

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DarkRefreshment posted:

I feel cynicism toward everything that is pitched to me now. Especially with the idea that every kickstarter is out to rape my wallet. I can't tell if it's because I'm a more active goon or because SC has left the bitter taste of CR's whale milk in my mouth. Please send help.

This is the fallout from CIGs amazing success story.

It will be hard to know if a project is a genuine project that will actually happen, or a cheap cash grab trying to "pull a Chris Roberts".

I hope that becomes a new verb for online scams related to gaming. I feel it would be a good service to remember him as the new father of video game project scams.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

DarkRefreshment posted:

I feel cynicism toward everything that is pitched to me now. Especially with the idea that every kickstarter is out to rape my wallet. I can't tell if it's because I'm a more active goon or because SC has left the bitter taste of CR's whale milk in my mouth. Please send help.

If at any point you put money into star citizen that cynicism is something you should nurture and cherish.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Geesus, you have a waifu too?

DarkRefreshment posted:

Confirmed feature in SC 4.0 Gandhi patch. Pledge now and get your Waifu VHS flair now

I did not realize that the creepy horror movie Japanese girl was waifu material. In that case, I'll take two of the creepy bitches for each arm. :smuggo:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

The Titanic posted:

I did not realize that the creepy horror movie Japanese girl was waifu material. In that case, I'll take two of the creepy bitches for each arm. :smuggo:

Nothing is out of bounds for waifu (waifu-ing?) if you remember the guy who told us the horrors of the Stimpire is an SC backer

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

posting from the past but best doggo

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Guys, Star Citizen is out and Derek Smart is wrong

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Even projects that are openly a MLM like Ashes of Creation are on the path to get more money than CIG did in their kickstarter. I hear you like scams, so we are adding a scam to your scam.

Those tanes are only showing some high level renders that any group of Savannah College of Art and Design rejects could pull off in a couple of days. The market here in Georgia is flooded with these graphic hacks since the state ramped up tax breaks to all digital media creators. I could drive up and down the street in front of SCAD and probably get enough people with the assets in their portfolio right now to pitch a game on KS and get a cool million.

wait... that really is probably true... brb...

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Daztek posted:

we did it, reddit! :toot:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

all stretch goals met, procedural birbs are in :woop:

edit: more appropriate smilie :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 19, 2017

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Daztek posted:

quote:

PROGRESS: 0%

Yep, checks out

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Foo Diddley posted:

Yep, checks out

Foo, get in the drat discord.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
I told you guys. Wheres your mocking negativity now. We've beaten you.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

#StillNoGame

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

I dont know if you saw ATV this week. But theres no way you can say that. You cant make that claim. You have no evidence.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stolen from the Reddit thread:

quote:

Finally a real accomplishment since we hit the $100 Million mark.
Next real milestone would be $200 Million, but I don't think we can hit that before the game finally launches.

How is throwing $150m at a yet to be released space game an "accomplishment?"

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Yeah I'm not sure how a company being able to leech $150 million off nerds is an accomplishment

Maybe if they I dunno, made a game with it... but I'm just spit balling here.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

I dont know if you saw ATV this week. But theres no way you can say that. You cant make that claim. You have no evidence.

That's what he wrote. There is no evidence of a game. Post balls now.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Six times the original asking price for 1/6th the progress.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Zzr posted:

That's what he wrote. There is no evidence of a game. Post balls now.

Install the PU and tell me with a straight face theres no game. This is silly.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Out of morbid curiosity at the 150 mil mark... when was the last patch and have they really done ANYTHING since 2.whatever?

Or do they just keep shoving the 3.0 list down the line another 2 weeks every... 2 weeks

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

his nibs posted:

posting from the past but best doggo

Actually this is a sub optimal doggo because you can not take him into a chipotle inside your satchel

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Star Citizen has crossed the $150 million mark. I wrote a thing.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Star Citizen has crossed the $150 million mark. I wrote a thing.

Please Derek no... we cannot take much more.

Wait didn't one of the CS people post regarding the database smeg over all these unused CCU's , and he gave a very specific number of people holding the majority?

One would assume they're the concierge backers (IE the ones who just spent 500k apparently in one day) , with a few randoms owed to drunken idiocy or loss of reasoning due to head trauma, it should narrow things down

I'm sure a math sperg / wizard like Dr. Smart could easily determine if the sales numbers are bullshit or not... just extrapolate from the figures they've given

Unless you have Derek and I DO NOT APOLOGIZE for not reading another fuckin' missive

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

You've got to keep these posts at least a little believable.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

You have to take psychedelics to truly understand Chris

http://i.imgur.com/8w1B1eZ.gifv

I actually put a beat behind that in my head.

Kinda worked.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

They're definitely trickling something else into the funding chart, that flat line at $40k for several days shows it. There's absolutely no way they had a steady $40k per day of new sales for 3-4 days in a row. Somebody could probably mathematically prove the chart is bullshit with a high level analysis including things like fractals and Benford's law.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

any updates on that stewardess drink filling minigame?

people were talking about Crowfall and i went to check it out and...

Guinecean

yeah, no.

Sprung from the same level of creativity as Star Citizen races.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
Schedule report is out. Another week of evidential progress in the books for all who claim this doesnt exist.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

Schedule report is out. Another week of evidential progress in the books for all who claim this doesnt exist.

Agreed.

quote:

We’ve made the decision to move our previously stated dates for Evocati, PTU, and Live back by a week. This is due to the complexity and volume of features we are working on for 3.0.0, and we would rather take a little extra time to bring everything up to the level we would want it to release in than trying to rush to complete at the expense of quality.

The delays are progressing very well.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

Schedule report:
-- Successfully existed for seven (7) days
-- uh, we'll get back to you next week

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8glivPYQz4w

Somebody watch this and tell me if anything funny happens.

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/865701697204531200

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

why is there a spaceman in River City?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

[Warning] Can't open file

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

There's no game. This is silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
deck crew EVA suit

my dreams