Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!

Brainamp posted:

Someone link some Resonance of Fate guns.

dat Luger :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Reminds me of the time /k/ won that weapon design contest for Army of Two 2

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

It's too bad that this was all just stat stuff rather than actually affecting the gun's appearance in game. I would love to see it try to display these monstrosities.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What was that HL2 mod that had a knife with a sniper scope on it?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Isn't knifegun an old meme? Like back in '07 or '08 or something. I think it was a response to the mall ninja stuff

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

What was that HL2 mod that had a knife with a sniper scope on it?

I believe that was Jaykin' Bacon Source, which was actually a HL1 mod (even though the full name was "Half-Life 2: Jaykin' Bacon Source"). That mod also had Snake's cardboard box, a chainsaw you could throw for Patrick Bateman action and a hand gun, as in pointing your finger at someone and going "bang!" and if you did it from behind it made them throw their hands in the air and drop their weapon.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

Pistol grip, rifle but, revolver cylinder, second revolver cylinder? Shotgun Barrel? Energy Weapon balls instead of a pump action?

What if it was made by a 40K Ork? It works because he thinks it should.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Babe Magnet posted:

Reminds me of the time /k/ won that weapon design contest for Army of Two 2

okay i see the backward flashlight attachment here. that, uh...that doesn't make sense, but at least i can figure out what it is.

what the actual gently caress is the black piece of junk jutting up from the receiver?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coolguye posted:

okay i see the backward flashlight attachment here. that, uh...that doesn't make sense, but at least i can figure out what it is.

what the actual gently caress is the black piece of junk jutting up from the receiver?

It's a paintball hopper. For some reason.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Coolguye posted:

Everything is backwards.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Kikas posted:

Everything is backwards.

I assume it was a joke.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

watho posted:

Isn't knifegun an old meme? Like back in '07 or '08 or something. I think it was a response to the mall ninja stuff

It was a joke about MGS3. A game in which Snake gains the impressive ability to use a knife and a gun at the same time.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My favourite one is this;

There's a big difference between "underslung grenade launcher" and "underslung grenade".

This poo poo owns. I want all my videogame guns to look as completely stupid as possible.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Where are those payday 2 goonmod screenshots of stuff like the grenade with a silencer on it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Prop Wash posted:

I only started playing Phantom Pain this year and now the customization system makes a lot more sense! I was wondering why it wouldn't let me make the fun combos.

It was a glitch but you could do nonsensical stuff like putting an LMG box magazine on a grenade launcher with a silenced sniper barrel, to make something that fires completely silent bullets that explode like grenades

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Apparently there's a VR game called Shotforge which is only and entirely about making ridiculous frankenguns.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Chaltab posted:

I use GIMP to edit .dss files if that helps.

Also I would kill for someone to tear out that Samus Power Armor and make it a seperate mod... assuming it's not like a ridiculous number of polygons.

There's actually two Samus suit mods out there for New Vegas, if that helps. A power suits one and a zero suit one. Both come with arm cannons.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38776/ Zero Suit

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38807/ Power Suit System
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h117ssbb5i4dc8y/MetroidSuitPack_v_0_1.zip Samus Power Suit models for that mod

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Digirat posted:

Where are those payday 2 goonmod screenshots of stuff like the grenade with a silencer on it

You mean this?

Found it on Reddit instead of SA, but it feels like it belongs in a Doom mod.

EDIT: Or you could go just as dumb and get a Silenced Knife.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 17, 2017

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

McSpanky posted:

I believe that was Jaykin' Bacon Source, which was actually a HL1 mod (even though the full name was "Half-Life 2: Jaykin' Bacon Source"). That mod also had Snake's cardboard box, a chainsaw you could throw for Patrick Bateman action and a hand gun, as in pointing your finger at someone and going "bang!" and if you did it from behind it made them throw their hands in the air and drop their weapon.

Was that the one with the rocket crowbar too, or was that a separate mod?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Rocket Crowbar was its own insane mod.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Cross-quoting this from the EDF thread because it fuckin rules

HolyKrap posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoVjQ2lVM10

This video's fantastic and I'm kinda wondering how it was even made. Are there some secret mod tools somewhere or can you really make a siren boomerang with just Cheat Engine?

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
All of this is giving me an urge to play Parasite Eve again.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

El Burbo posted:

It was a glitch but you could do nonsensical stuff like putting an LMG box magazine on a grenade launcher with a silenced sniper barrel, to make something that fires completely silent bullets that explode like grenades

https://webmshare.com/g8KDb Best part was how the game tried to handle the guns, leading to stuff like this. That's a reload animation.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kikas posted:

https://webmshare.com/g8KDb Best part was how the game tried to handle the guns, leading to stuff like this. That's a reload animation.

So that's how you reload mind bullets.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That needs some sort of cartoonish sound effect, something that a spinning bow-tie might make.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Light Gun Man posted:

I have no idea what's going on in that video but it's amazing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

That needs some sort of cartoonish sound effect, something that a spinning bow-tie might make.

https://gifsound.com/?webm=https://s1.webmshare.com/g8KDb&v=5-6yvsLFrsw&s=384

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

I wish the person who uploaded the videos linked to a copy of the CheatEngine scripts they used. Even with basic fiddling giving yourself unlimited energy and no reload time as a wing diver let's you break the game in fun ways, or triggering infinite ammo as an Air Raider so you can summon entire battalions of giant robots.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAep0rjFN0

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

RatHat posted:

don't worry it's just as nonsensical if you've played the game

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Coolguye posted:

don't worry it's just as nonsensical if you've played the game

It makes a LITTLE more sense but yeah, pretty much. When it's rolling around as a ball, the ball is the Mothership, one of the major bosses of the game. There's a part where the giant robot punches a mothership in the weak spot (normally impossible) and it's amazing. Also when the robot is on top of the brain (another major boss) and stomps it to death. The robot does not have a rocket punch in the regular game, either. The ambulance siren is not normally a weapon, but having seen that video, it loving SHOULD be.

I'm not really sure but I think a lot of that video is being accomplished by swapping animations or something. Also there's some kind of player cloning or somehow letting more players join than normal going on I think?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm not really sure but I think a lot of that video is being accomplished by swapping animations or something. Also there's some kind of player cloning or somehow letting more players join than normal going on I think?
correct, he's using cheat engine to modify the properties of weapons to have different bullets, different bodies, etc. there's no sanity checks on any of this in game so if you tell a missile launcher that it now shoots exploding motherships that detonate into black holes, it will just work. what's truly impressive is that the engine can handle all of this without dropping its proverbial spaghetti. it's important to remember that EDF games are made on a shoestring budget by a handful of people who are just following their passions. they don't have endlessly deep pockets the way an EA or a Capcom project would have.

and yet, their janky B-movie simulator engine is harder to knock over than most AAA engines.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That is an aggressively ugly game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I think the worst offender are the 3d models of the monsters :barf:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Is that made as a joke or did someone actually believe that making high rez textures for doom was a good idea?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

What's the music in that video?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

watho posted:

Is that made as a joke or did someone actually believe that making high rez textures for doom was a good idea?

There are literally thousands of those. A few of them are even pretty good.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Not this one, though.

"Comments are disabled on this video."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It should've been all the original textures, just upscaled to 4K.