Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Okay then you're just collectively threatened by some people getting to enjoy Destiny on proper hardware. Now, unless you have something constructive to add as an experienced Destiny player, shoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So there's nothing that PC players are missing out on by not playing the first game, right? No bonus items or cosmetic stuff or whatever carry over into 2?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nope. Literally only your face carries over if you played the first one.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

treiz01 posted:

Okay then you're just collectively threatened by some people getting to enjoy Destiny on proper hardware. Now, unless you have something constructive to add as an experienced Destiny player, shoo.

I am legion

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think PC and console players should enjoy their video game platform of choice

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

eonwe posted:

i think PC and console players should enjoy their video game platform of choice

Except in the last thread the console players started to whine after 2 pages of PC related chat, the thread got closed and the new console thread opened up. I saw your post in the other thread about making a common Goon Squad for all platforms and I'm for it.

Edit: Lol, the first response to your suggestion was "Get him!!!"

I am so surprised by this I forgot to be surprised.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i was just makin a joke about the crew!!!! everyone should hust have fun and enjoy their video games imo

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Kelp Plankton posted:

So there's nothing that PC players are missing out on by not playing the first game, right? No bonus items or cosmetic stuff or whatever carry over into 2?

Just some (or one) emblems if you completed the original D1 quest.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

eonwe posted:

i was just makin a joke about the crew!!!! everyone should hust have fun and enjoy their video games imo

You shouldn't joke about the crew, it's the only good ubisoft game and driving through fakemerica is super cool.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

limaCAT posted:

You shouldn't joke about the crew, it's the only good ubisoft game and driving through fakemerica is super cool.

I wasn't a big fan. Forza Horizon 3 is making me extremely happy though, because I just can't find good offroad racing games any more :/

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
you cant enjoy video games if you only play on consoles, thats the rule

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

limaCAT posted:

The issue may lie between the, Nvidia Drivers, the game, and the actual rig itself.
The problem is not he platform itself, but rather the Nvidia Drivers and the game.

Allow me to reiterate what I mentioned earlier in the Steam forums, and obviously I'm just going to copy and paste it :P :

"When I purchased the and installed "The Crew", at the time I had a PC rig that had low end specifications, which were an AMD Radeon HD 3300M w/ 6620G APU, and the game operated decently, in other words, it was laggy at times, but no sign of it crashing whatsoever.

I've then upgraded my PC to an AMD Radeon HD 3510MX w/ 6620G APU, and the game still perform well with slight imporovemnt of the performance, bu there were still no signs of it crashing.

Most recently, I've bought a new PC which is an ASUS STRIX GLGL502V whose specifications are an i7-6700HQ CPU w/ GTX 1070 8GB with the latest Nvidia Drivers running on a Windows 10 64-bit operating system, and of course there was a massive improvement towards the games performance, so much that I can play the game at max setting with a stable solid 60 FPS, but the game crashes after about 10 minutes or less for no apparent reason whatsoever.

I checked the "Event Viewer" consecutively after each crash to see where the issue may lye. At first the problem was with a particular DLL file that has given people issues within the pass, but is easily resolved and will be imediately reported to Microsoft themselves after four consecutive failed attempts to load. But after some tweaking and fiddling, I was able to resolve some of the problems that has hindered the game, but the crashing still persist.

After the update from Microsoft, the DLL problem has been resolved, but the error continues to persist. I was able to narrow down the error to the point where after each crash, the "Event Viewer" would either display that the faulting module name is either "The Crew.exe" or "Unknown".

But now the ntdll.dll error came back. I thought the recent Windows update resolved it like they said.

One of my procedure that I've done was I went into my documents folder and deleted "The Crew" folder and verified my game data through Steam. From there on I've begin getting that the faulting module name was "The Crew.exe" persistently. The error is still quite ambiguous but it does display some sort of future solution for this problem, and progress of course.

The problem is definitely the Nvidia Drivers, it was said that the Nvidia Driver Versions 368.22 and before are the ones that the game will funtion properly and not crash at random intervals, but any drivers after version 368.22 seem to not do the game any good, with that in mind, Nvidia mentioned that one of the driver versions after 368.22 will resolve the issue, but what ever that version was, it obviously hasn't done any good, and that can be confirmed with how the latest Nvidia Driver Version does for the game, and it doesn't do the game any good either.

Conduction a role-back to version 368.22 is only doable if you don't have a Pascal 10 Series GPU, in other words, right now, only Maxwell GPU's are capable of downgrading to version 368.22 as of right now. But Nvidia and Ubisoft are aware of these issues and are currently working to resolve it.

