Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Apparently only normal mode nightfall will use matchmaking, heroic mode nightfall won't.

Fart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

limaCAT posted:

Apparently only normal mode nightfall will use matchmaking, heroic mode nightfall won't.

Fart.

Normal and Heroic nightfalls? idgi

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Oh and I uploaded some Trials gameplay from this weeks Trials map, wishing I could be playing a (Destiny) game where snipers don't regen ammo and sticky nades didn't 1 hit kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVn6suHLbS8

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CheeseFactory posted:

Normal and Heroic nightfalls? idgi

Let me guess. Heroic is the true Destiny experience and the other is a bone thrown to the brown sea but it will just be a strange coins dispenser?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

limaCAT posted:

Let me guess. Heroic is the true Destiny experience and the other is a bone thrown to the brown sea but it will just be a strange coins dispenser?

Oh boy, I'm looking forward to poo poo like this:

Trials of Osiris
  • Normal
  • Heroic

*****IM SORRY YOU HAVE ALREADY PLAYED NORMAL MODE THIS WEEK PLEASE SELECT HEROIC MODE*****

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
We're back in the main games sub, suck it cuntroller users

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I enjoyed this video.

I hope for Destiny 2 they don't gently caress around too much with the format, that I think is perfect. I specially do not want anything to do with 4vs4 modes. 4vs4 can be good for crucible has a optional game mode.

Love this map in particular. I wonder why they called it Blue Balls.

This exclusive map.

For the PS4.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

treiz01 posted:

We're back in the main games sub, suck it cuntroller users

Actually I KEYBOARD

Keep
Enjoying
Your
Botched
Opportunities
At
Roasts,
Dog

dashKADE
Apr 8, 2013

O C C O Q U A N
I bounced out of Destiny just prior to RoI and don't recall anyone up to that point mentioning "skating". I can tell it was some way of exploiting movement types into moving much faster than was intended but what exactly was it? And just how badly was it effecting Crucible for people who didn't use it?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

dashKADE posted:

I bounced out of Destiny just prior to RoI and don't recall anyone up to that point mentioning "skating". I can tell it was some way of exploiting movement types into moving much faster than was intended but what exactly was it? And just how badly was it effecting Crucible for people who didn't use it?

In the 3v3 modes and especially elim/trials the ability to move quickly and get into place first was absolutely critical.

Elsewhere being able to move quickly via skating was especially nasty during the jug shotgun Titan meta, and just in general it let's you close distance through primary fire before you can be killed.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
To be clear, skating was feathering the jump button as a Titan so you hover across the map very fast because titan jump was AIDS

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
It's cool that Bungies listened to my posts about movement being a problem and I hope the compromise is still enjoyable.

I like longer TTK games, hopefully going to primary/primary/special set up makes the game easier to balance.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Rasheed Patented Prediction: weapon handling will be a big deal as people discover the best way to blint with double primaries.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Rasheed Patented Prediction: weapon handling will be a big deal as people discover the best way to blint with double primaries.

"I just hit someone with my handcanon. Better switch to my hand canon for the clean up"

Seriously though it's a good shake up. Having a long and short range primary weapon will be a cool shake up. Should be some fun combos in there.

Some PvP thoughts:

I like the new score board. Seeing who has super and what classes they are. Thats a good change. Also is matching elemental weapons to enemy classes.

Apparently when you rez someone and you get hit it stops the rez? Dunno if that's true. But it that is that kinda fucks me. Being able to rez and shoot with just as much accuracy was the best thing about the xim and it was kinda my thing.

The big thing is going to be team work. With the higher ttk you are going to need those team shots. The scoreboard even treats assists as kills as incentive.

The revive tokens are an interesting idea. Adds another tactical layer. I can totally see the next trials being Search and Destory. It has the right elements and is a little more dynamic than trials is now with it's single cap point. Rotation of spawns makes things even.

Sidearms and submachine guns looked weak as hell. Hand canons looked strong. That pulse rifle has poo poo stability but it would of been decent otherwise.

