Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

I am not wrapped up in myself!

I do want attention for my information though :sun:

Have you even read the thread, didn't you just replace in? Isn't Bif complaining about you doing what you are calling me out here for, coming in and basically not reading anything and giving a hot read that may or may not be crap and isn't based on much?

I read the whole thread quid. I got through all the stupid as gently caress memes and myst recap

I read it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The people I'd vote today:

Infinitum for his active dodging, lack of casing when pressed, and lovely softclaim before leaving. Second deadline here he's missing.

Lumpen for calling me scum, yet not casing me ever. He's piggybacking off of others, rather than making his reads. Also fixation on drawing claims.

CuriousCat for embarrassing non participation, and she lurks as scum. She did it in Shine2.

People I've got badfeels about :

Quidnose for the bad claim - but happy to wait here. See how it shakes out. If fake has to fake, can't keep it up forever.

Moatillata for playing to meta, shitposting and coasting as scum.

Neutral on these folks tonight:

Birdstrike for claiming neutral 3p. Not my priority today really, but should be addressed eventually.

Kashuno since he subbed in, and is actually engaging here. Don't like his Mags push, or agree with at all, but kind of get it?

Gulag claimed miller first off, and if he's seen moving - the lie is exposed then. Not worth a lynch yet.

Stickup cased Bif like me, but I wanna see more. Effortposting is well and good, but who else is scum?

Feeling fine about these folks:

Bifauxnen based on night actions.

Magnus vigged scum Day 1. Disregarding all paranoid speculation here, that's an absurd scum play - especially unprovoked with no pressure.

FL based on a reread, he's actively engaging here - and his opinions follow logically.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Cool, that just leaves Cat, Quid and Stickup who gotta honor somebody.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
People pretty please reread Infinitum, and consider voting him tonight. We've seen engaged town Inf. This is not his play.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thats a nice list Pod

Getting shown up here Lump

More like chump

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Multiple people have Listed here, before Lumpen even did one. Makes you think doesnt it?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Thats a nice list Pod

Getting shown up here Lump

More like chump

You almost had it here, until that third line failed. Such a very sad effort.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
This is all very interesting, but the moment you close your eyes on the battlefield is the moment you never open them again.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

You almost had it here, until that third line failed. Such a very sad effort.

.---- ...-- ..... -...

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

People pretty please reread Infinitum, and consider voting him tonight. We've seen engaged town Inf. This is not his play.

I know my vote's on Lumpen atm but I'm not opposed to Inf either especially with how coy he was being on his way out the door earlier today.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

.---- ...-- ..... -...

These morse characters will be burned into my brain for the rest of time, I don't even have to translate them anymore.

I almost moved my vote just from seeing them.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##unvote

##vote cat

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Taht post where cat says she wasn't going to post in thread until Pera read some backyardigans fanfiction is enough to hang her. Conscious crafting of ludicrous non-game related excuse to avoid arduous task of typing onto a keyboard

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd vote Cat today yeah, but 1 hour before deadline? Will be tough to push.

##vote Cat

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Whoever else is being voted now is a bad lynch. Idk who it is. Nor did I know of deadline. Never look back

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I do not believe Podima would actually make that case on me, at all. I have zero incentive as scum to roll into a thread I have not read and drop a bomb like that. That looks like Podima doing a soft push for the claimed cop that he can come back to later. Reads fake as hell.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Oh we only have an hour? Full disclosure that Cat was completely off my radar, mostly because she hasn't been posting, but I don't disagree with the decision. Getting the votes feels like it's going to be a heck of a stretch but ##vote Cat, I'll be around if we need to move to someone else that I think would be scum.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Quidthulhu posted:

I do not believe Podima would actually make that case on me, at all. I have zero incentive as scum to roll into a thread I have not read and drop a bomb like that. That looks like Podima doing a soft push for the claimed cop that he can come back to later. Reads fake as hell.

FWIW, I believe you, Quid - just also, as others, think the information's useless with only one result and questionable sanity. I think it's worth you sharing results every day you get 'em, and hopefully if you (and one or two of your targets) end up flipping we can use what you've got to nail a scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Veering off to a lurker at the last minute when Lumpen is right there with plenty of votes being scummy as all get out? Yeah that's not suss

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

You're right, its not

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Veering off to a lurker at the last minute when Lumpen is right there with plenty of votes being scummy as all get out? Yeah that's not suss

I will happily swap back.

Flying Leatherman posted:

FWIW, I believe you, Quid - just also, as others, think the information's useless with only one result and questionable sanity. I think it's worth you sharing results every day you get 'em, and hopefully if you (and one or two of your targets) end up flipping we can use what you've got to nail a scum.