But from what I and others found are nothing but a stepping stone, but supports the finding of a solution".

It's theoretical though, but with many variables proving that it's a fallacious DLL error that is being affected by the Nvidia Drivers..

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

A bunch of boring poo poo

Why did the console gamer have a headache in the museum?

Too many frames.

Also, lol at the noob who bought a prebuilt and then whines about issues

treiz01 fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 20, 2017

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
Didn't Trump make an executive order to close this thread? Make America great again!
PC's dead.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The issue may lie between the, Nvidia Drivers, the game, and the actual rig itself.
The problem is not he platform itself, but rather the Nvidia Drivers and the game.

Allow me to reiterate what I mentioned earlier in the Steam forums, and obviously I'm just going to copy and paste it :P :

"When I purchased the and installed "The Crew", at the time I had a PC rig that had low end specifications, which were an AMD Radeon HD 3300M w/ 6620G APU, and the game operated decently, in other words, it was laggy at times, but no sign of it crashing whatsoever.

I've then upgraded my PC to an AMD Radeon HD 3510MX w/ 6620G APU, and the game still perform well with slight imporovemnt of the performance, bu there were still no signs of it crashing.

Most recently, I've bought a new PC which is an ASUS STRIX GLGL502V whose specifications are an i7-6700HQ CPU w/ GTX 1070 8GB with the latest Nvidia Drivers running on a Windows 10 64-bit operating system, and of course there was a massive improvement towards the games performance, so much that I can play the game at max setting with a stable solid 60 FPS, but the game crashes after about 10 minutes or less for no apparent reason whatsoever.

I checked the "Event Viewer" consecutively after each crash to see where the issue may lye. At first the problem was with a particular DLL file that has given people issues within the pass, but is easily resolved and will be imediately reported to Microsoft themselves after four consecutive failed attempts to load. But after some tweaking and fiddling, I was able to resolve some of the problems that has hindered the game, but the crashing still persist.

After the update from Microsoft, the DLL problem has been resolved, but the error continues to persist. I was able to narrow down the error to the point where after each crash, the "Event Viewer" would either display that the faulting module name is either "The Crew.exe" or "Unknown".

But now the ntdll.dll error came back. I thought the recent Windows update resolved it like they said.

One of my procedure that I've done was I went into my documents folder and deleted "The Crew" folder and verified my game data through Steam. From there on I've begin getting that the faulting module name was "The Crew.exe" persistently. The error is still quite ambiguous but it does display some sort of future solution for this problem, and progress of course.

The problem is definitely the Nvidia Drivers, it was said that the Nvidia Driver Versions 368.22 and before are the ones that the game will funtion properly and not crash at random intervals, but any drivers after version 368.22 seem to not do the game any good, with that in mind, Nvidia mentioned that one of the driver versions after 368.22 will resolve the issue, but what ever that version was, it obviously hasn't done any good, and that can be confirmed with how the latest Nvidia Driver Version does for the game, and it doesn't do the game any good either.

Conduction a role-back to version 368.22 is only doable if you don't have a Pascal 10 Series GPU, in other words, right now, only Maxwell GPU's are capable of downgrading to version 368.22 as of right now. But Nvidia and Ubisoft are aware of these issues and are currently working to resolve it.

But from what I and others found are nothing but a stepping stone, but supports the finding of a solution".

It's theoretical though, but with many variables proving that it's a fallacious DLL error that is being affected by the Nvidia Drivers..

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spiv posted:

Didn't Trump make an executive order to close this thread? Make America great again!
PC's dead.

its actually insanely good

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
my entire ps4 crew is switching to PC for 2 and there was no debate about it lol (we're all playing pugb together right now!!)

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

eonwe posted:

its actually insanely good

PC is the largest gaming platform in the world, and sales increase every year while console sales slowly decline.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zo posted:

my entire ps4 crew is switching to PC for 2 and there was no debate about it lol (we're all playing pugb together right now!!)

I wish my people were smart like yours :( I've got maaaaybe 50% willing to switch.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I don't know, I got it on a psn sale and it ran just fine.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

the good fax machine posted:

I wish my people were smart like yours :( I've got maaaaybe 50% willing to switch.

AFAIK Destiny 2 isn't coming to the Switch.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/dont-look-now-but-the-pc-is-the-worlds-biggest-gaming-platform/

Huh.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

quote:

Before the "PC Master Race" folks take this as vindication for the superiority of mouse-and-keyboard controls for first-person shooters or something, it's worth pointing out the types of PC games that are generating most of that revenue. SuperData reckons free-to-play MMOs generated more than half of all PC gaming revenues in 2015 ($17 billion), with "social network-based gaming" taking another 25 percent of the total revenue haul ($8 billion).