Didn't see anyone using that chaingun in PvP. Wonder how that goes.

Well. I finished taking my poo poo. Back to bed.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
For real though with slow enough TTK I can see a world where it makes sense to start with a first curse and finish with a last word

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Well. I finished taking my poo poo. Back to bed.

Your body pulls you out of a deep sleep to poop?

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
Mine just poops.

EDIT reasonable contribution: I would think that if that chaingun has a spin-up, it would make it not ideal in a higher TTK pvp, no?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Spiv posted:

Mine just poops.

EDIT reasonable contribution: I would think that if that chaingun has a spin-up, it would make it not ideal in a higher TTK pvp, no?

People will just run around with it pre spooled just like people do now with fusion rifles.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

People will just run around with it pre spooled just like people do now with fusion rifles.

More like a persistence AR if it soends ammo while spinning up.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Heroic nightfall will have zero/limited revives. The end

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Spiv posted:

Mine just poops.

If it kills really fast it won't matter if it takes longer to spool up hth

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
hammers is such a weirdly inconsistent super for me.

http://i.imgur.com/PiZenTI.gifv

randomly get multikills with a single hammer, fail to hit one loving guy with 3 hammers. best around tho so thats par for the course

tfw you tell the new guy the wrong button for running relic and he melee's himself off the edge

http://i.imgur.com/PvbLGBK.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 20, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Obviously I haven't touched the game yet, but I'm having a hard time imaging a scenario where a fusion rifle would be the weapon of choice for the power slot. I can maybe see running a shotgun or sniper in PVP, or definitely a sniper in some raid encounters for example. But why use a fusion rifle, even if the damage gets turned way up, in a world where rockets and grenade launchers exist? Other than to just gently caress around?

Emron posted:

Heroic nightfall will have zero/limited revives. The end

Jesus. You're right, aren't you? Jesus.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No reviving in Nightfall sounds terrible, who wants to be the guy deciding whether to spend 15 minutes soloing an encounter or kill yourself and start over with all 3.

the good fax machine posted:

Obviously I haven't touched the game yet, but I'm having a hard time imaging a scenario where a fusion rifle would be the weapon of choice for the power slot. I can maybe see running a shotgun or sniper in PVP, or definitely a sniper in some raid encounters for example. But why use a fusion rifle, even if the damage gets turned way up, in a world where rockets and grenade launchers exist? Other than to just gently caress around?

Because each power ammo drop gives you 1 rocket or 5 fusion shots.

Fusions are already kinda useless in PVE so maybe their behavior has been changed in some way to make them more attractive.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm guessing nightfall won't be no revives but a limited amount like we saw in the countdown mode. How would you divide the loot pools?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Has anything been announced about how the leveling/light system is changing, if at all? I found that the most asinine part of the first game - the leveling system made older content pointless as they raised the cap and the light system made playing with friends not at your level frustrating.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Has anything been announced about how the leveling/light system is changing, if at all? I found that the most asinine part of the first game - the leveling system made older content pointless as they raised the cap and the light system made playing with friends not at your level frustrating.

What? That's not how the light system works at all. Once you were a few levels/ light over the content your damage caps off. It was actually a pretty decent solution to level disparity between friends playing the same content.

Have you played a game where its done really loving poorly? Division?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ah, it's been a while since I played, I guess I forgot how it works. Still, have they announced anything at all? A lot of those mechanics hamstrung the core gameplay for me no matter how much content they added. And I still see the utterly pointless "20" next to people's names in the gameplay streams, which worries me.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ah, it's been a while since I played, I guess I forgot how it works. Still, have they announced anything at all? A lot of those mechanics hamstrung the core gameplay for me no matter how much content they added. And I still see the utterly pointless "20" next to people's names in the gameplay streams, which worries me.

