Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Since 3.0 lite's first schedule report on April 14th, the projected release date has been moved back from June 29th to (between July 6th and) July 20th.

Five weeks in and they're already one-to-three weeks behind (most likely three). That's impressive planning, even for CIG. :laffo:

If they continue at this spectacular production rate of five weeks forward, three weeks back:
  • By June 23rd, release pushed back to August 10th
  • By July 28th, release pushed back to August 31st
  • By September 1st, release pushed back to September 21st
  • By October 6th, release pushed back to October 12th
:toot: Star Citizen: 3.0 lite in time for CitizenCon :toot:

3.2 (3.0 full-fat, as promoted at last Gamescom for end of 2016) by CitizenCon 2018? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

Schedule report is out. Another week of evidential progress in the books for all who claim this doesnt exist.

you've convinced me - i'm out to get a new connie and soak in that hot tub, man

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
So the weekly letter came out.

An Anthropomorphic Thumb posted:

Creating Star Citizen alongside all of you has been a wonderful journey; thank you for helping us make sure that journey leads to the game we've all been dreaming of.

Translated: if you stop giving us money, none of us will get a game.

Also, CR himself is saying what is there right now isn't a game. We are just leading to a game.

Checkmate :reddit:

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

I'm the 7036 Mb map of some grey rocks and a giant soft serve machine.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Well it looks like Lumberyard's tools are getting some use from CIG at least.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Those 'replace me' textures are actually the final frustrated message left behind from programmers and graphical artists walking off the project.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I discovered this quite accidentally in another thread but :allbuttons: seems to capture the moment when Derek Smart was irrevocably proven to be right about the inability to deliver the game as promised with $150m

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

WebDO posted:

I discovered this quite accidentally in another thread but :allbuttons: seems to capture the moment when Derek Smart was irrevocably proven to be right about the inability to deliver the game as promised with $150m

The game has been out since dec 2015 dude. They're just adding constantly to it over time.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

The game has been out since dec 2015 dude. They're just adding constantly to it over time.

Tane.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
you can spew dumb memes all you want but you have to face facts

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

:golfclap:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

I find in this case the devil's in the details.

It's not always visible from the surface.

Basically post your balls

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

We deal in facts all the time. CIG have spent 6 years building a tech demo which has had no substantive additions since 2.0. There's no game loop, no persistence, no professions, no use for the ships that are available except for pew-pew and playing a digital version of Star Wars action figures like we did when we were kids. There's no story, no progression, no penalty, no community apart from the 10 people on the server with you. There's no teams, no docking, no inventory, no use for currency. There's NO GAME.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Abuminable posted:

We deal in facts all the time. CIG have spent 6 years building a tech demo which has had no substantive additions since 2.0. There's no game loop, no persistence, no professions, no use for the ships that are available except for pew-pew and playing a digital version of Star Wars action figures like we did when we were kids. There's no story, no progression, no penalty, no community apart from the 10 people on the server with you. There's no teams, no docking, no inventory, no use for currency. There's NO GAME.

You obviously don't understand the game. Its meant to be a sandbox. YOU make the story instead of relying on others to be your imagination. Theres professions in the game already with a lot more coming. Boutyhunting,soldier, scout, etc. There is def a gameplay loop dont be silly.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

You obviously don't understand the game. Its meant to be a sandbox. YOU make the story instead of relying on others to be your imagination. Theres professions in the game already with a lot more coming. Boutyhunting,soldier, scout, etc. There is def a gameplay loop dont be silly.

Whatever, troll.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
what a weak argument. someone comes in and deals in facts and you poo poo your pants.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

Most games don't make the players use their imaginations so much. Games just do all this handholding these days; showing or telling the player everything, having gameplay and assets and just refusing to let the player imagine things on his own, it's just sad really

I'm really glad that CIG has the balls to do something different

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Foo Diddley posted:

Most games don't make the players use their imaginations so much. Games just do all this handholding these days; showing or telling the player everything, having gameplay and assets and just refusing to let the player imagine things on his own, it's just sad really

I'm really glad that CIG has the balls to do something different

Its a different sort of gaming company. They'll take notice of the success.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Abuminable posted:

:perfect:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

You obviously don't scrod the scrod. Its meant to be a scrod. YOU make the scrod instead of relying on others to be your scrod. Theres scrod in the scrod already with a lot more scrod. scrod,scrod, scrod, etc. There is def a scrod loop dont be scrod.
scrod

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Daztek posted:

Guys, Star Citizen is out and Derek Smart is wrong

But It is now a $300 million project, so I hope the backers have the fortitude to double their pledges again. How else would you fund 400 staff for another five years?

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Can you have a scrod tane? Asking for a detail on the surface

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Abuminable posted:

Jesus gently caress, stop falling for the obvious Surface Detail/TrustMeImLegit/Probably many others I missed's latest account. This is just embarrassing.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Love seeing people argue against scrote

poo poo, meant to say scrod

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
http://i.imgur.com/IsetA24.gifv

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I'm reconsidering my decision to never give money to CGI now. If the bit of spare cash I contribute helps get this game made, that'll mean people like PoisonTaco will stay in their homes playing the BDSSE instead of going outside and interacting with the rest of society.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I'm reconsidering my decision to never give money to CGI now. If the bit of spare cash I contribute helps get this game made, that'll mean people like PoisonTaco will stay in their homes playing the BDSSE instead of going outside and interacting with the rest of society.

He doesn't strike me as the sort of person who interacts much with society in any case

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

He doesn't strike me as the sort of person who interacts much with society in any case

Agreed, however that's still too much IMO

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

So, they spend $40 a week to put fruit in a bag to squish into juice.

I have.... so many questions.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

So, they spend $40 a week to put fruit in a bag to squish into juice.

I have.... so many questions.

If you watch the whole vid you'll see why the "juicer" itself is made pretty well and would cost way more than the ticket price to produce

Also everyone should sub to AVE to learn something once in a while

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
The current build of 3.0 is actually looking pretty great. It's missing over 50% of what Chris promised but it looks fantastic. I reckon it will be an August release and will be the mvp. I think the plan from there out is basically. Amazon

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

what a weak argument. someone comes in and deals in facts and you poo poo your pants.

:same:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

is this nonexistant game out yet

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

What does your tane tell you?

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

So what does an MVP really get you at this point? What does it signify other than, no refunds because we gave you a "game". Like this is their last dump in the toilet and now we are going to proceed in making it pretty and putting some lipstick and gold spinners on it? I guess I just don't understand dream development.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

I think you'll find that it's already AAA rated, fud spreader

"I never thought I’d see the day when a crowdfunded game could be classed as AAA, but Star Citizen more than fits the bill. Because it’s such an expansive and technologically advanced game, a console release is unlikely (Roberts has stated that he will not allow it to be dumbed down to work on less powerful platforms), so we can assume that it will be exclusive to PC unless future consoles have the horsepower to run it successfully."

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/229246/149-million-budget-game-star-citizen-gets-stunning-new-development-diary/

his nibs fucked around with this message at 08:39 on May 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Rudager posted:

If you watch the whole vid you'll see why the "juicer" itself is made pretty well and would cost way more than the ticket price to produce

Also everyone should sub to AVE to learn something once in a while

Just subbed. I don't understand half of what he's talking about, but I've blown through a half dozen of his videos and they're absolutely fascinating and really funny.