The list of top 10 PC games by revenue was also dominated by free-to-play titles, from the Western-friendly League of Legends and World of Tanks to Asian-centered MMOs like CrossFire and Dungeon Fighter Online. The only pay-to-play single-player title to break into that top 10 is Grand Theft Auto V, at No. 10.

:stoked:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

limaCAT posted:

AFAIK Destiny 2 isn't coming to the Switch.

Good. All analog sticks are loving garbage, but the teeny ones on the Switch would be terrible for a shooter.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

treiz01 posted:

Good. All analog sticks are loving garbage, but the teeny ones on the Switch would be terrible for a shooter.

Don't let people who love that Twitch Esports superstar game known as Splatoon 2 hear you dude :ohdear:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

treiz01 posted:

It's good to know that just like XBone Krew, the PC Bois are extremely thick.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

limaCAT posted:

Don't let people who love that Twitch Esports superstar game known as Splatoon 2 hear you dude :ohdear:

I'm guessing the crossover between Splatoon 2 enthusiasts and Destiny 2 PC players will be minimal

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's good to know that just like XBone Krew, the PC Bois are extremely thick.

As "thick" as all those people using M+K on console to play Destiny?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think people should enjoy their gaming platform of choice

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

eonwe posted:

i think people should enjoy their gaming platform of choice

Mods?

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Ahaha so I knew that aim assist on consoles was a thing, because seriously gently caress those little sticks. I can't use them for anything except driving games and stuff like the arkham series which is really designed for controllers. But apparently, in addition to aim assist in FPS games like Destiny, there is also "bullet magnetism" to compensate FURTHER for the shortcomings of analog sticks.

The controller concept sacrifices so much in the way of actual control to be convenient that game devs had to design multiple systems to compensate for it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

treiz01 posted:

Ahaha so I knew that aim assist on consoles was a thing, because seriously gently caress those little sticks. I can't use them for anything except driving games and stuff like the arkham series which is really designed for controllers. But apparently, in addition to aim assist in FPS games like Destiny, there is also "bullet magnetism" to compensate FURTHER for the shortcomings of analog sticks.

The controller concept sacrifices so much in the way of actual control to be convenient that game devs had to design multiple systems to compensate for it.

FYI PC games do very similar stuff for strafe movements made by digital key presses

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

FYI PC games do very similar stuff for strafe movements made by digital key presses

Ah yes, I see how strafe compensation is worse than autoaim in a game about aiming guns

Also, source please.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I fuckin love clicking the mouse in the same way over and over again, and I can't deal with with the controller vibrating it hurts my tiny hands

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
PC Master Race actually uses a Non Analog Zoom Interface that allows for Fast Über High Response Execution Rates

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

treiz01 posted:

Ah yes, I see how strafe compensation is worse than autoaim in a game about aiming guns

Also, source please.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I for one am looking forward to the cross platform blood wars in D2.

For the PC Master!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

treiz01 posted:

Also, source please.

I never said it was better or worse, I gave an example of how PC games use input adjustment and compensation as well. Because it's smart to do it.

What's cool is that because a console analog stick input is imprecise to a degree, developers can variably adjust the methods they use to smooth and control input to give guns wildly different feel and handling characteristics. This is a cool way to differentiate guns when done right, and in fact it's probably the single item for which Destiny is most famous. I'm honestly very curious about how they will handle this on the PC.

Im sure KB/M is the most precise way to receive an "aiming" input, but is it the most appropriate or accurate to what's being simulated?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Some of my best guns are actually triggers

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I never said it was better or worse, I gave an example of how PC games use input adjustment and compensation as well. Because it's smart to do it.

What's cool is that because a console analog stick input is imprecise to a degree, developers can variably adjust the methods they use to smooth and control input to give guns wildly different feel and handling characteristics. This is a cool way to differentiate guns when done right, and in fact it's probably the single item for which Destiny is most famous. I'm honestly very curious about how they will handle this on the PC.

Im sure KB/M is the most precise way to receive an "aiming" input, but is it the most appropriate or accurate to what's being simulated?

So about that source?

Or can all of us just start pulling dogshit arguments out of our rear end?

treiz01 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Same. I do recall somebody saying on some stream that the guns felt a lot more stable on PC, so I wonder what that means will happen with regard to stability as a fixed stat.

• Locked thread