Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Nope, this conversation made me check for just that last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Hmm then where the heck is that listed?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok i improved the data. this is vaguely 60% election popularity, 25% pixiv popularity and 15% twitter popularity

the factors/other rankings listed are:
election popularity is average election ranking, with the most recent 3 elections being weighted a bit more and bonus points for placing in more elections
avg. placement is just the raw average of election rankings (not used in the final score)
pixiv popularity is the number of posts tagged for each idol, with pg posts weighted a fair amount more than r18 posts
total tags is the total number of pixiv posts without any penalty to r18 posts (not used in the final score)
twitter fans is the number of individual accounts that tweeted in support of an idol during the most recent election (not used in the final score)
weighted fans is the number of individual tweeters with a slight enthusiasm bonus for total number of tweets for the idol

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

graybook posted:

Hmm then where the heck is that listed?

As I said before, likely in an artbook or some other extended material. Could probably look up where on the wiki, but :effort:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
For one thing, I know I've seen their schools named in, like, the Thanksgiving stand ups depicting them idolized. Hell, I have some of those images saved at home.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
aw, goddAMMIT

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
o no

wait i think i remember where i saw the school names.
was it that usamin.info like place for sif? hurf it's right in the op
donno where they got that from, though.

also

lol

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
iDOLW@TCH will be on Sunday this weekend at the usual time of 1 pm pdt!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Chill la Chill posted:

Looks like we already know who the best girl is:

Agreed.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The needed poptepipic edit :getin:

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The choreography in the Mouretsu☆Yonaoshi Guilty MV rocks!! It's like something straight outta Cutie Honey or Dirty Pair

Edit: Yuko Hori is more powerful than I ever could've imagined

FauxLeather fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 20, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm glad the most boring BiBi song is finally in SIF :geno:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
i'm liking the rina meme so far

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

FauxLeather posted:

The choreography in the Mouretsu☆Yonaoshi Guilty MV rocks!! It's like something straight outta Cutie Honey or Dirty Pair

Edit: Yuko Hori is more powerful than I ever could've imagined

Yeah the MV fits the song fantastically

My favorite part of that image is "watched too many '70's cop shows Sanae," though. Like, if she could swing it she'd be sitting in a 40-year-old sedan eating those snacks and peering through some binoculars.

Also hey I did it I double-princed~

And here's a bonus Yuuko

Smile and Nod is a powerful maneuver.

big ol' gently caress you to imgur for trying to insist I use their stupid app. If you wanted that, maybe when it launched it should've been able to do more than browse your stupid goddamn memes

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That's me.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm glad the most boring BiBi song is finally in SIF :geno:

Which one would that be? And I assume you're talking about in JP, right?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GhostStalker posted:

Which one would that be? And I assume you're talking about in JP, right?

yeah. Silent Tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyUgRnreCiQ

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Also hey I did it I double-princed~

I really need to try out all these room objects I keep getting, a bunch of them have just been lurking in my storage forever because I forgot about them.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The office building mechanic went untouched for like a whole year with me. Just popped in to a nigh empty room to nab some free goodies whenever it was convenient.

Changed it head to toe last night when i realised i was sleeping on 6mil gold coins.

Oh god there are second floors now? Better spruce up that one, too.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I wish I had the energy to theme up my rooms because they can look really good, but I usually just end up swapping out an old piece of furniture for the latest thing and leaving everything else looking roughly like it did a year ago.

https://twitter.com/toggp/status/866315797051748352

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

I wish I had the energy to theme up my rooms because they can look really good, but I usually just end up swapping out an old piece of furniture for the latest thing and leaving everything else looking roughly like it did a year ago.

Continuity is important, after all. The only times I've substantially overhauled my rooms has been to give my idols more leg room. There's such a thing as overdesigning.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

I really need to try out all these room objects I keep getting, a bunch of them have just been lurking in my storage forever because I forgot about them.

If it helps any, not only do the swords match the two castle halves, they're glowsticks (or something).

Just what ol' sugar heart needs, a goddamn lightsaber.

Polsy posted:

I (eventually) overhaul the second room with the new stuff. Not sure I'm feeling this blue tile stuff though. It just reminds me of an airport bar… Plus, this rooftop garden is pretty nice, I think.

I do need to do something about my office, though. I had a corridor of outfits, but there's too many of them and not enough counter space. So far I put a stack of boxes on the end to extend it, but I need another set of counters to back them, or something.

I may even need to put away the Cu/Co/Pa vanity/desk/treadmill! That would make more sense than having the seamless background and camera set up in the middle of the room (and dangerously close to the takoyaki griddle)

Also cute amimami

FauxLeather posted:

The office building mechanic went untouched for like a whole year with me. Just popped in to a nigh empty room to nab some free goodies whenever it was convenient.

Changed it head to toe last night when i realised i was sleeping on 6mil gold coins.

Oh god there are second floors now? Better spruce up that one, too.

My favorite is this one Sae room. Hasn't changed in months, except that he's counting something in one room with little chairs — he's up to 109k, I think. And now there's that little mini-planetarium.

The second room is just like, a "tea room set"? It's the bench with an umbrella. It was in a hot spring, but now there's like, a floor and stuff. Very mysterious. Now it's called "Villa," I forget what it used to be.

https://twitter.com/Bococho/status/866230579905167360
terrifying

terrifying
https://twitter.com/kyou_dou/status/709348421363113990

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
iDOLW@TCH gonna start streaming early today. Will start in 30!

https://cytu.be/r/kotori

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm going to need to see Marchen Debut reanimated with the latest MV technology.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

I'm going to need to see Marchen Debut reanimated with the latest MV technology.

