Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Astroman posted:

I think we should do an episode by episode, week by week thread. At least spread it out somewhat because otherwise it's "watch 12 hours or whatever over a week and don't post til you're done, come in and post your review and speculation for Season 4 and read everyone else doing the same thing."

:colbert:

I can't imagine this ever working in a million years. The American Gods thread broke the no book chat rule within like 2 hours. At least this way we can all run through the whole season then sperg out about it once we're done furiously masturbating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you can't do the whole season in 3 nights, your TVIV pass will be revoked.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I can't imagine this ever working in a million years. The American Gods thread broke the no book chat rule within like 2 hours. At least this way we can all run through the whole season then sperg out about it once we're done furiously masturbating.
I have to agree. I just have to admit that I can't come in here and talk about this show until I've seen it all, and with work and other obligations I don't see it happening after the first weekend.

I'm going to lean toward the basic rule:

If it has aired, it is fair game. Use spoiler tags out of kindness but not out of dogma. Ok?

I have so much to do next weekend I may not get caught up for a couple weeks. I'm really sorry about this because I love this show and I love discussing it with you fine folks; but I can't add hours to the week.

I invite discussion on the topic but we have to accept it's all coming at us in about three nights. I'd rather hide and wait than be spoiled.

That said, it's almost the 19th already, so I think I'll make myself scarce and check in after.

Splinter sequence... initiated.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait. The only show i'm looking forward to more than 12 Monkeys is The Mist, hands down my fav horror film.

I'm down with The Mist/ Silent Hill mash up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlXoDnWYWZw

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

If you can't do the whole season in 3 nights, your TVIV pass will be revoked.

I will not have my TVIV cred questioned sir. I'll get my iPad, a case of water and sit on the toilet the whole weekend :colbert:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
haha, it's only 3 hours a night anyway, i do 3 hours of tv standing on my head.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

3 hours?! pfft amateur. I mount myself on meathooks and binge entire seasons. Iron Fist almost broke me though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's a 10 episode season, right?

Let's do spoiler tags for episode 1 until just after it airs, tags for episode 2 the day after, and so on. That's worked well in the Marvel Netflix thread.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm easy pleased, I watch some absolute crap.

I don't pay to watch tv, so my opinion isn't as demanding.

^^
It's a good system, realistically the thread isn't going to get many derps. It's 12 monkeys... the most underrated show on TV.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 18, 2017

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

It's a 10 episode season, right?

Let's do spoiler tags for episode 1 until just after it airs, tags for episode 2 the day after, and so on. That's worked well in the Marvel Netflix thread.

That's not how the Netflix spoiler rules work, or how these episodes are being released -- if you're implying they're being released daily.

4 episodes Friday, 3 Saturday, 3 Sunday.

I'm thinking, no tags? I mean, I reckon a lot of people will be watching them live anyway -- or near as.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Not that I'm sure we can handle this but how about Friday's episodes get spoiler tagged until 11:59 Saturday night, Saturdays until Sunday night, etc?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Count me in as one of the "see you on the other side" crew. I'm gonna stay away from the thread unless something really bonkers happens which is probably likely. I looked at my cable guide and these are the descriptions and titles for the first two episodes:

E1 - Mother : The birth of the Witness and the beginning of the end of the world.
E2 - Guardians : Cole travels to 1922 and faces new enemies; the origins of the Witness' world-ending plan are revealed.

I mean, that reads like some pretty heavy hitting poo poo right off the bat.

Edit: Also that trailer for The Mist looks great and I had no idea a series was on the way

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I guess that at least for tonight there won't be any commercials?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did they recast Hannah?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Did they recast Hannah?

I don't think so?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not listed anywhere

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Laughing real hard at this montage at the start of episode 2.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Shame nun is providing some excellent crazy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

These are some ruthless loving time travelers.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Where the heck is gaius baltar?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Well those 4 episodes sure were something. :stare:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Emily Hampshire is loving amazing. The trench music video was so loving cool.

episode 4 3PO ha!

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 20, 2017

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

quote:

Hello rear end in a top hat, I'm future rear end in a top hat.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

dy. posted:

Where the heck is gaius baltar?

Gaius is the Witness, book it.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 20, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*begins the binge*

Holy poo poo that WW1/99 Luftballoons sequence!

Dis gon b gud.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Thanks assholes for spoiling the witness casting.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a wild guess.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Who else could it even be though?

Also, the time travel logic this season has _completely_ gone out the window -- particularly with that new rewind power that seems to work remarkably arbitrarily. In the first episode they use it to change history for Cassie and the cult, but Jame's chronology remains unchanged despite him interacting with versions of those characters who no longer exist. In the second, the cult leaves Paris before killing the impresario, which means that Jennifer's newspaper could never have existed. They also establish that it reverts time travellers back to their splinter arrival point, I think, though this didn't seem to apply in the previous episode!

I mean, yeah yeah, it's a show, and one that has always had a convenient logic to its timetravel, but this is some really sloppy work.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

If they're gonna have portable type travel machines they should at least make a german voice scream SPLINTER SEQUENCE INITIATED when they use it

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Will this end with the line WITNESS ME

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jennifer Goines is loving fantastic.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Shame nun is providing some excellent crazy.

Time shame nun is hardcore. "Thank you for your sacrifice"

Jones torturing Olivia with the splinter machine was some hardcore poo poo. Dr. Grim indeed.

Pun battle in ep 4 :lol:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 20, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jennifer dabbing on the French in the 20's was magical.

Emily Hampshire is a treasure.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol at this Jennifer/Olivia combination.

lol x2 at the giant cell phones.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 21, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo episode 5 ahaha Jennifer's plan and Deacon is REALLY into heists

Deacon is totes the MVP this season.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 21, 2017

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Episode Five is the best.

Allison Down's impression of Jennifer was amazing.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Jennifer is mvp yet again, Olivia is great too.

x66Shadow66x
Aug 27, 2004

Don't worry, I'm fine. Charlie's fine by the way.
It’s sad that so little people watch this show. This season has been incredible so far.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
kirk acevedo is so good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know they probably didn't plan it this way but it is kind of funny how each night has been a separate story arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is incredible

• Locked thread