This is where I stand.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bif did you do friendlist? Nobody shows lurking in TGR.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

I will happily swap back.

:same:, I have multiple candidates that I would be happy with.

I think Lumpen's probably an overall better candidate and if we get to, like, :20 or :30 and there hasn't been a ton of movement I'm moving my vote back to him - thing is that not everyone's around right now, it seems like, so it's a little bit of "take what I can get" here this close to deadline.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Podima posted:

FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUE

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

This is where I stand.

That is a bold faced lie.

Podima posted:

Quid's claim is very weak. Why SCUM first not INTRUDER? Regardless of what Bird flips, he can brush off blame.

Podima posted:

People I've got badfeels about :

Quidnose for the bad claim - but happy to wait here. See how it shakes out. If fake has to fake, can't keep it up forever.

Both of these statements throw major shade at me, and set up a push for me at a future date. You can easily fall back on this and call me out for all sorts of things if I, in fact, cause a misdunk, and if you were on the scum team, you would automatically know what my sanity actually is based on who is on your scumteam.

Don't sit there and try to walk back from what's a pretty hard call on me. FL has essentially said he currently has a nullread on me and needs more info. Neither of your statements about me say that; don't frame it as such.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote cat pls honor someone not mags you cucks

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll try and come back before deadljne

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
catching up, would still vote bif or cat

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is a stickup posted:

catching up, would still vote bif or cat

That's nice honor someone already

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##honor mr. f

I will never be oppressed by kashuno!!!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

That's nice honor someone already

I'm gonna unhonor until 19:59

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

peramene posted:

MMT - Delta Squad; 10 soldiers HAS BEEN CONSUMED BY MR. F!

HIS GREED PLEASES NOT THE HIVEMOTHER, BUT SO SHALL IT BE.

THE SUN SETS ON THE GLORIOUS HIVEMOTHER'S LANDS.

24 HOURS FROM THE ORIGINAL DEADLINE TO GET YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS IN.

THREE HONORINGS HAVE GIVEN WAY TO THE POTENTIAL FOR INTRUDERS TO MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE CORPSE OF BELOVED VIVANOVA, YOU SICKEN THE HIVEMOTHER WITH YOUR TREACHERY.

Is this a scum flip? I thought this was a scum flip because I'm not a group of soldiers but I have absolutely no bead on the flavor here. Help?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Like, a squadron of soldiers, that's a bad guy, right? We're all big bugs?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Quidthulhu posted:

Is this a scum flip? I thought this was a scum flip because I'm not a group of soldiers but I have absolutely no bead on the flavor here. Help?

this was a scum flip but I don't think it's a guarantee that all the scum are squads

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima has been pushing a soft narrative of "Quid as scum" since D1:

Podima posted:

This is weird from Quid. Eye on it for now.

Easy setup, never returns to it until after MMT flips and he mentions that she mentioned me while empty quoting to prove that I am scum:

Podima posted:

(above mostly included for irony.)

Quid does this as scum. Where is effortposting scumhunting Quid?

Also of note on this:

Certainly not a slam dunk, but raises an eyebrow there.

This is also the only time he mentions MMT & the discussion about her being scum on D1 at all. He does not chime in on her awkwardness that I can see, period.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

How come every single drat game of Mafia I ever play in, when I wanna cull some lurkers, people go all "oh no, lurker lynches are too easy, that scummy, that's no good", but then every game where I got a scum read suddenly everyone's all "oh no let's pick off some lurker instead" :argh:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And the rest of Podima's post history is all asking people questions, excusing himself from thread, making statements that don't commit to anything like "this is something to watch" or "what an odd post" or poo poo like that.

Like, look, lately Podima & I have kinda been butting heads in mafia (he was really pissed at me last game iirc) and I know I tend to look at Podima a lot and go "hurm maybe scum!" but I actually think this play is WAY different form normally really good, engaged, casemaking Podima. Read his post history and decide for yourself, but I think he's scum based on all of this.

##vote Podima

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

How come every single drat game of Mafia I ever play in, when I wanna cull some lurkers, people go all "oh no, lurker lynches are too easy, that scummy, that's no good", but then every game where I got a scum read suddenly everyone's all "oh no let's pick off some lurker instead" :argh:

personally I am very driven to do the opposite of what you're pushing me to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not responding to Quid - he's forgotten to read apparently. We can sort his claim out - later after some flips happen.

Lynch Lumpen Infinitum or Cat. Done for the day then.

• Locked thread