Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Meat Dimension posted:

From looking at the multiplayer footage I thought that the time between pressing option to the character menu becoming responsive was way faster as well as map loading.

The problem is that all that info is server side and they were in a walled garden environment

e: bad phone postin'

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The problem is that all that info is server side and they were in a walker garden environment

I can dream :smith:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Some Zero posted:

Did anyone see if heavy synths are still a thing and do they require 45 seconds of loading and menus to access?

No reason they wouldn't be since it's only on PCs and current consoles where it's 10 seconds rather than 45

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Look I need to know the emote situation. Can I have emote load outs or do I have to pick the one perfect PVP emote.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
One of the new emotes is a guy doing the jerk off motion and mumbles about video drivers

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

moist turtleneck posted:

One of the new emotes is a guy doing the jerk off motion and mumbles about video drivers

Close the thread. It's over.

EDIT contribution: I would also like to see some radial wheel. There's too many good options that are moment specific to just keep clapping, or laughing, or bowing, to everything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spiv posted:

EDIT contribution: I would also like to see some radial wheel. There's too many good options that are moment specific to just keep clapping, or laughing, or bowing, to everything.

Don't even need a radial wheel, just enable reassignment of the other slots.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
loving lol pc thread stickied

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Spiv posted:

i dunno. grieves has a pretty thick 99% use case scenario rating

downside, streamers use it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Some of yall don't just blow kisses all day? Sad.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The John cena wave almost looks like a dude doing the jo/sploosh motion from the back

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The John cena wave almost looks like a dude doing the jo/sploosh motion from the back

you had me at "from the back"

:gizz:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

My point is that it wasn't fun to play the old content. You just steamroll it. And I know about infusion, but raising the level cap still nullified a lot of time and effort people put in to get their gear. I really want to know how they're addressing that.

Uh that's how MMO's work. You work really hard to get your numbers high, then 6 months later you have to do something new to get your numbers even higher. Repeat throughout the life cycle of the game.

How the gently caress else are they going to keep you logging in outside your preferred activity of choice if you don't have something to chase in vain

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Looking forward to chasing the new Cabal Sparrow with Truck Nutz dangling off the back

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

hiddenriverninja posted:

Looking forward to chasing the new Cabal Sparrow with Truck Nutz dangling off the back

Don't forget rollin coal

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
tbf srl would have been way more fun if it was less like srl and more like spy hunter

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Rollin Coal is the best worst thing. It stands against everything I believe in but I kinda wanna roll a dude riding a €6k carbon bike and yell "how bout deez carbons?"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Meat Dimension posted:

Anything not at an angle is probably a placeholder.

Anything not in the videos is unfinished and broken as hell.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Would absolutely throw down real money to get a rollin coal Sparrow.

Plus if enough players buy it one of the D2 xpacs could be global warming

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well lah-dee-dah mister French

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

moist turtleneck posted:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
If I'm understanding right it looks like int/disc/str is out, and abilities just have set cooldowns

this is good I think- sure you lose some customization I guess but honestly tier 12 hunting and the rng stat rolls were real real bad. Hopefully this lets them play around with or make the cooldown perks in subclasses and on armour more impactful.

e; although really it wasn't customization, it was optimization (usually max int/dis, but some classes preferred dis/str and like, stormcaller liked int/str I think), while also trying to get nice perks, so yeah, just an RNG check

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 20, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

trash person posted:

Would absolutely throw down real money to get a rollin coal Sparrow.

Plus if enough players buy it one of the D2 xpacs could be global warming

Can you imagine an xpac in the chyna dead zone?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I've heard that area has some extremely prominent landmarks

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Chyna Dead Zone is the Bone exclusive. As is rolling coal in your diesel convertible.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

If I'm understanding right it looks like int/disc/str is out, and abilities just have set cooldowns

this is good I think- sure you lose some customization I guess but honestly tier 12 hunting and the rng stat rolls were real real bad. Hopefully this lets them play around with or make the cooldown perks in subclasses and on armour more impactful.

Some of the perks on the armor available in the demo were faster recharge on super/melee/grenade so it looks like they've just stripped the RNG out of that aspect of loot and you just pick which abilities you want to recharge faster by picking armor nodes.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

SpaceGoku posted:

Some of the perks on the armor available in the demo were faster recharge on super/melee/grenade so it looks like they've just stripped the RNG out of that aspect of loot and you just pick which abilities you want to recharge faster by picking armor nodes.

sounds good to me!

hopefully this carries over to other design choices, especially for gun perks and perk layouts and what not. The guns in RoI and later taken king were pretty good about that stuff I think

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I can't even with this one

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I've heard that area has some extremely prominent landmarks

not really worth staying for more than one night tbh

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:vince:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The boss has a huge crit spot

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I like that the pc thread already has its own monkeu

:unsmith:

they grow up so fast

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:hawksin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

thats hot

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:prepop:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mazerunner posted:

I like that the pc thread already has its own monkeu

:unsmith:

they grow up so fast

Is it monkeu?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Is it monkeu?

At the rate dude is acting, it loving may as well be.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

sounds good to me!

hopefully this carries over to other design choices, especially for gun perks and perk layouts and what not. The guns in RoI and later taken king were pretty good about that stuff I think

Gun perks are the thing Im most keen to see. Im wondering if we can still grind or wait or find or whatever a true nail driver pulse rifle for example or if they've tweaked the trees and base archetypes you wont be able to get that god roll you want.

Either way something in the map design or archetypes of something will lead to there being a hopelessly broken gun in there somewhere.

Gimme me gun stuff info plz bungo.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

At the rate dude is acting, it loving may as well be.

Are people reading both threads?!? Why?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
actual perk revealed at launch

Better: Gun is slightly better now