Nothing but it''ll probably match every other MMO style leveling where the initial grind to level cap is just putting you in another content bracket with the next leveling system. Diablo: Level -> Paragon. Destiny 1: Level -> Light. It's not exactly a new concept to Destiny.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I look forward to the primary/primary/special meta falling to loving pieces as soon as they introduce an exotic shotgun and sniper that can be equipped in the primary slot lmao

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

That's not what I'm talking about. In Destiny 1, every expansion they released raised the level cap, which made every single piece of high level equipment you'd worked for now worse than common drops, and made all the (non-strike) previous content completely pointless. So if you bought the game when Taken King came out, for instance, there was no reason to ever touch, say, the House of Wolves arena or the Vault of Glass, as they were now comically easy and didn't drop anything remotely useful.

I mean, I know the excuse is that's the way MMOs work, but in a game that expects you to play the same content over and over variety is key - and they just left that stuff sitting there for no reason.

Still seeing the "20" next to peoples' names worries me, as that was always a strange disconnect - of COURSE they're 20 (or 30 or whatever the level cap is at the time), I wouldn't ever be playing with anyone that hadn't hit the level cap. It's literally the least important piece of information I could see about that player.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 20, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That's not what I'm talking about. In Destiny 1, every expansion they released raised the level cap, which made every single piece of high level equipment you'd worked for now worse than common drops, and made all the (non-strike) previous content completely pointless. So if you bought the game when Taken King came out, for instance, there was no reason to ever touch, say, the House of Wolves arena or the Vault of Glass, as they were now comically easy and didn't drop anything remotely useful.

I mean, I know the excuse is that's the way MMOs work, but in a game that expects you to play the same content over and over variety is key - and they just left that stuff sitting there for no reason.

They updated the poo poo eventually but remember it took them 10 hours to move a plant and the UI couldn't support displaying numbers larger than 200 in inventory.

Supposedly the whole game has a new engine that's not some mad max jumble of odds and ends with the halo 2 engine under it.

Also infusion fixed most of those problems

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Still seeing the "20" next to peoples' names worries me, as that was always a strange disconnect - of COURSE they're 20 (or 30 or whatever the level cap is at the time), I wouldn't ever be playing with anyone that hadn't hit the level cap. It's literally the least important piece of information I could see about that player.

Again, this wasn't true at all.

Pvp is for the most part level and light neutral.

The Taken King left behind old guns because Bungie hosed up the perk system and it was impossible for them to properly balance things if old guns came forward.

From TTK on all legendary and exotic equipment could be brought up to the maximum light level. I know I did a ton of outdated content to farm cool guns and infuse them up to the current top level.

There was one hiccup with bringing up old guns requiring a few pieces of new gear because of the way the system was designed, but they fixed it and now you just take a max light gun and put it into an old gun and bam, your old gun is now max light.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

My point is that it wasn't fun to play the old content. You just steamroll it. And I know about infusion, but raising the level cap still nullified a lot of time and effort people put in to get their gear. I really want to know how they're addressing that.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Oh gently caress I remember when you got like 75% of the infusion or whatever the gently caress and the raid gave you an RNG between 310-320 and it was always 316 lmao

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

My point is that it wasn't fun to play the old content. You just steamroll it. And I know about infusion, but raising the level cap still nullified a lot of time and effort people put in to get their gear. I really want to know how they're addressing that.

check back in september

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Welp that is an answer to the question I asked I suppose, haha.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rotten Red Rod posted:

If they hadn't, people would have used nothing but fatebringer/black hammer/gjallarhorn for three years and you'd be complaining they did nothing to incentivize using new weapons.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I look forward to the primary/primary/special meta falling to loving pieces as soon as they introduce an exotic shotgun and sniper that can be equipped in the primary slot lmao

I'd like to think that they learned from that mistake, but.... lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Oh gently caress I remember when you got like 75% of the infusion or whatever the gently caress and the raid gave you an RNG between 310-320 and it was always 316 lmao

Lol I ended up using 320 gear I didn't want to gently caress with because I couldn't get ish to drop ~318 to step ladder the infusions from 316. Classic.