You saw what it did to poor Yuuko

You'd unleash that on even more people?

Besides I want the pun wind beam more.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Thoughts on OG im@s now that we're done with the series (though the movie remains): I liked it!

The main things that I expected would bother me going in did, namely the forced drama and the harem protag P-san. Many of the points of conflict seemed really forced and/or over-the-top, when showbiz is a subject matter that has natural points of conflict. We didn't need Kuroi at all (even if his "checkmate" scenes were fun in isolation), other idols that want to succeed can be rivals without being saturday morning cartoon villains about it - it is something of a zero-sum game, after all. P falling down the hole was dumb as heck. Everything about it, dumb as heck (see image). I didn't particularly enjoy Chihaya's bit, but of the major drama bombs, it was the most natural, though even here Kuroi had to have his unnecessary finger in it, and Chihaya's reaction was extreme and did not endear her to me. Miki's misunderstanding drama was the most natural of the major conflicts, and the most fun to watch as well. At least she had fun when she took time off from idoling! Producer... was really dull. He was a harem protagonist in pretty much every way. The girls were all crushing on him, he had no character traits beyond "is a nice guy" and "tries his rubesty," and he was pretty much the same character throughout. No real bright side here, he kind of sucked, especially in comparison to CG P.

But! I liked almost all the idols, their interactions were fun, the performances were great, and I gained a lot of perspective on Cinderella Girls. The only idol I dislike at this point really is Yukiho, which makes sense given her archetype and my preferences, plus she only really got the one ep and nothing outside it. Chihaya is a bit moody for my tastes, and Haruka a bit doji, but they both have fun moments that made me laugh (even if they're also the focus of dumb drama). Iori is confirmed my favorite ogmas idol, with Miki and Takane pulling up 2nd & 3rd. Shoutout to Kotori, who's pretty great and I hope had a fulfilling idol career in her time. I have a soft spot for Kugirie, for tsunderes, and for spoiled rich girls, and Iori is all three - I was pleasantly surprised that she avoided many of the pitfalls of the spoiled rich anime girl, though, having no issue eating Yayoi's poor people food or getting along with her siblings. Her relationship with Yayoi in general was adorable, and their ep was one of my favorites (second only to the fantastic Azusa wedding chase ep). Miki's main arc was the best-handled drama arc of the show, and she was consistently fun to watch and listen to. Takane perhaps didn't have much depth to her, but she was a riot, so it's OK. All the girls (except maybe Yukiho) had moments that made me understand why they might be some P's favorite, really.

I was expecting the show to be mostly interactions between P and the idol of the week, but I was pleasantly surprised. There was lots of interactions between the girls, and for lots of it P only really showed up to help resolve the situation. They're friends, when I'd been kind of led to believe that they were more rivals or coworkers. Interactions between cute girls is what brought me to idol anime, so this was a big plus. I particularly liked Iori & Yayoi's relationship and Haruka & Chihaya's, though nothing really sets of my shipping instincts. The animation was serviceable though static at worst, and pretty great when it needed to be, for particularly expressive scenes and performances. The performances were good and dynamic, and God dammit why can't Love Live have 100% non-CG performances.

I feel like CG is probably the better show, as it handles its drama a bit better, has less of a cartoonish villain, and above all it's P is better, but a lot of the drama beats felt awfully similar, even if the details are different. I can kind of get why someone who saw ogmas first might prefer it, just because CG would feel less fresh. A thing they both have in common is that the OVA ep at the end, with just various vignettes of their idol lives and the in-universe drama, were among the best eps.

Anyway, good show, good idolwatch, and I look forward to the movie (even if the impression of it I've gleaned from the posts I'm skimmed isn't the most positive)!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
uu-uu

Also good Bococho as ever

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

jesus christ

That aside, I can see your point, CG is more plot-focused than character focused. (also less videogame writing, but that's :can:)

Enjoy the movie when you get around to it!

Also maybe try not to think, that might help.

e. omg "and I think the doroyaki might have cushioned his fall" lol

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There was lots of interactions between the girls, and for lots of it P only really showed up to help resolve the situation. They're friends, when I'd been kind of led to believe that they were more rivals or coworkers. Interactions between cute girls is what brought me to idol anime, so this was a big plus.

I think what we were getting at was not so much that they don't like each other, as much as there's no indication they ever see each other outside work, minus the Iori and Hibiki visit Yayoi episode.The Love Lives go to the same school so they can more naturally be together without it being because they're rehearsing or putting on a performance. Even CG has a bunch of non-work scenes without needing that excuse.

e: also the Iori quote from the movie where she says yeah we all want to be top idol but that doesn't mean we hate each other

Polsy fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 22, 2017

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Further reading also to save me digging these up again in future:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750570&pagenumber=655#post453531093

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740211&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=73#post457064490

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740211&pagenumber=78#post457098642

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740211&pagenumber=85#post457134708

I'm unironically glad Zep is here to actually put things into words

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad that someone is around to link my old posts.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang I used to make long posts about idols, now I don't even turn my idol phone games on.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well now you'll never get that 650 day login bonus

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

Dang I used to make long posts about idols, now I don't even turn my idol phone games on.

Please watch The iDOLM@STER Movie and provide extensive commentary before this weekend, tia.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/_usa_train/status/866985354208747520

https://twitter.com/buta_tsuzumi/status/866913451263774720
good thing those weren't number candles~

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
that is INCREDIBLY RUDE Ranran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

that is INCREDIBLY RUDE Ranran

That's no Ranran, that's a Heart

Unless you're talking about the first tweet, which I can't see because I'm not a confirmed follower.